Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I wouldn't have complained about it just being a penalty, but nothing at all? Ludicrous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

I wouldn't have complained about it just being a penalty, but nothing at all? Ludicrous.

And now he's out of the game after failing the HIA from that shot. What a crock of poo poo.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The game was over at that point I reckon, lost it in bombing two consecutive tries leading into Kodi sinbin. Absolute shocker of a call though, video ref didn't even seem to look at Latrell's tackle yet even so he missed the later defender leading with knees.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 19, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Panthers kicking game is pretty impressive

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo that was the best ever "gently caress you" to Cam Smith

Smith blocks off a runner and just whines to the ref when penalised. Ref cuts him off and just asks "do you want to challenge it?", twice. Then just walks away when Cam smirked and refused to challenge.

Perfect.

(Then Anasta and Cronk suck him off and pretend it wasn't a penalty)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
storm what r u doing u r fuckin up my tips

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

storm what r u doing u r fuckin up my tips

Did anyone not tip them? Coming back strong, I guess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jumping on someone is being tackled in the air i guess

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we bashed the storms up last week to make
it easy on you panfers

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
eat poo poo storm

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
This is really cringey stuff from Fox obsessing over Latrell being consoled in the sheds - seems likely it's an off field thing but they just won't let it go.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they should leave Latrell alone

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

bowmore posted:

eat poo poo storm

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This result bodes poorly for the Warriors next weekend...

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

iajanus posted:

Did anyone not tip them?

Biased tipping wins again!

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

This result bodes poorly for the Warriors next weekend...

Our season was hosed as soon as our roster was finalised anyway.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Our season was hosed as soon as our roster was finalised anyway.

Honestly I've been pleasantly surprised by a few things this season, even last night wasn't a complete disaster.

There's a lot to like about the performances of the young forwards, Kodi has been of some value, and we even jagged a couple of wins without RTS carrying the load. Hell, even Blair and Green have put in some good performances. Tohu playing significant minutes in the middle has been fantastic too, he is legitimately one of the best players in the game so getting him more involved was well overdue.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Apparently Kearney has been fired. I thought he would have had a longer leash, but whatever. He sucked and we’re better off without him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats Warriors fans, Kearny got the sack

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Jono C posted:

Apparently Kearney has been fired. I thought he would have had a longer leash, but whatever. He sucked and we’re better off without him.

I do wonder how much of a difference the next guy will make. How many have they been through now?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Titans and dragons is a cripple fight

Also congrats warriors fans

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

I do wonder how much of a difference the next guy will make. How many have they been through now?
i doubt a lot unless they manage to change the culture

i think only bellamy could do it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tigers are mauling those cows

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Down the coast for iajWife's birthday and have the setup sorted

Let's see how the Tigers gently caress this one up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Down the coast for iajWife's birthday and have the setup sorted

Let's see how the Tigers gently caress this one up
i think they’ll be ok tonight

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

i think they’ll be ok tonight

If it aint a 32 point lead it aint safe.

Every Tiger fan knows. Cries.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

If it aint a 32 point lead it aint safe.

Every Tiger fan knows. Cries.

gently caress that Panthers game in 2000 scarred me

Also that one the eels scored 30 points in 13 minutes

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
34 nil. A dangerous scoreline.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

What did I say

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ok now I'm confident we'll win

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Ok now I'm confident we'll win

To be fair one man benches don't help.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

To be fair one man benches don't help.

We could have done the same or worse with a full Bench

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Help I'm finding myself cheering for Parramatta - that Sivo try was insane

edit: oh look a profile update, thanks whoever that was overdue!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Help I'm finding myself cheering for Parramatta - that Sivo try was insane

edit: oh look a profile update, thanks whoever that was overdue!

I'm from the Parramatta area so I feel qualified to say gently caress off Parra, I hope you never win a premiership or any games at all. Their supporters' tears are delicious and valued.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
gently caress the Warriors. Yeah Kearney has been poo poo, but he’s not the first and won’t be the last. To do him like this, in a season that will always have an asterisk by it anyway, after all the sacrifices the team has made, with Kearney apparently being a key part in talking the players into the relocation and isolation plan is a loving dog move.

“NZ Herald” posted:

Kearney did not have a face-to-face meeting to learn his fate, but was instead told over the phone and tasked with sharing the news with the playing group.

“Yeah listen mate, gently caress off, oh but can you let the boys know on your way out the door?”

This is how you want to be seen treating your people just as you start trying to recruit a top tier replacement? Who wants this poisoned chalice?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Sure, but he sucks and the team has sucked for quite some time largely because of him. Timing is terrible but can't say I'm too bothered, he's lucky he lasted this long.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

gently caress the Warriors. Yeah Kearney has been poo poo, but he’s not the first and won’t be the last. To do him like this, in a season that will always have an asterisk by it anyway, after all the sacrifices the team has made, with Kearney apparently being a key part in talking the players into the relocation and isolation plan is a loving dog move.

“Yeah listen mate, gently caress off, oh but can you let the boys know on your way out the door?”

This is how you want to be seen treating your people just as you start trying to recruit a top tier replacement? Who wants this poisoned chalice?

The timing of the firing is really loving weird. We've had two wins and two losses since the resumption, and Friday's loss included injuries and bad luck. Making Kearney tell the players that he had been fired is cowardly. The club has been making a big deal about how everyone is "all in", except ownership and the current front office sucks and I don't see how anyone would want to follow them.

Smorgasbord posted:

Sure, but he sucks and the team has sucked for quite some time largely because of him. Timing is terrible but can't say I'm too bothered, he's lucky he lasted this long.

Yeah, all of this too. It was inevitable that Kearney was going to get fired. He's very responsible for the state the team is in. We should have made a run at the playoffs last year but Kearney's poor little ego forced Johnson out the door a year early, which quickly exposed his garbage game plans. It's all good and well having the highest completion rate in the comp, but it's a waste of time when we finish sets with Green kicking the ball straight to the fullback, who can then start their sets with a 20 metre running start.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

He seems like a great guy and a lot of past and current players are upset but ultimately we're not over there on a summer camp with cool camp leader Mooks. I probably would've let it play out a bit more, Melbourne are up next so after that thrashing it would've seemed 'fairer' but I don't hate the call.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Sea Eagles are down two players 4 minutes into the game, this could get ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is going to be a rough afternoon for manly

:)