Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

berenzen posted:

The dimension cop is dead.

Someone animate those Blind shades floating down to Mini Faris with "DEAL WITH IT" (or perhaps "NED has been DEALT WITH").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

Can you change the audio processing in the emulator itself?

I tried all the options. The only difference is audio delay.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Run 1 (Pure Chaos)

Geomancer / Thief / Ninja / Knight

A decent start to the fiesta. Geomancer was pretty decent, though things got better once I got Ninja and Knight. Thief was...alright, as far as stealing goes. I only really made use of early Hi Potions, early Twin Lances, and getting some extra Enhancers (and cutting my Reflect Ring grind in half by stealing two from Carby). My end game was Geo with !Throw and Rune Bell, Thief with !Mug and Chicken Knife, Ninja with Equip Swords and two Enhancers, and Knight with Dual Wield and Excalibur/Enhancer.

Decently challenging at points, but only took two tries to take down NED at L33 thanks to a lucky Aegis block. Not too easy, not too hard. A nice run overall.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

McFrugal posted:

Well, screeching might be the wrong term. It's a scratchy sound like the audio is messed up in a few spots for the overworld music, and Fira sounds like someone blowing compressed air, it's too harsh and loud compared to the SNES sound effect. mGBA gives me the same sounds as VBA-m, unfortunately.

I’m hearing popping sounds myself. I’m not sure there’s really a fix. Next year, I’ll resort to the SNES patch! I’ve read in some places having a BIOS helps, but this doesn’t really make sense and I didn’t notice a difference anyway.

Incidentally, this is my first time playing FFV, and I’ve gotten some weird rear end jobs. Blue Mage, Summoner and now Beastmaster. All strong, I think, but also all bizarre. MVP has been Vampire, which is a nuts spell… though it did start missing recently.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo, why won't these fans drop any goddamn dark bows? I've already gained 4 levels in the ruins, snagged a tiara in case I need it, and grabbed like half a dozen elixirs off the very same fans.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

DeathSandwich posted:

Knight gives you someone under your control so you've got someone who can heal, and there are a few fights you can cheese with Cover/Guard. You'll probably still need to be overleveled for Sandworm, but you can also farm up elixirs and brute force it at a lower level than 4x zerker.

where do i farm elixirs?

thanks for the tips everyone, i've got the death axes

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Communist Thoughts posted:

where do i farm elixirs?

Moldwynds in the Wind Shrine are your best source.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The water swoosh thingies in ship graveyard are also good

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:toxx:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Fire weakness is not inherently tied to Undead status.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Run 2: Geo, Mystic, Mime, Dragoon

I have to mp out rug wizard don't I?

Frick.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Run 2: Geo, Mystic, Mime, Dragoon

I have to mp out rug wizard don't I?

Frick.

which version? on gba (and i think snes?) you can smack him with silence blades and go to town with whatever you want.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Funktastic posted:

which version? on gba (and i think snes?) you can smack him with silence blades and go to town with whatever you want.

Oh right spellblade is 100% hit rate on status effects isn't it? Hoofa that makes things way better.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't think they changed that in the Matrix version. I think the only change they made was letting him cast Reset even if you've Berserked him.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

My first triple crown down, and my second fiesta victory period. The first one was way back in 2015, all the others I tried since then completely stalled out.

Not this time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Okay so I am stupid as hell and I might need this explained to me. You're supposed to just make a tweet to start this off, and the bot replies to it with your classes? I went to the website and there's a generator on the main page, so I selected "I want to play an [Advance Run] with [All Jobs] and [no restrictions]" and clicked Submit, and it opened up my Twitter account with a fresh tweet that said "@ff5forfutures #regAdvance". But I've been waiting almost ten minutes now and he hasn't responded to the tweet, and from the bot's Tweets and Replies tab it looks like he's responded to a few people since I made the tweet. Did I do something wrong or has something just gone wrong? (And why the hell isn't this just a website function?)

