Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

God damnit. I bet my IRS check was mailed to my former address.

That's some bad luck. I've been on ach refunds for a while, god bless turbotax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Hot take: I wish people actually did the stay at home and mask wearing stuff so the gosh dang virus would get under control.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

jpeg

good_mother69

I'm in Midwest and like nobody wears masks and looks at me like I'm the weirdo wearing a mask in public like :whatfor:

sig by the great nut

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

jpeg posted:

I'm in Midwest and like nobody wears masks and looks at me like I'm the weirdo wearing a mask in public like :whatfor:

yell "wearing a mask is cool now like in Asia" :nyd:

after that drop some of ur fave anime quotes/impressions on em. u earned it

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

vanisher

I have a mask and wear it, I also don't rub my face all over random strangers. Both equally strange and foreign to some.

FluffieDuckie

I’ve purchased many beautiful masks in designer colors so I know the haters just don’t “get” fashion

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckie posted:

I’ve purchased many beautiful masks in designer colors so I know the haters just don’t “get” fashion

Mask of Many Colors

Escape From Noise

I hate wearing a mask in the hell hot summer of Osaka but we're all doing it! Mostly. The number of new cases are probably being somewhat suppressed but even then it seems to be pretty low.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

jpeg posted:

I'll be the first to say it: F this virus

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Stoner Sloth

jpeg posted:

:hai:

hope you are all well and staying safe and :glomp:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

When you have cats, at least one cat hair finds its way inside your mask and tickles your face at all times.

vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

When you have cats, at least one cat hair finds its way inside your mask and tickles your face at all times.

This but long haired dogs as well

Goons Are Gifts

Also, beards

google THIS

My state's medical director, a literal life-saving hero, has been made a scapegoat for anyone who lost a dollar over this mess and bullied into resigning :confuoot:

alnilam

The ire from some people towards pic health officials and even sometimes healthcare workers who are risking their health, is really awful and extremely unbyob if i may say so

ty manifisto

google THIS

Even the governor was like "Guys, if you're going to be mad at someone be mad at me, I'm the one who implemented her recommendations and actually did stuff" but they were too wily to let him fascistically impinge on their right to be mad at whoever they want

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

google THIS posted:

My state's medical director, a literal life-saving hero, has been made a scapegoat for anyone who lost a dollar over this mess and bullied into resigning :confuoot:

google THIS posted:

Even the governor was like "Guys, if you're going to be mad at someone be mad at me, I'm the one who implemented her recommendations and actually did stuff" but they were too wily to let him fascistically impinge on their right to be mad at whoever they want

alnilam posted:

The ire from some people towards pic health officials and even sometimes healthcare workers who are risking their health, is really awful and extremely unbyob if i may say so

I wish nothing but the absolute worst for those people who, when the chips are down and people really need help and are suffering, decide to do the exact opposite and make the suffering worse for the downtrodden. If you weren't born with a sense of compassion, and there are people who actually DO fall into that category- then I feel sorry for you.

But most of these people know they're contributing to the suffering, and they do it simply because it's mean- and I hope the comeuppance starts with them when it's time for justice to be served.

FluffieDuckie

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I wish nothing but the absolute worst for those people who, when the chips are down and people really need help and are suffering, decide to do the exact opposite and make the suffering worse for the downtrodden. If you weren't born with a sense of compassion, and there are people who actually DO fall into that category- then I feel sorry for you.

But most of these people know they're contributing to the suffering, and they do it simply because it's mean- and I hope the comeuppance starts with them when it's time for justice to be served.

Yes I also have been disappointed on many levels.

Like you’d like to think that if the human race was facing extinction we’d band together to try to save ourselves, but it’s getting harder to believe that.

cda

by Hand Knit

jpeg posted:

I'm glad you said it first. Now when I say it people will be prepared.

cda

by Hand Knit

FluffieDuckie posted:

Yes I also have been disappointed on many levels.

Like you’d like to think that if the human race was facing extinction we’d band together to try to save ourselves, but it’s getting harder to believe that.

I mean, to be fair, I can't even keep my kitchen clean, so as for banding together to save the human race from extinction, that kind of seems like a stretch, but I'm highly supportive of other people doing it as long as they don't make more loving dishes

FluffieDuckie

cda posted:

I mean, to be fair, I can't even keep my kitchen clean, so as for banding together to save the human race from extinction, that kind of seems like a stretch, but I'm highly supportive of other people doing it as long as they don't make more loving dishes

Well at least stay out of the way and don’t throw rocks is all I’m saying

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I feel like sociopathic tendencies are far more widespread than people realize

owlhawk911

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I feel like sociopathic tendencies are far more widespread than people realize

i feel like our empathy is conditioned out of us by a sick sick system predicated on the worship of wealth

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

owlhawk911 posted:

i feel like our empathy is conditioned out of us by a sick sick system predicated on the worship of wealth

jpeg

good_mother69

owlhawk911 posted:

capitalism: motherfucker im ill, not sick. and im ok but my watch sick. yeah my drop sick. yeah my glock sick and my knot thick. im it.

everybody else: healthcare pls :negative:

sig by the great nut

Shifty Nipples

owlhawk911 posted:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Goons Are Gifts

*clears throat*

Let's focus on the stay safe part here. :wave:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

*clears throat*

Let's focus on the stay safe part here. :wave:

Respectfully, I'm not going to post anymore when my safety is being teargassed out of me.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

owlhawk911 posted:

Escape From Noise

Cops are a bunch of cops

alnilam

This thread has been a useful place for people to share their own experiences with loneliness, health scares, dealing with lockdown, throwing in the occasional mild joke here and there to lighten things up a bit, chatting about the surreal nature of it all, etc. I like having a zone for that.

