Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just took my first swing at the new Takedown at M10, think I need to dial down mayhem or form a team.

seems like the second bit where you charge crystals is difficult or impossible alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Sex Hobbit posted:

He's got some fancy version of the game, right? Could they not have buffed his drop rates or guaranteed he got some hot poo poo new gun?

No, that was a separate launcher. Anyway, the three other people he played with didn't get anything either. All in all they got 5 rolls on the final boss on Mayhem 10 and got absolutely nothing. Good job gearbox!!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is it just SMGs they're buffing? There's some cool assault rifles I wouldn't mind seeing buffed, like Breath of the Dying

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just took my first swing at the new Takedown at M10, think I need to dial down mayhem or form a team.

seems like the second bit where you charge crystals is difficult or impossible alone?

It’s not impossible, just a pain in the rear end. Then again that’s hearsay to me since I got killed by the guardians and said gently caress it.

PoopinClumpin posted:

(despite the nerfs of the Yellowcake and OPQ)

The OPQ wasn’t nerfed, though that’s probably coming when they get to ARs like they just did SMGs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Have they given a timeframe on rebalancing? Just the next few hotfixes? Got a safe full of SNTNL Cryo junk I want to be relevant. Think I have an M10 Bitch and Jackhammer to try out.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Doubleposting for news. Someone mined the Takedown patch and found some new assets indicating new content:

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/h7cx29/hey_so_im_like_80_sure_i_found_the_new_action/ - Possible fourth skill tree for each hunter, the clearest being a Loaderbot pet for FL4K.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Have they given a timeframe on rebalancing? Just the next few hotfixes? Got a safe full of SNTNL Cryo junk I want to be relevant. Think I have an M10 Bitch and Jackhammer to try out.

I just started a Zane run. Is that anointment not worthwhile?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

isoprenaline posted:

I just started a Zane run. Is that anointment not worthwhile?

Oh it's absolutely his best weapon anoint and I don't think many optimized builds don't use it on all guns. I mean the anoint is good but some of the weapons I have it on are not, and have been in the bank speculatively ahead of being re-balanced into relevance.

Specifically, I'm not quite clear on how damage is calculated but it seems it's multiplicative instead of additive, as I believe most such effects are. So if you had a gun with 100 damage, but had +100% elemental added after an action skill, plus the same again from a grenade anoint, it would do 100+100+50=250. It seems with SNTNL Cryo plus the grenade anoint you get (100+50)x2=300.

This seems to be borne out by my M0 radiation Redistributor with the anoint and a damage stat of about 1/3 an M10 one is probably still better than my M10 ones that lack it.. This is why I want to be able to spend all this eridium I'm amassing on putting the anoints I want onto guns.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1271846701418962944?s=21
lol that was quick

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
numbers don't look great

barely a bump from the new takedown (june 11th)

https://steamcharts.com/app/397540#3m

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My friend got me BL3 as a gift when it came to steam and we played through the campaign and I even did some min-max farming and I occasionally watch this thread to see what they change.

Really don't see much appeal in the game when all is said and done to be quite honest, enemies are bullet sponges until you get the small handful of guns that do 10x more damage then other guns and pop a dozen different passive damage buff effects, the story is straight garbage, vehicles control badly and have terrible HP/damage numbers and the endgame is just reloading games from checkpoints to go kill a boss in 10 seconds so that you might get a gun that let's you kill the boss in 9 seconds instead, only you have to kill the boss 20 times to see the gun drop and then have a useless annointment or no x2 bullet mod.

And then there is Talking to Lilith.

Another developer could easily swoop in and make a better borderlands with their formula.

If you want a looter game, Path of Exile does it better, if you want a shooter game, any number do it better like Doom Eternal, if you want a good story, play Disco Elysium.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 14, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1273017455460352002?s=20

lol?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

I believe by literally halving the damage stat.

That's what 100% more damage than intended means, yes.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

That's what 100% more damage than intended means, yes.

I think they mean the bug that makes it do double damage is still there, they just halved the numbers to compensate for it lol. If they ever fix the bug, they'll probably forget to buff it again

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

A Moose posted:

I think they mean the bug that makes it do double damage is still there, they just halved the numbers to compensate for it lol. If they ever fix the bug, they'll probably forget to buff it again

In the meantime,

a Lv50M0 Ion Cannon now outperforms a Lv57M7 anointed Yellowcake.

In the process of attempting to farm a better ion cannon, I discovered that the Fabricator is an absolute bullshit fight at higher mayhem levels. They need to pop some vending machines in there, even my OPQ wasn’t putting a dent in the boss OR the mobs (all badass loaders once the shields are down) and I wound up out of AR, shotgun and rocket ammo.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.
I have been playing around with Moze from a save file. Started at level 50, up to 57 with end game stuff getting used to her.

Iron bear seems weak. Up at m10 close to useless. I have heard others complain the her action skill isn’t well balanced and becomes pointless.

Is this really still the case or am I just not familiar enough to get the best out of it yet?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

When Mayhem maxed out at 4 there was a pretty fun Iron Bear build. Now that M10 is a thing it's gone back to worthless like it was on release. Currently I'm running a blood-soaked shield build.

