Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

WhyteRyce posted:

And yes Darcy is basically the living embodiment of the JLo collection at Kohl's

:boom: I’m lolling and this frames it so well along with the discount luxury goods persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Friendly reminder that Coltee is not just some goony goonlord, he's narcissistic and abusive. After their first turn on the show, Larissa recorded him blasting music in her ear while trying to sleep, then when confronted on it he played the "I'm sleeping, why are you waking me up, you're crazy" game. https://files.catbox.moe/m08lcj.mp4

quote:

The way he acts like he wasn't doing anything and was really asleep is loving TERRIFYING! I feel like I'm watching a scary movie where everyone in it thinks the wife is crazy and only the viewers see what the husband is doing when no one is around.

This POS deserves to never have a relationship again.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Darcey has family money, her dad bankrolls her and her sister apparently.

I feel bad for Darc and want her to find love. She's a little batty but she's got a good heart and she really ate up that fairytale romance poo poo as a kid, I hope she gets it, I really do.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Friendly reminder that Coltee is not just some goony goonlord, he's narcissistic and abusive. After their first turn on the show, Larissa recorded him blasting music in her ear while trying to sleep, then when confronted on it he played the "I'm sleeping, why are you waking me up, you're crazy" game. https://files.catbox.moe/m08lcj.mp4

Not to go turbo-woke, but from my time watching there is absolutely a class of American white dude on this show that seeks out and lures in these women from developing countries and is absolutely doing everything they can to terrorize these women into submission. Ed and the toothpaste and everything else with Rose is such a great example, as well as Geoffrey's fits of anger, but yeah, everything with Colt screams trying to break a woman into being his personal servant/sex-slave.

Like I can't feel bad for David because the alternative of him getting what he wants with Lana would be a loving nightmare for her. Hell, I wish he got loving bilked even more.

Paul absolutely has his loving issues but at least he tries to put in the effort to not be a complete piece of poo poo? Seriously anxiety issues, absolutely. At least from what I've seen he's doing his best to not be a total piece of poo poo and try to make things work.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never watched any of the prior seasons except the last two so hearing about these 9ther people make some wanna watch

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

I never watched any of the prior seasons except the last two so hearing about these 9ther people make some wanna watch

Paul is justification enough for this series

Coltee is a piece of poo poo but the Larissa blow-ups are top meme worthy

Basically anything starting at Season 4 of OG 90 Day Fiance is worth watching. It's when they perfect their terrible/broken people finder

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 17, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Like I said before, go look up Master of Blackjack 1+2 on Youtube, and search for the best stuff. What you want are:

A) Paul & Karine (somehow worked out)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qEdspbxv7U

B) Colt & Larissa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBuHrNVY_U

C) David & Annie (this relationship actually worked out, shockingly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbf9IpcOoYI

And I'm sure you've seen this already but I adore Varya even if she has a loving garbage taste in men. She is like the female Tommy Wiseau in all the best ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JIMQ7OnP-M

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 17, 2020

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll Che k those out thanks

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pedro and Chantel are A tier just avoid the spinoff

They are proof that in a situation surrounded by miscommunication, meddling in-laws, anger, and refusals to apologize, true love still prevails

True love is between Pedro and his sweet rear end gaming rig

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 17, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

True love is between Pedro and his sweet rear end gaming rig

I legit want to game with Pedro.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
I've been watching this poo poo hole since day one - AMA.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I've been watching this poo poo hole since day one - AMA.

What do you think about David/Annie

and uh what do you think about Paul/Karine

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How is Paul not chopped up and dead in the jungle some place?

Like I don't get it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Like I don't get it.

You don't rob somebody who is already making an rear end of themselves terrified of the idea of being robbed.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

David and Annie seemed doomed. David was broke, jobless, drunk, and hopeless. Annie seemed legit depressed and trapped. It's refreshing to watch Pillow Talk and see them enjoying life and having chemistry

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
David lucked out and he loving knows it. Annie is a queen no matter what, she knows what she wanted and the two of them have made it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQs0WdT64iw

I don't wanna say too much about my personal life, but my now-wife proposed to me after 90 days of dating and I have a weird attachment to this show.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Like I don't get it.

Can you imagine trying to chase with a machete someone down who runs like that and is wearing a cooling vest. Or is rocking themselves in a literal dog house

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Can you imagine trying to chase with a machete someone down who runs like that and is wearing a cooling vest. Or is rocking themselves in a literal dog house

Well I was more thinking her family coming in and dragging him out in the middle of the night and he's never seen again.

EDIT : TBF though he probably has 800 alarms and booby traps set up in his house for just that sort of thing.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Taintrunner posted:

David lucked out and he loving knows it. Annie is a queen no matter what, she knows what she wanted and the two of them have made it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQs0WdT64iw

I don't wanna say too much about my personal life, but my now-wife proposed to me after 90 days of dating and I have a weird attachment to this show.

