Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

fadam posted:

I’m like two or three more phone meetings away from having every class at 75! Some questions for people who moved onto end gamey stuff:

1) What is your daily routine like in PSO2? Like, are there missions/activities you always do?

2) What’s the best source of loot at 75? What do people run to get the Nemesis/Slave gear?

3)Semi-unrelated: I have thousands of Photon Boosters sitting in my bags. If I’m good on EX-Cubes, is there a more productive/lucrative way to convert them into money than just selling them?

The fact that there are like three people playing this game on twitch should be an answer to all your questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Numberwang!!! posted:

The fact that there are like three people playing this game on twitch should be an answer to all your questions.

Yeah is that the joke here, that there's no actual engame? I feel like I shouldn't have been able to hit level 75 and get the +35 of my ultimate weapon like 6 days into the game with no real money spent.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The current notable endgame stuff once you got your weapons and armor is generally more tryhard-y stuff that doesn't actually provide any gear or anything, like time attack rankings and such (which JP players are obviously going to have an advantage at). There's also challenge quests, which hopefully come out in a week or three. They'd have to come out before Episode 4, so they don't have a whole lot of time.

Otherwise, most of the actual endgame stuff is in episode 4 at the earliest. It's kind of a downside of them putting us on this fast track, we also progress much faster than this content was designed for. Ultimate was never this generous in JP.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

Ultimate was never this generous in JP.

Christ, you're not wrong

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
When I was last playing on JP, 13*'s weren't tradeable at all, it's really strange to me that aside from slave and nemesis getting yourself really geared up is super easy.

That being said, I got my braver to 75 yesterday and I'll be doing eome more ultimates, but mostly I'm gonna be leveling alts.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

fadam posted:

VHAQ (Very Hard Advanced Quests) rock for leveling. Make sure you do the loop of amplified quests (Sub->Amplified) to get the global boost.

SHAQ would be better for leveling at 62, wouldn't it?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The xp difference is negligible and you can plow vhaq monsters a lot faster which helps for fishing pse bursts faster.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

SHAQ would be better for leveling at 62, wouldn't it?

The caps are more of a pain, and when you're all hosed up on boostermine you can still get a lot of experience just blasting through VHAQ's. Now that I think about it, I doun't think I've done any SHAQ's at all on NA. Huh.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

jokes posted:

You can do just fine using only a single type of weapon from start to finish. It’ll be a bit boring but still fine.

This is my concern. Gunner looks fun, but if the guns always outclass other weapon options it might get meh pretty quick.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Buried alive posted:

This is my concern. Gunner looks fun, but if the guns always outclass other weapon options it might get meh pretty quick.

IME gunner doesn't really get old because most of the fun is in learning how you can get away with being as aggro as possible by abusing stylish iframes in any given fight.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CYBEReris posted:

IME gunner doesn't really get old because most of the fun is in learning how you can get away with being as aggro as possible by abusing stylish iframes in any given fight.

Yeah, this is what's up. A lot of the game is using a similar build as other people to much, much greater effect.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

jokes posted:

Yeah, this is what's up. A lot of the game is using a similar build as other people to much, much greater effect.

Yeah this is an action-focused game and a lot of PAs have side-effects you might not immediately think of that can lead to major breakthroughs in the huge number of ways you can combine all the damage and mobility tools you have access to.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What sort of endgame is in ep4?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So does the amplification of ilbarta max out at some point? Most bosses seem to die too fast to be better than the usual ilgrants/gizonde damage spam, but the few times I've used it on things like dark ragne it's lived long enough for the damage to go from an inital 4-8k to like, 120k (while ilgrants would do 4-6k per hit). If it keeps boosting beyond that then is it worth using on HP sponge enemies like Stu, or bosses where the overall party DPS isn't that great? Main concern would be the damage boost failing off while recuping TP between casts.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So does the amplification of ilbarta max out at some point?

IIRC the seventh cast blows up the sigil and resets the damage ramp-up. I don't have the spell myself yet, but most things I've read say to just blast out the first three steps uncharged, then go for damage on the next four since they hit so hard.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So last night I was working on getting through Episode 1's story quests, and took a break because Dark Falz popped up as an urgent quest. After one hell of a slog (why did I think doing it on SH was worth the time?) I went back to the story..and found that I had left off on the quest that introduces Dark Falz in the first place.

I have to say the fight afterwards was very satisfying. He may have been scaled up to my level, but he wasn't prepared for my +35 Nemesis chain with max Light element.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Yesterday I picked up a Nemesis gunblade, and today I picked up a Nemesis summoner weapon.

