Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What is the right choice?

Either radiation therapy or operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It can be a hard decision for some guys because the prostate is kind of important in the male reproductive system.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Had my first ever visual hallucination last night. Not even a particularly scary one but it worries me for what it means about my mental state as a whole.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

madeintaipei posted:

The ball is still rolling on cancer treatment.

Hope everything works out well for him. That's got to be rough news.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Nowhere near as bad as most of the things posted here. But I just smashed a full glass of a nice mint and gin cocktail. A glass that my dad engraved with the Tree of Gondor the day after I got my Tree of Gondor tattoo, a glass I've used every day for over a year. I see my dad maybe twice a year, having that lovely reminder of him every time I drank something was special. It was one of a kind and now it's gone.

I also cut my finger when it broke.

(he's gonna make me a new one)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Have him make two so you can have a ready made replacement when you smash the new one too

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I'm pretty bummed out that I can't see my baby niece. My sister lives within 15 miles I have only seen them once since January. Since I work around people, it's too risky for me to be around a baby. I'm sad :(

like, look at these loving cheekies

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
uuuugh i mean im glad i have a job so i can, like, live, but i hate working tbqh i just don't like to work i am lazy and i want to do things that i enjoy, or at least just loving sleep. i would rather sleep than work

also i'm fuckin 37 and out of shape despite having strong muscles so doing 8 hour days on my feet hauling boxes around feels like it's not a problem but yeah, no, it is a problem and i am exhausted and need to learn to do better stretches

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

InediblePenguin posted:

, or at least just loving sleep. i would rather sleep than work

That was the worst at my old job. I would have to be up at 5 so I was always trying to conk out by 9 but that’s not exactly easy. Also going to bed at 9 six days a week is loving depressing.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That was the worst at my old job. I would have to be up at 5 so I was always trying to conk out by 9 but that’s not exactly easy. Also going to bed at 9 six days a week is loving depressing.

yes exactly this!

especially since i have whatsitcalled the timeshifted circadian rhythm thing where if i'm left to my own devices i perfectly happily go to bed at 5 am and wake up at noon

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

last night i went to bed at 10 and managed to get all of four and a half hours of sleep before it was time to wake up for my 7-4 shift! what a great and useful thing for my stupid body to do!

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
My dad is doing not well (incurable cancer) and had a bunch of new red flag surprise symptoms pop up and he won't go to the doctor out of fear. Scolding him makes him feel bad but doesn't result him him going to the doctor. It's not like if he goes in he won't die in pain, am I the selfish one? Not much I can do, but I love him and will miss him. I'm also afraid, even after a year and a half of knowing what's coming.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I had to watch the first 10 minutes of jay and silent bob reboot

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

oldpainless posted:

I had to watch the first 10 minutes of jay and silent bob reboot

first 10 minutes: "had to"

second 90 minutes: "chose to"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
big ol' chunks of my rear molar have been coming out the last few minutes. Something felt off a few days ago, guess that was the filling just deciding it wasn't gonna hang around anymore. if I can ever afford it I want to get a full set of implants instead of the brittle nightmare teeth I was born with. doesn't help that I grind my teeth like crazy when I sleep, I churn through mouthguards every few months, they just disintegrate under the force of my jaw. only bright side is it doesn't hurt since it was root canaled ages ago.

:nws::nms: for those who don't like damaged teeth

before
after

it held up for like 11 years so I got some good mileage out of it, but still, I loving hate my teeth, didn't matter if I brushed/flossed every day, still got cavities in almost everything thanks to my hosed up teeth having porous enamel or some poo poo

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Unless there's some unheard-of benign tumor that spreads to other organs, my mom has Stage IV pancreatic cancer. Yes, that is a mix of denial and hope that I'm expressing.
She made it three years, that was a pretty good run. She went peacefully in her sleep this afternoon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GWBBQ posted:

She made it three years, that was a pretty good run. She went peacefully in her sleep this afternoon.

:(

I'm so sorry.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I found out that 8 weeks ago I filled out the wrong unemployment papers this morning and I need to reapply with special Covid paperwork for my unemployment. Every attempt to call has been a busy signall, im like up to 500 calls this week. Attempts to find out if i filled out the wrong paperwork before was met with "If you applied under the old system, dont applly again under the new, we willl sort things out." im going to be 3400 behind in rent on the first @_@ good thing is eviction takes 60 days and by end of july my lease is up and ill be homeless anyway.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

GWBBQ posted:

oh man i’m sorry :sympathy:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I'll be 41 this year. As of yesterday afternoon, I've been diagnosed with IgA nephropathy, an autoimmune disorder that attacks the kidneys. My kidney function fell over the last year to about 10% and might possibly recover to about 40%, but as of today I have a future of thrice-weekly dialysis, heavy medication, and a possible transplant - which, unless the IgA nephropathy is controlled, will just kill that kidney too. My mortality has never been more apparent to me, and I'm having a lot of trouble coming to terms with it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
poo poo my problem seems like nothing now.

