Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

astral posted:

Seems to work for me - please post your SALR Redux + Firefox version#s.

Are kbnav/gestures working fine if you don't hit the back button? Are the affected pages ones that were open from a previous browser session, or does it also happen with freshly-opened forum pages?

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I just updated to FF v.73.0.1 (64-bit) and am on SALR v.2.1.8.13a15

I closed all my tabs and windows, started a new session, and it's still happening. Kbnav/gestures works when I first go to a forum, but if I click into a thread and back out it stops. This also happens if I go back to a previous page in the thread. Everything works fine if I don't hit the back button, so I'm trying not to obviously :angel:

feller fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I recently switched from Firefox to Edge and noticed that Twitter doesn't embed on Edge. I disabled uBlock on SA. What am I missing?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

yikes! posted:

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I just updated to FF v.73.0.1 (64-bit) and am on SALR v.2.1.8.13a15

I closed all my tabs and windows, started a new session, and it's still happening. Kbnav/gestures works when I first go to a forum, but if I click into a thread and back out it stops. This also happens if I go back to a previous page in the thread. Everything works fine if I don't hit the back button, so I'm trying not to obviously :angel:

I suspect some setting you have enabled (that I have disabled) is breaking SALR at some point during that process. Can you PM me your SALR config? (configure salr -> click the grenade)

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I recently switched from Firefox to Edge and noticed that Twitter doesn't embed on Edge. I disabled uBlock on SA. What am I missing?

Twitter embeds are done by the forums, not SALR.

astral fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 14, 2020

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Could be some kind of tracking protection built into Edge.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Kassad posted:

Could be some kind of tracking protection built into Edge.

Yep, that was it. Added an exception to SA and it worked. Thanks!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

yikes! posted:

Thanks for sending me your config. I'll try to look into this when I get some time.

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

yikes! posted:

I see this happen too. My scenario where I see it is if I accidentally don't open a giant image/gif in a new tab so the whole page navigates to the image instead, and then I go back. Once I do that the page appears as normal, but keyboard navigation won't go to the next page.

If I click the button to go to the next page it starts working fine again.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

SALR 2.1.8.11 on Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (MacOS) - admin/moderator usernames are no longer being highlighted in threads, it would seem. I haven't changed anything on my end. Here's the json I'm using:

