Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Maigius posted:

I realize that this is probably a batshit insane thought, but LordNad's public plan feels kinda weird to me, like scum orchestrating something to remove rivals then sow dissension when the plan fails. But that just feels like 4-D chess thinking to me

If you think that's true, why don't you try to put together a case to present that Nad is scum?

I am agog to see it, because I don't think it's doable without some serious misrepresentation... We have time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

In fact, I am going to reread Nad in that frame of mind, and see if I can convince myself. Healthy scepticism and all that.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

##vote Squiggly let's finally test this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm only on page one, but I've just seen that Nad is in Jacksonville. I used to live there!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scientastic posted:

In fact, I am going to reread Nad in that frame of mind, and see if I can convince myself. Healthy scepticism and all that.

The only way I see nad as scum, and it's a long shot based purely on gut, is paranoia that he's been an active town leader. Would've required some healthy bussing tho

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Maigius posted:

##vote Squiggly let's finally test this.

Behold the dying gasps of the Cult

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Scientastic posted:

If you think that's true, why don't you try to put together a case to present that Nad is scum?

I am agog to see it, because I don't think it's doable without some serious misrepresentation... We have time.

I'm at work right now, but I'll reread and try to make a case later.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Scientastic posted:

I'm only on page one, but I've just seen that Nad is in Jacksonville. I used to live there!

Where at? I'm off collins

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scientastic posted:

poo poo he's from Florida? Lynch on principle

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

Behold the dying gasps of the Cult

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

Where at? I'm off collins

I lived in San Marco for a couple of years, and bike commuted to Mayo.

I got knocked off and run over so many times my divorced parents clubbed together to help my buy a car. And then I left about three months later.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

poo poo he's from Florida? Lynch on principle

I'm FROM Mass thank you very much. Stationed here. Probably gonna stay after retirement.

Also if Maigius flips Cult today like I have been near certain he is, you all get a hearty I told you so.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Scientastic posted:

I lived in San Marco for a couple of years, and bike commuted to Mayo.

I got knocked off and run over so many times my divorced parents clubbed together to help my buy a car. And then I left about three months later.

No kidding. Was Dr Hanel at Mayo when you worked there?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

I'm FROM Mass thank you very much. Stationed here. Probably gonna stay after retirement.

Also if Maigius flips Cult today like I have been near certain he is, you all get a hearty I told you so.

Oh hey I'm in Mass now. Quincy to be precise. From Virginia originally though

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Oh hey I'm in Mass now. Quincy to be precise. From Virginia originally though

If you told my father your address, he'd tell you what your front door looked like. He delivered phone books there. I grew up in middleboro.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scientastic posted:

I'm not going to do this blow by blow, but while Nad has been mistaken a couple of times, his voting is pretty solid and his interactions around flipped scum are pretty townie.

And his role, and the theft by scum (Andy being jailed at the time) basically make him as close to confirmed as it's possible to be without being unconfirmed mason partners with flipped scum.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god not Florida ... I mean oh cool I got to go to Disney over the holiday before everything went to poo poo

(Please don’t reinfect the northeast we worked really hard on getting our R values down)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

No kidding. Was Dr Hanel at Mayo when you worked there?

I was in the lab, I didn't really see much of the medics.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Scientastic posted:

I was in the lab, I didn't really see much of the medics.

Oh he was a neurosurgeon there. Has since moved to Baptist and did my brain surgery.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Jailed spoonsy again.

Will post more when I’m at computer later today.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Scientastic posted:

I'm not going to do this blow by blow, but while Nad has been mistaken a couple of times, his voting is pretty solid and his interactions around flipped scum are pretty townie.

And his role, and the theft by scum (Andy being jailed at the time) basically make him as close to confirmed as it's possible to be without being unconfirmed mason partners with flipped scum.

Specifically with pushing Nep over DGK and ignoring merk to pursue Maigius.

Although if Maigius flips today Cult today then technically I wasn't wrong D2

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

you all get a hearty I told you so.

Scientastic posted:

merk is scum

Scientastic posted:

DGK is also scum

Scientastic posted:

My top scum picks are Xopods and Cheese

Scientastic posted:

Tomorrow, let's execute xopods.