Please be more careful about politic chat itt. An open invitation to post about pandemic related stuff is not an open invitation to post about politics. I know that politics are (stupidly) involved in the pandemic, but there are many, many, many pandemic related things to talk about that are not the politics part of it - see for example the first sentence of this post. I arguably walked kind of close to the edge myself and I'm sorry for that, I was more talking about people being dicks, but the people being dicks are pretty closely tied to politics as well. Ultimately the politics chat rule is a subjective call and if someone else had posted what I did I would have let it slide, but as the mod I probably shouldn't be pushing the envelope.

There are other politics issues that are coming up that are not even related to the pandemic at all and instead are issues that have been ongoing for, well, centuries, and are off topic for this thread, so please odn't

ty manifisto

alnilam

As always there are other places to talk about politics, including D&D, CSPAM, other websites, and even real life :wth: and I strongly encourage everyone to be active in political things in general. BYOB is just not where we do it. It's a chill purple forum of roughly 15 people at any given time making funy jokes; disallowing politics is not in any way taking away anyone's voice.

ty manifisto

jpeg

good_mother69

yo I'm just waiting for a gosh dang antibody test. i literally know 0 people that have gotten a coveted test.

sig by the great nut

Goons Are Gifts

I'm going to go with the analogy of the BYOB title here as an addendum to al's post: We want to be an island of chill in a sea of madness. I am quite sure it was fluffie who made that title, too!

I feel like this is what we are trying to accomplish here, being that island and not getting drowned in the sea. This thread exists, because sometimes stuff is so annoying and bad, like the virus, that it even invades us on said island. Now, it is understandable to take the binoculars and check out what the hell is happening there and it is good and healthy to do so - stay informed, stay political, understand what's going on. You can venture out and post about this at any time and as much you want - we have one big serious and one big less serious political forum on SA, plus several smaller ones for specific things. Go post there, get gang tags from them, pledge your allegiance to anyone and anything you wish, we will not judge you for it here!

We do, however, want to stay on this island, even as much as the wind wants us to go out sailing. No matter on what side of the fence you want to be, no matter your political opinions, BYOB is a neutral place to post about pets and food and jokes and open to anyone. We cannot stay like that if we allow anything from the sea to invade us.
This is not us silencing political opinions, pushing for some agenda, trying to prove a point or enforcing peace in a war zone or us questioning your safety, this is about us trying to keep BYOB as we know and love it. A chill place for chill people regardless of what terrible things happen outside.

If you have thoughts or feeling on this or anything else and you want to discuss it with al or me, feel free to pm us! We are entirely open to talk.

Goons Are Gifts

jpeg posted:

yo I'm just waiting for a gosh dang antibody test. i literally know 0 people that have gotten a coveted test.

I was tested for that, actually! It does happen, but I heard scientifically speaking the tests are not super accurate? Also we are not sure if antibodies really mean we are entirely safe, as we do not yet know exactly how the virus works. It's scary stuff.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Have a nice life.

biosterous

imo mods are taking the wrong tack here. there's some Seriously Big Stuff happening right now, and when i need to talk i want to be able to talk about it with my friends. reminding us the D&D and C-SPAM exist is all well and good, but i don't know the posters there. i don't know how to fit in the culture, i don't know how they'll respond, i don't have several months of getting to know these people.

i feel like being told "you cannot talk about this with your friends here, you cannot discuss these unsafe happenings in a community where you already feel safe and comfortable" is kinda crappy. especially since there are posters here who are in Literal Danger with what's going on -- i am, for now, not in danger, but if i was the people i would want to debrief/decompress with are a) my spouse, b) my brother, and c) you folks. i like you. i trust you. i don't want that avenue of recovery cut off from me.

i'll abide by the rules, but i don't think that the rules are correct in this case.

i think we should be able to have a lil lake of madness on our island of chill, i don't think that would ruin anything. especially since this is already an opt-in thread, designed to contain things.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

owlhawk911

Kief Richards posted:

Have a nice life.

pouring one out for s-tier poster hamjobs aka Kief Richards. you will be missed. mods :argh:

where's the line anyways? flaws in the system seemed ok, was calling the system itself a problem the line? i really like :justpost:ing with a crew i trust but if there's limits on that it'd be good to know what they were

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i get that byob is primarily a place for jokes, but a lot of people are unsafe right now and it just seems a little weird that we cant talk about that with our friends. one of the big things that has always drawn me to the yob is that its a safe and inclusive community, so i think we should be allowed to safely support each other.

i don't have the energy to argue about this, or to articulate myself much further than that, but thank you for reading my thoughts and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Being told "no politics at all period end of story" does not a chill place make and when it's said AT THIS POINT IN HISTORY makes it especially disappointing.
"Sorry, French Resistance, we "acknowledge" your pain but we just don't want your icky "political" talk about nazis poluting OUR clubhouse."