Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And we have our first official look at our upcoming fourth Healin Good member Asumi/Cure Earth, as well as confirming that she is indeed older than the rest of the team:

Source: https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001005662660/

Her element is apparently air/wind according to her roll call and earlier toy listings. Still not entirely sure what that or the color purple has to do with Earth but I’m assuming there will be some kind of in-show explanation for all this.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the Sailor Moon Eternal movie has been delayed until January:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...uary-11/.160770

Eh, we’ve already waited about 3 years already so what’s one more.

Though personally I think they should just combine the movies into one and knock the entire Dream arc out at once (after all the sooner they get to Stars the sooner they can move on to something new or at the very least finally let this franchise die in peace).

That said, I wouldn’t at all be opposed to an anime adaptation of Codename Sailor V one day.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

So apparently the French sub of Futari wa Precure is... pretty bad between poor video quality and some really weird translation choices. So that's a shame. I dunno why official Precure subs always end up being so poor quality.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

So apparently the French sub of Futari wa Precure is... pretty bad between poor video quality and some really weird translation choices. So that's a shame. I dunno why official Precure subs always end up being so poor quality.

Are they literally just translating from the Crunchyroll version or is it somehow even worse than that (because I’m pretty sure DVD/BD masters of that season exist by now)?

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Larryb posted:

Are they literally just translating from the Crunchyroll version or is it somehow even worse than that (because I’m pretty sure DVD/BD masters of that season exist by now)?

The translation appears to be a weird mix of the old dub (yes, dub) and the sub. Also for some reason they are "Black Cure" and "White Cure".

And yeah even though the season has been on DVD for years it looks like they're using the really old CR version. :shrug:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

The translation appears to be a weird mix of the old dub (yes, dub) and the sub. Also for some reason they are "Black Cure" and "White Cure".

And yeah even though the season has been on DVD for years it looks like they're using the really old CR version. :shrug:

Wait, there was a French dub of Futari? I know they got one for the HeartCatch movie that was only aired once at some convention but I’m not sure about the other seasons

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Larryb posted:

Wait, there was a French dub of Futari? I know they got one for the HeartCatch movie that was only aired once at some convention but I’m not sure about the other seasons

No, sorry, I meant they are keeping aspects of the English dub for some reason. For example they changed Marble Screw to Marble Twister.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

No, sorry, I meant they are keeping aspects of the English dub for some reason. For example they changed Marble Screw to Marble Twister.

Ah ok, well to be fair the Futari dub was probably the best of the three (though that’s not saying much).

So are the main characters still Nagisa and Honoka in that case or are they translated to Natalie and Hannah in the subs?

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Larryb posted:

Ah ok, well to be fair the Futari dub was probably the best of the three (though that’s not saying much).

So are the main characters still Nagisa and Honoka in that case or are they translated to Natalie and Hannah in the subs?

I should note that I don't speak French so I'm just passing on what a French speaking acquaintance posted on twitter. Apparently they kept the character names intact (for the most part, some of them are spelled differently) but changed up some other words for no apparent reason. This person only watched the first episode (you need a subscription to the website for the rest) but they were not impressed with it overall.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Futari Wa's cursed oversea's release continues :(

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Toei has officially confirmed that One Piece and Digimon will be returning on the 28th so it stands to reason that Healin Good likely will be coming back the same day or at least won’t be too far behind (the most recent episode is slated to be rerun this weekend after all).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 19, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Cure Earth’s VA has been officially revealed:

https://twitter.com/OshieteHibiki/status/1273984282977906695

There’s also a huge amount of Cure Earth-related pictures and merch coming out all of a sudden so I think it’s safe to say that Healin Good returning next weekend is basically all but confirmed at this point.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 19, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toei's being super open about the mid-season cure and that's either because of the delay or because we're going to get some twist on how she becomes the cure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Toei's being super open about the mid-season cure and that's either because of the delay or because we're going to get some twist on how she becomes the cure

Considering the sheer amount of Cure Earth stuff we’re getting all of a sudden I wonder if this means she’ll be showing up earlier than the writers likely originally planned.

Also I just realized that Cure Earth has been in the OP since day one. At one point there’s a shot of a transparent angelic figure, take a close look at her headgear.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 19, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It also appears our new addition will be called Fuurin Asumi:

I believe Fuurin means “wind chime” while Asumi is a double pun (“Asu” is both the Japanese pronunciation of “Earth” as well as a word meaning “Tomorrow”)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also it’s confirmed now, Healin Good will officially resume on June 28th:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Larryb posted:

That said, I wouldn’t at all be opposed to an anime adaptation of Codename Sailor V one day.

Yeah I'd really like to see Sailor V get adapted.

I missed all the video game chat but it's kind of sad Precure just has minigame collections and stuff for games, when Sailor Moon got a full on RPG for the SNES and a bunch of fighting games too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I'd really like to see Sailor V get adapted.

I missed all the video game chat but it's kind of sad Precure just has minigame collections and stuff for games, when Sailor Moon got a full on RPG for the SNES and a bunch of fighting games too.

Yeah, from what I understand aside from the now defunct mobile puzzle game the last “normal” Precure game was a 2D beat em up for the DS based on Max Heart (though the Yes 5 GoGo game does apparently have some simplified Street Fighter-esque boss fights).

