Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Me and a buddy run shows through PS4 and we’re dying waiting haha... he’s already got like 10 different finisher ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dawnbr3ak3r/status/1273722384974000128

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Someone made the most devastating move in wrestling history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNaFFUxv8Q

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/newlegacyinc/status/1273885096886579200

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

holy poo poo

I desperately want to use this to recreate the gif of Fedor whomping Brett Rogers' head into the camera lens.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Here's one I made... took me almost two hours.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Now I know why I downloaded an edit of The Mask

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Is there a consensus on a good real world database for TEW20? Especially something that puts a lot of effort into the Japanese scene would be ideal because I quite like the idea of starting a game with NOAH.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Killing The Business is pretty good IME. It doesn’t have ALL the tiny feds, but NOAH is there.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

IME there's a 100% certainty "comprehensive" modders push the stats of their favorites to godhood and everyone they haven't personally watched the fed of is worthless wasteman so you'll probably have to do a fair chunk of altering yourself to be satisfied. If there's somehow a mod that avoids this I'd like to hear about it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/ontotsu_hdpw/status/1274519730326396928

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Give me the workshop link to that.

Please

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2020/06/17/sumo/gaming-world-remains-land-untapped-potential-sumo/

We want sumo on the PS5.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the fire pro move maker has been perfect beyond my wildest dreams

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I wanna use Fore Pro to make my own fantasy womens wrestling fed. Anyone have a good guide on how all the AI stuff work and how to build build and stat good wrestlers?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I wanna use Fore Pro to make my own fantasy womens wrestling fed. Anyone have a good guide on how all the AI stuff work and how to build build and stat good wrestlers?

I have recently seen this suggested as a good guide for figuring that stuff out.

https://www.scflfirepro.com/guide-cpu-logic-in-fire-pro-wrestling-wold/

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Shamelessly self-promoting some of the goofy stuff I've made.

EDIT: Just linking due to size

https://imgur.com/1WAeyQG

https://imgur.com/uWiXOaS

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 21, 2020

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

remusclaw posted:

I have recently seen this suggested as a good guide for figuring that stuff out.

https://www.scflfirepro.com/guide-cpu-logic-in-fire-pro-wrestling-wold/

Thanks! Now I just need the money for all the DLC. And Time. And effort.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is there a modern database for tew2020 but every wrestler is unemployed? i know that's turbo hosed. but when i play sports games i like to do fantasy drafts to start and i want to do that here but i'm way too lazy to go through and create it. i wanna be able to just start and hire whoever i want and leave the rest to fend for themselves. if you find or create this, i won't be able to give you anything for it, so watch out.

i guess i can create a company in the database and give them a poo poo load of money and just wait on people who are on contracts. that's good enough probably. Sorry

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 21, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

These made me laugh.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2136440141&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2134543688&searchtext=

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Cavauro posted:

is there a modern database for tew2020 but every wrestler is unemployed? i know that's turbo hosed. but when i play sports games i like to do fantasy drafts to start and i want to do that here but i'm way too lazy to go through and create it. i wanna be able to just start and hire whoever i want and leave the rest to fend for themselves. if you find or create this, i won't be able to give you anything for it, so watch out.

i guess i can create a company in the database and give them a poo poo load of money and just wait on people who are on contracts. that's good enough probably. Sorry

Easiest way to do this:

Get a real world database
Make a second copy of the database
Delete all the companies from Database 1
Import companies from Database 2 into Database 1

That'll let you have the wrestlers and companies in place, but without any contracts linking any wrestler to a promotion.

Claytor fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 21, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Claytor... the educator.....

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The Fire Pro Move Craft DLC is such a weird combination of extremely difficult to use and incredibly easy to use. There's already some wild poo poo out there, and I don't see it letting up any time soon.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2136220493

quote:

This version of the move inflict maximum damages on the neck !

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2UQSSoSdTM

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1274651036142260225?s=20

What is the limit on wtf you can do

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just got Fire pro recently and I've figured out how to download wrestlers but is there a limit for how many I can download? I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I just got Fire pro recently and I've figured out how to download wrestlers but is there a limit for how many I can download? I'm on PS4 if that makes a difference.

Seems to be about 1000, with slots being shared between your downloads and your own CAWs.

