Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

They had Rory Lobb but he's always been pissy about being a ruck over a forward and got traded over it iirc

Lobb was never a ruckman. He was just a tall player that they threw into the ruck to fill a gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/hbyyr6/shaw_handballs_it_to_richards_in_the_goal_square/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Heath Shaw, go home and be a family man.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

snaeksikn posted:

The Dees, in over 160 years of history, have not only ever had the one player crack 300 game, they have only had 9 players play over 250 games for the club.

This loving club I swear to god

Just a reminder that Freo have more 300+ game players than Melbourne

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

It's very rude, but completely understandable, to wish death on poor Sammy just because he's a total trashbag of a human being.

It would be an act of mercy. It must be exhausting to be such a frothing fountain of bile every day of your miserable life.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Remember when all the jokes about Sam Newman were "Hahaha you are an old man with cosmetic surgery who dates much younger women, (and occasionally gets punched by their boyfriends)"?

Much more innocent times.

As opposed to now when the jokes are "Shut the gently caress up Sam you out of touch, irrelevant old hateful bigot!"

Which strangely enough isn't as funny.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

harperdc posted:

I’d put footy fights only below ice hockey on the ranking ladder of fights in team sports. Baseball fights are worse, basketball fights have been legislated out of the NBA, and American football ones happen very rarely.
Funny thing is that we don't get so many of those these days. Which means the Westerns and the Greater Westerns really hate each other.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Funny thing is that we don't get so many of those these days. Which means the Westerns and the Greater Westerns really hate each other.

The Giants are just absolute fuckwits that have never gotten over 2016 where their fans were drowned out in a home game and then Toby Greene punched Caleb Daniel in the face as he was running past, kicked Dahlhaus in the face, punched Cooney in the face back in the day and tried to stick his fingers in Bonts face. They showed their cards immediately by having Haynes flip the coin even though he's not the captain and it's pretty clear that they just can't stop themselves being absolute loving grubs when they play against us.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bont did gently caress up his throat, though. And he got off.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

Bont did gently caress up his throat, though. And he got off.

There's a difference between just an accidental collision in the course of the game which results in an injury and some oval office like Toby Greene just punching Caleb Daniel in the face with a roundhouse as Daniel was running past. One is an accident and it sucks and the other is yet another case of a sociopath that can't stop himself from doing poo poo like that.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alright I agree GWS is stacked with dickheads, and I also agree that Bont didn’t mean to crush Haynes’ larynx but that’s wasn’t an accidental collision. It was a crude late hit and was intended to hurt. The dogs aren’t innocent little underdogs anymore we can’t keep pretending they are. They are very unlikable again

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Should that hit on Whitfield have resulted in a free kick? I thought it was just part of the play but I've seen a bunch of people on BigFooty saying GWS were robbed

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nah I thought Whitfield did that to himself

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Yeah that was my impression, almost headbutted his shoulder

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

Should that hit on Whitfield have resulted in a free kick? I thought it was just part of the play but I've seen a bunch of people on BigFooty saying GWS were robbed

Nah, Naughton was clearly chasing the ball and didn't go off his line. Accidents happen and good players get injured but sometimes a guy getting knocked out in a collision is just that.

edit: I don't want to victim blame but Whitfield pulling short in the contest was what probably caused him to get caught in the head

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whitfield was being very brave by putting his head over the ball but sadly for him someone bigger was already bending down to pick it up and coming towards him very quickly.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bjwaterworth/status/1274209702751039490

rip footy

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-20/victoria-coronavirus-numbers-increase-again-with-more-new-cases/

Such a great idea to not run footy hubs in actual COVID free states SA and WA rather than Victoria or bust

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Connor McKenna has the rona

Good job Bombers.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s always the loving bombers

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Connor McKenna has the rona

Good job Bombers.

Apparently he was training with the team this morning.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And tested positive yesterday...

loving hell essendon. Strip them of a flag.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

drunkill posted:

And tested positive yesterday...

loving hell essendon. Strip them of a flag.

Legit he tested positive yesterday and trained today?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

quote:

ssendon defended Conor McKenna has tested positive for COVID-19.

McKenna was named to play his first game of 2020 at the MCG.

The Irishman returned back into the country last month and served two weeks self-isolation.

He had since returned to training and was with teammates as recently as Saturday

All players are required to have a COVID-19 test 24 hours out from an AFL match.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will hold a press conference at the MCG at 4pm.

Saturday would either be today or last sat? Dons played Sydney last Sunday. Sydney shared a plane with GWS to get to Melbourne. GWS played the Dogs already. Sydney just played North. Rip Football?

E: hopefully it's today.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 20, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm seeing that he trained yesterday with the squad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Memento posted:

I'm seeing that he trained yesterday with the squad.

Thank god.

Dons V Dees game has been postponed.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
oh boy, Victoria holding at current rona restrictions and now McKenna tests positive, this is going to go into summer. How do they resched the Dons and Melbourne game? And then they have to test everyone before next weekend if they want to play then or for a fortnight?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Periphery posted:

Thank god.

Dons V Dees game has been postponed.

That being said Gil doesn't know if he trained with them this morning

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Why is it always Essendon

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think it’s a great idea they cancel Essendon vs Melbourne.

Wait, what’s Coronavirus?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We are friends with one of the Essendon players partners, apparently the club was telling families there’s nothing to worry about because coronavirus only affects old people

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/jhudson_10/status/1274214207605465088

https://twitter.com/mirrorballsuit/status/1274213643593211905

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

We are friends with one of the Essendon players partners, apparently the club was telling families there’s nothing to worry about because coronavirus only affects old people

Good to see their medical advice is still elite

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Hey so can the Demons just get the four points?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Gil should've cancelled the season, effective immediately.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Never would have happened under Sheeds

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zero correct tips so far this round :(

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine no Essendon
It’s easy if you try

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

monolithburger posted:

Gil should've cancelled the season, effective immediately.

Agreed

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I old my wife about one of the Essendon players getting the rona, her immediate response was “don’t they always test positive?”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Deadly Hume posted:

Why is it always Essendon

Spedman posted:

I old my wife about one of the Essendon players getting the rona, her immediate response was “don’t they always test positive?”.

:eyepop: