Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Renewed for Season 3!

I hadn't realized it was renewed for S2 even before it premiered, so this definitely shows that it must be doing great numbers for Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
UK viewers who don't get push notifications about it; season 4 is now on Netflix, so you don't need to you Chanel 4's bullshit platform.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

UK viewers who don't get push notifications about it; season 4 is now on Netflix, so you don't need to you Chanel 4's bullshit platform.

Only the first half sadly so All4 is still the best place for them, until they expire.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cael posted:

Renewed for Season 3!

I hadn't realized it was renewed for S2 even before it premiered, so this definitely shows that it must be doing great numbers for Hulu.

animated shows take a looong time to make, so it's not uncommon for networks to automatically renew a cartoon they think is going to do well for a second season so work can begin on it before the first season is even finished airing. Looks like that was a smart bet with solar opposites, looking forward to at least 2 more seasons of this nonsense.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'm looking forward to hearing people say it's incredibly improved over the first season, and then still ignoring it until I have three seasons to watch all at once when I'm in my mid-30's

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
Solar Opposites is good because although the main alien hates earth, unlike Rick, he eventually will see the cool part of whatever was previously stupid, so everything isn't auto-infected with a sense of overwhelming negativity

Rick would build a manc ave, but he'd be complaining the whole time, and sometimes you just can enjoy the infections optimism instead yknow

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Has anyone mentioned that Dan Harmon has signed on to a solo show for Fox now

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The cursing on Solar Opposites feels really out of place.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
I watched solar when it came out, only few things I remember. The wall went the way I thought it was and their cloud-atlas style talking was getting old. Earthlings do not respect old people, I like old people so much I gently caress them. That was pretty funny.
But I called this show four roger the aliens. They dont even have a klaus. Maybe the show will get better with more seasons but what episode was the best if was to rewatch one?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

shame on an IGA posted:

Has anyone mentioned that Dan Harmon has signed on to a solo show for Fox now

Is it more Harmonquest?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fox will own 100% of the rights to whatever it is so probably not

I don't think Harmon knows what it is yet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

No Luck Needed posted:

I watched solar when it came out, only few things I remember. The wall went the way I thought it was and their cloud-atlas style talking was getting old. Earthlings do not respect old people, I like old people so much I gently caress them. That was pretty funny.
But I called this show four roger the aliens. They dont even have a klaus. Maybe the show will get better with more seasons but what episode was the best if was to rewatch one?

Well every show would be improved with a klaus, that's blatant

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

a lovely king posted:

Only the first half sadly so All4 is still the best place for them, until they expire.

The whole season is on Netflix outside the US. :v:

The one perk form being stuck in a hotel room overseas for two weeks. :negative:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No Luck Needed posted:

I like solar opposite, but let's not kid ourselves none of the aliens come close to being as good as Roger.

I get what you're saying though, the four main characters have a tendency to get kind of samey in their personalities and goals. I kind of wish P.A.T.R.I.C.I.A. was part of the main cast and not just a one off gag, she added something interesting to the group dynamic (and her design when she was in kill mode was great).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I like solar opposite, but let's not kid ourselves none of the aliens come close to being as good as Roger.

I get what you're saying though, the four main characters have a tendency to get kind of samey in their personalities and goals. I kind of wish P.A.T.R.I.C.I.A. was part of the main cast and not just a one off gag, she added something interesting to the group dynamic (and her design when she was in kill mode was great).

I know what you mean. They all operate with the same sense of impunity. They randomly care about some things, but they all seem to know they will not actually face consequences because they've got magic tech in their back pockets that can get them out of anything.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Every sitcom could learn a lot from 3rd Rock From The Sun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mantis42 posted:

Every sitcom could learn a lot from 3rd Rock From The Sun.

This gets thrown around so much that it sort of lost its meaning, but 3rd rock was truly ahead of its time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was too young to get that show when it was on air, though I liked watching the intro.

I do remember the episode where they don't remember their national anthem at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
3rd Rock was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I'll have to go through it again. Harry's dream is one of my favorite parts of that show.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

The whole season is on Netflix outside the US. :v:

The one perk form being stuck in a hotel room overseas for two weeks. :negative:

Netflix UK only has the front half of season 4. Source: I am in the UK and looking at the Netflix page for season 4.