Which is a shame honestly because a fighting game (or even an RPG) would actually be perfect for this particular franchise in my opinion.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

It doesn't surprise me because Sailor Moon is aimed at an older demographic than Precure is. A Precure game for "older fans" would be nice but I see it as unlikely because it's really the My Little Pony or Care Bears of magical girls. Which is fine with me, that's why it's my favorite one.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The last demo breakdown had the second largest market be adult woman so they could probably market say a Futari Wa game to them but also I like Precure too much to have just an average licensed game or even worse some of the stuff that passed for games in the 8 bit/16 bit era

Also next episode preview was for episode 13 so Precure is back

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

It doesn't surprise me because Sailor Moon is aimed at an older demographic than Precure is. A Precure game for "older fans" would be nice but I see it as unlikely because it's really the My Little Pony or Care Bears of magical girls. Which is fine with me, that's why it's my favorite one.

Which is sort of ironic considering Precure has a lot more physical combat than your average magical girl series and can go into some pretty dark territory at times (Sailor Moon still has it beat in that regard of course but by kids show standards Precure has come pretty close every now and then)

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The last demo breakdown had the second largest market be adult woman so they could probably market say a Futari Wa game to them but also I like Precure too much to have just an average licensed game or even worse some of the stuff that passed for games in the 8 bit/16 bit era

Also next episode preview was for episode 13 so Precure is back

Next Saturday to be exact, I mentioned it a few posts above.

As for games, aside from the aforementioned mobile game there hasn’t been a Precure game released period since Hugtto so who knows when/if they’ll ever give it another shot.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 21, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And here’s some official confirmation of Healin Good’s return next week straight from Toei’s website:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, it appears the second ED for Healin Good will be sung by Cure Sword herself Kanako Miyamoto:

The song itself is called “Everybody⭐Healing Day!“

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I wonder when it'll show up. If it shows up now, wouldn't that confirm it's a shortened season?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

I wonder when it'll show up. If it shows up now, wouldn't that confirm it's a shortened season?

Most likely around the same time Cure Earth does is my guess (which is probably in a couple weeks at this rate).

But yeah, unless they suddenly decide to give the show an extension and therefore bump the 2021 season back a month or two we’re probably looking at the shortest Precure series in history at maybe about 43-44 episodes total (give or take that is).

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This week's episode of Kirameiger ended with a preview of their Sixth Ranger blatantly being advertised for next week. So once we're past whatever they had animated/planned out for Healin' Good I imagine Earth will show up quickly herself, not that that's a surprise at this point.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

This week's episode of Kirameiger ended with a preview of their Sixth Ranger blatantly being advertised for next week. So once we're past whatever they had animated/planned out for Healin' Good I imagine Earth will show up quickly herself, not that that's a surprise at this point.

Considering we’ve suddenly been getting a deluge of pictures and merch regarding her lately (as well as Toei publicly revealing her VA) that wouldn’t surprise me, yeah.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Keep in mind that we're usually around the time stuff like this gets announced anyway for toy sales so it's not a sign that things have been cut or sped up (though I do want to see the episode previews which should give us an idea if there has been some cuts or if things have been sped up).

Although anything to do with this season will probably have it hanging over it even if things change or don't change

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There is some precedent though (I think Suite at least lost an episode or two from its original run on account of the earthquake) and unlike most of Toei’s other animated shows Precure is basically on the same strict timetable Sentai and Kamen Rider are.

Speaking of, I wonder if this show will wind up getting a retool like Suite did to make things a bit more lighthearted (though in this case there’s only so much you can do to get around the main premise of the series).

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Larryb posted:

In other news, it appears the second ED for Healin Good will be sung by Cure Sword herself Kanako Miyamoto:

The song itself is called “Everybody⭐Healing Day!“

she also sang Shubidubi Sweets Time (ED2 for Kira Kira) and I think some others that I'm forgetting

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

she also sang Shubidubi Sweets Time (ED2 for Kira Kira) and I think some others that I'm forgetting

Apart from Makoto’s in-show songs did she do any of the music for DokiDoki?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So hey in whats probably another attempt to get our hopes up and it will lead to nothing but.....

https://twitter.com/PassionTentacle/status/1275226548623282177

and also Miles (From Crunchyroll) liking this tweet today https://twitter.com/Real_Kilometers/status/857696387525259264

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Considering the fact that at the moment nobody holds the rights to dub Precure in the west (I recently learned that Hasbro only owns the original Glitter Force/Smile Precure and nothing else), another official subbed release at least would be nice (and hopefully it’d be a better quality upload than Futari was).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One thing that may point to this having more smoke to it than normal is the idea that both Precure and Kamen Rider really don't have a lot of room to grow sales wise in Japan and seeing how big DBZ is with overseas sales may end up getting those released even if they probably won't reach those levels

But I'll believe it's released when it's announced and on the service given the same song and dance has happened before

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Tweet from CR tomorrow. "Good news, Pretty Cure fans! Every episode of the first season is available to watch on our website!"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

blossommirage posted:

Tweet from CR tomorrow. "Good news, Pretty Cure fans! Every episode of the first season is available to watch on our website!"

Please

we'll get an updated translation (and the same video quality)

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"We fixed the subs to correctly reflect that their names are Natalia Blackstone and Hannah Whitehouse."

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Healing Good on Crunchyroll yoooo

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1275458919423303680?s=19

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's labelled healin' good pretty cure, not glitter force

presumably no name changes/alterations (which i mean makes sense its a simulsub, but)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm legit shocked and happy

Please watch and support