Annie is loving amazing and he knows it and treats her as such. That's why they work.

They also hustle HARD on cameo.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

What do you think about David/Annie

and uh what do you think about Paul/Karine

David & Annie are one of the few couples in the entire series that actually surprised me. David was chubby, broke, a grifter, drunk and a loser. Annie seemed pretty dang great, although initially, I thought she perhaps may have wanted to escape rural Thailand. (Please note I am a leftist and a communist, I am throwing no shade on someone wanting to move to another country. Before COVID, I had traveled most of central America and a fair portion of Mexico solo as a woman and was about to start a job that would have me in Oaxaca six months out of the year.) From what we see now, I think David was for sure in a crisis - recently divorced, recent weightloss surgery and huge physical body transformation, family tensions with his kids, etc. Please remember that just before Annie and David's wedding, there was a huge blowup with his daughter calling Annie a prostitute as well as saying her mom divorced David due to frequenting prostitutes. They genuinely seem to have turned it around and seem very happy and stable. I am willing to chalk things up as David had a few years worth of a real rough patch - he seems to genuinely like teaching ESL and care for his students.

Paul is mentally ill, dangerous and his constant vacillation and escalation of drama makes me hate him. Every other word out of his mouth is threatening divorce. He should have had mental health and perhaps disability interventions along the way in his life that he clearly, clearly didn't. There has been reports of him having a very strict (religious?) father who was also unkind to his mother. Paul and his mother's relationship is wildly codependent and unhealthy for both parties. Paul ought not be in a relationship with anyone. Karine I struggle to tell if she is genuinely as naive as she comes across or if that is a language issue. She seems lost much of the time, although she has shown that she can stand up for herself and seems to be a fierce mama which I think is going to be what keeps that poor child alive in the presence of Paul. Karine and Annie are very different. I wish that the show gave the non-US women more depth and coverage, but the focus of the show and it's editing is the American part of the couple.

Around this era was also Kirylam and Alan and that was 100% a gross Mormon pedophile grooming story and somehow they are still together and BARF.

E: Now that I think on it, I think at the time David had also had a heart attack? stroke? and lost his job and home, that's why he went to Thailand.

MAKE NO BABBYS fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 17, 2020

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul was terrible at his actual paying job of shoveling cow poop on a farm. Like, his boss said he sucked at it

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

WhyteRyce posted:

His penis sheath and Naruto run give him +1 armor and +3 dexterity.

He’s actually just a crazy arsonist stalker but whatever.

GrandmaParty posted:

Annie is loving amazing and he knows it and treats her as such. That's why they work.

David shaped up and respects Annie for the boss bitch she is and they are legit our favorite Pillow Talk couple.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Paul was terrible at his actual paying job of shoveling cow poop on a farm. Like, his boss said he sucked at it

Jesus, really?

I'll admit that sometimes I just listen to 90 day gays for the newer spinoff episodes, was that recent?

I loathe Paul but it also makes me sad because like, I had horrific ADHD that went undiagnosed until I was like 27 and I know how hard I struggled due to an undiagnosed learning deficit and Paul is clearly much more severely impacted both with mental health issues and some sort of learning disability or comorbid poo poo. If we had a better social net and early intervention, I bet his life would be much better than it is.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Jesus, really?

I'll admit that sometimes I just listen to 90 day gays for the newer spinoff episodes, was that recent?

I loathe Paul but it also makes me sad because like, I had horrific ADHD that went undiagnosed until I was like 27 and I know how hard I struggled due to an undiagnosed learning deficit and Paul is clearly much more severely impacted both with mental health issues and some sort of learning disability or comorbid poo poo. If we had a better social net and early intervention, I bet his life would be much better than it is.

quote:

The employer is introduced as only Dale on the bonus video and Dale isn’t thrilled with Paul’s work performance. His job entailed shoveling what Dale refers to as cow pats. Dale tells the 90 Day Fiance cameras that Paul Staehle wasn’t very good at his job.

As the video plays you see Paul Staehle request to speak to Dale at work on the farm. The boss obliged and came looking for him. At the same time, the 90 Day Fiance celeb braced himself. It seems Paul thought what he was about to say would be bad news to his boss’s ears.

What Paul Staehle ends up telling his boss is that his wife, Karine Martins, won’t be coming to America. Her visa didn’t come through. So this means he needs to go to Brazil ahead of their baby’s birth… and to be on 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way. For that reason, he cannot work at the farm anymore. This is the beginning of The Other Way journey for the dad-to-be. Not to mention the relief to an employer. Who is now free to get someone else to efficiently remove cow patties

Paul Staehle hesitates in between sentences to his boss on the video. It’s as if he tried to break it to Dale lightly. But you find out later as Dale talks to 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way cameras, the boss is fine with this. It seems if Paul hadn’t quit, his boss was just about to let him go.

