Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of how Nintendo's release of Animal Crossing New Horizons is so very suspiciously apropos.

I had to keep going into the office during all this but my fiancee spent two months unemployed and has over 400 hours clocked into her game. I'm incredibly jealous because I had quarantine plans to finally watch things I haven't and nothing changed for me except I get out of work an hour early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I knew exactly how this was going to go after the word "winter" showed up and I couldn't stop laughing anyway

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Iron Crowned posted:

I have seen a person in the wild wearing Bitcoin T-Shirt. I actually had to double take that one.

I once saw a guy driving near UCLA in a McLaren with a Bitcoin-themed vanity plate. I can't recall the last time someone so transparently or efficiently showed the world everything it needed to know about them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

married but discreet posted:

I must see the golden armed woman, goddamn.

It’s a Sam Raimi movie and goes full deadite at the end

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

David Koepp has departed from Indiana Jones 5. This was after he returned to writing it after for a time having been replaced by Lawrence Kasdan's son. Disney still has the movie scheduled for two years from next month, a very reasonable production timeline.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
are we gonna get CG sean connery

I know he's not dead but

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Actual Emmy winner who essentially has a career entirely on the strength of "she's Kate Spade's niece and is Quirky"

Like, no, this is what she deserves

e: I don't even necessarily think Brosnahan's a bad actress, she's fine I guess, I'm just incredibly loving sick of this whole thing where art and media are just a way for "high society" families to wave their dicks at everybody. Everyone pretends you're allowed to make art or media if you're poor, but if you try to do that as a job without being uber-rich, you will starve because not a drat soul on Earth will ever look at anything you make; the pretense is just there to create more bodies to throw into the below-the-line meat grinder, if people know how to play the game, and create "lolcows" like Neil Breen or Tommy Wiseau or Chris-chan out of people who don't.

The people who have come from humble backgrounds and managed to genuinely succeed, without caveats, in media and art are essentially lottery winners, they're such extreme outliers. Though I will say, it's sort of funny that Raimi directed this because he's, to my knowledge, one of those outliers; his career basically hinges on him getting extremely, absurdly lucky with a horror movie made on pocket change.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 15, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She deserves to be in an awesome Sam Raimi short film that’s really funny and well shot? I agree

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

im still marvelously amazed they cast a goy for that role

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

im still marvelously amazed they cast a goy for that role

One of my good friends, who is Jewish, refuses to watch Maisel on the grounds it is “a Jewish minstrel show.” And...I mean, I get it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I don’t have much of an opinion on Brosnahan herself other than I caught an episode of Marvelous Ms. Maisel that my roommate had on and the fictional stand-up within was worse than some open mics I’ve been to.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've never met another person in real life that watches The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Actual Emmy winner who essentially has a career entirely on the strength of "she's Kate Spade's niece and is Quirky"

Like, no, this is what she deserves

e: I don't even necessarily think Brosnahan's a bad actress, she's fine I guess, I'm just incredibly loving sick of this whole thing where art and media are just a way for "high society" families to wave their dicks at everybody. Everyone pretends you're allowed to make art or media if you're poor, but if you try to do that as a job without being uber-rich, you will starve because not a drat soul on Earth will ever look at anything you make; the pretense is just there to create more bodies to throw into the below-the-line meat grinder, if people know how to play the game, and create "lolcows" like Neil Breen or Tommy Wiseau or Chris-chan out of people who don't.

The people who have come from humble backgrounds and managed to genuinely succeed, without caveats, in media and art are essentially lottery winners, they're such extreme outliers. Though I will say, it's sort of funny that Raimi directed this because he's, to my knowledge, one of those outliers; his career basically hinges on him getting extremely, absurdly lucky with a horror movie made on pocket change.

sir this is a wendys

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duz posted:

Nope, it's phone only because you have to be able to rotate your phone to see the alternate view.