code:
{"saveUserNotes":"true","ignoreForumStarYellow":"false","showUserAvatar":"true","enableSinglePost":"true","darkNewReplies":"#99cc99","highlightOPColor":"#fff2aa","clear":"null","showLastThreePages":"false","displayNewPostsFirst":"false","enableUserNotesSync":"true","highlightModeratorColor":"#4db84d","topPurchaseBannerAd":"true","hideAdvertisements":"false","enableKeyboardShortcuts":"false","inlinePostCounts":"true","openAllUnreadLink":"true","highlightAdminColor":"#ff7256","hightlightThread":"false","topPurchaseAcc":"true","showLastThreePagesForum":"true","usernameHighlight":"#9933ff","collapseTldrQuotes":"false","quickReplyYoutube":"true","boxQuotes":"false","topGloryhole":"true","setImageTooltipHideSourceUrl":"true","highlightFriendsColor":"#f2babb","removeItem":"null","displayMods":"false","highlightFriends":"false","topSupport":"true","highlightOwnQuotes":"true","topPurchasePlat":"true","dontReplaceLinkSpoiler":"true","lightRead":"#99ccff","adjustAfterLoad":"true","quickReplySignature":"false","openAllForumUnreadLink":"true","topPurchaseEmoticon":"true","highlightThread":"true","setImageTooltipBlankOnly":"true","userNotesLocal":"null","ignoreBookmarkStarYellow":"false","darkRead":"#6699cc","salrLogoHide":"false","topPurchaseSticky":"true","displayCustomButtons":"true","hideUserGrenade":"false","highlightOP":"true","MouseActiveContext":"false","replaceLinksWithImages":"true","quickReplyLivePreview":"false","replaceImagesReadOnly":"false","bottomNavBar":"true","highlightSelfColor":"#f2babb","inlineVine":"false","quickReplyEmotes":"true","highlightModAdminUsername":"true","displayOmnibarIcon":"false","showLastThreePagesUCP":"true","topSAForums":"true","searchThreadHide":"false","topLogout":"true","showEditBookmarks":"false","getItem":"null","enableMouseUpUCP":"false","topSearch":"true","preventAdjust":"false","highlightOwnUsername":"true","dontReplaceLinkRead":"false","imageLinkHoverDelay":"0","quickReplyFormat":"true","dontReplaceLinkNWS":"true","userQuote":"#a2cd5a","fixImgurLinks":"true","usernameCase":"true","enableSOAPLink":"true","qneProtection":"false","ignoreForumStarRed":"false","whoPostedHide":"false","enableUserNotes":"false","imageLinkHover":"false","topPurchaseUsername":"true","restrictImagePxW":"800","showLastThreePagesThread":"true","fixCancer":"true","fixUserCPFont":"false","setImageTooltip":"false","removeOwnReport":"true","retinaImages":"false","postsPerPage":"default","topPurchaseArchives":"true","setImageTooltipHideExtension":"true","expandBreadcrumbs":"false","enableThreadNotes":"false","quickReplyBookmark":"false","quickReplyDisableSmilies":"false","replaceImagesWithLinks":"false","displayNewPostsFirstUCP":"true","inlineWemAutoplay":"true","dontReplaceLinkImage":"true","inlineWebm":"true","setImageTooltipSkipEmoticons":"true","dontReplaceVineSpoiler":"false","dontReplaceWebmSpoiler":"false","setItem":"null","topPurchaseAva":"true","inlineVideo":"true","ignoreBookmarkStarRed":"false","ignoreBookmarkStarGold":"false","topPurchaseGiftCert":"true","youtubeHighlight":"#ff00ff","topNavBar":"true","ignoreForumStarGold":"false","enableQuickReply":"true","hideGarbageDick":"false","quickReplyParseUrls":"true","showPurchases":"true","topPurchaseNoAds":"true","restrictImageSize":"false","key":"null","displayNewPostsFirstForum":"true","imageLinkHoverShowURL":"true","topLepersColony":"true","topSALink":"true","enableMouseGestures":"false","username":"shortspecialbus","highlightSelf":"true","topUserCP":"true","topForumRules":"true","ignoreForumStarNone":"false","displayConfigureSalr":"true","lightNewReplies":"#ccffcc","dontReplaceWebmNWS":"false","highlightModAdmin":"true","salrInitialized":"true","topPrivMsgs":"true","showNavigation":"true","dontReplaceVineNWS":"false","imageLinkHoverShowFilename":"false","topSaclopedia":"true","replaceImagesLink":"false","displayPageNavigator":"true","enableMouseMenu":"true","showUserAvatarImage":"true","threadCaching":"false","restrictImagePxH":"800","hidePostButtonInThread":"false","length":"null"}
Also the link to the thread in the "Configure SALR" is the old thread rather than this thread.

Edit: It does seem to color them sometimes but not always? I don't know? It's definitely coloring them in the thread listings, but in threads themselves it's somewhat iffy. It seems to get some mods and admins but not others, I don't know.

Edit 2: Maybe disregard this - outside of announcements, which everyone knows are a horrible mess, I can't seem to get it to reproduce it at this point. The thread link is still wrong though :shrug:

ssb fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 20, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hi, I've got a question (possibly) concerning SALR - is it still possible to link youtube videos via text as opposed to embedding them into the post? It used to be possible to do an "url" tag with a youtube address for a link to the video, but as of now - and I am sadly not sure if this an SA or SALR thing, entering a youtube link converts the "url" tag into "video". Again, my apologies if this is not an SALR feature, but is there an option that can turn this off?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

anilEhilated posted:

Hi, I've got a question (possibly) concerning SALR - is it still possible to link youtube videos via text as opposed to embedding them into the post? It used to be possible to do an "url" tag with a youtube address for a link to the video, but as of now - and I am sadly not sure if this an SA or SALR thing, entering a youtube link converts the "url" tag into "video". Again, my apologies if this is not an SALR feature, but is there an option that can turn this off?