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Phenotype posted:

Okay so I am stupid as hell and I might need this explained to me. You're supposed to just make a tweet to start this off, and the bot replies to it with your classes? I went to the website and there's a generator on the main page, so I selected "I want to play an [Advance Run] with [All Jobs] and [no restrictions]" and clicked Submit, and it opened up my Twitter account with a fresh tweet that said "@ff5forfutures #regAdvance". But I've been waiting almost ten minutes now and he hasn't responded to the tweet, and from the bot's Tweets and Replies tab it looks like he's responded to a few people since I made the tweet. Did I do something wrong or has something just gone wrong? (And why the hell isn't this just a website function?)

You can find your Wind Crystal job on the players page:

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php

after you get your water crystal, then you'll message gilgabot on twitter with #water for the next job.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

No, I'm stupid as hell and didn't sign in with the app or whatever it is. I got Blue Mage :kimchi: I hope that isn't making it too easy for my first fiesta. Should I just tweet the rest of the crystal tags at the bot now to get the rest of the classes?

e: continuing my stupidity, there are actually just buttons on my profile page on the fiesta website. I got Blue Mage/Ninja/Chemist/Cannoneer. I don't know what the Cannoneer does but that seems like a pretty good party, yeah?

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 18, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Blue Mage is the second most broken job in the game. Chemist is the first. Enjoy your triple crown.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You have chemist, you win. Everything else is secondary (though, yes, blue mage and ninja are also good classes).

Bear in mind that unless you're using the fiesta mod, you won't get ninja, chemist, or cannoneer when you 'unlock' them due to how advance works. Ninja is a fire job, chemist is an earth job, and you don't get cannonneer until you get all 12 legendary weapons.

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

4zerk run just got past sandworm. Took about 20 tries at level 45. Was going to give up and go back and grind to 50 on mini dragons when I got a lucky one in. I immediately went out saved tented then went back to the library and healed at the pot, then saved in a second slot, then copied my save as a backup, before continuing.

I've done this before, so I feel it's all downhill from here. I might even grind enough to try to get Shinryu. I don't think Omega is doable but I bet you can brute force Shin. I also haven't run away yet so I can go for the 0 power chicken knife.

I have two :toxx:es of my own as well.

1) :toxx: challenge $30 donated for anyone else who completes a 4 zerk run. $40 for a double crown and $60 for any triple crown 4 zerk run, to a maximum of $600
You can just show me your #victory screenshot / link me to your run page (and show me screenshots of any optional boss kills). This one's retroactive so anyone who has ALREADY completed a 4 zerk run can go ahead and let me know and I'll make it happen.

2) :toxx: challenge I will donate $20 to a maximum of $600 for proof of your geomancer hitting Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Show me your geomancer with it equipped and a pic of the attack and we're golden.

JibberJabberwocky fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 18, 2020

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Okay last dummy question I hope. How do I actually install the fiesta mod? I found it in the OP but it's just a blank dropbox that gives me a .ups file with no documentation at all.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking about doing this for the first time, but supporting twitter is so lovely. Do I do the fun thing or the right thing?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

NaanViolence posted:

I'm thinking about doing this for the first time, but supporting twitter is so lovely. Do I do the fun thing or the right thing?

Just make a throwaway account that you use just for Fiesta and then log out at the end of it.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Still having trouble with Archaeoaevis with BLM/MYS/BST. Tip in discord was to release a Ronkan Knight and then an Aegir but I tried that three times and it didn't seem to do a whole lot. Did I just get terrible luck with applying the debuffs?

Would help if the game would stop throwing Ghidra at me on the walk down to the boss, gently caress that thing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cerebulon posted:

Still having trouble with Archaeoaevis with BLM/MYS/BST. Tip in discord was to release a Ronkan Knight and then an Aegir but I tried that three times and it didn't seem to do a whole lot. Did I just get terrible luck with applying the debuffs?