I got back into Fire Promoter recently since I took advantage of the current PSN sale to rebuy the game, as I just dont enjoy watching cards play out on PC compared to my TV, and I'd forgotten how simultaneously great/annoying the RNG can be at times. I ran an Ibushi/Keith Lee (c) non-title main event on a random card that went to 35 minutes and a perfect evaluation. The next month I did the same match for the title and Kota just knee'd Keith's face in within 10 minutes to take it from him and it was just kind of disappointing in spite of the "whaaaat" factor.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

You can't bring out objects that aren't already part of moves, so no throwing hammers but you can throw forks/scythes/chairs.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

a heya management game would rule

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This cracked me up hard!

I booted up Fire Pro and peeked into the Move Creator and I am incredibly intimidated though.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Artelier posted:

This cracked me up hard!

I booted up Fire Pro and peeked into the Move Creator and I am incredibly intimidated though.

The devs themselves recommend starting by editing already existing moves, and it really does help. Even then, there IS a lot going on, and it's not totally intuitive. As an example: You can cycle through each pre-existing frame of animation, which is helpful, except they're unlabeled, not organized in a logical fashion and there's over 20,000 of them. You can rotate each piece of the body, but they don't anchor to each other. But honestly this isn't the worst animation program I've used.

I think the high barrier for entry is probably why this is free.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
While you can undo changes I do wish there were a more general "Reset" button for existing moves if you're still just tampering and don't want to make any lasting changes. It's definitely gonna take time to get comfortable with the tools.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So For Fire Pro Wrestling World, What DLC do I buy if I want all the stuff to play with in the wrestler editor?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
One thing that I remember working, as least for developing some on-air talent in previous TEW games was just sticking them in angles where they were 'Not Rated' alongside others that would easily carry angles. Does this still work for TEW2020?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
A good chunk of the DLC for Fire Pro is on sale on PSN so I picked up Fire Promoter. Any tips or things I should know before going in?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

A good chunk of the DLC for Fire Pro is on sale on PSN so I picked up Fire Promoter. Any tips or things I should know before going in?

Invites are risky because if the guy doesn't show, you can't rebook, that match just gets dropped and fewer people show up. You can do it but like one per show. (However invites can be good for improving someone's interest in your company, if you want hire them later.)

I'd almost always go with a Custom start, which lets you use the wrestlers you've got and even choose which 6 you start with. Expansion is slow because you can only make one attempt to hire someone per month.

Also loan out guys you're not using in a show, because if they go to another promotion the AI will often book them in title matches and you can poach belts that way.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Armitage posted:

One thing that I remember working, as least for developing some on-air talent in previous TEW games was just sticking them in angles where they were 'Not Rated' alongside others that would easily carry angles. Does this still work for TEW2020?
Fairly sure it's been changed. In order for someone to gain popularity from a segment they have to be rated. To gain heat (fka momentum), however, they simply have to be present in hot angles. Optimal strategy is to put a developing worker in a "heat incubator" storyline - choose a few guys you'd like to get heat on and put them in a storyline, and then the entirety of that storyline is a Personality or other such talker (not explicitly slotted into the storyline, I find that gets weird) running segments where they put over said guys.

It's a little confusing at this point - the TEW forums claim that the "Storyline Success" aspect of building angles (major defeat <--> major success) is entirely cosmetic and affects nothing, but IME doing the "heat incubator" routine consistently with storyline participants booked as Success or Major Success will turn a cold prospect into a white hot rocket when the storyline is killed.

Perhaps the forums are right and all that really demonstrates is that consistently using guys on TV in angles you fine-tune to get the best ratings will naturally get somebody buzzed about. But somehow I doubt it. I've gotten guys to Red Hot or White Hot without actually winning matches. And good momentum will both boost the ratings of angles / matches they're in and serve as multiplier to how much popularity they'll gain when given a strong in-ring push. TEW2020 seems to have finally figured out how to calculate and simulate god pushes. If you set your mind to it you can make just about anybody a star.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Invites are risky because if the guy doesn't show, you can't rebook, that match just gets dropped and fewer people show up. You can do it but like one per show. (However invites can be good for improving someone's interest in your company, if you want hire them later.)

Keep in mind if this happens you can just exit and reload a save. The flake isn't set in stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

So For Fire Pro Wrestling World, What DLC do I buy if I want all the stuff to play with in the wrestler editor?

Most crucial probably Parts Craft. The Stardom packs add a lot too. It’s tough because there’s little bits in every dlc just about but I’d say those are the best start.