Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote somb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:redhammer:
No Execute :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well poop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

This is such a scum post, omg.

no you.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

The Colossus paused. There was a yet another new presence in its mind. Less menacing than the last, less... tactile.

A sound.

A high pitched sound.

Repetitive, natural.

Like a... chirping.

Crickets. Crickets chirping. That was it.

No thoughts have occurred, let alone been pushed from mind D3!

It is now N3! Actions please.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

FINAL Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (4): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jose Valasquez, hambeet, hambeet, yuming
Grandicap (2): Spoonsy, Hal Incandenza, Spoonsy, hambeet, Hal Incandenza, yuming, hambeet, sandnavyguy, Somberbrero, yuming
hambeet (1): Spoonsy
Hal Incandenza (0): hambeet, hambeet, yuming, yuming

Not Voting (2): hambeet, Retro Futurist

Note that I had previously posted a slightly out-of-date and incorrect "final" votecount.

xopods fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 16, 2020

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

The Colossus continued to stand still as arrows pelted it ineffectually. Helrix wracked his mind, wondering if he had some sort of spell that could stop it, but he couldn't think of anything that would be effective. He watched as the engineers brought cannons to bear, but feared these would prove equally useless. The Colossus had, after all, been designed to withstand such attacks.

The Colossus pondered the situation. The army was attacking, yes, but it had attacked first. Why was it so sure these men were enemies?

It had the strange sense, though, that they'd killed it once before. But then, how was it here? What was it forgetting?

Still, there was resentment. A sense of loss over something that these men, their kingdom, had taken from it.

Its thoughts were interrupted by cannon fire. Fragments of stone exploded from its body as the first volley smashed home. It was a scratch, but it was damage nonetheless. Unlike the arrows, the cannon fire would hurt it eventually. It knew that much, at least.

It waded forward into the gathered masses, surrounded by screaming, feeling bodies crunch under its feet. The cannons had to be stopped, if only to give it more time to think.

Yuming, The Teacher (Ego-Aligned Delayed Empowerer) has been torn asunder by a psychic knife N3!

The Teacher role posted:

Delayed Empowerer: You may target one player each night to empower them. You cannot target yourself. The empowering will take effect the following night and last only for that night. This will provide them with a new or improved power, depending on the player’s role. Note that this is the same effect that executing the Madness-aligned player provides, although in that case it affects only Town players, and is permanent.

If you are empowered your original ability is lost, and you gain the following one instead:
Enabler: Any action which would change your target or prevent your role from working fails entirely. You may target one player per night to grant them the same benefit. Players whose redirection or roleblocking actions fail in this manner will be told their action failed, but not given any more information than that.

Your win conditions are as follows:
Virtue: Team condition. Eliminate all Id-Aligned players. (Ends the game immediately).
Self-Interest: Be alive at the beginning of the final day phase of the game (regardless of which team wins, and even if you are the final lunch).
Agency: Produce a useful outcome with your power. In your case, this means that you empower another Ego-aligned player who successfully uses the boosted version of their power. If the Madness-aligned player is executed before you achieve this victory condition, you can also achieve it by Enabling an Ego- or Superego-aligned player who otherwise would have been roleblocked or redirected.

It is now D4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (8): Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, Retro Futurist, sandnavyguy, Somberbrero, Spoonsy

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 18th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I went back to Grandi and got a different result than what I did yesterday. He's Ego.

Can we look at Ham some more?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I successfully recruited another mason

Grandi hasn't claimed who he tracked yet in the masonry so hold off on any additional claims

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

I successfully recruited another mason

Grandi hasn't claimed who he tracked yet in the masonry so hold off on any additional claims

Thanks. And just to confirm - you are all unconfirmed, right? And you can't recruit if the person you're recruiting is actively doing something or only if they aren't targeted?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday that's on me, a Shameful opop

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spoonsy posted:

Thanks. And just to confirm - you are all unconfirmed, right? And you can't recruit if the person you're recruiting is actively doing something or only if they aren't targeted?

Correct, we are all unconfirmed.
My action fails if anyone else targeted my target. The target can be doing something and still be recruited

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I dropped my claim in the masonry.
Today is MExLO, so we should full claim and see if we catch anything. I'll go last since my targets are verified by the mason doc.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

As you can probably deduce from my participation/consistent confusion, I'm superego vt

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That pretty much confirms Grandi and Spoonsy as Town. I really don't see Jose or rf as scum either.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

That pretty much confirms Grandi and Spoonsy as Town. I really don't see Jose or rf as scum either.

I'd add Jose to the "confirmed" list for now. I can see Retro being superego, but I don't want to confirm that at the moment.

Also, if there is a third cop, can they come out and play?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My gut says somber and yesterday eod backs that up

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Understandable, but alas it is not the case.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Okay, so sanity check me here. I’m still pretty new for mafia, but if my Doctor action succeeded but no one visited, how is that possible?

I’m Doctor Ego with watcher empowerment BTW.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

sandnavyguy posted:

Okay, so sanity check me here. I’m still pretty new for mafia, but if my Doctor action succeeded but no one visited, how is that possible?

I’m Doctor Ego with watcher empowerment BTW.

:laffo: it all makes sense now
Succeeded just means that your action wasn't blocked, doctors aren't normally told if they actually block a kill or not

Did you not get a succeeded message on N1?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah I got a failure Day 1

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

N1 I mean

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

And I’ve been visited twice before Yuming, so If she empowered me that means two other people came to say Hi N1 or N2. Anyone wanna cop to those? Maybe it can help with night actions so we can lunch proper and stay alive

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You were probably jailed by Nep N1 then, or targeted someone who was

How do you know you were visited?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

When empowered I can see how many people visited the person I heal. The whole mark thing was a bluff to prevent a secondary kill from happening if scum was scared it’d blow them up. I was really hoping for a scum lunch that would narrow their choices to 1 NK and the other staying put not using their powers

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ve been trying to draw fire at night so that when I flipped it would help Town or result in a No kill. Anyone else wanna claim?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

sandnavyguy posted:

When empowered I can see how many people visited the person I heal. The whole mark thing was a bluff to prevent a secondary kill from happening if scum was scared it’d blow them up. I was really hoping for a scum lunch that would narrow their choices to 1 NK and the other staying put not using their powers

How many people did it say have visited you?
Nep N1 and yuming N2 seem like the obvious ones

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Three. I assumed the third was an attempted kill

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

sandnavyguy posted:

Three. I assumed the third was an attempted kill

You protected yourself, you should ask xopods if that counts

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Which makes sense cause if someone did target me for a kill N2, I succeeded in protecting myself, and my success N3 would be because I used my watcher ability

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Which makes sense cause if someone did target me for a kill N2, I succeeded in protecting myself, and my success N3 would be because I used my watcher ability

Nope, I don’t count myself in the numbers according to my role

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also, since we’re narrowing these possibilities, ##vote Hal

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

sandnavyguy posted:

Also, since we’re narrowing these possibilities, ##vote Hal

Please unvote for the time being, we may be in LYOL

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spoonsy posted:

Please unvote for the time being, we may be in LYOL

Got it. ##unvote

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m empowered again for second night in a row :)

You were empowered twice?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nope part of the bluff. Yuming empowered me N2.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have anything to say?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004