Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

spoons and fingers in it

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

spoons and fingers in it

bitchin' covid sauce

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh shi oh sh-

Ate it with the rotisserie chicken. Complements it well especially when you get to the drier part

Just want to mention that sauerkraut there is legit as hell. Naturally fermented and delicious.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

FogHelmut posted:

Just want to mention that sauerkraut there is legit as hell. Naturally fermented and delicious.

like my butt

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

PBUC I got brats and strawberry margarita.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Just FYI everyone, the Kirkland four-pack frozen pepperoni pizzas are legit.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Delpino posted:

For those of us whose churches do not have the sauce of Bitchin', we may be able to find it among the heretics. https://www.bitchinsauce.com/where-to-buy

How in the hell does my local Target have it, but neither of the 2 churches in my city???

Trip report from last week:

First time I've seen toilet paper in 3 months, and I go at least every two weeks

First time they've had steak in 2 months. Currently $16 per pound for beautiful marbled new york strip. Bought a 3 back for $60, as I had promised friends I'd treat them to dinner for a recent favor they did. It was their first time having a sous vide steak. They loved it. Made a mushroom and red wine pan sauce to drizzle on top, as one does.

24 packs of redbull currently 7 dollars off per case at $25 or so? I don't remember exactly but I did the math and it's basically half priced when compared to buying them anywhere else. Been maxing this out each trip because I'll drink them eventually, dammit.

Followed some advice in this thread and picked up a case of the kirkland brand coconut water. Good call.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just made the cauliflower rice they sell in the frozen veggie section. Add some salt and seasoning and its just like rice. Ate with my Foster Farms chicken thighs that come in the individual packs in the meat section! :D

You really can eat super healthy in Costco if you buy the right stuff!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I keep wanting to eat rice but I'm just not the biggest fan. Unless it's the white rice you get with Chinese food. I've been saying I'll make rice and beans for like 3 months but haven't done it yet. I just put the cauliflower rice on my list for my next Costco trip.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I keep wanting to eat rice but I'm just not the biggest fan. Unless it's the white rice you get with Chinese food. I've been saying I'll make rice and beans for like 3 months but haven't done it yet. I just put the cauliflower rice on my list for my next Costco trip.

The bag has 4 smaller bags and each bag is like 80 calories. So 40 calories was a big pile of it on my plate.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Minto Took posted:

Just FYI everyone, the Kirkland four-pack frozen pepperoni pizzas are legit.

The last time I bought these I found them exceptionally salty, but maybe they’re different now?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Those pizzas were perfect bachelor night dinners. I would eat half of it and then somehow slowly the second half would get eaten. I should have zazzed it up with some fresh toppings but never did.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

The last time I bought these I found them exceptionally salty, but maybe they’re different now?

vOv

Tasted less salty than the chicken ramen bowls.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Acting like ya never stuck a fingie in some peanut butter for a quick snack. Same thing!

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 18, 2020

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Afraid to go back, the corona is ramping up again. Im running out of Diet Coke

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Acting like ya never stuck a fingie in some peanut butter forba quick snack. Same thing!

yeah but they're usually mine

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah but they're usually mine

Just lil dip of the tip

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

IllegallySober posted:

Frozen pizzas in general have insane amounts of salt. I have to stop myself from buying most of them since I know I’ll eat an entire one at a time (lol at the idea of “leftover frozen pizza”). I get those Sabatasso pizza singles instead. No exactly health food either, but they’re obviously a lot smaller and I try to pair it with something healthier.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Costco cauli rice is great! I've been dieting, and we normally eat a lot of rice in my home. I sub in the Cauli rice most of the time. It goes best with heavy sauces, particular curries or stews. Throw a Tasty Bite Channa pack on top, and you're sitting pretty.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

BONGHITZ posted:

Afraid to go back, the corona is ramping up again. Im running out of Diet Coke

If your CostCo (or any store, really) is requiring masks then it is legitimately the safest shopping option out there. My local meijer (what up 23) does not require masks and it is maddening, because I have to go there for specific things that costco does not carry. A story came out of Missouri recently where 2 hairstylists had corona and had over 100+ clients, but EVERYONE had masks on, so no client actually got sick. Thats good news!

Just wear a mask and do not stand next to people, it'll be okay.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
But my freeeeeeeeedoms :froggonk:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SpartanIvy posted:

But my freeeeeeeeedoms :froggonk:

I WAS BORN IN A FREE COUNTRY THIS MORNING, WHAT Y'ALL DOING TAKING MY CART.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Acting like ya never stuck a fingie in some peanut butter for a quick snack. Same thing!

That's probably how half of my peanut butter gets eaten.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:same:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Ngl, I’ve got sticky fingers too.

Like right now because this thread made me want peanut butter.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

On a spoon, which is then dipped in the sugar bowl.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Johnny Johnny...
Yes Papa?
Eating Costco?
No Papa...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FilthyImp posted:

That seems way overly sweet. I like the spoon part, but peanut butter is just perfect on its own.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

StormDrain posted:

Those pizzas were perfect bachelor night dinners. I would eat half of it and then somehow slowly the second half would get eaten. I should have zazzed it up with some fresh toppings but never did.

I enjoyed the first one before realizing each pizza is 3,000 calories. Fine for a family of four I guess, but just as satisfying eating an entire Newman's Own Pizza at ~1,000 calories.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

I cannot fathom my local warehouse enforcing the mask policy in any way whatsoever. They took down the sign informing people that everyone must wear a mask about a week ago (I was told that it's 'because it's been long enough that everyone knows they have to wear one by now'), and now a large minority of people walk around without one, or do things like wear it down around their chin/neck, up on their forehead, or walk around with it in their hand.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

on a spoon into a cup of chocolate jello pudding

imho

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does Costco sell Peanut buttas? I've never really looked. It's been like 3 months since I've been to a Costco :smith:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

most of my giant peanut butter goes into baked goods, the best use

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Does Costco sell Peanut buttas? I've never really looked. It's been like 3 months since I've been to a Costco :smith:

Skippy for days bro.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Does peanut butter need to go in the fridge when opened? I always did but my wife says it’s not necessary. I would worry about the oils turning or whatever.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Does peanut butter need to go in the fridge when opened?

Nah. Lasts for months in my pantry. Natural stuff will have the oil separate but you just stir it back in.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Chinatown posted:

Nah. Lasts for months in my pantry. Natural stuff will have the oil separate but you just stir it back in.

Well that will free up some fridge space! Especially with the gigantic costco size tub. I accidentally got the “light” one last time too, dammit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
When Pandemania first hit we stocked up on PB&j.

But when organizing the pantry we discovered 3 PBs from the Co sitting there so we were set for months.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I think you need to get right with god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

on a spoon into a cup of chocolate jello pudding

imho

In our house, peanut butter on a spoon eaten as a snack is a Peanut Butter Lollipop, and a spoon with part pb and part Nutella is a Willy Wonka. Not sure of the origin story on that last one; it just is.