Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

RIPmond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Too early to call

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol lynch misses from the top of the goal square set shot

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

realbez posted:

You Hate To See It

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
loving hell

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hawthorn beating Richmond is like they are that villain from the first movie who ends up being sort of an anti-villain/semi-hero in sequels

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1273579943037812737?s=19

:pusheen:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nooooiiiccce

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Get in the bin richmond.

Also hawks.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol tiges

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

thepokey posted:

Hawthorn beating Richmond is like they are that villain from the first movie who ends up being sort of an anti-villain/semi-hero in sequels
It's nice being Apollo Creed until you decide to go fight the Russian dude

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Does this mean Collingwood is also bad? :getin:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
One day, one glorious day Sam Newman will be trending for the right reason

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm imagining so many Tiges fans open-palm slapped that membership into the microwave after last night

delicious

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I miss seeing them lose their poo poo at the actual game though.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/mattgoss_/status/1273574871398637569/photo/2

The Deadly Hume posted:

I miss seeing them lose their poo poo at the actual game though.

:same:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 19, 2020

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Nathan Jones dropped.

Kinda feel for the bloke. Needed 16 games to reach 300, missed round 1 with injury, then Coronavirus shortened the season, now out of the side...

Would be a better end to a sad career if he could get to 300 this year then retire.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Windmill Hut posted:

Nathan Jones dropped.

Kinda feel for the bloke. Needed 16 games to reach 300, missed round 1 with injury, then Coronavirus shortened the season, now out of the side...

Would be a better end to a sad career if he could get to 300 this year then retire.

Is he really that cooked? That kind of snuck up on me

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

Is he really that cooked? That kind of snuck up on me

He had a bad game last week but I don’t think he’s cooked

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Jones is second on the all time games played for Melbourne list, behind only Neitz.

He’s been having more and more bad games over the last couple of years, and I don’t know that there’s really a position he demands a spot in.

He’s come off half back a reasonable amount since getting squeezed out of the middle. At one point we were running him and Jordan Lewis off the half back. Well, “running”. But given how much Rivers showed last week I could understand wanting to get as much gametime into him as possible.

On the other hand it’s pretty clear from the first two rounds that we aren’t serious this year, so get him to 300 games because there’s a very short list of people who’ve earned it more than him. The loving poo poo he has had to put up with from this club, having someone plodding around on field to become only our second ever 300 gamer seems entirely reasonable to me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/footyrhino/status/1273531428454555648?s=21

https://twitter.com/footyrhino/status/1273889082473476096?s=21

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Not sure whos gonna win this without Kelly and Greene now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That was a very sweet field kick

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jones is second on the all time games played for Melbourne list, behind only Neitz.

He’s been having more and more bad games over the last couple of years, and I don’t know that there’s really a position he demands a spot in.

He’s come off half back a reasonable amount since getting squeezed out of the middle. At one point we were running him and Jordan Lewis off the half back. Well, “running”. But given how much Rivers showed last week I could understand wanting to get as much gametime into him as possible.

On the other hand it’s pretty clear from the first two rounds that we aren’t serious this year, so get him to 300 games because there’s a very short list of people who’ve earned it more than him. The loving poo poo he has had to put up with from this club, having someone plodding around on field to become only our second ever 300 gamer seems entirely reasonable to me.

The Dees, in over 160 years of history, have not only ever had the one player crack 300 game, they have only had 9 players play over 250 games for the club.

This loving club I swear to god

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

By comparison the Eagles, established in the mid-80s and have to travel the length of the country every second week, have 8 players who have played 250 games and over for the club

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Giants have been awful tonight. Bulldogs haven't been great but we should absolutely be burying them.

snaeksikn posted:

The Dees, in over 160 years of history, have not only ever had the one player crack 300 game, they have only had 9 players play over 250 games for the club.

This loving club I swear to god

Meanwhile the Bulldogs have had over 6 300 gamers and an extra 5 250+ gamers.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thepokey posted:

:getin:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thepokey posted:

Mate we can only hope.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

My god, just let old man Shaw retire already.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Quick question; have the Giants ever had a first ruckman that wasn't either pushing 30 or over 30?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
giants pls

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

There’s been a few Real Bad kick choices the end of this quarter.

My wife’s also not a fan of some of the hairstyles.

[Edit] it’s a donnybrook!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
few fines coming out of this fracas

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

Quick question; have the Giants ever had a first ruckman that wasn't either pushing 30 or over 30?

They had Rory Lobb but he's always been pissy about being a ruck over a forward and got traded over it iirc

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The giants have a real problem with kicking tiny scores lately

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's very rude, but completely understandable, to wish death on poor Sammy just because he's a total trashbag of a human being.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

English has been real good at dropping back. Good ruckman work

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’d put footy fights only below ice hockey on the ranking ladder of fights in team sports. Baseball fights are worse, basketball fights have been legislated out of the NBA, and American football ones happen very rarely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

English has been real good at dropping back. Good ruckman work

Bulldogs had two brownlow winning ruckmen that did the same thing, he's no Dempsey and he lacks the strength of Wynd but if you aren't a dominant tap ruck then you need to do stuff like that.