Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Softface posted:

It's time for Cursed Baby Yoda Parents

I'm sorry, the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

personally i love the traditional values lovingly depicted on the sopranos, esp. by chris moltisanti

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The weird thing about the whole Kassandra having to make a BBY is that the metaplot evolved beyond it.
Starting with AC4 they used the corpse of Desmond to sequence DNA from his bloodline, in Origins they just took DNA from a mummy and where able to sequence that to whoever.

So Kassandra could be 100% gay as gently caress and it wouldn't matter, and it would own, because they took her blood from somewhere.
But the other side of the metaplot (The things that created humans and are like demigods) needs Kassandra to pass on her supergenes. :shepface:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Apparently there’s a character in origins who is a direct descendant so they kinda boxed themselves in.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Thread of bigot tears over the ruling today:

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/1272544694145290241

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

christmas boots posted:

Apparently there’s a character in origins who is a direct descendant so they kinda boxed themselves in.
Just include trans love interests.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

PetraCore posted:

Note I don't really know the franchise and I think it's kinda funny they boxed themselves in to gotta have biological children in a way that comes off cringey to actually implement, just pointing out that if they really wanted to it might not have to be het.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

Note I don't really know the franchise and I think it's kinda funny they boxed themselves in to gotta have biological children in a way that comes off cringey to actually implement, just pointing out that if they really wanted to it might not have to be het.

The character has a sibling who could absolutely have popped out a kid before the plot starts that the character could find and become attached to because it's his/her drat nephew. It was the easiest "boxed in" to fix on the planet. You can play either the brother or the sister (and this changes nothing, the other sibling you don't play is always the younger one), so it's not even set which sibling's the kid is!

What really happened was that the team that did the DLC (NOT the team who did the main game) had an idea they were jerking off over the emotionality of and forgot gay people exist/can't imagine why even a gay person wouldn't want to gently caress just once for a kid. They were extremely shocked that not everybody fell in love with the guy or gal whose name and face I can't remember and that maybe people who wanted to be gay or lesbian wouldn't make just one exception for the sake of popping out a kid. (also the dialog where you don't fall in love with them was basically "I fell in love with them but I am trying to make them leave for their sake", they could not IMAGINE not being attached in this romance.)

More importantly, they should have spiked that baby off the cliff in the climax, and I will stand by this. They could have the baby be fine when they find him because that's a canonical feature of Kassandra's family, an immunity to death by cliff! Woulda been way more dramatic, too!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

just kill the "is a great-great-great-great-great whatever" trope all together. Not only is it weirdly focused on fashy bloodlines and hierarchy stuff, it makes basically no sense past great-grandparents to say you're descended from someone. Most people are probably 1/256ths descendants of Nostradamus, so if that matters either a lot of people are gonna qualify OR the protagonist's family does a lot of incest.

not everyone needs to ~carry on the bloodline~ hetrosexuals. motherfuckers. family is a scam put on by the photography industry and abusive parents to keep their victims hostage. be gay do crime and never talk to your relatives unless you actually want to

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Tiresias romance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/GrandMoffJoseph/status/1272553120799825922?s=20

Make sure to click through for the second part of the quote. And join me in the Paganocracy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skwirl posted:

Make sure to click through for the second part of the quote. And join me in the Paganocracy.

yes

hell yes :twisted:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

Wrap it up, federalistailures!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Don't tempt me with a good time.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Imagine being this mad you can't explicitly fire someone for being gay.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

T-man posted:

just kill the "is a great-great-great-great-great whatever" trope all together. Not only is it weirdly focused on fashy bloodlines and hierarchy stuff, it makes basically no sense past great-grandparents to say you're descended from someone. Most people are probably 1/256ths descendants of Nostradamus, so if that matters either a lot of people are gonna qualify OR the protagonist's family does a lot of incest.

not everyone needs to ~carry on the bloodline~ hetrosexuals. motherfuckers. family is a scam put on by the photography industry and abusive parents to keep their victims hostage. be gay do crime and never talk to your relatives unless you actually want to

would have been hard to pass on the superhuman stuff without having a kid, gene therapy wasn't v good in ancient greece

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LordSaturn posted:

you don't have DMs, so I gotta hope this is valid IoSM content: what the gently caress is going on with your avatar. what forum are those screenshots from? did you set that avatar or was it bought for you?

