Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

My friend's game has turned into vaporwave catdrugs nightmare and it owns:

https://i.gyazo.com/40102d530c0076e67b842b834c46d682.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Your friend's graphics card either is dying or on LSD, I am having a hard time telling the difference here

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

yeah that ain't good man

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hit it with the cold spray!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love the pulsing colors at the end of the gif, it's like someone took a tincture and eyedropper and put some droplets straight into the GPU's eyeballs. Gnarly stuff.

tjones
May 13, 2005
He needs to redownload the shaders, sorry.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

drunken officeparty posted:

Even when there are green dots I cannot figure out how it works. Does it show you direction or just “hey someones kinda near you”

Heartbeat sensor in a nutshell.

Pings a cone in front you. The cone doesn't move with you so if you start the ping then turn around, the HBS is still showing from where you were facing originally.

Range maxes out at 50 m as far as I can tell (I've had pings at 49.# m, but never over 50)

If someone is in range, the distance will show up immediately, you don't need to wait for the wave to scan out and show a dot unless you want that info. Useful then they are at 40+ m away and you know the dot won't show up anyway.

HBS pings every 4 seconds, but if you put it away and pull it out again, that drops to ~2 seconds (unless they've fixed that).

Lemon-Lime posted:

:confused:

It has nearly pure vertical recoil with no first-shot jump. It's insanely easy to control.

Yea, I was running it in MP with no attachments and it felt like it handled better than my kitted out grau.

sinburger fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 15, 2020

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

My attempt to level the Dragunov in rumble has led my heart to a deep darkness. It can't compete with the other rifles when it comes to glint hunting with scout optics, and with a sniper optic, I just can't compete. I actually had a pretty good run on the storage unit map, where the cycle rate and close quarters let me hold the roofs until the enemies tired and hit the deck, but on any of the other maps it feels sisyphean. I guess I should just bite the bullet and level it in HC.

This is actually the best map for this. You can park yourself in a storage unit and drop a claymore for hilarious protection, and there are actually quite a few angles you can get between the debris laying around, like there is one unit with two boxes stacked right at the door that you can shoot past. The rooftops exist for idiots to get shot at, but the real action is in sniping straight down the lanes, as you just get waves of people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RCarr posted:

How do you open the bunker in trench?

There’s YouTube tutorials. It’s probably too involved to try and explain. There’s a bunch of steps to it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DarkDobe posted:

My friend's game has turned into vaporwave catdrugs nightmare and it owns:

https://i.gyazo.com/40102d530c0076e67b842b834c46d682.mp4

These colorblind options are getting extreme

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

There’s YouTube tutorials. It’s probably too involved to try and explain. There’s a bunch of steps to it.

Yeah. The short of it is: there’s numbers all over the map. Shooting the keypad with these numbers opens the bunker. These numbers are always random. Inside the bunker there’s another set of numbers. These are fixed. Going back up and punching these numbers opens a door in the back of the bunker and inside is a giant machine gun that kills anything inside the bunker unless you’re hiding in one of the back corners.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ribbon 8 20 and 23 are warzone so far, sure cant wait to unlock more challenges and see what other ones they can jam in my fuckin game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

And they arent even like easy challenges or ones that you could theoretically do on a handful of games based on skill like kill 4 people with common weapons or some poo poo no they are “buy armor plate bundle 25 times” “complete 63585892 contracts in downtown”

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Are kill cams zoomed in or something? When I get killed at distance by someone whose a frontsight-sized smudge, the kill cam shows them shooting at a big ol' goofy billboard-me.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

So....There's a minigun in WZ now.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What the gently caress is with the lag since S4 dropped? every other game is a horrible experience with multiple 10+ second hangs.

my connection is fine, everything is connected via cat6. theres occasionally been a small lag spike in the past but this is almost as if theres some wierd latency bug induced when in combat proximity around flags.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

its called fLag and its a feature

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Unlock lag free play at battlepass level 77

Use code nordvpn at checkout and get an exclusive dick-weed charm to hang off the side of your gun

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 16, 2020

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Why did they bother to change Plunder into Blood Money when they were going to just take it away from us like 18 hours later?

Annoyed my chill warzone is still missing. I am unchilled.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah dad warzone best warzone fite me <:mad:>

And then after death I respawn and parachute back in to fite again

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can’t believe they didn’t change the awful new gulag back to the original version.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Automatics gulag best

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I didn't realize the gulag layout can change until today

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
rumble is fuckin awful lol

like maybe make the circle gyrate a bit to shake off snipers

also maybe put supply drops in the middle to force people to move in for jugg suits or something

https://i.imgur.com/jk64FtK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/capu0xE.gifv

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

moist turtleneck posted:

rumble is fuckin awful lol

like maybe make the circle gyrate a bit to shake off snipers

also maybe put supply drops in the middle to force people to move in for jugg suits or something

https://i.imgur.com/jk64FtK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/capu0xE.gifv