There's a forums option (under thread view options) to disable embedded videos, and a separate SALR option (under thread options) to convert youtube links to an inline player.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Helter Skelter posted:

There's a forums option (under thread view options) to disable embedded videos, and a separate SALR option (under thread options) to convert youtube links to an inline player.
After getting them unticked (SALR) and saying "no" (forum) there is no more embedded player (thank you for that), but the linking issue remains - when I try to link a video, the URL tag still gets converted to VIDEO upon pasting the link. The result is a link like this (warning, ancient cat meme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw&t=1s as opposed to a link like this.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm able to do it by not using quick reply and right click + paste, which may be a workaround at least.

Like this

Amp fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 1, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
For some bizarre reason, video links format themselves differently depending upon whether you ctr-c/ctrl-v or by right clicking and pasting the link via the context menu.

It looks like this in the post box:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 1, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Megillah Gorilla posted:

For some bizarre reason, video links format themselves differently depending upon whether you ctr-c/ctrl-v or by right clicking and pasting the link via the context menu.

It looks like this in the post box:

the 'bizarre' reason is so that you can get the embed or not depending on if you want it or not

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That solves the problem, thanks!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

In Chrome SALR, is there (or could there be) an option to automatically expand timg into the full size (limited to whatever size wouldn't break tables, similar to how normal img tags work now? A lot of people timg stuff in the comic strip thread and it gets tedious to have to constantly click them.

If there is an existing option for this, I apologize, but I can't find it!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

In Chrome SALR, is there (or could there be) an option to automatically expand timg into the full size (limited to whatever size wouldn't break tables, similar to how normal img tags work now? A lot of people timg stuff in the comic strip thread and it gets tedious to have to constantly click them.

I think someone posted a user stylesheet or script that does something like this before, though I don't remember which thread that may have been. It's not an SALR option.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

shortspecialbus posted:

The way I did it was to go to Stylus > Write new style for forums.somethingawful.com and then put this into the stylesheet:

code:
.timg {
    width: 100% !important;
    height: 100% !important;
}

blockquote .timg {
    width: 15% !important;
    height: 15% !important;
}
With just the .timg code it also expanded everything in quotes, which made the comics thread massive (since folks quote comics to yell at them). I don't know how the forums actually shrink thumbnails so I just did 15%, it seems to look fine but you can adjust as you see fit.

Unfortunately this breaks the ability to expand timg's in blockquotes, but if there's a way to do this with :not(blockquote) instead I couldn't figure it out.

Everett False fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 28, 2020

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I just downloaded the firefox SALR and I'm glad to have it back. The old version used to let you hide forums you weren't interested in seeing from the dropdown. Is that an option anymore?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Crossposting from the Technical Thread, this seems to be a SALR issue:

Stare-Out posted:

Pasting (both CTRL+V and right click -> paste) a direct link to a playlist gives you this in the reply field
code:
[video type="youtube"]playlist[/video]

The link itself is like this
code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=XXXXXXXXX

The X's being the chosen playlist.

E: Just realized it's SALR. :doh: Specifically the "Enable auto-formatting of image and youtube pastes" option which can't diffrentiate between video and playlist links.

It only seems to affect the quick reply box, though. Going to SA's own reply form formats the link as-is.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

It only seems to affect the quick reply box, though. Going to SA's own reply form formats the link as-is.

SALR holds a copy of some of that functionality from the forums; it probably just needs some of the same updates that were applied to the main forums JS. This ends up being a little more annoying than it sounds because the forums JS at some point turned into a maintenance nightmare where edits were done directly to the minified code.

Oddly, that feature doesn't seem to working on Firefox SALR to begin with despite having that option enabled so that's another bug to look into.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Okay, cool. I only noticed this issue fairly recently (and just chalked it up to somehting I was doing wrong) so it probably does have something to do with the changes to the forums themselves of late.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Okay, cool. I only noticed this issue fairly recently (and just chalked it up to somehting I was doing wrong) so it probably does have something to do with the changes to the forums themselves of late.

It's ultimately my own fault; I submitted some fixes for the forums JS youtube link parsing a while back, but I didn't remember that SALR held a copy and would need those fixes, too. :shobon:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hah, welp. :haw: It's easy to see how this snuck under the radar though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

This is fixed in Firefox SALR version 2.1.8.13a16, which is currently 18/18 in queue.

edit: And it's out! Here's a friendly reminder that things will break in opened SA tabs until you reload them.

astral fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 7, 2020

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sweet, thanks!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Version 2.1.8.14 is now out for Firefox!