Scientastic posted:

All the people saying they have a town read on Xopods are wrong

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Has everyone checked in today?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

Although if Maigius flips today Cult today then technically I wasn't wrong D2

That's a good point, and I would have been wrong about Maigius for nearly the whole game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I think the one thing that this game really brings home to me is how bad Steak is at mafia

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And that policy lynching him is a good idea

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Has everyone checked in today?

Yes. We're waiting for me to get home from work so I can check discord to verify Sci and then submit my action to check boogie.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Scientastic posted:

And that policy lynching him is a good idea

Agreed 100%

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I will back away from saying LordNad is going all chessmaster in us. It was a snap idea.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Maigius posted:

I will back away from saying LordNad is going all chessmaster in us. It was a snap idea.

You should probably stop flailing around now

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Maigius posted:

If the results about boogie say Voodoofly then you're getting launched today. Nothing will change that. You could just save us all some time and scumclaim.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

In all seriousness, Maigius, who are your scum picks? You're incredibly likely to be executed today, and if you're town (a long shot, I know) you should be trying to actually convince people to execute the correct candidate, and who that candidate should be if we execute you today and you flip town...

Let's assume there's one scum left: who is it and why?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

LordNad posted:

If the results about boogie say Voodoofly then you're getting launched today. Nothing will change that. You could just save us all some time and scumclaim.

Or this

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

LordNad posted:

I'm not scum though. Just kinda useless.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Maigius posted:

You've made it this far: if you're scum, you're not useless, you've outlived the rest of your buddies.

And if you're town, you've contributed by helping to get merk executed, so again, not useless.

Don't be sad. Be upbeat! Tell us who you think is scum!

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Maigius posted:

"Kinda"

0/6 voting for scum which is actually kind of impressive given that actual flipped scum voted for more scum than you.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

b-minus1: confirmed by xopods flip
Sub Rosa: confirmed by b- getting a charge last night
Spoonsy: confirmed jailed
Voodoofly: confirmed jailor

Scientastic and dmboogie should be confirmed when Nad gets home.

This leaves Squiggly, Maigius, and Nad as unconfirmed by my read

Posts like

LordNad posted:

If the game is still going on

Tomorrow (6 town 1 scum)

Lunch Voodoo

LordNad posted:

I know it's not me. I've been suspicious of Maigius so thats why he gets lunched today. Worst case you get jailed tonight.

If Maigius is town and no kill tonight that means youre the scum.
If theres a kill tonight that means Voodoo has to be the last scum.

still give me pause on Nad. The idea that we would lunch the confirmed jailor who confirmed jailed someone the same night as a scum NK before him just seems lol. If Nad is scum, maybe that means we should doubt Nad confirming Sci and boogie today. But Nad lying about either would quickly lead to his death. Like if he says dmboogie didn't visit Voodoo, then dmboogie flips town, then Nad gets lunched.

Squiggly posted

Squiggly posted:

I skimmed a lot of posts but if people are honestly concerned about me and my night action just end the day with two votes

Unless sub and I are both scum, it's been confirmed that my power is a night action so letting you all talk at night means I couldn't kill

I don't need your votes, I don't want your votes, but it is a verifiable way that I am not doing the kill

Squiggly posted:

Hello welcome to a way to clear me independent of other night actions

I have some thoughts but want to wait for actions to be claimed

I did not go anywhere last night because I can't
Squiggly, you having one night action, doesn't mean you also have another night action if you are scum. Why are you claiming that you couldn't kill? Are you saying that we will be able to talk tonight, and that means you couldn't have killed last night? If so, how did you get a 4th charge since you haven't received another one from me, and I don't think you have been jailed?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mafia edit: doesn't mean you do not have another night action if you are scum

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sci is confirmed I had a past viewer

Boogie is confirmed, he visited voodoo.

##vote Maigius

Sub, Spoonsy didnt claim a charge yesterday that's why I wasnt sure. Him claiming it today before Voodoo does indeed confirm Voodoo.

If for what ever reason maigius flips town hailing squiggs will stop the kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Jailing* Squiggs you dumb phone