Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vain posted:

Just got done doing the Magatsu Urgent Quest. What the hell am I meant to do with like fifty 7-9 star weapons? Do I feed some to my mag and sell the rest?

Pretty much. When you can run XH those will be 10-12 star weapons you can turn in to cubes or combine to make +30 fodder for other (13*) weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

moosecow333 posted:

Is it possible as a ranger to run two assault rifles, one that is just loaded with blight bullets and one that I do damage with?

Blight bullet is apparently great from what I hear but it loads like 6 bullets into my gun and completely removes my ability to quickly restore PP.
No, once you activate the skill, all weapons of that type will shoot the special bullets. If you take the Bullet Keep skill (or "Ammo Maintenance" apparently), then you keep the special bullets loaded when you switch to another weapon type (so launcher, or something from your subclass, probably). You can also use the Tactics Trap skill to recover PP when you've got Weak Bullet loaded.

I don't play RA, so maybe others can comment further, but that's what I'm aware of.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Keep Roll Shot is a good help, too.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

Is it possible as a ranger to run two assault rifles, one that is just loaded with blight bullets and one that I do damage with?

Blight bullet is apparently great from what I hear but it loads like 6 bullets into my gun and completely removes my ability to quickly restore PP.

Get the skills to restore PP with grenades and traps, which is faster than restoring it with normal attacks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Or just use the launchers exclusively

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

moosecow333 posted:

You want to keep your bullets loaded for as long as possible for the bonuses so get dive roll shoot. It allows you to roll and shoot which restores TP without wasting your bullets.

You can also get the ability that provides a tp restore when you use grenades or traps so slap a poison trap down and lob the gravity grenade so you can keep your tp up. Between that and dodge shoot you should be fine on tp. Besides, you need those bullets to reset your blight round target when someone randomly does a stupid target and you have to have Blight Round Wars.

For some bosses this is slightly more obnoxious (like trying to focus on magatsu's chest) but it comes with practice. If all else fails just dodge shoot whatever to get your tp back and impact slider to a safer spot if needed.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 16, 2020

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The Crimson Mahat weapon camo I picked up for my Wired Lances not only works on a bunch of other stuff, it turns them into chainsaw-style weapons. :getin:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Butt Discussin posted:

Get the skills to restore PP with grenades and traps, which is faster than restoring it with normal attacks.

Do this, stun grenade and upper trap in particular are great for PP regen in my opinion in combination with dive roll attacks like pointed out above.

Mordiceius posted:

Or just use the launchers exclusively

Don't do this unless you want a bad time versus a lot of enemies - the Launcher is great but Ranger works best when you use both weapons like a tool for different situations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Soulfucker posted:

Don't do this unless you want a bad time versus a lot of enemies - the Launcher is great but Ranger works best when you use both weapons like a tool for different situations.

Alternatively, I just jump in the air, start spamming my launcher and watch everything die below me. Hasn't let me down so far.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I checked out the first episode of the Episode Oracle anime, and was quite surprised at the severed head in the first 15 minutes.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Annath posted:

I checked out the first episode of the Episode Oracle anime, and was quite surprised at the severed head in the first 15 minutes.

rip sue

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Mordiceius posted:

Alternatively, I just jump in the air, start spamming my launcher and watch everything die below me. Hasn't let me down so far.

I don't know how far along you are but that'll change eventually. Rifles are good for putting out damage while moving at the same time and blight rounds are great in raid play.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Annath posted:

I'm like 5 episodes into the show and enjoying it greatly. I played about 20-25% of the Episode 1 story content so I had enough to just meet a few of the characters and nothing really had happened in the plot. Now seeing the show gives me a better understanding of the early game and will help allow that later content to make far more sense since it's so loving chopped up.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Is there a guide for what abilities I should put on my MEL mag? Or do I just load it up with different auto heals?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

Is there a guide for what abilities I should put on my MEL mag? Or do I just load it up with different auto heals?

Ditto, but for mags in general.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Generally, mag abilities are very marginal and don't matter that much. There's some small exceptions but they're not that important. I think most guides just recommend stacking B healing.

You want to change the auto action that punches enemies into the air because that interferes with combos. The two best photon blasts are Julius Nifta (sucks in enemies for easy AoEing) and Cetus Proi (insane PP regen).