• Improvements to quick quote pasted link tagging (never see the forums break a pasted Wikipedia URL on the parentheses again!)
  • Mod/Admin highlighting now detects mods and admins in threads! This means :siren:new admins will actually be tracked:siren:

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

astral posted:

Version 2.1.8.14 is now out for Firefox!

• Improvements to quick quote pasted link tagging (never see the forums break a pasted Wikipedia URL on the parentheses again!)
  • Mod/Admin highlighting now detects mods and admins in threads! This means :siren:new admins will actually be tracked:siren:

Nice! But the quick reply window's live preview doesn't work when quoting your message. The quote tags don't parse.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Nalin posted:

Nice! But the quick reply window's live preview doesn't work when quoting your message. The quote tags don't parse.

I'll test it with the old version a little later to see if it's a regression or just an older bug. I have no doubts the quick preview has a few of those still kicking around.

e: Also, forgot to mention that a future improvement will eventually see about detecting IKs or the newer Super Moderator role; the admin/mod detection in threads was just a quick "why wasn't it detecting admins?!" type thing.

astral fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 16, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Version 2.1.8.15 is now out for Firefox!

• Fix new sort-threadlist-by-creation-date link on forums triggering SALR's "open unread threads" feature, if enabled.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is the Chrome version being worked on anymore?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Is the Chrome version being worked on anymore?

Yes! It's a shared codebase, and so far everything changed should be an improvement rather than a regression for the Chrome version.

The Firefox version still has some issues like 'posted-in-thread-tracking is using a storage backend that exists in Chrome but not Firefox' and 'Firefox fundamentally loads content scripts differently so extension updates are extremely annoying', and that's part of why I had been calling it alpha-quality until recently, but I think we've reached the point of "whatever, that's just how it's been."

If you'd like to test things before the next official release for Chrome, you can download the repository zip, unzip it somewhere, enable developer mode in Chrome's extensions tab, and then load the "extension" folder unpacked. Chrome will nag you about it each launch until you disable it, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK. I wasn't sure since the last update was listed as being in 2016 on the Chrome Store Page, and I didn't want to report a bug if it wasn't being worked on.

Under Header/Footer Link Display Options > Display Navigation menu links, I have Something Awful unchecked, but it still shows up.

It's working right in Firefox, but in Chrome, the link to somethingawful.com still appears between SA Forums and Search the Forums.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

OK. I wasn't sure since the last update was listed as being in 2016 on the Chrome Store Page, and I didn't want to report a bug if it wasn't being worked on.

Under Header/Footer Link Display Options > Display Navigation menu links, I have Something Awful unchecked, but it still shows up.

It's working right in Firefox, but in Chrome, the link to somethingawful.com still appears between SA Forums and Search the Forums.

Just tested Chrome against the github version and hiding the link to somethingawful.com works, so it looks like it's among the things that were fixed since the previous Chrome SALR release. Look forward to it working in the next Chrome SALR release.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

astral posted:

Just tested Chrome against the github version and hiding the link to somethingawful.com works, so it looks like it's among the things that were fixed since the previous Chrome SALR release. Look forward to it working in the next Chrome SALR release.

Sounds good. Thanks for all the hard work on SALR!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
New version submitted for review for Chrome. Going to spend some proper time this week trying to automate releases to both Chrome and Firefox channels to make it easier to keep things in-sync with each other.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

New version submitted for review for Chrome. Going to spend some proper time this week trying to automate releases to both Chrome and Firefox channels to make it easier to keep things in-sync with each other.

Likewise submitted (and approved) for Firefox!

:siren: New in 2.2.0 for Firefox: super moderators will now be properly detected and highlighted by the moderator-highlighting option.

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Hum, the Something Awful Last Read Redux Button stopped working for me today. Gives me the message that I am supposed to visit a thread to populate the list.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Scuttle_SE posted:

Hum, the Something Awful Last Read Redux Button stopped working for me today. Gives me the message that I am supposed to visit a thread to populate the list.

If SALR (Chrome) updated to 2.2.0, you can uninstall the separate button extension and start using the button from SALR itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

So with the default forums(no SALR) there is now a way to search smilies by tags, is that a function we could get added to the Quick Reply window?