Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TLoU 1 Ending and DLC spoilers

I think she would be pretty hosed up by the notion that Joel killed several dozen people to rescue her who were more or less innocent, and may well not even have known what the story was with their superiors euthanizing a 14-year-old girl. But it's easy to see how they'd choose to kill her for any chance to escape the several years of hell they had been through thus far to the point where it was the only world people Ellie's age even knew. With so many people dying horribly to the point where Ellie even comments in the DLC how rare a natural death is, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would happily kill a single person painlessly and non-violently for a chance to return to better times even if they're not bloodthirsty gang murderers.

It does seem likely she wasn't informed of anything, since when she regains consciousness in Joel's car she has no idea why she's wearing a hospital gown. Although the fact that she was in one and they left under mysterious circumstances probably tips her off that something bad went down. And as mentioned above, her behaviour when they were close to the hospital lends credence to the idea that she was expecting to die.

Even if she initially buys Joel's story, she must eventually get wise to the fact that no one else she meets is immune, which she surely would if dozens made it to that hospital as Joel claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

univbee posted:

TLoU 1 Ending and DLC spoilers

any sympathy the Fireflies may have had from me died when the sentry rifle butted Joel in the head when he was performing CPR. Marlene says something like "Maybe it was fate--we find you just in time to save her" and I was just thinking "the only reason you needed to save her was because your soldiers almost killed her by knocking out the guy trying to revive her" and then it just got worse from there

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hope we get to kill more fireflys in the last of us part II, out friday.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

hope we get to kill more fireflys in the last of us part II, out friday.

Which will be the stronger tearjerker?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
game as sweet reversible cover

probably not the uk right? i got the steelbook version on the way anyway (which i saw someone do a unboxing and saw the back and .......i think they are implying something with it :eyepop: best not look that up) but i kinda like that cover way better.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

univbee posted:

Which will be the stronger tearjerker?

i actually havent seen this movie, i keep meaning to and his other work but im not a big anime guy so i havent rushed out to get it. even tho i know its not exactly anime.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

i actually havent seen this movie, i keep meaning to and his other work but im not a big anime guy so i havent rushed out to get it. even tho i know its not exactly anime.

It's good but hooooly poo poo is the movie sad as gently caress. Most people who watch it are left an absolute blubbering mess at the end of it. So if you're going to watch it make sure you plan around this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

Nice

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Good. I hate the growling Ellie cover.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

If you consider that real life epilogue play they did, Ellie doesn't seem distant from Joel and that maybe she's over it. Unless she's got her feelings about it bottled up.

It was called Last of Us One Night Live.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Good. I hate the growling Ellie cover.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

what difficulty is everyone starting on? i think i might actually go full survivor first go, really enjoyed no listening mode in 1, the intense feeling of it all was fantastic. i've been hearing normal is too easy too, so i might try survivor for awhile and if poo poo is too intense then drop to hard.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

what difficulty is everyone starting on? i think i might actually go full survivor first go, really enjoyed no listening mode in 1, the intense feeling of it all was fantastic. i've been hearing normal is too easy too, so i might try survivor for awhile and if poo poo is too intense then drop to hard.

Hard, like the first one. Saving Survivor for if I want a repeat down the line.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Normal here, I don’t mind the game being a bit easy the first time through.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Whichever you choose, it's been reported that all difficulty levels have listening mode this time round so it's up to you to self regulate its use.

I'll probably play one step up from normal, whatever is called.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I'll probably play on hard. I've only ever played the hardest difficulty on Uncharted, and even then it was with the cheats for various weapons and infinite ammo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Friendly Fire posted:

Whichever you choose, it's been reported that all difficulty levels have listening mode this time round so it's up to you to self regulate its use.

I'll probably play one step up from normal, whatever is called.

