Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
No pics but my fav breakfast recently has been hummus + poached eggs + some chili oil with sourdough toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Okay here’s one that’s out there. “Fisherman’s Eggs”

This is one of my all time favorites. Wicked delicious and incredibly good for you.

Sauté some onions, garlic, and a little crushed red pepper. Add in some bell pepper and a :siren:can of sardines:siren:. Give a squeeze of lemon, season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple minutes and add in some spinach. When spinach is wilted, crack in three eggs. Sprinkle on some paprika and parsley. Cover until eggs are done. In a nonstick pan the whole thing usually slides right out into a plate. Great with some toast!

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is one of my all time favorites. Wicked delicious and incredibly good for you.

Definitely gonna try this once my wife lets me go shopping again, no spinach. I felt like something special this morning so I thawed out own of my wife's brioche buns. She wanted me to throw them out because they got dry but they're perfect for really wet sandwiches like ...

...pulled pork and fried egg! Yowza that was a treat.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Okay here’s one that’s out there. “Fisherman’s Eggs”

Sauté some onions, garlic, and a little crushed red pepper. Add in some bell pepper and a :siren:can of sardines:siren:. Give a squeeze of lemon, season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple minutes and add in some spinach. When spinach is wilted, crack in three eggs. Sprinkle on some paprika and parsley. Cover until eggs are done. In a nonstick pan the whole thing usually slides right out into a plate. Great with some toast!

I completely forgot to buy sardines while I was at the store today dammit. Oh well - I forgot some other stuff so I'll probably wind up going for a second, smaller trip near the end of the week anyway and I'll grab some then. It looks awesome!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Running way to the other end of the breakfast spectrum here with a corned beef hash, egg, and cheese sandwich.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Running way to the other end of the breakfast spectrum here with a corned beef hash, egg, and cheese sandwich.

:eyepop:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Soft to orgasm in two pics. Thank you.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Woke up craving some serious comfort food, so I made some kimchi fried rice. Too hungry to take a good photo of it though.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

anakha posted:

Woke up craving some serious comfort food, so I made some kimchi fried rice. Too hungry to take a good photo of it though.

I haven’t had kimchi in forever. That sounds delicious.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I haven’t had kimchi in forever. That sounds delicious.

If you're in the US, you can order kimchi and red pepper flakes/gochugaru off Amazon. Those are the only Korean ingredients you'll need.

Quick and dirty recipe below:

Cup of cooked rice
Small bowl of small-cut kimchi
Half a can of spam
Green onions (optional)
2 tsp gochugaru
0.5 to 1 tbsp sugar
0.5 to 1 tbsp soy sauce

Chop green onions, dice spam while heating non-stick pan to medium with some oil. Stirfry green onions until fragrant, then add spam and brown it. Add kimchi, sugar and gochugaru; stirfry for a few mins then mix in the rice. Make space in pan for soy sauce; add then mix with rice when soy sauce boils. Done!

anakha fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 17, 2020

Segue
May 23, 2007

My breakfast most mornings: ful medames, fresh pita and masala chai.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
You make pita every morning?

Segue
May 23, 2007

Usually every other day or so. I tend to have a ball of dough in the fridge and roll one out and make it either in the morning or if I'm pressed for time right before I go to bed and let it sit overnight.

Super easy if you're jusy cooking for one in a cast iron pan and don't care too much about resting once you've rolled it out. Still puffs up nice.

mystes
May 31, 2006

No picture, but I made a French omelet for the first time and had it with toast, and I was pretty happy with it.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I usually meal prep my breakfasts, so I do a lot of crustless quiche since it's less than 30 mins to prep before shoving in the oven. It's a great way to use up leftover meat/veg too.

The nicer-looking one was made with frozen spinach and leftover canned corn, the messier-looking one was made with broccoli and some leftover carnitas.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Quiche just isn’t a thing in my life :(

I should try making one though. My wife has a gluten allergy, so when it comes to egg casseroles I tend to go down the frittata path.

Still, I can try making a quiche with gluten free flour and see how it comes out.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I should try making one though. My wife has a gluten allergy, so when it comes to egg casseroles I tend to go down the frittata path.

Still, I can try making a quiche with gluten free flour and see how it comes out.

Absolutely no flour in the quiches I made above! :) Literally just 6-8 eggs, cup of milk, whatever spices/meat/veg/cheese I wanted to add. Stick in 350 degree oven for 40-45 mins, done.

Stiffer veg like broccoli does help in giving them more structure though.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Crossposting from the Indian thread. Made some quick masala dosas for breakfast this morning.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

anakha posted:

Absolutely no flour in the quiches I made above! :) Literally just 6-8 eggs, cup of milk, whatever spices/meat/veg/cheese I wanted to add. Stick in 350 degree oven for 40-45 mins, done.

Nice! Thank you!

Adapting to my wife’s gluten allergies (and many other dietary restrictions) has been a crazy rollercoaster for the past four years. It’s definitely made me a versatile cook, with modifications and substitutions being a way of life.

On that note, gluten free bread feels like it’s come pretty far in the past few years. Honestly with some of it I can’t really tell the difference. Toast it and there’s no complaints from me.

Here’s a sausage, egg, and cheese on toasted gluten free bread.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Made some hash with leftover bratwurst (bratwurst not visible)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

large hands posted:

Made some hash with leftover bratwurst (bratwurst not visible)

I would fertilize that egg :stare:

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Made these. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cinnamon-date-sticky-buns

Pretty good, couldn't find medjool dates and I don't think the ones I got were sweet enough, but still pretty solid recipe.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

anakha posted:

That's frittata. Quiche by definition has a pastry crust.

I wonder if you could use GF crackers to make a cracker crust.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 25, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Suspect Bucket posted:

That's frittata. Quiche by definition has a pastry crust.

I wonder if you could use GF crackers to make a cracker crust.

I know Schaar makes gluten free graham crackers that my wife turns into pie crusts sometimes. Not sure about other GF crackers though.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I don't think there's any reason you can't make a gluten free pastry crust.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

mystes posted:

I don't think there's any reason you can't make a gluten free pastry crust.

Hmmm... I actually do have some GF pasty crust in the freezer.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Turkish with sausage, bacon, cheese and egg, with sauce from last night's dinner meatballs and Carolina reaper sauce.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Breakfast sandwich today.

Eggs, cheese, Canadian bacon, yellowbird.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm an adult and I can do what I want with my pancakes.

mystes
May 31, 2006

toplitzin posted:

I'm an adult and I can do what I want with my pancakes.

That's fine. Just make sure it's an N95 pancake.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Lemon cardamom sweet buns

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I had leftover pancit, some Japanese curry, and a strong desire to try making a tornado omlette

Honestly not as hard as I thought it would be (this was the 2nd one). If my non-stick wasn't such poo poo it would have been easier

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Poached egg and leftover fried rice... is this breakfast?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

anakha posted:

I guess this answers my above question.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Eggs
hash (onion, jalapeno, garlic, bell pepper)
gravy (mushroom , jalapeno, and veggie sausage)
toast (pan de mie)
fruit
coffee (the goon roaster outta nj)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a sweet onion roll.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
Toaster-refreshed tostada with pintos, an egg, fresh veg, cilantro, lime, a little tahini and a shameful squart of ranch

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Went for a long run this morning so it was steak sandwich time when I got home

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

A simple breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Decided to try the Turkish “Cilbur” eggs recipe on a bialy and it it was also delicious!

For me, the bialys I get around my town don’t have enough garlic in them, so the spiced garlic flavor from the Cilbur goes really good with them.