Outside the US isn't one big Netflix availability zone, it varies from country to country.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Since San Diego Comic-Con is entirely virtual this year, [Adult Swim] is doing their panels livestreamed.

Rick and Morty's panel is this Friday at 8PM EST / 5PM PST. The panel was always a lot of fun and hilarious in past years, probably second only to Archer's.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lithgow and curtin had fantastic chemistry on 3rd rock, their scenes were always my favorite. i still hate french stewart

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Crossover stuff with R&M is best avoided, but I do like that one comic where Stanford Pines is friends with Rick, who shows him an alt universe where he didn't end up seperated from his brother, and also the idea that Rick thinks Zim is adorable.

So I play Merge Dragons as a game to just kill time since it's simple and combining things to make new things is a mentally calming thing to do, and they have events every few weeks. Last week it was a Rick & Morty-based event and a discord I'm in for Merge Dragons was talking about how they didn't really know what Rick & Morty was about.

This being a dragon-themed game, they googled Rick & Morty and Dragons and found the episode about the slut dragons

They were horrified and couldn't fathom how anyone would like this show. I was incredibly amused

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kloaked00 posted:

This being a dragon-themed game, they googled Rick & Morty and Dragons and found the episode about the slut dragons

They were horrified and couldn't fathom how anyone would like this show. I was incredibly amused

not the gentlest introduction to the program, admittedly

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nobody told me there was super dope rick and morty figures out there by Mondo....I got them, but I missed out of the exclusive which looked pretty neat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Am I late to the party in realising Rick Sanchez sounds almost like a phonetic anagram of Reed Richards?

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Am I late to the party in realising Rick Sanchez sounds almost like a phonetic anagram of Reed Richards?
I think you're at a 'me party'.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's fair. Just came to mind since reading Planetary I got some real Rick vibes from not-Reed Richards, especially going on about how there's infinite worlds and he can abandon the one he was born on any time he wants to. And they have the same theme of having incredible genius and inventing amazing things purely for their own benefit and hoarding them while the rest of the world's problems aren't a concern unless he's REALLY bored.

Also that's a very covid song

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
It feels pretty subtly built into the character. Until The Council of Ricks I wouldn't have particularly drawn out the Reed Richards influences and I still don't think of him in those terms, but perhaps that's me discounting Marvel in my personal life

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah I have a "Solo Mardi Gras" right before bed sometimes when I can't sleep.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Solar Opposites ComicCon panel is on Hulu.

Not great. I am SHOCKED to find out that the replicants' voices are their actors real voices. They just went out and cast some people with loving weird voices.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's fair. Just came to mind since reading Planetary I got some real Rick vibes from not-Reed Richards, especially going on about how there's infinite worlds and he can abandon the one he was born on any time he wants to. And they have the same theme of having incredible genius and inventing amazing things purely for their own benefit and hoarding them while the rest of the world's problems aren't a concern unless he's REALLY bored.

In your defence...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

For a second I thought they were going to crash into Bushworld.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPAw95c_AOE

Rough footage of the first couple of minutes of a Season 5 episode. Looking forward to finding out more about Rick's nemesis.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For a second I thought they were going to crash into Bushworld.

It is driving me nuts that we haven't heard anything about a second episode of Bushworld Adventures. You'd think they'd make it a semi-regular thing with the reception the first one got.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Phenotype posted:

It is driving me nuts that we haven't heard anything about a second episode of Bushworld Adventures. You'd think they'd make it a semi-regular thing with the reception the first one got.

Isn't that dude making a show of his own now?

Edit: yes- https://twitter.com/MichaelRCusack/status/1286161029215301637?s=19

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I realize I'm late to the realization, but I randomly caught the Tom Cruise War of Worlds and the aliens totally have a beam that disintegrates people but leaves their jeans perfectly fine.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Isn't that dude making a show of his own now?

Edit: yes- https://twitter.com/MichaelRCusack/status/1286161029215301637?s=19

I might just like this guy because I thought this was great

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh my god I didn’t know it was based off yolo. That’s the best video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I realize I'm late to the realization, but I randomly caught the Tom Cruise War of Worlds and the aliens totally have a beam that disintegrates people but leaves their jeans perfectly fine.

That whole movie is :911: trauma imagery.