Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That sounds like a pain to fit on one frame, but I'll give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
A Gaze primary sounds like it could be fun, but isn't the Kuva Nukkor just a straight upgrade to it?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Kuva Nukor doesn't allow arcanes on it though which makes my Gaze a better utility weapon or helps me get Headshot riven challenges done in seconds.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Reports suggested Primary Gaze have a Glaxion V type beam with bloom at the end, not a chaining one, but I have not personally tested.

Primary Tombfinger was reported to be like a energy rocket launcher?

Primary Catchmoon like an Auto Arca Plasmor?

Primary Rattleguts like a big rattleguts.

But, if goons have tried, please confirm/correct.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
YOU HAVE RATTLE GUTS
RIP AND TEAR

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
God I better stock up on forma to jam rivens into those primaries

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Raptor1033 posted:

God I better stock up on forma to jam rivens into those primaries

Why though, they're all 0.5

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

IDK, my plasmor does fine with that 0.5 dispo riven it has.

That's mostly on the plasmor carrying it, I'll admit it. My rattleguts primary doesn't carry its 0.5 dispo riven past the braton mk1 line, that's for sure, which is terrible, because it's a drat good riven when in my secondary rattleguts.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Tylana posted:

Definitely this, I have one, similar to a staticor - mediocre regular shots, chargeable for large splash shots (though it does stagger you if you are in the blast). Damage seemed alright, not as good as a king like astilla but solid.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does anyone know if the Harrow quest is still a bit broken? I've started the second step and am crafting my first piece, can I farm all the others and craft them and just chain through the last few steps? Apparently it was bugged before.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

IIRC, they fixed chains of harrow, regarding the misbehaving Simaris traps and so on.

It doesn't require you to build the actual frame though, it just gives you the BP, which is good, because it's a bit of a pain to farm, so you can keep that for later and progress forward in the story. I do however recommend getting Saya's Vigil done to either get a mote amp or get a 111 to make chains of harrow and the next quest a lot better to play.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What's the best frame and gear setup for fishing and why?

Raptor1033 posted:

YOU HAVE RATTLE GUTS
RIP AND TEAR

:)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Volt frame, Oxylus sentinel, volt increases damage by walking allowing you to ignore which spear is good for which fish, oxylus pinpoints fishing spots on the minimap and highlights fish without you having to toss radioactive goop in the water.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Ivara is also nice because she can stay invisible almost indefinitely and doesn’t draw unnecessary aggro.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

What's the best frame and gear setup for fishing and why?

Volt frees you from having to switch spears, Zephyr if you're bad at projectile aiming.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I've seen a few people griping about the wall latch changes in the Jackal fight, and I'm here to let you know that there's a perfectly good set of ledges you could have been standing on this entire time.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
There are ledges? Pff. The drat thing is slow enough you can walk around it. And it's not like the timer for the parazon attack is so short that you have to be there as soon as he comes down, so if you mistime the stomp and get thrown back it's not the end of the world.

The elec proc do loving suck though.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1201777-warframe-partner-and-fansite-programs-a-new-chapter/
Warframe Partner Program shutting down tomorrow, Warframe Creator Program launching "later this summer" with broader variety and changes (including better enforcement for misconduct)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Aside from the only barely unspoken "we are so tired of some of you being complete shitheads" (which is overdue and good for doing it now) bringing in more varied forms of Warframe community stuff seems like a smart play. Streaming is possibly the worst way to show off Warframe and the WF community so go them.

also ban that one rear end in a top hat we all know is being called out here, DE, do it :v:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My ranking warframe players

Goons: A+
DE: A
Weapon reviewers: B
Pubbies: C
Opinion channels: F-

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good on them for shutting the whole thing down and starting fresh. Hope there's some solid monitoring and accountability so things don't fester.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Um during the jackal fight just press 5 and then hold control while the thing spins, you're invincible like that.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1201812-upcoming-protea-changes/

quote:

As we pass our 7 day mark since the launch of The Deadlock Protocol on PC, our hands are busy at work making changes based on great player feedback! We hope to provide Protea with both visual improvements as well as touching on some Ability mechanic improvements. We’re aiming to slip this in before Console Cert as well so our Console Tenno can enjoy an improved version of Protea!

Grenade Fan
Increased Duration of both grenades by 3 seconds.
Increased Range of both grenades at max rank from 4 to 5 meters.
For Shield Satellite, this applies to the grenade pickup Range.
Increased Shield Satellite grenade count from 3 to 4 to accommodate max Squad sizes.
Increased visibility FX on available Shield Satellite grenades to aid in differentiating between the two grenades.
Doubled the Damage of the Shrapnel Vortex grenade.
Fixed Protea's Grenade Fan/ Shield Satellites appearing giant while using Archwing.