So far my plan of "get the wrong drop then flip it on the market for the nemesis GU weapon" is not going well.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

fadam posted:

What sort of endgame is in ep4?

There's riding quests (lol), the EP4 raid urgents, a new solo extreme quest, which actually has a piece of gear you can make with the materials you get from it. A new solo-only superboss, who you don't get anything but some star gems and epeen for beating. Also the PvP mode Battle Arena, which personally I'm looking forward to playing without a constant insanely bad ping.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So does the amplification of ilbarta max out at some point? Most bosses seem to die too fast to be better than the usual ilgrants/gizonde damage spam, but the few times I've used it on things like dark ragne it's lived long enough for the damage to go from an inital 4-8k to like, 120k (while ilgrants would do 4-6k per hit). If it keeps boosting beyond that then is it worth using on HP sponge enemies like Stu, or bosses where the overall party DPS isn't that great? Main concern would be the damage boost failing off while recuping TP between casts.

Yeah, Ilbarta gets its biggest boost on the 7th cast, at which point it resets the stack count.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Why did I sleep on Techter for so long?! Why dance around enemies with bouncer when I can scoop em up and explode em with a baseball bat?!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Skeletome posted:

Why did I sleep on Techter for so long?! Why dance around enemies with bouncer when I can scoop em up and explode em with a baseball bat?!

Don’t forget to grab that zonde spell that lets you zip forward to speed it along. Lightning charge in, zondeel, then ilzonde (or whatever the “tap repeatedly” spell is).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

IIRC the seventh cast blows up the sigil and resets the damage ramp-up. I don't have the spell myself yet, but most things I've read say to just blast out the first three steps uncharged, then go for damage on the next four since they hit so hard.

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, Ilbarta gets its biggest boost on the 7th cast, at which point it resets the stack count.

Oh, well that's unfortunate. I guess it at least has its occasional use (probably real good dmg with the PP regen burst?), which is more than I can say about any fire spell at this point.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

jokes posted:

Don’t forget to grab that zonde spell that lets you zip forward to speed it along. Lightning charge in, zondeel, then ilzonde (or whatever the “tap repeatedly” spell is).

Ilzonde is the dash. I... forget which one "tap repeatedly" is.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Nemo2342 posted:

So last night I was working on getting through Episode 1's story quests, and took a break because Dark Falz popped up as an urgent quest. After one hell of a slog (why did I think doing it on SH was worth the time?) I went back to the story..and found that I had left off on the quest that introduces Dark Falz in the first place.

I have to say the fight afterwards was very satisfying. He may have been scaled up to my level, but he wasn't prepared for my +35 Nemesis chain with max Light element.

I'd call this... maybe not my biggest problem with PSO2, but definitely my weirdest. Urgent quests against stuff like Dark Falz and Luther are basically just built-in ways to feel like you just sequence-broke to the final boss.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh, well that's unfortunate. I guess it at least has its occasional use (probably real good dmg with the PP regen burst?), which is more than I can say about any fire spell at this point.

Ilbarta really shines when you have multiple forces in your group all casting it on the same enemy. All casts of it from every force in the group add on to the stacks, so you'll cycle through to the big hits very quickly.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

If it keeps boosting beyond that then is it worth using on HP sponge enemies like Stu, or bosses where the overall party DPS isn't that great?

It's worth noting that they gave Stu a hidden ice resistance solely to prevent an entire MPA from abusing Ilbarta strats on him.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
So Customer Support finally replied to the ticket I submitted weeks ago at PC launch because my Dreamcast MAG Evolution Device disappeared... Only they apparently have no idea what I'm talking about.

What I sent in:

Annath posted:

Hi there. I logged into my account today on Windows 10, but I cannot find my promotional Dreamcast MAG evolution item that I received for playing during the Beta. I had it when I was playing on Xbox, but it is no longer in my inventory. I have not used it on my MAG, as the MAG is still normal looking. Is there a way this item can be restored?

What they replied:

PSO2 Support posted:

The PSO2 Team (PSO2)

Jun 18, 2020, 4:54 PM PDT
Greetings ARKS Operative,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase issues from the Microsoft Store and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

In order to provide more assistance, could you please provide us with the following information?

Receipt of the purchase you had issues with (preferably a screenshot of the receipt from the Microsoft Store)

Time and date the issue occurred

Any additional information you could provide would be greatly appreciated and could hasten the time this issue is resolved. We thank you again for your patience and support. We look forward to hearing from you again soon!