Leave it to Gearbox to make piloting a giant mech unfun.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I think they're going to scale action skill damage to mayhem level when the new dlc drops

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
You mean the next bug pack?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Mr Scumbag posted:

You mean the next bug pack?

Yup!!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

i'm still lolling over this, goddamn

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
weren't there PS4 players who lost their whole games due to a memory leak from the last patch? pretty sure they would have preferred to wait for you to fix your poo poo, randy

also I'm still cracking the gently caress up at the absolute, complete and total lack of hype for the DLC that's out... next week? I think?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I think most people plan on running through it maybe but it seems like a lot of people have decided to give the game another 6 months or so before really taking it seriously again.

What needs to happen is the final level cap increase, then the fixes/re-balances that come after.

Until that last increase, GBX are going to keep fumbling and re-balancing.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Mr Scumbag posted:

I think most people plan on running through it maybe but it seems like a lot of people have decided to give the game another 6 months or so before really taking it seriously again

Yup!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mr Scumbag posted:

I think most people plan on running through it maybe but it seems like a lot of people have decided to give the game another 6 months or so before really taking it seriously again.

What needs to happen is the final level cap increase, then the fixes/re-balances that come after.

Until that last increase, GBX are going to keep fumbling and re-balancing.

Yeah, its the BL2 cycle all over again, I'm waiting for each big DLC drop to engage properly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

new level cap! right after an event! :marc:

On the bright side, it sounds like they're finally adding some form of action skill damage/pet/melee etc scaling or boosts. Not like the need for this sort of thing shoulda been anticipated before the release of the game!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I'm just looking forward to seeing how broken the new skill trees are (if they actually release with the DLC).

They'll either be unbelievably weak or way overpowered compared to the others.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
With what's going on, there's a Borderlands Goon Discord, link is in the OP, or here https://discord.gg/3A6JHrU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

With what's going on, there's a Borderlands Goon Discord, link is in the OP, or here https://discord.gg/3A6JHrU

Now I can poo poo on the game in realtime.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Not one of my main threads but I'm glad to be able to have a discord backup.

Really glad I didn't farm lvl 57 M10 Redistributiors much, although we're getting to the point my lvl57 M0 one won't cut it. And the yellow cake nerf means I won't really miss it, but I really hope they give us a chance to get updated event gear, ideally with a chance to farm for anoints.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not one of my main threads but I'm glad to be able to have a discord backup.

Really glad I didn't farm lvl 57 M10 Redistributiors much, although we're getting to the point my lvl57 M0 one won't cut it. And the yellow cake nerf means I won't really miss it, but I really hope they give us a chance to get updated event gear, ideally with a chance to farm for anoints.

I was under the impression the events would be back at the same time each year.

Edit: can we get it added to https://goondiscordnetwork.com/ for a lil extra traffic?

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 24, 2020

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Given that I don't care all that much about max-level endgame shenanigans and the like, how badly would I go wrong grabbing BL3 when it goes on sale tomorrow? There seem to be a lot of complaints about this game, many of them Mayhem-related, but I'm not sure how relevant these actually are to me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MMAgCh posted:

Given that I don't care all that much about max-level endgame shenanigans and the like, how badly would I go wrong grabbing BL3 when it goes on sale tomorrow? There seem to be a lot of complaints about this game, many of them Mayhem-related, but I'm not sure how relevant these actually are to me.

Regular new game is totally fine, you'll have a lot of fun. It plays really nicely.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

Don't know how much it will be but it's a fun ride, although obviously you won't sink the sort of hours into it some of us have, but it's still probably better standalone just from the updates and improvements. The DLC has been great so far if that enters into it. I kind of envy people who aren't maxed out and can spend a few hours of gametime with a great gun they find.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Yeah, the game is a lot of fun either way.

I finished the campaign a few days ago and am working through the DLC. I'm at max level, but I'm just cruising through new (to me) content at Mayhem 2, and it's a good, fun, stress-free romp.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Thanks, guys! Unless it gets discounted a lot I'll only be grabbing the base game, but it sounds like I'll have a good time with it anyway. I did put a fair few hours into the other BL games, so hopefully this one won't disappoint.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

In silence let him lie:
Or heave the windy sigh:
And so he had to die.
I was looking forward to the DLC tomorrow.

Then, just now, I learned that it comes with a 3 level cap raise.

gently caress.

I just can’t fill that loving bank again.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

isoprenaline posted:

I was looking forward to the DLC tomorrow.

Then, just now, I learned that it comes with a 3 level cap raise.

gently caress.

I just can’t fill that loving bank again.

If you're on PC you can use a save editor and level up your guns,

If you're on console like me you're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This new patch looks like a major overhaul that'll effect a lot of builds. They added Mayhem scaling to pets, melee, action skill damage etc. (i.e., they'll will get more powerful the higher your Mayhem level), and action skill damage now rolls on class mods. I imagine something big will broken again, but this looks like a big step in the right direction.

Also someone at gearbox really hates going down in FFYL

Dead Man Walking: While not moving in Fight for Your Life, your meter drains 50% more slowly.
Lead or Alive: When you enter Fight for Your Life all your guns are automatically reloaded

Plus the third new guardian perk

Groundbreaker: Melee or Slam attacks will trigger an Aftershock, dealing 25% of all non-melee damage you have dealt over the last 5 seconds