Our goal here is to improve efficacy, usability, and logic of Grenade Fan!

Blaze Artillery
Increased Duration of Blaze Artillery by 1 second, and doubled the Damage multiplier to compete against higher level enemies. Duration will now show in Arsenal stats instead of the maximum number of shots.
Protea’s Blaze Artillery will now shoot through Volt’s Shield, but won't benefit from its buffs.
Fixed Protea’s Blaze Artillery not targeting ragdolled enemies.

Our goal here is to keep the spirit of the rapid fire Artillery alive, with just a bit more punch. We will monitor for feedback after this change as well.

Dispensary
Protea’s Dispensary location is now displayed on the minimap in the form of the Ability icon.
Similar to Wisp’s Reservoirs!

Temporal Anchor
Protea is now invulnerable for the first 3 seconds of Temporal Anchor (i.e on cast, to prevent casting animation deaths).

This invulnerability window is an important add based on all the ways players have used Temporal Anchor thus far - that key survivability reaction should include invulnerability.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

And here's the one that made me frown the first time I used the shield grenades:

quote:

Increased Shield Satellite grenade count from 3 to 4 to accommodate max Squad sizes.

Only DE knows why it wasn't the case in the first place.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm liking those tweaks. The grenade changes look good and more artillery damage is cool.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Whew, good thing they stopped the turrets from benefiting from volt's shield, can you imagine how broken the game would be if they allowed that

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

IIRC, they fixed chains of harrow, regarding the misbehaving Simaris traps and so on.

It doesn't require you to build the actual frame though, it just gives you the BP, which is good, because it's a bit of a pain to farm, so you can keep that for later and progress forward in the story. I do however recommend getting Saya's Vigil done to either get a mote amp or get a 111 to make chains of harrow and the next quest a lot better to play.

gently caress I'm stupid. I meant Revenant :lol: sorry! :downs:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Oh, right. I've done the quest almost two years ago, so I don't remember quite right, but as far as I recall, you only need to have one part of Revenant built to complete the quest, you're safe to build all the other bits at the same time.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

Oh, right. I've done the quest almost two years ago, so I don't remember quite right, but as far as I recall, you only need to have one part of Revenant built to complete the quest, you're safe to build all the other bits at the same time.
Sweet, thanks. I'll get farming those shortly. :)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1201777-warframe-partner-and-fansite-programs-a-new-chapter/
Warframe Partner Program shutting down tomorrow, Warframe Creator Program launching "later this summer" with broader variety and changes (including better enforcement for misconduct)

This comes very close to Brozime going off on twitter about stupid stuff. Also not sure why they kept him for this long when all of his warframe videos were "This game sucks."

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Supposedly "That's what his subscribers want" but if he wasn't a never ending font of negativity he wouldn't be in that position. Shy's sassy but she couches it in humor and hosts discussions no one else attempts, so her views get accepted as actual criticism as opposed to Brozime's belly aching.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Were there any really good Warframe partners? The only three I can think of that weren't awful were Tactical Potato, Triburos, and Omni Voice, and Omni Voice has pretty much quit Warframe and Triburos is only good if you can ignore his waaaaaacky Youtube voice. Tactical Potato's good on keeping up with the news without bullshit, and he's good respite from the slur-spewing manchildren and the tryhard wackadoos like the aforementioned Triburos.

I tried watching Ashisogi Tenno, and holy gently caress that dude can't go a single video without a dogwhistle or an outright slur. Same for Rahetalius and a bunch of others. Why did DE keep partnering with these fucksticks?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why did DE keep partnering with these fucksticks?

The venn diagram for wanting to make a career out of video game commentary videos and being emotionally stable is probably two distinct circles.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Xik posted:

The venn diagram for wanting to make a career out of video game commentary videos and being emotionally stable is probably two distinct circles.

"Emotional instability" gives some of these bigoted fucksticks too much credit because it assumes they're unable to control themselves. Rahetalius moaned about the word "trap" being "censored" in game chat when we all know that it's a dogwhistle and a slur for transfolk. He and multiple others made multiple tedious video essays about Warframe drama that could have been solved by him just uninstalling and playing literally any other game, but because they were burning out and were too unimaginative to come up with fresh material, they decided to turn their impotent frustration into clickbait for toxic assholes.