Also there’s one show you can only watch at night

And the entire platform is a scam to circumvent labor union standards and screw over crew pay

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shneak posted:

I've never met another person in real life that watches The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Dont come to my old office where it was the show du juor

Its the sort of show that has a plot for one season, maybe two and uh oh theres more than that number of that seasons.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SAG redlighted
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1272699688697737218?s=20

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Scott Baio and Movie should have been enough for a Do Not Work order

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Aww, man. Is Kristy Swanson a CHUD?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ChickenMedium posted:

Aww, man. Is Kristy Swanson a CHUD?

I'll let you decide

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1237064590871035915?s=20

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Dont come to my old office where it was the show du juor

Its the sort of show that has a plot for one season, maybe two and uh oh theres more than that number of that seasons.

Every subsequent problem from 1 on basically boils down to Mrs. Maisel self-sabotaging herself in a really obvious way

I keep expecting the show to get super dark any second every time I see it, I don't know why. Maybe because Lenny Bruce is in it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Like even the Lenny bruce guy when he showed up it was like some dude doing a “heeeeeey toots” schtick. I don’t know anything about him but when you got ms swan in your show and she’s the most subdued thing in it

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Hey, maybe she's just there to receive a medal on behalf of her nephew ARMY, who was killed by cartels 3 times on the Mexican border.

https://twitter.com/KristySwansonXO/status/1084107338942840832?s=20

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Robot Style posted:

Hey, maybe she's just there to receive a medal on behalf of her nephew ARMY, who was killed by cartels 3 times on the Mexican border.

Her nephew is fighting Mimics for the United Defense Force?

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Nolan, Savior of Cinema: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/tenet-wonder-woman-theaters-reopen-coronavirus-1234635853/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Just push the movie another half a year. We know this ain't going the VOD route unless Nolan develops a virus to go with the file that either auto-calibrates your TV for P E A K C I N E M A or blocks you from watching if your screen is less than 55".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hell if it was tarantino he could have bragged about bringing back the drive in

cuz that's the sort of thing he's into

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AbeGoldfarb/status/1272910268356534273

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m excited for Jurassic world 3. It’s going to be the ultimate trash

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Remember that Bewitched movie that was about a witch who got cast as the protagonist of a Bewitched remake? Remake Outbreak except it's about a film studio filming a remake of Outbreak during an outbreak.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
As long as Christopher Guest directs it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Robot Style posted:

Is she schizophrenic? That reads like a faulty chud AI tweet generator.

We do need boots, technology though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

jurassic park but everyone just keels over and dies

think of the money you'll save on effects!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently Tenet being delayed by two weeks is a WB decision. Nolan did not want to delay it at all.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

CelticPredator posted:

I’m excited for Jurassic world 3. It’s going to be the ultimate trash

Me too, I’m even kinda excited for the rewatch of Fallen kingdom i’ll do before the new one comes out. That movie was a spectacular disaster :magical:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1273195121102782464?s=19

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

gently caress yeah.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is a pro click, I can't stop laughing

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Vegetable posted:

This is a pro click, I can't stop laughing

Travis Fimmel trying soooooo hard to take this seriously and just barely succeeding

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

ChickenMedium posted:

Travis Fimmel trying soooooo hard to take this seriously and just barely succeeding

What is the wider context or intended tone of this...series? I don't fully understand what Quibi makes, "short-form narrative content" in some way. It's an anthology Twilight Zone thing, but like 5 minutes long?

I'd forgive whatever this is if it's intended as intentional satire, some kind of comment on people's self-destructive addiction to capitalism. "I refuse to give up this golden arm I don't need, even if it's actively killing me. I want to be buried with it because I guess you can take your wealth with you."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xealot posted:

What is the wider context or intended tone of this...series? I don't fully understand what Quibi makes, "short-form narrative content" in some way. It's an anthology Twilight Zone thing, but like 5 minutes long?

I'd forgive whatever this is if it's intended as intentional satire, some kind of comment on people's self-destructive addiction to capitalism. "I refuse to give up this golden arm I don't need, even if it's actively killing me. I want to be buried with it because I guess you can take your wealth with you."

It’s exactly this and it’s directed by Sam Raimi and ends like this!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So the golden arm swallows her soul

Got it