Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

In anticipation for the lame Hot Wheels UQ coming soon, I decided to make good on an old in-joke from when Stu was hot on JP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL_x4-MRZTI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well I was using the tweaker to launch PSO2 after literally reinstalling my OS (well, I also did it to install an NVME drive I hadn't used as well) and all was well until today. Tweaker struggled to update some files, seemed to finish, and now the game won't launch even after running the tweakers fixes.

Windows Store also won't uninstall or reset the game when I try to do so. Kinda sucks!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Well I was using the tweaker to launch PSO2 after literally reinstalling my OS (well, I also did it to install an NVME drive I hadn't used as well) and all was well until today. Tweaker struggled to update some files, seemed to finish, and now the game won't launch even after running the tweakers fixes.

Windows Store also won't uninstall or reset the game when I try to do so. Kinda sucks!
Try a fresh "non windows store" install?
For me step 5 also did a cleanup of any dead files as well.

Vitamean posted:

-Is there anything I need to know about running AQ? I've done a few with my friends, and it seems mostly straightforward, but also I saw a dude in my alliance flip about a guy in his party who wasn't doing something right so I'm wondering if there's some sort of expected way to do them.
From what I could tell running, you want to clear out as much of the map as possible (so don't zone to next area too soon) and apparently people try to photon blast at the same time while in PSE burst? I'm not clear on why people do it, it sounds like it supposed to increase the chances of cross-burst, but when I looked up PSE burst mechanics, it's mostly just a result of killing lots of stuff quickly.

For the current rally, you want to do the AQs under "Amplified Quest" and doing one of each will give you a 10% xp/rare boost, stacking up to 150%.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You want people clumped up (preferably near an exit) to minimize monster spread on bursts and where they spawn from. It's a lot easier to just mindless spam ilfoie and launchers if you aren't having to constantly retarget and can just fire at a pile of monsters.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
One of the PSE bursts you can teach your MAG sucks up all the enemies around the first one you shoot after it activates. It allows you to quickly clean up mobs in AQs by holding them in one spot. If you have the PB gauge buff from drinks, you can spam it every other group of enemies.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

For any range attack during PSE Bursts you can hold down Left + Right mouse button and alt tab out, and it will stay held down.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Try a fresh "non windows store" install?
For me step 5 also did a cleanup of any dead files as well.

From what I could tell running, you want to clear out as much of the map as possible (so don't zone to next area too soon) and apparently people try to photon blast at the same time while in PSE burst? I'm not clear on why people do it, it sounds like it supposed to increase the chances of cross-burst, but when I looked up PSE burst mechanics, it's mostly just a result of killing lots of stuff quickly.

For the current rally, you want to do the AQs under "Amplified Quest" and doing one of each will give you a 10% xp/rare boost, stacking up to 150%.

My bar is maxed out but I sure don’t feel like my AQs are giving me 150% more XP.

A shifta boost, alliance boost, and booster run pre and post event feel like they give me the same amount

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Are you running the target AQs?

I didn't really do any AQs before the event, so I don't have a point of comparison. I think threat level might also influence EXP? So if you were doing a +50 non event then did like a +1 event one?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Are you running the target AQs?

I didn't really do any AQs before the event, so I don't have a point of comparison. I think threat level might also influence EXP? So if you were doing a +50 non event then did like a +1 event one?

I did +50 Floating before and I’m doing +50 Floating now and I swear it’s the same XP. I’m probably just crazy, though.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Numberwang!!! posted:

For any range attack during PSE Bursts you can hold down Left + Right mouse button and alt tab out, and it will stay held down.

I've been farming the Amped VHAQs with my Alliance like this. We all have All Class launchers, either Sigma Bastad or Shooting Drive. When the burst comes we just park in a corner, jump up into the air, then start firing and never stop. Somehow I'm not bored of it.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Do your stats affect your pet's stats? I just made a +200 melee Mag, and then I made sure to get the "convert pet's attack to melee" skill point.

I tested out the practice map and i hit for max of 8614 dmg, with or without my mag equipped...

Am I doing something wrong?

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

You might not be turning the skill on, you have to put it on your bar and use it every time you first go to ship.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Beo posted:

You might not be turning the skill on, you have to put it on your bar and use it every time you first go to ship.

that did it thanks

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Is it possible to transfer the personality of a Redran to a Wanda/Jinga???

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Numberwang!!! posted:

Is it possible to transfer the personality of a Redran to a Wanda/Jinga???

No. Each species has their own possible personalities and that's that.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Once 14star eggs become a thing your pet will have both personalities at once along with the drop boost. Provided you can get a hold of the egg in the first place...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MR. J posted:

Once 14star eggs become a thing your pet will have both personalities at once along with the drop boost. Provided you can get a hold of the egg in the first place...

