Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
The dragons have scored a try.

Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ben Hunt gets a reprieve for being the worst defender in the nrl

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Another stunning challenge that surely wont bite them in the arse later.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
loving hell, the Chooks have already passed the start at better than a point a minute.

This could be Wests 1999.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently the mercy rule was invoked at half time

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I gave up. The salary sombrero was too much to overcome for the Bulldogs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The c on tedesco did wonders for my super coach team.

My tipping this week... ooof. That's what I get for believing in the knights and para I guess.

Staggs pulled a hammy in training this week. Grade 2 apparently out 4 to 6 weeks. Broncos are going to miss his impact on the edge.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Staggs pulled a hammy in training this week. Grade 2 apparently out 4 to 6 weeks. Broncos are going to miss his impact on the edge.

Yep, with Staggs joining Athars, Bird, and Kahu on the injured backs list I'm not sure who they're going to use this week. Coates is dire in defence and would likely get torn apart at centre. They'll likely keep him on the wing and chuck in either Kennar or Niu. It's going to be grim no matter who they put where. Apparently Paix broke his hand in the Roosters flogging too. At this point I'm expecting the team bus to crash on the way to the game and we'll have to field a team of ball boys and coaching staff.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

Yep, with Staggs joining Athars, Bird, and Kahu on the injured backs list I'm not sure who they're going to use this week. Coates is dire in defence and would likely get torn apart at centre. They'll likely keep him on the wing and chuck in either Kennar or Niu. It's going to be grim no matter who they put where. Apparently Paix broke his hand in the Roosters flogging too. At this point I'm expecting the team bus to crash on the way to the game and we'll have to field a team of ball boys and coaching staff.

No surprise they brought in Luke then. Coates will keep his wing spot, tesi niu might get a start at centre but I think given he's 18 they'll put a forward there instead maybe Alex Glenn or poo poo even t'eo though they might rotate both in and out and shuffle around with Oates, boyd and herbie depending on who they want where to cover holes.

Tpj is back this week which should give some punch upfront which they'll need but the edge defense is going to be porous.

Ponga and pearce will be licking their chops this week though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

No surprise they brought in Luke then. Coates will keep his wing spot, tesi niu might get a start at centre but I think given he's 18 they'll put a forward there instead maybe Alex Glenn or poo poo even t'eo though they might rotate both in and out and shuffle around with Oates, boyd and herbie depending on who they want where to cover holes.

Tpj is back this week which should give some punch upfront which they'll need but the edge defense is going to be porous.

Ponga and pearce will be licking their chops this week though.

I could see that, but Lexy plays on the left and is just back from his bad gash, I read he's likely starting off the bench. Hopefully they find some way to plug it up properly I'm not a fan of shunting the backline around during a game. I guess we'll see this arvo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Round 5 Tipping Results

Not much movement in the top 4 but under that everyone has moved a bit

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

I could see that, but Lexy plays on the left and is just back from his bad gash, I read he's likely starting off the bench. Hopefully they find some way to plug it up properly I'm not a fan of shunting the backline around during a game. I guess we'll see this arvo.

Looks like they did the easy thing.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Looks like they did the easy thing.

Not a huge surprise. I've been too busy but it would be interesting to see how keen Oates was to go back to the wing. Interesting they've named Paix too, I was under the impression he's busted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Pong has resigned until the end of 2024

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/players-can-terminate-contracts-after-nrl-bans-top-agent-isaac-moses-20200616-p55388.html

So this guy is/was Cameron Smith's agent too, and copped a six month ban after their cap rorting came to light. Hmmm.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Dickhead has hosed over the Tigers for years via his clients so I'm not going to cry too much for him

ili
Jul 26, 2003

He's hosed us a fair few times too, half of our roster was on his books plus the bloody coach. Everyone connected with that Storm fraud should have been given a life ban from the NRL.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Part of me suspects that he is being used as the fall guy. One of the big issues with the Storm rort was that there were two different sets of contracts with two different sets of numbers- one was cap compliant, and the other had the real numbers. The players involved would have signed both. I don't expect the players to have read every clause of their contracts, but the one thing that they would have checked was the dollars. So if a player knowingly signed two different sets of contracts, they are directly involved in cheating the cap. Moses getting kicked out suggests that he has in some way mislead his clients. That level of fuckery (messing with contracts signed by others or lying to players about what they are signing) borders on being a criminal act. Something is not adding up here for me.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

ili posted:

Everyone connected with that Storm fraud should have been given a life ban from the NRL.

Yes. And the Storm should have been kicked out of the comp.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

9th

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Part of me suspects that he is being used as the fall guy. One of the big issues with the Storm rort was that there were two different sets of contracts with two different sets of numbers- one was cap compliant, and the other had the real numbers. The players involved would have signed both. I don't expect the players to have read every clause of their contracts, but the one thing that they would have checked was the dollars. So if a player knowingly signed two different sets of contracts, they are directly involved in cheating the cap. Moses getting kicked out suggests that he has in some way mislead his clients. That level of fuckery (messing with contracts signed by others or lying to players about what they are signing) borders on being a criminal act. Something is not adding up here for me.

I'm not really shocked if VlD is using this as a time to clear house of any skeletons that might be problematic, it's definitely in his wheelhouse

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

Reminder that Cameron Smith was managing his own contracts at the time so doesn't even have the flimsy deniability of 'my agent said it was fine' to hide behind.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol Graham wants out of the Dragons

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Lol Graham wants out of the Dragons

Mutually beneficial at this point I'd say.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I see that we're ignoring shoulder charges now

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Absolute dogshit penalty there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah I don't like Brisbane at all but that's a bullshit sin bin. Ponga was still sitting down when he placed the ball, he has no right to play the ball and should have been penalised for an illegal ptb. It definitely wasn't a sin bin for the defender, at least.

Although gently caress Brisbane, I guess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They should have challenged it if they thought it was wrong, get over it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo pass

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

They should have challenged it if they thought it was wrong, get over it

Probably would have been told they couldn't challenge it, like we were last week

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

bowmore posted:

poo poo pass

Good try

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not dropping the ball would be good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the refs are loving the 6 more

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I hope that doesn't prove to be a Sandow moment.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

MiniSune posted:

I hope that doesn't prove to be a Sandow moment.

Phew.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I dunno about you blokes but I'm positively frothing this season. Can't get dusted in the finals if you take the spoon instead.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Warriors being very efficient in mashing the self-destruct button

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Warriors being very efficient in mashing the self-destruct button

That's basically every other game for us.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Refs totally miss the penalty (or possibly penalty try) for the warriors while reviewing it, then tell the warriors they've missed the window for a challenge. Classic NRL refereeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Refs totally miss the penalty (or possibly penalty try) for the warriors while reviewing it, then tell the warriors they've missed the window for a challenge. Classic NRL refereeing.

That was loving annoying. Fusitua is one of the best finishers in the game, if he doesn't get smacked in the back of the head he scores 99% of the time.