A few days ago I found two tiny bites, like insect bites, next to each other on my upper leg. Okay whatever. I have a kitten so it's possible her claws got me. Then I find two more on my thigh. Literally looks like I poked myself about a half inch to an inch apart with a toothpick. I panic and think bedbugs, so I tear apart my bed, wash everything twice, and I don't see any of the signs posted online, like bug shells or poo poo or bloodstains. I put everything back, after throwing a ton of diatom earth in between the mattress and box spring, and am calm.

Until today when I find two small welts, like mosquito bites, on my shoulder. I can't remember if the other bites started like this or not. I still can't find any trace of bedbugs but after dealing with termites last year, I am going crazy searching nonstop with the flashlight on my bed and the curtains and finding not a loving thing other than carpet beetles.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bedbugs generally do at least two bites in a line, usually more like 3-5. if you start seeing that, it's very likely bedbugs. to really check for bedbugs in your bed, go to the edges of your mattress and uncurl the sewn up edges of it to see if they've set up shop in the nooks there. they can fit literally anywhere, even between the pane of glass and frame of a picture frame, so you want to look everywhere. if it is bedbugs, diatomaceous earth is a good start, I would recommend getting a handheld steamer that produces a consistent 140+ degree steam because it will cook bedbugs, who if directly exposed will die basically instantly(even doing a "flip on their back and legs curl up" thing) but you'll have to do this quite a lot on a daily basis for weeks if you've got a decent sized infestation, which it's very easy to get without even knowing. I had to deal with indian bedbugs that hitched a ride on some stuff from india once and it was a total nightmare, but after about a month of consistent cleaning, vacuuming(with diatomaceous earth in the vacuum bag too to kill any I sucked up), and steaming, I finally had purged them from my house.

as for my day being lovely, I've been on medical leave for a few months and will be returning to work this coming week. I messaged a friend of mine there and found out that it's gotten incredibly worse for basically every worker, including but not limited to being forced to work through lunch breaks every single day, which is gonna drive me loving nutty since I need that time to rest up a little before the second shift. and apparently the volume of work is on par with christmas season, likely due to the amount of people staying home and ordering poo poo instead of going out and buying it directly from stores. great.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

bedbugs generally do at least two bites in a line, usually more like 3-5. if you start seeing that, it's very likely bedbugs. to really check for bedbugs in your bed, go to the edges of your mattress and uncurl the sewn up edges of it to see if they've set up shop in the nooks there. they can fit literally anywhere, even between the pane of glass and frame of a picture frame, so you want to look everywhere. if it is bedbugs, diatomaceous earth is a good start, I would recommend getting a handheld steamer that produces a consistent 140+ degree steam because it will cook bedbugs, who if directly exposed will die basically instantly(even doing a "flip on their back and legs curl up" thing) but you'll have to do this quite a lot on a daily basis for weeks if you've got a decent sized infestation, which it's very easy to get without even knowing. I had to deal with indian bedbugs that hitched a ride on some stuff from india once and it was a total nightmare, but after about a month of consistent cleaning, vacuuming(with diatomaceous earth in the vacuum bag too to kill any I sucked up), and steaming, I finally had purged them from my house.

as for my day being lovely, I've been on medical leave for a few months and will be returning to work this coming week. I messaged a friend of mine there and found out that it's gotten incredibly worse for basically every worker, including but not limited to being forced to work through lunch breaks every single day, which is gonna drive me loving nutty since I need that time to rest up a little before the second shift. and apparently the volume of work is on par with christmas season, likely due to the amount of people staying home and ordering poo poo instead of going out and buying it directly from stores. great.

My mattress doesn't have that little lip. I went through it again last night, and saw nothing. But the paranoia is there. Doesn't help that they can go for a year without a loving meal, and with all my animals, I get nicks and scratches constantly.

Did you ever see your little bastards? How were your bite marks?