I can barely find tutorials and commentary without running across some neckbearded fuckass whinge about not being able to scream about race war at Tennocon or a six-hour-long documentary about how Saryn1488 is really going to quit for real this time, he totally swears it. Even relatively innocuous creators will casually let their inner race realist out to play, like the times Better Name Pending made "jokes" about the Corpus' greed for "sheckels," or the time he literally drew a Jewish Corpus for a Youtube video.

That video's still up, by the way, despite the reports. Social media loves white supremacists -- they draw clicks from angry leftists and brain-dead fascists alike.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Emotional instability" gives some of these bigoted fucksticks too much credit because it assumes they're unable to control themselves.

To be clear, it was meant as a jab, not as a defence.

The only Warframe videos I watch are those where I search for some random mechanic or frame and usually end up at one with a computer generated voice that typically gets straight to the point.

Ive never seen lovely/hateful Warframe ones but there are quite a few gaming communities with these types of toxic youtubers. I guess the difference is they typically aren't part of official programs with the developer, not a good look for sure.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Tylana posted:

Reports suggested Primary Gaze have a Glaxion V type beam with bloom at the end, not a chaining one, but I have not personally tested.

Primary Catchmoon like an Auto Arca Plasmor?

Primary Rattleguts like a big rattleguts.

But, if goons have tried, please confirm/correct.

Primary Gaze is basically Glaxion V, but good. No chaining, bloom on the end of the beam.

Primary Finger is like the secondary version, but with a charge attack that makes it go boom. Boomfinger. Solid damage.

Primary catchmoon is basically an auto plasmor with much, much smaller projectiles (even smaller than the secondary?), with steeper damage falloff, and also it's a shotgun for some reason and we all know primary crit shotguns are total rear end because the mods just don't support that.

Primary rattle is apparently kind of like the Baza? But not silenced? I guess?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I apologize for coming off so heated, but my last big gaming passion was WoW, and I just got sick of the toxicity of both the fans and the developers, and it frustrates me that the same is happening to a game that, unlike WoW, is genuinely fun. Like, yeah, Railjack loving sucks and some of the grinds are unreasonable, but all of that is largely optional and there's always something neat to try out.

Like, I recently started messing around with Loki and Vauban Prime, and they're both much more fun than I gave them credit for originally, though Vauban was recently improved with his fantastic rework. At this point I've built all the regular Warframes (though I cheated and bought a couple, like Grendel and Harrow, because gently caress those grinds) and I'm pretty close to building all the other Primes as well. With forty-nine different warframes each with multiple plastyles and loads of weapons that have so many variations they, themselves, create entire new playstyles, there's a lot to love about this game.

And DE seem really chill for a CCP-owned freemium game developer. The higher-ups engage with the fans in pretty good faith, they're not afraid to poke at their own flaws, and even sabotage their own profits when they become too predatory -- they don't do the gatcha slot machine thing so many other "free" games do. Because all the best content in the game is free, I don't mind splurging a little every other month or so on a little platinum or whatever package deal they're offering, because if I didn't have Warframe I'd probably buy another game that will be played through once or twice and then left to collect dust in my library, like Devil May Cry V.

I really like this game, and I like that DE is trying to be a part of its own community though I recognize that they're literally just advertising. But they're not hiding it, and they're not being predatory with it, and it's being done in a way that keeps the game fun and fresh.

Gonkish posted:

Primary Gaze is basically Glaxion V, but good. No chaining, bloom on the end of the beam.

Primary Finger is like the secondary version, but with a charge attack that makes it go boom. Boomfinger. Solid damage.

Primary catchmoon is basically an auto plasmor with much, much smaller projectiles (even smaller than the secondary?), with steeper damage falloff, and also it's a shotgun for some reason and we all know primary crit shotguns are total rear end because the mods just don't support that.

Primary rattle is apparently kind of like the Baza? But not silenced? I guess?

I'm more excited about the primary kitguns than I am for Protea. I really like the secondary I built: Tombfinger chamber, Splat loader, and Haymaker grip. I'm going to see if the primary version's going to be as good.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 19, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
they're really clearly trying to go incremental with Protea, and these changes are an OK step 1, but christ she's got a long way to go to sniff the top tier. I think I'll just play my big fat trainboy instead

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Speaking of Vauban prime, I'm on the V-train right now. I got sick of cheesing every mobile defense mission as Limbo and heard Vauban was also good and rattled together a max range build with some str from u.Intensify. it's amazingly fun with my Kuva tonkor with riven.

Was wondering if there was a way to step up my Vauban? Currently I'm just using a no forma max range build with repelling Bastille augment and vitality and u.str. any tips would be much appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like leyzargamingviews for his weapon builds. Brozime and most make the mistake of criticizing the company instead of the game.