Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

They also talked about the future of the Band of Boobs on the Hearthside Chat. For anyone who doesn't listen to those, they're planning to release Bahumia-based episodes on the last Thursday of every month, with different guest DMs doing mini campaigns and one-shots. The settings will be whatever the DM wants, without any need for continuity or canon. Murph will be a PC (probably Balnor). I'm definitely on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I feel like Murph wouldn't have mentioned Lou Wilson specifically unless there was already something arranged, which is exciting to me.

Also, Crown of Candy still great.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

An insane amount of effort in this video, every crit and nat 20 in the campaign

https://youtu.be/gblp-KaG7xU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Just shy of four hours. Wow.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

trinivale is really really good, i love Jens' status becoming so low that it looped around and became high again

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

trinivale is really really good, i love Jens' status becoming so low that it looped around and became high again

Yeah I'll admit it took me a little while to warm up to it but now I really enjoy it, mostly to hear Murph play a shitboi PC. I loved the soulless, dead-eyed shark smile during all the reality TV show stuff, and how quickly he agreed to kill Onyx if she seemed like she was going to turn against them

Not to mention all the stepdad Ron hallucinating poo poo which has been hilarious. Gives me very strong McElroy boy vibes

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I was just about to ask if Trinyvale is worth listening to. I gave the first episode a shot, but found it confusing to keep track of with the "main" show and stopped.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I was just about to ask if Trinyvale is worth listening to. I gave the first episode a shot, but found it confusing to keep track of with the "main" show and stopped.

It took me a while to get into it but I love it now. The game of status between the players is so so good. Emily and Jake are very good at portraying their characters in a way in which in-fiction, they hold Brian's character in high esteem, but outside of the game, are just running circles around him in a way that he is powerless to stop

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Yeah, it took me a few episodes to really grow to love Trinyvale, but it's great.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah, it's totally worth it -- Caldwell's a lot more down to clown and says yes to practically everything all the time, so it's more comic at basically all times. But there's a surprising amount of pathos while also being even funnier than the main campaign

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

eke out posted:

Yeah, it's totally worth it -- Caldwell's a lot more down to clown and says yes to practically everything all the time, so it's more comic at basically all times. But there's a surprising amount of pathos while also being even funnier than the main campaign

On Shenanigans

Murph: "Jesus... Okay, roll me acrobatics with disadvantage."
Caldwell: "Haha, oh man, I love it - acrobatics with advantage!"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Just caught up on Trinyvale and I’m digging it, Caldwell lets them goof around a lot more but it works and Murphy’s Jens is just perfection

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm on Episode 5 and it's kinda fun, feels really disjointed though.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Zac Oyama is doing protest fundraising.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/chmurph/status/1268600960584056832?s=20

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1270081711624216577

people have spent literally thousands of dollars to give bullywogs and gnomes extra lives in this competition already

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1270081711624216577

people have spent literally thousands of dollars to give bullywogs and gnomes extra lives in this competition already

this is ridiculous

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

this is ridiculous

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't know if these get put up on VODs but if they do, you should all watch it, because maybe it's just because the edible is kicking in, but the dryad vs crabster fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't know if these get put up on VODs but if they do, you should all watch it, because maybe it's just because the edible is kicking in, but the dryad vs crabster fight was one of the funniest things I've ever seen

I wasn’t high and it was still hilarious

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Swarm of Rats forever

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Just got to the Feywilds. The crew immediately committing a spree killing on arrival, vandalizing a house, and then responding to getting called out for doing so by committing a genocide was a bit too chaotic psycho.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Looks like there's a VOD of monster madness--at 4 hours it is even longer than the finale, but it was a wild ride, worth putting on in the background if you have time. i'm still thinking about those goodberries

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/645404872?fbclid=IwAR1_Yucp6_1RPmHLbfFXpiy-QbQ1lWjcZVk4yypCyT4sAcsuVrvF-2IGoNo

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

lol, the monster madness stream owns. The stupid pony won the magical lottery less than ten minutes ago and the crowd already hate him for being rich.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 9, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think one of my favorite things of the stream was watching murph slowly realize in horror that he hosed up the rules of the tournament and was going to have to choose between streaming for 8 hours and dishonoring the requests of people who donated $1,000 to resurrect a gnome or a pile of ooze

Fortunately a kind philanthropist (some say jake) saved us all

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in today's podcast they talk at length about how they're working with the studio that did later alligator and their game is actively in development as a 2.5d paper mario-esque style adventure

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm not caught up yet, but I would like to thank this thread for introducing me to 8 Bit Book Club and also curse Caldwell for claiming to be a Metal Gear Solid lore expert when he didn't even know the words to Snake Eater

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

RandomFerret posted:

I'm not caught up yet, but I would like to thank this thread for introducing me to 8 Bit Book Club and also curse Caldwell for claiming to be a Metal Gear Solid lore expert when he didn't even know the words to Snake Eater

I wish they'd make new episodes of this every once in a while, and I'm incredibly disappointed that the final stream they did of the Metal City book didn't get saved anywhere.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

They're finally doing the Tomb of Horrors, and it's streamed this Saturday. gently caress yes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

seaborgium posted:

They're finally doing the Tomb of Horrors, and it's streamed this Saturday. gently caress yes.

Will Binky Fiasco be there

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the bit of the villain in trinyvale is so good

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Ainsley McTree posted:

Will Binky Fiasco be there

They did not say, only that the boobs would be going through it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
"Wearing a Marlboro visor is stolen valor. You didn't smoke those cigarettes."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1273761330797744128?s=20

Oh gently caress me it's 12 hours long. I want to watch the whole thing but probably not that badly

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://twitter.com/NADDPod/status/1273761330797744128?s=20

Oh gently caress me it's 12 hours long. I want to watch the whole thing but probably not that badly

I like that they finally just assumed they would take forever and gave themselves a lot of time for it.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh my god, the tomb of horrors stream.

:ohdear:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I watched the whole thing. It was worth it. Especially the last 20 minutes

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I didn't listen because there's no way I was staying up for the whole 12 hours and I didn't want to jump in in the middle but I'll be listening to the VOD over the next two weeks or so while it's up: https://twitch.tv/656727215

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Just popping into this thread to say i mimic Murph and his “Jeeesuus” and I don’t know why but it makes me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

Just popping into this thread to say i mimic Murph and his “Jeeesuus” and I don’t know why but it makes me laugh

I do this, too. Along with Brennan’s “INN-credible.”