I genuinely don't know. I'd thought it was, yet again, a site-wide replacement for the generic "stupid newbie" thing, but I guess not since no one else has it? I've literally never played or posted about Brigador and have zero idea what the screenshots are about or what forum they're from (I assumed it's somewhere here on SA?) it was just like that yesterday without any kind of notification. :shrug:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I genuinely don't know. I'd thought it was, yet again, a site-wide replacement for the generic "stupid newbie" thing, but I guess not since no one else has it? I've literally never played or posted about Brigador and have zero idea what the screenshots are about or what forum they're from (I assumed it's somewhere here on SA?) it was just like that yesterday without any kind of notification. :shrug:

ohhhh, maybe they're just using you to advertise the idea. it's not a red text, so maybe it's supposed to look like you've endorsed their anti-brigador-dev position. Like how graffiti on a subway car isn't anti-subway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Doc Hawkins posted:

ohhhh, maybe they're just using you to advertise the idea. it's not a red text, so maybe it's supposed to look like you've endorsed their anti-brigador-dev position. Like how graffiti on a subway car isn't anti-subway.

Probably, seems ineffective since my biggest beef with Brigador is that I think the name sounds dumb and I will totally judge a book by its cover.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1272549614022021127

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

T-man posted:

My vague understanding of the franchise is that weird fashy undertones to the magic bloodline alien(?????) poo poo is intentional because normal well adjusted aliens (?????) don't set that sort of thing up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Probably, seems ineffective since my biggest beef with Brigador is that I think the name sounds dumb and I will totally judge a book by its cover.
I remember seeing a reddit advertisement for it years ago and gently explaining to the dev pleading the case for his passion project that no matter how nice it looked it was stupid to expect people to pay $25 for it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I didn't know people played AC for the story after 2.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordSaturn posted:

you don't have DMs, so I gotta hope this is valid IoSM content: what the gently caress is going on with your avatar. what forum are those screenshots from? did you set that avatar or was it bought for you?
looks like they're from badgame (ycs offsite) but the forums are closed off and require admin approval for registrations so i cant confirm. theme looks similar tho

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/266723264548728832

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

T-man posted:

Yeah they should just retcon it, pissing off some pedantic nerds that nobody cares about. Or jesus, if you absolutely have to keep your dumb bloodline poo poo just have one of the characters make a blood oath with another character before they die so the genetic memory gets passed that way, it's sci fi you can make up whatever the gently caress you want.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

thatsbait.gif

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol if you believe she has had either

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Nuebot posted:

it's got us talking about it, by marketing standards it's a success as long as potential customers see it :shrug:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/1272705262806355968

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
KIRK: I can't believe I kissed you.

SHAPESHIFTER (appearing as KIRK): Must have been your lifelong ambition.

- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I have nothing to contribute to this thread at the moment. I feel compelled to post the following emote regardless.

:boom:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If the special Assassin's Creed genes were bred into even just one person even 2 to 3 thousand years ago, and then they had their own kids, then all of humanity would have sweet fighty mans powers today. :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pththya-lyi posted:

If the special Assassin's Creed genes were bred into even just one person even 2 to 3 thousand years ago, and then they had their own kids, then all of humanity would have sweet fighty mans powers today. :colbert:

That's not true. I come from a very long line of incels. My parents were incels, their parents were. This goes back further than records do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Are they advocating for the entire christian population of the US to go heaven's gate???

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Are they advocating for the entire christian population of the US to go heaven's gate???

no, the raelians had a religion of peace, the violence at the root of christianity gives rise to dangerous ideologies of "struggle" with unjust governments

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Volcott posted:

Imagine being this mad you can't explicitly fire someone for being gay.

Yeah it’s insane how many meltdowns they’re having because people will have to use any of a thousand other bullshit legal reasons to fire someone due to our terrible labor laws. No matter how much power these people have it always comes down to the culture war, so just losing one form of overt cruelty is a huge affront to their way of life.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MNFreedomFund/status/1272726417650995202

This is probably, maybe, slightly not okay. Just a feeling.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...19eed1475aecab3

Just got blocked by a Singaporean man on twitter responding to this, so no screenshots.

Him: If you don't want white people on TV it must be because you hate white people.

Me: TV broadcasting was created by white people, with white panelists discussing non white issues. A diverse panel meant non white groups got to speak about issues from their perspective.

Him: White people should get to choose what gets discussed on their invention.

Me: How would you feel if a group of (for example) all Italian panelists hosted a show about Singaporean issues.

Him: I'd be fine with it because I don't hate Italians. Singapore is not an ethnic identity and 40% of people are non citizens.

Me: What if they said things like 'These Singaporeans are lazy, entitled savages who need to be more grateful for what we have given them'. Hopefully you would want to counter argue as part of a diverse panel?

Him: *this person has limited who can view their tweets*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

no, the raelians had a religion of peace, the violence at the root of christianity gives rise to dangerous ideologies of "struggle" with unjust governments

It's true, if that cult hadn't toppled the Empire darkness would never have fallen.