It needs proper class limits to be anything but a way to level sniper rifles. Like 4 snipers per side max.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

drunken officeparty posted:

And they arent even like easy challenges or ones that you could theoretically do on a handful of games based on skill like kill 4 people with common weapons or some poo poo no they are “buy armor plate bundle 25 times” “complete 63585892 contracts in downtown”

Complete 50 contracts is going to loving suck but at least the Downtown contracts one is just "start" so I can throw myself to the wolves 30 times in a row two minutes at a time until that one is done.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Stop crying about warzone rumble it's a gimmick mode.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
no

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
It’s gently caress around mode when I don’t want to concentrate. Run people over and level the gun of choice.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Enigma posted:

It needs proper class limits to be anything but a way to level sniper rifles. Like 4 snipers per side max.

Let's not pretend this is supposed to be a real game mode. It has no idea what it even wants to be. It is a decent way to level up your Galil though.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Yeah it's whatever. The one in the storage yard is actually fun because there's a lot of cover if you want to ignore the snipers and mess about with rifles and smgs.

Honestly even the mess that it is, I like it more than most of the MP maps. Maybe I'm just not hip anymore but something about them is off. Like theres just too many lanes, so it's a game of luck as to whether you get lucky and someone pops out in one you're looking at or you just get flanked.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I love beating people up with the kali sticks, lol

Run up and whackety whack, it rules. Double time/ghost/tracker is what I run when going melee but wondering if there may be a better option than ghost, if you just haul rear end all over the HB scanner and UAV won’t really track your location that well I think.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Rumble would be way more bearable if you spawned higher up in the air and the spawns weren't fixed so you don't just get 2 teams sniping at each other with no man's land in between

tjones
May 13, 2005
If they wanted rumble to succeed they'd give it objectives. The current WZ objectives would be fine. Make score based on the objectives completed, ensure the algorithm picking objective location forces gunfights into locations where there are people. Notify both teams of objectives currently active (yellow for team/red for enemy). Give out huge WZ like XP bonuses for people completing the objectives. Make the kills not count toward team score and limit their XP bonus when not in the vicinity of an objective.

There, rumble is fixed. People completing objectives gets massive XP boosts while the guys camping for kills in some random corner of the map won't get a lot of XP, but can still complete their gun challenges or whatever.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I highly doubt they give a gently caress about rumble succeeding it's a gimmick mode that will be gone in a week.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Price looking at my ugly rear end gun like "why have you done this"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CJacobs posted:

Price looking at my ugly rear end gun like "why have you done this"

That's not an anime g36 with a body pillow charm on it :colbert:

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

tjones posted:

If they wanted rumble to succeed they'd give it objectives. The current WZ objectives would be fine. Make score based on the objectives completed, ensure the algorithm picking objective location forces gunfights into locations where there are people. Notify both teams of objectives currently active (yellow for team/red for enemy). Give out huge WZ like XP bonuses for people completing the objectives. Make the kills not count toward team score and limit their XP bonus when not in the vicinity of an objective.

There, rumble is fixed. People completing objectives gets massive XP boosts while the guys camping for kills in some random corner of the map won't get a lot of XP, but can still complete their gun challenges or whatever.
this would be a decent mode but it wouldn't be rumble. for rumble just widen the circle a ton and have it move around, maybe tug-o-war style with teams pushing each other back

veni veni veni posted:

I highly doubt they give a gently caress about rumble succeeding it's a gimmick mode that will be gone in a week.
probably. can we get plunder back then?

tjones
May 13, 2005
IW and Activision certainly don't care about their game beyond milking it for more cash. It's a shame because the gunplay and movement is better than it has ever been and this game could easily go down as one of the best CODs to date, but core MP is so broken its laughable at times.

There is a laundry list of game breaking bugs in SND/HP that I encounter reguarly everytime I play. IW has been made aware of these bugs for the longest yet they have gone unchecked. That still doesn't stop them from making GBS threads out the millionith cod point camo pack or loving with the F2P WZ mode constantly. It's a bit embarassing on their part: You'd think they'd want to fix the poo poo that affects the people who paid money for the base game, or failing that at least support their franchised esport teams that were charged a cool 25 million USD each for entry to kick start their professional league.

toiletbrush posted:

this would be a decent mode but it wouldn't be rumble. for rumble just widen the circle a ton and have it move around, maybe tug-o-war style with teams pushing each other back

probably. can we get plunder back then?

What is rumble supposed to be? Giving the players objectives to work towards would go a long way in giving it a purpose. Otherwise it's TDM and TDM is always going to have a ton of mindless bots refusing to move while they hold a single angle waiting for people to aimlessly walk into their crosshairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Anybody have the numbers on the Fennec barrel with the integrated suppressor vs running the other barrel + mono suppressor? They feel about the same to me, buy you can run an extra attachment with the former.