Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Phantasmo

https://twitter.com/Ashrnova/status/1273738120412962817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well holy poo poo on ELP

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

is ELP a run of the mill dickhead or an actual predator?

I know it's kinda lovely to differentiate the two but as a survivor of assault I do think a distinction is important.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I classed him as creep on the shitlist

Mod Edit:

Removed link due to far too many reasons to count why it was a bad idea to do something like this, also due to below quote:

coconono posted:

Yeah I’m thinking of scrapping the project all together. I’m clearly not qualified to maintain or participate like I’d originally imagined.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 19, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tyler Bate
James R Kennedy

https://twitter.com/GingerFish19/status/1273752860329750528

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
At this rate Thomas Santell is gonna be the only guy you can book with a clean conscience

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

At this rate Thomas Santell is gonna be the only guy you can book with a clean conscience

if something comes out about the SCHADENGRAPS boys, ZSJ or Daniel Makabe I will lose my poo poo completely

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, good to have at least two categories imo, "Creep" and "Abuser" work, maybe "loving Rapist" if serious assault/rape allegations come out

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I legitimately can't parse any of her tweets about this at all. What is she saying he did?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

I legitimately can't parse any of her tweets about this at all. What is she saying he did?

at most being verbally abusive

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AKI_Evolution/status/1273756273083920390?s=20
https://twitter.com/AKI_Evolution/status/1273756458170056710?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 19, 2020

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I'm having a hard time following too.

I think she's saying he took advantage of her for publicity and was a jerk when she didn't provide it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: oops

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Deleted by request

Rarity fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 19, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

smarxist posted:

Yeah, good to have at least two categories imo, "Creep" and "Abuser" work, maybe "loving Rapist" if serious assault/rape allegations come out

I have creep and rapist right now

I will probably make more categories to make it more granular. But the point is DONOT SuPOort

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I'm not seeing the connection here to the others, its not accusing anything beyond trying and failing to hit on women. Is it skeevy yes but like there isnt any actual abuse even implied.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Rarity posted:

Godammit

I'm sorry, would you mind deleting that quote? I shouldn't have said anything sorry

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Suede Thompson

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it... seems like he was being a creep? not to be an rear end in a top hat but if she's going to call herself "one of the most respected pw journalist" it would be... a slightly easier read?

If she's saying ECCC harbors predators I'm wondering if anything will come out about "Ravenous" Randy Meyers who wears shirts saying "consent is sexy" and kisses people during his entrance. I've heard from multiple folks that he doesn't ask for consent beforehand.

Dino from DDT doesn't get permission before smooching people either from what I've seen; I was sat at a DDT show and he kissed the dude I was with (who, two nights later, turned out to be a loving rapist so that was sure a great way to tar my entire trip to Tokyo because what the hell are you going to do when you're in a different country and also have dealt with a "well you were drunk" from cops in the United States)

People seem to laugh it off with Danshoku Dino and idk if it's a cultural difference or what.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Myers asks consent beforehand. He once came to kiss me and while I consented (nodded) I didn't explicitly say I was ok with the kiss so he passed me up. I asked him about it after the show.

e: granted that doesn't mean he didn't obtain consent other times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adrian "Lionheart" McCallum
https://twitter.com/GingerFish19/status/1273756700370243585

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is a lot of extra work but you might want to copy/paste a snap of the tweets/accusations you're linking in the doc cuz many accounts might deactivate/lock or delete them

if you can just copy/paste right into the cell next to it and have the image chill there, that'd probably work (or an imgur link)

edit:
also if the person has a big enough fanbase, sometimes they can mass report the victim into being suspended, love twitter/the algorithm

smarxist fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 19, 2020

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lid posted:

I'm not seeing the connection here to the others, its not accusing anything beyond trying and failing to hit on women. Is it skeevy yes but like there isnt any actual abuse even implied.
Yeah Tyler is known for cheating, definitely needs called out before it gets worse imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I'm sorry, would you mind deleting that quote? I shouldn't have said anything sorry

Of course, done

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like this Jeff dude’s heart is in the right place but equating guys trying to hook up with his wife with actual abuse and sexual assault is really not helping anyone here.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just saw the thing about Cornette’s wife as well.... I feel like that’s the sort of thing that would have come out or been hinted at before, has it been?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

triplexpac posted:

I just saw the thing about Cornette’s wife as well.... I feel like that’s the sort of thing that would have come out or been hinted at before, has it been?

It's been an "open secret" for many years but nothing has ever come of it

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Rarity posted:

Of course, done

Thank you. I hope it all comes out one day but other than privately warning my friends about that person I don't feel comfortable putting it out in public under my own name w/o actual first hand witnesses saying something first.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Someone might want to check that old geocities/angelfire Filth List.

e: Maybe Jim's wife is the rat that Jericho and Lance wouldn't gently caress.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like this Jeff dude’s heart is in the right place but equating guys trying to hook up with his wife with actual abuse and sexual assault is really not helping anyone here.

I'm super uncomfortable with it, to be honest. Does it suck? Yes. Does hitting on people equate as assault? Absolutely not. I mentioned one of my experiences just a few posts ago and there's no loving way I would compare it to the time a wrestler tried for it and went "oh. k" when it didn't work. Being extra pushy after the no, sure, but run of the mill hitting on? 4/5ths of the world would be cancelled.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Joey Janela has definitely alluded to it in the past

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Bruce Prichard has alluded to it on his podcast, apparently.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No wonder wife was so friendly to me.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yeah the ovw hot tub parties were always an open rumor. it was mostly handwaved off as "swinging" for the longest time

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brandon Stroud got his start pretending to be a woman, so I'm not really shocked he's a creeper.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the escape goat posted:

I'm super uncomfortable with it, to be honest. Does it suck? Yes. Does hitting on people equate as assault? Absolutely not. I mentioned one of my experiences just a few posts ago and there's no loving way I would compare it to the time a wrestler tried for it and went "oh. k" when it didn't work. Being extra pushy after the no, sure, but run of the mill hitting on? 4/5ths of the world would be cancelled.

the public used to be really dumb about this but obviously the past few years have sharpened everyone up a tick, so, someone who only has stories about maybe being an aggressive flirt or trying to hit on other people's women will typically just skate on by but be known as the assholes they are

then again, there are a lot of instances where people knowingly abuse a disparity in power dynamics to take something from another person and nobody but the person who gets taken from and a few "woke" people acknowledge is a type of abuse, like in general wrestlers should probably avoid interaction with fans beyond photos and chats, but good luck telling any famous performer that

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
You now have to think - "how many of Cornette's grudges stem from that individual refusing to eat out his wife?"

:russo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Another one against Joey Ryan
https://twitter.com/ExposeWrestling/status/1273761997595836416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Not helped by Lionheart is sacred in BritWres and also you know died relatively recently. Its one of those reaches that can undercut the entire argument.