For TEC based classes, Megid auto action with Mag excite is noticeable.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Someone had posted a good idea earlier about earning star gems by buying those outfits that give them for cheap after a bit of use and using that to get extra storage or whatever. Any idea what terms would best search for those in the player shops?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Outerwear and set a price ceiling you're comfortable with. It helps to have alts that aren't female since men's costumes are dirt cheap comparably with less fight.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Why is there 3 currencies for micro transactions and which one should I spend money on?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mill Village posted:

Why is there 3 currencies for micro transactions and which one should I spend money on?

AC is the one you'd want to actually buy. It can only be obtained from buying it, and it's what you use to buy premium as well as inventory expansions/extra mags/new characters/etc. Star gems were introduced later in PSO2's life in JP and are supposed to be earnable in game, but NA actually either removed or hasn't gotten to a lot of the sources of earn able SG outside of the story.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

FUN isn't a microtransaction currency.

You can convert AC to Stargems but not vice versa so you would want AC.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I’m like two or three more phone meetings away from having every class at 75! Some questions for people who moved onto end gamey stuff:

1) What is your daily routine like in PSO2? Like, are there missions/activities you always do?

2) What’s the best source of loot at 75? What do people run to get the Nemesis/Slave gear?

3)Semi-unrelated: I have thousands of Photon Boosters sitting in my bags. If I’m good on EX-Cubes, is there a more productive/lucrative way to convert them into money than just selling them?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm at level 62 in my main class now, and levels really seem to be coming slowly. Is there a most efficient set of activities for leveling?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Annath posted:

I'm at level 62 in my main class now, and levels really seem to be coming slowly. Is there a most efficient set of activities for leveling?

VHAQ (Very Hard Advanced Quests) rock for leveling. Make sure you do the loop of amplified quests (Sub->Amplified) to get the global boost.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

fadam posted:

I’m like two or three more phone meetings away from having every class at 75! Some questions for people who moved onto end gamey stuff:

1) What is your daily routine like in PSO2? Like, are there missions/activities you always do?

2) What’s the best source of loot at 75? What do people run to get the Nemesis/Slave gear?

3)Semi-unrelated: I have thousands of Photon Boosters sitting in my bags. If I’m good on EX-Cubes, is there a more productive/lucrative way to convert them into money than just selling them?

1. Doing the daily client orders first thing (on one character and at least picking them up on alts), then into ultimate/whatever UQ is gonna pop up.

2. Ultimate. Nemesis drops in Ultimate Naverius, Slave drops in Ultimate Lilipa. Both of them also have Anga as a possible boss enemy, who drops the current best units in the game.

3. I haven't looked at the prices recently, but the 11* weapons you can get with photon boosters have a fairly powerful special ability factor that you unlock when you grind them up to +35, so grinding them up and selling them might be worth some money.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

1. Doing the daily client orders first thing (on one character and at least picking them up on alts), then into ultimate/whatever UQ is gonna pop up.

2. Ultimate. Nemesis drops in Ultimate Naverius, Slave drops in Ultimate Lilipa. Both of them also have Anga as a possible boss enemy, who drops the current best units in the game.

3. I haven't looked at the prices recently, but the 11* weapons you can get with photon boosters have a fairly powerful special ability factor that you unlock when you grind them up to +35, so grinding them up and selling them might be worth some money.

Can I ask you a dumb question? How do the Daily Client orders work? I feel like I’ve had the Triboost for ages but I haven’t done a daily order in forever.

Is that why you prioritize them, just for the boost? Why do you get them on Alts?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Daily orders give a stacking triboost, it wears off if you don't do them for a day or two.

I'm under the impression it's separate from/stacks with item-based triboost.

They probably get them on alts since they don't expire, so they have a big stock pile of daily orders to do the next time the play that alt.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Frush posted:

Someone had posted a good idea earlier about earning star gems by buying those outfits that give them for cheap after a bit of use and using that to get extra storage or whatever. Any idea what terms would best search for those in the player shops?

That was me. You search for 6 star+ outfits, body parts, and outerwear. Ever since I posted that, the prices have crept up significantly from 100-105k per outfit to closer to 135-140k per outfit on ship 1 at least. This is probably due to more people catching on to doing this (a popular youtuber showcased this) and the fact that no new AC scratch has come out for a bit so all the whales who buy stuff to supply the market have already spent their money.