Also poo poo thing: corona virus upticking again because old people refuse to wear masks at all here, and they're blaming all the protesters instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh yes, nothing quite like sitting at the computer and noticing a tiny dark dot(because it had already sucked blood) moving down my arm. they explicitly use a sedative that prevents you from noticing the bite until they've long hosed off, which is why they're so drat sneaky and get away before you know they've bitten you. some people are allergic to this sedative, which is doubly bad.

don't just check your bed, they will generally set up shop relatively nearby. they can be incredibly tiny, like head-of-a-pin tiny sometimes, so you have to be aware of what the signifiers for a bedbug nest are. one of the most common signs is clusters of tiny black dots, their poop, in nooks and crannies of furniture or other locations humans and pets spend a lot of time at.

here is a guide to early detection, makes my skin crawl just looking at the nest sites, these fucks will seriously traumatize you over time. I would often wake up with my arms and legs itching from being bitten in the night. literally the only good thing about the little bastards is they don't carry diseases. everything else, from the way they bite to the way they reproduce(they're the poster bug for the term "traumatic insemination" for a reason), is just the worst.

if you wind up not having them, thank your lucky goddamn stars. you could also set up some glue traps of some sort to see if you can catch whatever IS nibbling on you. they tend not to work for bedbugs most of the time but hey, you might get lucky and catch one of whatever it is.

and if it's not bedbugs, you probably have fleas. they're intensely annoying as well, my dog brought them home from the vet one time and it took quite a while to eradicate them(and then a squirrel in the attic brought some with it that way too), but MUCH MUCH EASIER to deal with than bedbugs

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Jun 13, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm renting a room to a friend that's really down on his luck.

Great guy, trying really hard to scrape his life together.
He got some pet fish from a friend and a mere week later the aquarium fails and dumps water across his room and into the basement... which is also my room.

A Good Time
Dec 20, 2015

I was just on the phone with my mum and she was all "Oh hey some good news! Got £hundreds back from HMRC"

And I was all "Oh, nice!"

And she was all "Yeah I only had 24 hours to claim it but I filled in the form in time"

:siren::redflag::siren::redflag::siren::redflag::siren::redflag::siren::redflag::siren::redflag::siren:

Thankfully she's comfy enough that not getting £hundreds isn't a problem (and her poo poo hasn't been raided yet, as far as we know), but she's gutted that she fell for it :smith: I'm worried it will tank her confidence.

A Good Time has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Jun 15, 2020

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

We said goodbye to our elderly dog today. Spent a half-hour at the Humane Society letting him walk around and say hi to the other dogs on their walks before they were ready to bring him in. At least he's not in pain anymore. :smith:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not really my bad day, but my buddy's wife just left him. He's currently in rehab because he passed out huffing Glade while driving. I hope they keep him in there for a really long time because once he gets out it's going to be a loving mess.

I honestly don't know who to call since he's managed to alienate everyone in his life over the last few years and I just don't have the time to babysit a 39 year old drug addict at the moment. He's basically one of the last two of my old friends that have refused to change how we used to live fifteen years ago and it's just so draining to watch all the same poo poo play out over and over again.

It's like watching a really slow inept suicide over the course of years.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
to tack on to this as a 38 year old drug addict

i miss speed so loving much.

the last good day i had where I had any positive emotions was the last day I actually got high was the day i overdosed hard enough to gently caress up my hand and it's still loving half numb

not a single good day since february 21-23

even disregarding the loving pandemic and race riots and just everything 2020 has to offer everyone in general, everything since then has just felt like garbage

it hasn't all been garbage. i loving quit doing speed goddamnit that has to be worth goddamn something

i am helping get us moved out of our old apartment into an actually better situation, i have a stable job that remained stable during the worst parts of all this and have even managed to divert myself with a few video games here or there. that's the closest i've come to actually feeling good. it's not good, it's not a feeling anyone would call good, it's just something you could reasonably classify as a diversion.

because goddamn nothing is good. there aren't the chemicals there for anything to be good, and there won't be the chemicals for there to be anything good. the only thing i've done well is keep a useless job and drive my friends away, but I suppose the collateral damage is smaller than Solice's up above.

i don't even think anybody had a real idea what was up. one of the only compliments i will ever give myself is that i am an extraordinary liar and deeply convincing when i want to be. it's so easy to lie about a speed habit when you're fat. people act concerned if you stay up from friday morning to sunday evening if they see you through all of it, but as long as you aren't visible and have a good story like 'oh i was just playing video games for 15 hours' and it helps if you were actually playing video games for 15 hours, lol

drug weekends weren't even good days, they were just good enough to pass muster, to be something i could call good days with a straight face, and getting rid of them doesn't actually help anything. it's eliminating a negative, and does gently caress all and means gently caress all if you can't actually work towards doing anything with it. there's no goddamn use to fixing 'nothing can be better' if all you're going to do is leave it at 'nothing will be better' like a car on the side of the road with a busted tire. you're not driving on it, at least.