- The PSO2 Team

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cleretic posted:

I'd call this... maybe not my biggest problem with PSO2, but definitely my weirdest. Urgent quests against stuff like Dark Falz and Luther are basically just built-in ways to feel like you just sequence-broke to the final boss.

They’re also excellent and fun.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me that much. I mostly play World of Warcraft, so this is equivalent to someone who leveled up through running dungeons then hopped into a raid without touching most of the story quests.

The only way I could see to fix it would be to lock some UQs behind the story progression, but that would really suck since you have no control over when UQs start.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The PSO2 anime is way better than this game's story deserves.

I did up through the desert in the story and then paused and just finished the first ten episodes of the anime (the equivalent to the end of Episode 1 in the game). Started playing the game's cutscenes again and I had almost forgotten how loving suckass they are. "Hi. I'm here to chat with you for 10 seconds because I recognize it is you standing there. No, this is not moving the story at all."

If you haven't watched the anime - watch the anime. It's 1000x better than the in-game presentation of the story.
If you haven't finished the in-game story, just stop where you are and go watch the anime.

100% the best way to deal with the in-game story is to watch maybe the first 30-40 minutes of it (which will take you through Forest/Desert) then stop completely and go watch the anime. Come back when you're done and finish the in-game story to see how hosed it is.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
At least it gets a fair bit more coherent come episode 2. But I don't blame anyone for skipping through the entire Quna arc, it blows chunks and felt forced in because they couldn't fit it into the main arc of the revival of Dark Falz.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mordiceius posted:

The PSO2 anime is way better than this game's story deserves.

I did up through the desert in the story and then paused and just finished the first ten episodes of the anime (the equivalent to the end of Episode 1 in the game). Started playing the game's cutscenes again and I had almost forgotten how loving suckass they are. "Hi. I'm here to chat with you for 10 seconds because I recognize it is you standing there. No, this is not moving the story at all."

If you haven't watched the anime - watch the anime. It's 1000x better than the in-game presentation of the story.
If you haven't finished the in-game story, just stop where you are and go watch the anime.

100% the best way to deal with the in-game story is to watch maybe the first 30-40 minutes of it (which will take you through Forest/Desert) then stop completely and go watch the anime. Come back when you're done and finish the in-game story to see how hosed it is.

The anime definitely benefits from the fact that they can stay focused on a single planet, unlike the game which has to give you story beats every time they open a new area for you to explore. And Episode 1 (at least) definitely suffers from how those cutscenes were supposed to pop up while you were exploring, where it would make a lot more sense for <random npc> to pop up for 20 seconds to let you know that other Arks were out and about doing stuff too.

One thing the anime absolutely does better is sell you on how terrifying the falspawn are, and how shady ARK is.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Episode 1 is pretty much all set up for Episodes 2 and 3 so you have a lot of character introductions/term introductions and what not.

I feel like it's all paid off pretty well by Episode 3 but Episode 1 can be pretty rough.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hypocrisy posted:

Episode 1 is pretty much all set up for Episodes 2 and 3 so you have a lot of character introductions/term introductions and what not.

I feel like it's all paid off pretty well by Episode 3 but Episode 1 can be pretty rough.

Well the good news is I just finished episode 1 so now I can start on 2 after I sleep.

All said and done though, I honestly didn’t mind episode 1. It’s janky and disjointed, but I did enjoy the characters (particularly the hunter and force bit).

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
How does one apply to get into the NolVac alliance?

Do I just go on the discord and ask people in the NA gateship channel for an invite?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
yeah

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So something I've been wondering - people like Girard and Amelin have these quests like "do this rare thing" (Girard's are about finding rare enemies/bosses, Amelin's is about weather). But like, if you do an exploration, these COs don't come up in the "Find all COs for the current field" option. So what is the solution to this? Just hold them in your loving CO log in hopes it triggers at some point? Girard's especially.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
The solution is "don't bother unless it's on a bingo card or something", most client orders don't give enough money or xp for it to be worth worrying about them

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mordiceius posted:

So something I've been wondering - people like Girard and Amelin have these quests like "do this rare thing" (Girard's are about finding rare enemies/bosses, Amelin's is about weather). But like, if you do an exploration, these COs don't come up in the "Find all COs for the current field" option. So what is the solution to this? Just hold them in your loving CO log in hopes it triggers at some point? Girard's especially.

Grab them manually and abandon them afterwards if you don't complete them. Or ignore them.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
unless there's an active campaign, most COs are only worth what they reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hey my PSO2 is borked where was that method for downloading it without windows store bullshit in it? That IIRC cleaned up your exisintg leftover files?