Dale seemed to get to know him well enough to describe Paul. He suggests he is someone who does not think things through. This employer asked Paul on camera – “How old are you?” He replied, 35. This employer puts this 90 Day Fiance cast member as someone who goes from one disaster to another.

Dale also said that he suspects every day is a calamity for Paul Staehle. Now that the boss knows that he’s moving to Brazil, Dale made a prediction about his future. He said Paul’s next disaster will be on the other side of the world.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhyteRyce posted:

late edit: not sure if this makes sense but from my personal experience I think Paul came from an abusive upbringing and he is trying, but also, he came from a very hosed up upbringing and needs actual help to do what I think he actually wants to do

Yeah this is the part that also makes me frustrated. I grew up on a lovely cattle farm for the better part of two decades. I spent my 18th Birthday shoveling cowshit for 6 hours and my family pretended like they just forgot when my birthday was. Digging up cowshit for fertilizer is frankly the easiest job in the loving world and I refuse to believe you can somehow gently caress this up.

But also, I had incredibly abusive and cruel excuses for "parents." So I can understand the idea of using this as a weapon to threaten their kids. On the other hand, I haven't been back home in 10 years, I haven't talked to my birthparents in about half as much. What Paul needs is help, actual help, and not being turned into a sideshow.

I hope he finally gets it in order to be a proper husband to Karine and his kid, which he seems to actually give a drat about.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 17, 2020

Boola
Dec 7, 2005
The reintroduction of Colteee was so cheesy and staged on this episode. He's working out hard in his garage and talking about how he's made changes since his split with Larissa, but he's maybe even more obese than he was before and has 0% muscle definition. If he had been lifting weights for any time at all, his entire body wouldn't look like a giant tub of pudding still. Then his mom comes out, he stops, and she says "Looking good, Colt". I bet that was the first and last time those weights were ever touched.

Larissa looks way healthier now after being away from Colt. It's not a coincidence.

Boola fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 17, 2020

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Boola posted:

The reintroduction of Colteee was so cheesy and staged on this episode. He's working out hard in his garage and talking about how he's made changes since his split with Larissa, but he's maybe even more obese than he was before and has 0% muscle definition. If he had been lifting weights for any time at all, his entire body wouldn't look like a giant tub of pudding still. Then his mom comes out, he stops, and she says "Looking good, Colt". I bet that was the first and last time those weights were ever touched.

Larissa looks way healthier now after being away from Colt. It's not a coincidence.

Larissa has been surgically reconstructed. She's as real as much as Colt is Schwarzenegger.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Colt is for sure stacking weight on steadily.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm watching the bonus hour of the tell all and David is doing the worst job ever of convincing people that he understands what the IMBRA law is

There is a moment where Tom and Ed are tag teaming and almost get him to realize it but then you can visibly see his brain reboot after being stuck in a loop

Lol Joey Tribbianis sister got sent packing by Shaun loving Robinson on a 90 Day Tell All for being too loud and obnoxious

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 17, 2020

Boola
Dec 7, 2005

otter posted:

Larissa has been surgically reconstructed. She's as real as much as Colt is Schwarzenegger.

Obviously. But she's also lost probably 20 lbs since being with him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm watching the bonus hour of the tell all and David is doing the worst job ever of convincing people that he understands what the IMBRA law is

There is a moment where Tom and Ed are tag teaming and almost get him to realize it but then you can visibly see his brain reboot after being stuck in a loop

Lol Joey Tribbianis sister got sent packing by Shaun loving Robinson on a 90 Day Tell All for being too loud and obnoxious

I have to think that these sites must cite IMBRA and rely on the fact people like David are only going to give it a cursory glance.

Anyway I can't feel too bad for him, the guy is a straight up sex tourist and Ukrainian women are his fetish.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm picturing David arguing with the Internet Crimes Division officer that because of the law signed by Bill Clinton the agent needed to identify himself as a law enforcement officer and disconnect from his server and anything he found could not be used as evidence

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WhyteRyce posted:

Is this on YT? Haven't seen this footage

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

otter posted:

Yeah, this. The funniest part is that she looks like complete poo poo for her trouble.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where is this new footage of colt and sucj

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Where is this new footage of colt and sucj

This one first (click through it’s a 3-parter)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5Ift8NavY

And then he meets his new girlfriend here (2-parter)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBpLU-qhcc

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Deavan's spirit animal is disappointment.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ICHIBAHN posted:

Is this on YT? Haven't seen this footage

I'm watching on the TLC go app. My DVR didn't record it so not sure if it made it to TV

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012

Fat Albert in a can posted:

I had forgotten his “I don’t like you. I’m going to divorce you,” speech with the smirking dickhead face. I 100% believe he broke her down and kept her in hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, this. The funniest part is that she looks like complete poo poo for her trouble.

Furthermore, gently caress anyone who ditches their kids in their country of origin and spends all their money on plastic surgery and then begs someone else (her dad) for financial support.