Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Seven-Three really has been more of a credible threat to the gang than Moro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
lmfao what a dumb turn

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Here comes a new challenger! Perfect Moro.

Actually how does that even work? Did he have all that power saved up and why not just hit the 73 out of him?

You know what, everything before the twist was perfect and I wonder how they're going to solve this

And it's me, the guy who keeps thinking that Piccolo asking how someone trained and how some technique works means he'll start training and become relevant again.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
According to Toyriyama-san, Yamcha is the same character from "Dr. Slump." who once "turned into a tiger and beat everyone, even the hilariously overpowered ones.

Hence, I am submitting this photographic evidence of how strong Yamcha actually is.

just bob fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 18, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Darth TNT posted:

And it's me, the guy who keeps thinking that Piccolo asking how someone trained and how some technique works means he'll start training and become relevant again.

Vegeta extending a mocking offer to split Piccolo back up into his pre-Namek stage just felt cruel.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Vegeta isn't someone who misreads his opponent's strength.'

I'm sorry, but, what?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's been almost a decade since majin buu so piccolo is right

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Pureauthor posted:

'Vegeta isn't someone who misreads his opponent's strength.'

I'm sorry, but, what?

I think in some ways Dragon Ball is old enough to have gotten into that Star Trek-like black hole where the writers and original creators got on with their lives -- while the fanbase continued to eat up any scrap they could get -- with them returning to deliver somewhat flanderized versions of Goku and co. based on the popular tropes that rose through 20 some odd years of there being no official content.

Or maybe it's mistranslated, who knows.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Of course Vegeta can accurately judge how powerful his foes are, it's his own strength he hilariously overestimates.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Didn't he underestimate Jiren?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

EVERYONE underestimated Jiren.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I still can't get over how this random rear end robot is so drat important.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

just bob posted:

This is so obviously drawn by Tori himself it's even funny.

However, I always worry about the guy when he draws Goku.

No way Toriyama would draw so many pointless reaction panels

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Super Vegeta is way better at reading people than Vegeta.

Ugh, I'm guessing the key to all of this is someone who got their energy back we haven't considered, but I have no idea who. They basically said "anyone relevant didn't die," but no idea what this means.

I do like Vegeta having an ability that punches the bullshit out of people.

Wait, Goku didn't learn this in the Cell and Buu sagas, and thats just hilarious.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

god i hate moro as a villain

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Moro was coolest when he was just a massive old goat in a cloak using magic martial arts and satan power

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurora posted:

god i hate moro as a villain

Black August posted:

Moro was coolest when he was just a massive old goat in a cloak using magic martial arts and satan power

:yeah:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Heroes added something pretty neat. This Goku/Trunks/Pan combo attack has two references to the GT opening, both the very beginning and very end are from it, though replacing the GT versions of them for their Xeno versions.
https://twitter.com/SDBHxyz0210/status/1273290234801713152

For reference (links to the first part, last part's at 1:43)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYB09uvKH4&t=61s

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Vegeta saved Namek and possibly other planets. Good job Vegeta.

Don't like Moro's new look but it feels like it's about time for Buu to wake up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Heroes added something pretty neat. This Goku/Trunks/Pan combo attack has two references to the GT opening, both the very beginning and very end are from it, though replacing the GT versions of them for their Xeno versions.
https://twitter.com/SDBHxyz0210/status/1273290234801713152

For reference (links to the first part, last part's at 1:43)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYB09uvKH4&t=61s

How does Pan still not have a super saiyan form?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

moro would be 1000% better if he grew his drat beard back

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

They can create unique SS4 forms for everybody, give Trunks super saiyan god, make the mess that are the xeno versions of every loving villain from the movies, but giving Pan golden spiky hair when the female saiyan can do it is too much apparently.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/MatoiRisu/status/1273741877766995968

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't the entire idea behind GT Pan that she was completely useless and only existed to cause trouble for Goku?

With that in mind, I have to imagine they don't really care about her that much.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Okay I absolutely believe Toriyama is writing this now because this is some Cell Games level of nonsense

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Huh, I guess he's just voring directly now. Kind of a common trait in Dragon Ball villains come to think.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Vegeta: "I can literally punch the absorption bullshit out of you! What now, Moro?!"
Moro: absorption bullshit intensifies
Vegeta: "OH poo poo"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Thought this was a really solid chapter... then the last few pages happened.

I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao ok man i guess we're back to one of the 3 characters toriyama can make...BUT ALL TOGETHER

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Okay I absolutely believe Toriyama is writing this now because this is some Cell Games level of nonsense

Yeah but toryiama also wrote broly which was shockingly straightforward

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
You can't fool me that just Cell with some horns glued on :saddowns:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sindai posted:

You can't fool me that just Cell with some horns glued on :saddowns:

He just ate hatless Cell.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

iirc Moro’s character design was made by Toyotaro, not Toriyama

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So I guess Vegeta's just gonna punch the bullshit out of Landfill 2.0 now? His spare tire doesn't prevent him from those attacks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

So I guess Vegeta's just gonna punch the bullshit out of Landfill 2.0 now? His spare tire doesn't prevent him from those attacks.

Well he claims it's his power so it presumably doesn't work.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Well I mean in his defence, Piccolo wasn't around for a lot of those poundings. Still funny.

Ramadu posted:

lmao ok man i guess we're back to one of the 3 characters toriyama can make...BUT ALL TOGETHER

I do like that furcollar a lot.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I liked the chapter.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I liked the chapter.

Me too

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not a big fan of Moro’s new generic DB villain look but a decent chapter regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

Well he claims it's his power so it presumably doesn't work.

I think the claim is that he made a backup to return him to his power status before Vegeta started fission tactics, didn't specify that he was immune to the new technique.