No, Rainbow Wind is automatic hit. You are sitting there and letting the HP leak do its thing, right?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Make absolutely sure nothing else hits it aside from those two moves. The Ronkan Knight needs to almost but not quite kill the first form, then Aegir's sap effect has to finish the job, bypassing the other four forms.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Color Printer posted:

Make absolutely sure nothing else hits it aside from those two moves. The Ronkan Knight needs to almost but not quite kill the first form, then Aegir's sap effect has to finish the job, bypassing the other four forms.

Yeah, the Ronkan Knight should do something in the range of like 1550 damage or so, and the sap from Rainbow Wind finishes the last 50 HP.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Kyrosiris posted:

No, Rainbow Wind is automatic hit. You are sitting there and letting the HP leak do its thing, right?

If I do nothing he continues to cast massive spells on me and does not die, if I continue to fight it doesn't even seem like the phase has progressed very far, and he does not die.

Edit: Ah does sap SPECIFICALLY have to hit in phase 1?

Edit: Alright, the correct move was to do NOTHING (defend) except the cheese move to gently caress with the game phase logic. gently caress me. Thanks guys.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 18, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Well it's more a matter of if he dies to the sap in any given phase, the fight immediately ends, because you can't counter (which a React: Death script is) dying to sap damage (or a counter-attack).

The Ronkan Knight does juuuust enough to make the sap lethal.

Cerebulon posted:

Edit: Alright, the correct move was to do NOTHING (defend) except the cheese move to gently caress with the game phase logic. gently caress me. Thanks guys.

Right, sorry it was unclear. :shobon:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 18, 2020

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

maybe my best screenshot from last night

ACAB is back baby

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Power Drink is the one that doesn't work correctly right?
Hero Cocktail still works?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Power Drink is the one that doesn't work correctly right?
Hero Cocktail still works?

Correct.

Power Drink also works if you're Goblin Punching, and adds up to +255 to your weapon's goblin punch attack value. :v:

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Opening up with a double. Had to grind a bit in the end, only had item heals also. I learned about the glory that is Guard + Cover for Shinryu from this run! (Mime, Samurai, Black Mage, Knight)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

apophenium posted:

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!
Black Trans Lives Matter

Easy triple crown this year, Lenna spent half the right as a drug-peddling frog.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Would have gone for the triple crown (And with Blue and Chem It should have been a given) but I kinda skipped past the parts where I could grind for turtle shells and dragon fangs, so I entered the void with 10 and 9 respectively :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Been a billion years since I played ff5, got ninja monk bard dragoon. I hear this is a pretty good party.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Run #3 down.

Summoner/Thief/Blue/Mystic - this poo poo was basically game breaking. Omega was still too tall of an order without some absurd grinding, but these two went down without too much problem:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

All :toxx:es up to this one:

should be in the third post. I am also reprising mine from last year. As follows:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Also, this does not apply right now, but I am also reprising my end-of-Fiesta toxx based on stats that we rack up in Discord - for every rod broken (tracked with the .break command) and every person who hits the speed trap (tracked with the .trapped command), I am chipping in two cents a rod and ten cents a speed trap, up to a combined $100.

Also got this poo poo, I had to re-fight NED to pull it off because the first time around I failed to steal like 10 times, and I had to just say gently caress it and drop the Lamptetsuken.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I'm in world 3, got the chicken knife, got some good end-game equipment, 4 ribbons, and things are looking up for my white mage, thief, dancer, bard run.

one weird thing though is sometimes I'll cast a song as bard and after he sings he'll be stuck in the casting animation for a few rounds. is there a reason for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Pyrus Malus posted:

I'm in world 3, got the chicken knife, got some good end-game equipment, 4 ribbons, and things are looking up for my white mage, thief, dancer, bard run.

one weird thing though is sometimes I'll cast a song as bard and after he sings he'll be stuck in the casting animation for a few rounds. is there a reason for this?

The Agility (Swift) , Magic (No idea what its name is, I so rarely use it unless I'm clowning on Exdeath) , Level (Hero) , and Strength (Power?) Songs will have your Bard sing until they are struck with a physical attack. The relevant stat will continue to raise when singing.