today's a lovely day because i wrote all this out and know i could go get wrecked out of my mind, probably lose my hand and job, and not even get a good day out of it anymore. i sure as gently caress wouldn't be able to tell anybody in person that the useless fat scary rear end in a top hat they're talking to is also a miserable junkie, it's just too easy to be scary and not talk to people, and that's the trap i'm going to keep stepping in until I don't, lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you ever need to talk you can PM me. I've been there too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m in the process of shopping for my 3rd car since 9/18 and I loving hate car shopping. It stresses me out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
woof, first day back to my very physically laborious job after 3 months of medical leave. my body is basically on fire right now from all my muscle aches and soreness. really hoping my body re-acclimatizes to it within a week or two.

we've basically been doing peak season volume(thanksgiving/christmas season) the last few months apparently, and at the same time a sizeable portion of the workforce apparently isn't showing up every day due to covid and such. lots of people walking around maskless too, though a good number of people with masks. 30 confirmed cases in the building since april, and they "haven't gone up since then", which is either insane luck considering the number of people who go in and out of the building on a daily basis, or more likely, corporate lying out their rear end to make the numbers look good.

and apparently shifts are going often an hour longer than normal, it's routine for the midnight shift to go so long that the following shift cuts the power to the midnight shift conveyor belts so they can use them, regardless of if we're done or not. but that also means that the midnight shift goes for over five hours by itself. I don't need the extra hours, I don't WANT the extra hours, but they're pushing start times back earlier and earlier while finishing later and later. I'm really, really tempted to become one of those "eight hours and I'm out" people who often get put on the poo poo list but gently caress it, I don't care. Especially if they're going to be forcing people to work their lunches on top of the extended hours.

edit: oh and I backed into a spot in the parking lot and the car parked behind me had a big ol "OATHKEEPERS" and a giant flaming Q in the dead center of the rear window, so, you know, wonderful knowing there's tinfoil hat nazis just flaunting their insanity at my workplace now

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 11:18 on Jun 18, 2020

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
Work in a factory in AZ with 30 year old swamp coolers. Came home from work filthy and wanting a cold shower but could not bathe because the tub was filled with sewage and could not sit on the toilet with a book either because it was likewise filled with sewage.

Went out back and found that one of the neighbors in my 4 plex had already gotten the property manager to call out a plumbing crew. As usual, there was also a river of sewage running down the side yard and into the gutter. Waited for the crew to finish and then cleaned 6 other people's and my own poo poo out of my tub and bleached it. Cleaned my toilet too and enjoyed a nice reading session. Got my shower around 1900. Can't wait for it to happen again in 3 months.

This is not the greatest building and I hate living here a lot. :)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My cochlear implant is acting weird. I can't specify *how* because it has never done this particular strangeness before and I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Sometimes things just sound... wrong. Like if you have a set of speakers with bass/pitch knobs and just crank them in a random direction. It still works, but it's a hassle resetting it and making an appointment to see the audiologist is a pain in the rear end at the best of times, it's going to be loving aggravating with covid and everything else going on.

This is like the single worst possible time for it to start breaking :( I'm hoping cleaning/replacing the microphone covers fixes it because this could be a real issue.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Me and my buddy were sitting around drinking and playing video games last night when I got several frantic calls from different people telling me that one of my other friends was trying to commit suicide. I had to convince an Uber driver to drive us around so we could try to find him and when we finally did there was a fire engine and a couple cops around him. Once he saw me he calmed down and got off the barrier he was standing on (I think he was threatening to jump off the overpass onto the expressway). I convinced them to let me take him back to my place (another loving nightmare trying to corral him into another Uber) where we calmed him down and he passed out.

I just woke up and both my buddies were gone, so I'm hoping it was just a drunken meltdown and not something more serious. He's not answering my texts, but I think he's OK now.

Phew, wasn't expecting something like this from him, but it's strange times for us all. I kinda wish poo poo like this would die down (heh) now that we're all almost 40, but I know that's not how life works. Just gets mentally draining sometimes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mom fell and sliced her eyeball open when she woke up. Great.