If that's the case I'm sure they'll add one without at a later date.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

hmm might play on hard... tough decisions. i can see grounded having listening mode disabled. and if its like the first game you can turn it off anyway.

no listening mode made that boss fight late game and the whole end section in 1 intense as hell, was sweet. then again i hear the AI is really good in 2 so maybe LM is required.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 18, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was gonna play on normal and then do it on the hardest shortly after, but I think I'm just gonna go whole hog and do the hardest mode because that's what I enjoyed the most and I don't have a shortage of free time right now. The only thing I worry about is that it'll make me fall way behind on the discussion, so I'm a bit on the fence, because I'm gonna want to talk about the game and I don't want everyone lapping me while I try an encounter 10 times before beating it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Well, one day away...7 years was a long wait

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well, one day away...7 years was a long wait

planning on tearing into it in like five hours. bless digital distribution

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

it's an unloaded cap gun don't worry

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
yawn

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

not gonna lie, im kinda dreading the dog stuff, since thats all i've heard about all week. i hope it isnt has bad as they make out and you can metal gear them easy enough.

kinda worried with how bust rodd in ps4 thread is gonna handle it all given his job reveal the other day.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did he reveal his job to be a tedious shitposter?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fame Douglas posted:

Your contribution to this thread is this post and "yawn"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Your contribution to this thread is this post and "yawn"

Did anyone ask for your opinion?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

Did anyone ask for your opinion?

No, mom, I suppose they didn't.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

He's a dogsitter.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

C'mon, y'all, let's not fight. We've been waiting a long time for this game. And I'm gonna be waiting even longer for Factions II :eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

planning on tearing into it in like five hours. bless digital distribution

Lucky, I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for keeping a chill atmosphere up in here, my goons, this thread might start moving way faster than I can control in the next 12 hours, so if you members of chillgoon crew catch people being huge assholes or breaking thread rules please hmu in the PS4 thread, PM VideoGames, or just report the posts. If poo poo gets super toxic for whatever reason I'll just close the thread for a little bit and let ppl blow off steam.

:3: :thanks: :3:

Super excited!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lucky, I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for keeping a chill atmosphere up in here, my goons, this thread might start moving way faster than I can control in the next 12 hours, so if you members of chillgoon crew catch people being huge assholes or breaking thread rules please hmu in the PS4 thread, PM VideoGames, or just report the posts. If poo poo gets super toxic for whatever reason I'll just close the thread for a little bit and let ppl blow off steam.

:3: :thanks: :3:

Super excited!

:yeah:

I have been looking forward to this game forever and haven't been spoiled for anything other than some of what ND themselves have put out (like trailers/the E3 gameplay demo/etc.). I wasn't sure what was going to happen when they delayed it indefinitely, so I'm glad it only ended up being a month

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
How on earth are they pulling off these graphics, Jesus

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

:lmao:

The very first thing I will do after removing the plastic wrap while sitting in my car will be to slam open the case in a visibly angry way, pop the blu rays out to compulsively check their mirror sheen for no reason, then reverse the artwork on the case and say "okay."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's a dogsitter.

He's a dog grooming and care professional without equal and more importantly he is my friend.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So now that this game is actually out and I’m playing it, can I talk about stuff in tags in this thread? I have no interest in spoiling anything big, but I’d like to mention small moments I liked, and the actual spoiler thread just seems to be people bitching about how the game is obviously terrible (it’s not)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I might have hosed myself over a bit - it seems like once you go through the gate before the hotel, you can not go back to the "open" Seattle area again, or at least it seems like it. So make sure you search everything there before progressing the plot.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 19, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Escobarbarian posted:

So now that this game is actually out and I’m playing it, can I talk about stuff in tags in this thread? I have no interest in spoiling anything big, but I’d like to mention small moments I liked, and the actual spoiler thread just seems to be people bitching about how the game is obviously terrible (it’s not)

As one of the top posters in the spoiler thread, I say post in the spoiler thread while ignoring its contents, because that’s a vast improvement over what’s in there now. :haw:

Also I am way excited to go dark on all this stuff in about 40 minutes. I remember seeing Snape kills Dumbledore in the wild before reading the book and I 100% knew context was key to the plot anyway.

drat shame about jk rowling tho

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Escobarbarian posted:

Dewgy posted:

As one of the top posters in the spoiler thread, I say post in the spoiler thread while ignoring its contents, because that’s a vast improvement over what’s in there now. :haw:

as the stux-proclaimed king of that thread I would advise against looking at it or posting in it because you’re still playing the game and that thread WILL spoil you on plot details

Bonaventure fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bonaventure posted:

as the stux-proclaimed king of that thread I would advise against looking at it or posting in it because you’re still playing the game and that thread WILL spoil you on plot details

True. It’s still in desperate need of improvement though.