It's still very much worth the meseta though IMO. You'll need alts to wear the other gender clothing anyway and that gives easy access to 500k from Yerkes each week and whatever tier of weekly meseta mission is available which can be another 1mil per week for very little effort.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

fadam posted:

There's always the method of turning excubes into grinders and vendoring them, though getting some of those weapons to +35 and upslotting them could prove useful in the future should you want to add a flict/alter augment to another weapon later.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

fadam posted:

Can I ask you a dumb question? How do the Daily Client orders work? I feel like I’ve had the Triboost for ages but I haven’t done a daily order in forever.

Is that why you prioritize them, just for the boost? Why do you get them on Alts?

The ones that don't give you a boost generally give a decent bit of money. Anything that requires VH or above gives out 100-200k per order. If you have alts you can take all of the high money ones and run them when you have time, which is a good way to build up some money.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

The ones that don't give you a boost generally give a decent bit of money. Anything that requires VH or above gives out 100-200k per order. If you have alts you can take all of the high money ones and run them when you have time, which is a good way to build up some money.

Thanks! I really appreciate all of you experienced players helping us new guys out :)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
One of the biggest ways Material Storage is worth it is that for anything that requires items that can be stored in it, you access the box directly instead of having to have it in your inventory. So for example, you can farm all of Yerke's requested items over the course of several days and stockpile them in Storage. Then with each character you log in, talk to him, and turn in the item for each quest in under a minute instead of having to find it in storage and taking it out. This also applies to Franca and Cressida's requests so you can stockpile a ton of their requested items on alts and just turn them in super quickly if you don't plan on playing too much on them.

I have a feeling that Selvaria's swimwear will only go up in price once the SEGA banner ends, so if you have the meseta to invest in one and just hold onto it for a while, that one might turn out a nice profit if the game survives in NA for long enough.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Type "Gotta Go Fast" in your chat before 6/23 to get prizes.

Finally, one of these where I'm not confusedly pasting some Japanese text.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Played this a while ago on JP, thinking of giving it another go now that it's over here. Supposing I main gunner, is there any situation (involving sub-classes and such as well) where I would want to use something other than mech guns?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can do just fine using only a single type of weapon from start to finish. It’ll be a bit boring but still fine.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

jokes posted:

You can do just fine using only a single type of weapon from start to finish. It’ll be a bit boring but still fine.

Do I understand right that you can't get enough SP to get every skill for a class, so you inevitably have to specialize?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Buried alive posted:

Played this a while ago on JP, thinking of giving it another go now that it's over here. Supposing I main gunner, is there any situation (involving sub-classes and such as well) where I would want to use something other than mech guns?

Gunner almost never uses any weapon other than TMGs. The only time they ever pull out a rifle is against Dark Falz Elder, and that's such a rare thing to be fighting it may as well not matter.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cleretic posted:

Do I understand right that you can't get enough SP to get every skill for a class, so you inevitably have to specialize?

Well it's more that there are skills that aren't as valuable across the board so specializing for a specific purpose means a difference of like 5SP, since a lot of classes have a lot of "must get"skills. Like having an additional 30DEX isn't as good as a straight 10% boost to all damage, things like that.

As far as weapon specialties go, I think FO (and maybe BR) is the only one where specializing in one weapon makes sense AND takes a lot of SP to do so. Hunter, for example, just has a 1SP skill for each weapon as its "weapon specialization".

Don't forget it's an MMO so people will pretend being anywhere beneath 100% optimal means you're a liability, but if you're 95%optimal on your skills you'll be fine. Hell if you're 80% optimal you'll be fine. The real problem is that skills aren't respeccable for free so you can gently caress up and be locked into being 80%optimal forever if you don't know what you're doing, and that loving sucks and is frustrating. Like I hosed up and my Hunter has 10/10 HP up because I'm an idiot but I have zero problems clearing poo poo and slaying poo poo quickly.

jokes fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 18, 2020

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Oh, okay. So there is enough SP to get everything, but because of XP curves and the like you don't want to invest things in the wrong order and then be caught out for a while.

I guess I'm kinda lucky in picking Braver as my main, then. That's very clearly divided into 'bow skills', 'katana skills' and 'good general pickups', so if you know the weapon you want to main (and I do, bow is amazing) it's hard to allocate badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

No you won't have enough SP for everything but it's relatively apparent what skills to skip. Flat +TEC/MEL/RNG skills are pretty useless as far as the math goes.