*drowning in 14* viola eggs*

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Welp this was probably dumb but I converted 300 EX-Cubes into grinders and vendored the grinders (1.2mil Meseta per 100 EX-Cubes) to scrounge up just enough for some Form Greaves at 11mil. Finally got +10 onto the Form Greaves and now all my default Jetboot kicks send Zelda-style piercing beams across the screen. Feels like it was pretty worthwhile, especially since getting it to L3 Potential will double the beam damage compared to L1 potential. Being able to hang back and DPS from 50 feet away is a nice paradigm shift. Bouncer has one of the highest default attack DPS in the game so it feels like the Form weapon potential was designed for it.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Form_Greaves

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

kirbysuperstar posted:

*drowning in 14* viola eggs*
Yeah, 14 star pets were rare at first but at some point they gave up on making them hard to get and started putting them in the collection files too.
Including the alternate colour versions which were meant to be like shiny Pokemon, which kind of defeated the purpose of them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I will always love my S Redran though

..I guess you lose the shiny version if you upgrade them to the evo pets, huh

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Zero VGS posted:

Welp this was probably dumb but

Converting cubes to corn is a classic emergency maneuver, don't worry. You'll always get more.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For all of you jumping through hoops with PSOtweaker, the game actually runs properly (so far) with a regular Windows store launch now. For me, anyways. :shrug:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Based on the amount of times the windows store has already hosed things up I'd wager it's only a matter of time before you have some sort of issue that requires a reinstall. May as well go through the tweaker first and get ahead of it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That's my experience with MS store. "Yay it works" and then a week later, randomly, everything is broken and I have 100GB in MutableBackups and poo poo.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I was using the store without issues until a few days ago when it suddenly poo poo itself. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, this isn't even the first time I've been screwed by one of MS's lovely PC storefronts. I was never able to get Dark Souls 1 working because of Games for Windows Live and didn't end up actually playing it until I got the Switch version. :shepface:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

jokes posted:

That's my experience with MS store. "Yay it works" and then a week later, randomly, everything is broken and I have 100GB in MutableBackups and poo poo.

Ditto. I am in no rush to go back to the store.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Evil Fluffy posted:

For all of you jumping through hoops with PSOtweaker, the game actually runs properly (so far) with a regular Windows store launch now. For me, anyways. :shrug:

Your time will come. The time comes for everyone using the Windows store. Just rip that bandaid off now.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Any theory crafting on the best soaring blades to aim for?

I have Millos Bright +35 and the damage boost in the air seems pretty good, but i've heard twin orochi will top them in ep 4 with all the breakable parts on enemies?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

This is a weird loving game.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Welp, had a crash yesterday that broke the game for the fourth or fifth time, and now even after a full standalone reinstall with the tweaker the game won't load. I think I'm done with this until it's on steam or something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rocketpriest posted:

Welp, had a crash yesterday that broke the game for the fourth or fifth time, and now even after a full standalone reinstall with the tweaker the game won't load. I think I'm done with this until it's on steam or something.

Did you run the powershell script part of the install? Installing with the tweaker still requires Devmode hacks, and if you leave that step out it will still point to the busted MS Store directory.

It's not hard to do, you just turn on developer mode, and run the powershell script from the root directory of wherever you installed PSO2 to (not in Program Files, you gotta install it somewhere else, C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 works great, or any other drive you choose), but you do have to follow the instructions on the webpage.

Once that's done, the game is fully freed of the MS Store's clutches, because it's in a folder that you have full control over, and since it was installed in developer mode the store won't erroneously make backups of the files or corrupt stuff.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 15, 2020

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

If I use 10* Jinga egg on 9* Wanda, does Wanda evolve into 10* Jinga? Also will Wanda keep all levels/sweetbox???

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Diephoon posted:

Based on the amount of times the windows store has already hosed things up I'd wager it's only a matter of time before you have some sort of issue that requires a reinstall. May as well go through the tweaker first and get ahead of it.

The Tweaker is what broke and why I said gently caress it and just tried the Store to see if it was in a less-awful state.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Numberwang!!! posted:

If I use 10* Jinga egg on 9* Wanda, does Wanda evolve into 10* Jinga? Also will Wanda keep all levels/sweetbox???

Nope, your 9* Wanda just gets EXP.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

orange juche posted:

Nope, your 9* Wanda just gets EXP.

To clarify I meant Pet Rarity Enhancement, not Egg Synthesis

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Finally managed to kill a gold magatsu. The team hit some really good chest lasers. Still dislike how janky the robot feels but at least I won instead of watching that stupid prick team rocket off into the sunset laughing.

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
Just got done doing the Magatsu Urgent Quest. What the hell am I meant to do with like fifty 7-9 star weapons? Do I feed some to my mag and sell the rest?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Numberwang!!! posted:

To clarify I meant Pet Rarity Enhancement, not Egg Synthesis

Yes. Turn into a Jinga, keep everything else.

You'll get a chance to reselect personality though. Also, you can't turn the Wanda back into a Jinga and will need Jinga eggs to further rarity enhance your pet.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Mordiceius posted:

This is a weird loving game.

The game has all sorts of weird issues where I feel if they had an external graphics programmer come in and audit the project there would be FIX THIS flags all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Is it possible as a ranger to run two assault rifles, one that is just loaded with blight bullets and one that I do damage with?

Blight bullet is apparently great from what I hear but it loads like 6 bullets into my gun and completely removes my ability to quickly restore PP.