It looks like a relatively minor gash but it's directly across the middle and it's from her bracing for the fall and her head hitting her hand and her fingernail stabbing into her eyeball. Can't take her to the hospital because she has to isolate so I'm just hoping it heals on its own. I had my cornea almost entirely sliced off for surgery one time and it grew back within like a week, so I'm hoping she'll recover similarly

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Invictus posted:

Mom fell and sliced her eyeball open when she woke up. Great.

It looks like a relatively minor gash but it's directly across the middle and it's from her bracing for the fall and her head hitting her hand and her fingernail stabbing into her eyeball. Can't take her to the hospital because she has to isolate so I'm just hoping it heals on its own. I had my cornea almost entirely sliced off for surgery one time and it grew back within like a week, so I'm hoping she'll recover similarly

That sounds 100 percent like something that needs to go to the hospital. A lot of them have setups for contact isolation in the ERs still. Eye injuries are one of those things that can go from minor treatment to requiring major surgery or permanent disability if you don’t get them taken care of ASAP.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We've got an appointment tomorrow morning with her eye doctor. It looks a lot better than it did when I made that post, so I think it was just irritated and she didn't actually do too much damage to her eyeball itself since she can see fine still, albeit painfully. The part that I thought was a deep gash I think looking at it again right now is actually just some sort of pattern in her eyeball already, I had her sit and hold her eyelids open and shone a light in there, and the eyeball doesn't actually seem to be impaled or anything. So we're going to get her some antibiotics and medicated eyedrops first thing in the morning and see how it goes unless things get much worse tonight, but it's been getting slowly better and less painful since this morning, so I'm hopeful.

Edit: took her to an urgent care place nearby, they put some kind of eyedrops in her eye that I guess turns colors when it finds scratches or something. She did scratch her cornea, but not super deep, they gave her some antibiotics and numbing eyedrops and said she should be fine in about a week which is great. A lot better than feared.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Jun 21, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
edit: Your urgent care is seeing people without covid stuff? Mine has a line about 200 people long every morning for covid testing. I don't know if they even take any other patients right now.

Got our old TV out of the house and put up the new smart TV. It is like pulling teeth to get my mom to upgrade anything in the house; the old DVD player had a VCR with it. Very slowly over covid I have been able to cut down on totes of her hoarding. But it's not easy with her at home.

But while doing this all, I was hit by the sudden memory ache of an old friend. I haven't spoken to her in a decade or so, and before that we had a nasty fight, didn't speak for three years, and then she swooped back into my life for about a year or so. She was my best friend for ages, we had a horrible falling out, and when she came back, I was so happy I didn't care she was clearly using me. She wanted a self esteem boost, and I gave it. I did everything I could to make her stay around, even shoved away my other friends so I could do whatever she wanted. And then after a time, my brain got smarter than the rest of me and pointed out how little she actually cared, how I went balls deep into trying to make her happy again. When she left that time, there was no warning, she just blocked me on some social media, and I texted her once, asking what happened, because the night before we had been playing our usual online rpg and everything was great, and she had some new poo poo planned as the GM.

And still nothing from her. I had to realize over time that she had gotten what she needed from me, and then when I started needing poo poo from her, she bailed. Not unusual. But a few nights ago I began to reread some of our old plays and that stupid nostaglia kicked me in the teeth. Until I did the math and realized it has been ten years since I spoke to her, at all. And reading over the old plays, how much fun they were, how much fun we had...but it didn't matter. Because once she got what she needed, once she got that boost of her ego, she was done with me. And I do remember her complaining how her dad was being a jerk and wanted her to get a real job (she had been a cashier for years but quit because she 'wanted to do art.') and instead she 'worked' for a friend's store, without pay; I remember her saying she helped him tile his new store, and painted all the walls, and was there 40 some hours a week helping him, and ignoring the fact he wasn't paying her. And when I pointed out she should be getting paid for her work, she blew up at me and gave me the silent treatment for days.

So our friendship wasn't healthy. But part of me still misses her despite knowing how little I really meant.

Other poo poo: I got offered a job I thought I wanted, but some research indicates I do not. I was all excited Friday but after the research and learning I'd be considered temp for possibly years...I can't take it. And it sucks because it's a government job so once I got in for good, I'd be set for life, in theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the office was entirely empty the entire time we were there. this is in massachusetts, I dunno if things are getting really ugly or not elsewhere in the state but where I am most people still wear masks every day and still mostly follow social distancing measures so it's probably cutting down on the spread significantly.

her eye is getting much better, two days ago her vision through that eye was entirely blurry, now there's just a blurry line across her vision in that eye, and it'll probably mostly if not entirely go away within a week. she's really, really lucky.