Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

CocoaNuts posted:

Fox? The network that puts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham on the air each weekday got pissy about urine?

gently caress 'em!

Fox is owned by Disney now and FoxNews is a separate entity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Reality Protester posted:

Almost, but no. Fox/FoxNews/Fox Sports Net were the parts that didn't get sold to Disney.

Fox news has totally different leadership to Fox tho.

The production stuff (20th century fox etc) is now Disney.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

CocoaNuts posted:

Fox? The network that puts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham on the air each weekday got pissy about urine?

gently caress 'em!

WWE Discussion Is Pissy About Urine For June 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:lmao:

https://twitter.com/JamieCoyWJ/status/1274018642452262912

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reality Protester posted:

Disney owns ABC so they were not allowed to absorb the FOX network

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said the positive test was from a woman NXT talent who was used to comprise the fans in the crowd earlier in the month

No other NXT talent in the crowd have tested positive

edit: https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1274039925873299456

What was this deleted tweet?

Also, of course they were actively involved in being in the crowd the whole time. Of course.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

What was this deleted tweet?

Also, of course they were actively involved in being in the crowd the whole time. Of course.

”Matt Riddle’s debut is no longer featured in the https://t.co/aBL0CeB0Hu #SmackDown preview for tonight.”

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CocoaNuts posted:

gently caress 'em!

Weird reaction to a post about WWE deteriorating it’s relationship with it’s largest broadcaster.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

extradite THIS! posted:

”Matt Riddle’s debut is no longer featured in the https://t.co/aBL0CeB0Hu #SmackDown preview for tonight.”

He is back on the schedule.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're loving morons if they debut Riddle tonight. Like, dude needs to be fired instead of debuted.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Episode is in the can and they cannot make edits to an already created product, there is no way to do so.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Could be a Velveteen Dream sort of situation where they don't think there's anything to the allegations, wouldn't be a first for WWE.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Could be a (insert wrestler name) sort of situation where they don't care

fixed this for you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE gave a statement to a Forbes article writer

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1274084980541419520

karmicknight posted:

Episode is in the can and they cannot make edits to an already created product, there is no way to do so.

They can just fill the time with a Raw recap or an old match or something

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Incessant Excess posted:

Could be a Velveteen Dream sort of situation where they don't think there's anything to the allegations, wouldn't be a first for WWE.

If the Dream stuff happened right now it would've had a lot more momentum.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lol what an awful policy. "Until there are arrests...not our problem!"

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

karmicknight posted:

Weird reaction to a post about WWE deteriorating it’s relationship with it’s largest broadcaster.

Fox isn't going to sever ties over a piss segment. If so, they can joint the "Kiss my rear end club."

The WWE's ratings have been in freefall for what? A year? They've lost some of their biggest stars and haven't been able to generate many new heels/faces that fans care about. That's a much bigger issue than one silly pee-pee spot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/danlaw74/status/1274088379844526081
I'm sure to print all of my important legal documents for my clients on nothing but the finest of label paper.

Edit: Lol deleted.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 19, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why even print it out and take a picture of it? Like, just keep it digital.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I have the suspicion this dude doesn't know that save to pdf is a thing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

If the Dream stuff happened right now it would've had a lot more momentum.

As opposed to, what, two months ago when it did happen?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

a little less than that

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah. That was height of covid who gives a poo poo about anything else? poo poo like Bill Cosby was being talked about way before Hannibal Burress and Louis CK was a years long thing before his exploded. For things to get attention and momentum timing is everything.

Edit- Just to add that's why the first move in these situations by people and companies is to see if it just blows over.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 19, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah. That was height of covid who gives a poo poo about anything else? poo poo like Bill Cosby was being talked about way before Hannibal Burress and Louis CK was a years long thing before his exploded. For things to get attention and momentum timing is everything.

Edit- Just to add that's why the first move in these situations by people and companies is to see if it just blows over.

lol if you think they cared more before Covid or care more about it now. But I misjudged how cynical your post was. I think we can all agree that #rapedlivesmatter is not anywhere on WWE's agenda unless public opinion forces the issue.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Codependent Poster posted:

https://twitter.com/danlaw74/status/1274099334712373249
He's not tech savvy give him a break. Dude seems like kind of a bad lawyer!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rarity posted:

WWE gave a statement to a Forbes article writer

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1274084980541419520

nothing says zero tolerance policy like "if you get arrested for any of these things we'll send you home!"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

lol if you think they cared more before Covid or care more about it now. But I misjudged how cynical your post was. I think we can all agree that #rapedlivesmatter is not anywhere on WWE's agenda unless public opinion forces the issue.

No poo poo. And obviously they didn't care more before Covid but it was much easier to just not address.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 19, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

These statements by wwe that keep getting posted about "No other WWE performer tested positive" are really fuckin' funny considering they don't test anyone

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

These statements by wwe that keep getting posted about "No other WWE performer tested positive" are really fuckin' funny considering they don't test anyone

The best kind of being correct!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/danlaw74/status/1274099334712373249
He's not tech savvy give him a break. Dude seems like kind of a bad lawyer!

Part of my work is dealing with lawyers trying to get substance abuse treatment records from us for mutual clients. We have a nice collection of snippy letters from them that go something like this:

"we think our normal HIPAA form is good enough to get these records because it works for every place else, but we don't want to waste our time destroying you in court so here's your super special proprietary form, we respectfully hope you choke on it and die"

Also there is a troublingly large amount of attorneys using hotmail addresses as their main communication.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So Riddle hired his weed man to represent him I assume?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

On a lighter note, my favorite brewery released a "Royal Stumble" line of beers. To celebrate the release, they've got old episodes of Superstars on :allears:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Oh Snapple! posted:

I have the suspicion this dude doesn't know that save to pdf is a thing.

Why save to PDF when you charge an insane amount per hour, then can also get them on printing and scanning fees, plus paper fees. I mean, there are 8 labels on that page, might as well charge for 8 labels.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Florida lawyers are basically a parody of themselves

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CocoaNuts posted:

Fox isn't going to sever ties over a piss segment. If so, they can joint the "Kiss my rear end club."

The WWE's ratings have been in freefall for what? A year? They've lost some of their biggest stars and haven't been able to generate many new heels/faces that fans care about. That's a much bigger issue than one silly pee-pee spot.

Being so mad about a segment that you pull it from the West Coast feed (as I believe happened with this segment) seems to indicate a breakdown in relations that is noteworthy. I don't get how you manage to agree with me (that WWE's relationship with Fox is collapsing) while trying to be a trolling idiot but cool look, I guess.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1274123347308285955

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Astro7x posted:

"so it's a company called um allied bioscience that we work through they have a spray that is um there's a process which makes it cling to surfaces um and that the surface once it's coated with this it lasts for 90 to 120 days and it acts like it uh sort of how it was explained to me it acts like a sword that punctures the cell wall of the virus or what causes the virus and kills it on contact and that lasts for 190 days and i mean the 90 to 120 days and it lasts through even the other cleaning and and various levels of everything we're doing so we've um you know coated our facilities the performance centers all our warehouses even our production trucks with all of that um in addition to what ben said is that uh the level of cleaning every single usage and cleaning between everything and we're taking every precaution that we have been advised um is a best practice to take and and then some."

Imagine saying these words in total seriousness

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oldpainless posted:

Imagine saying these words in total seriousness

If I remember right, wasn't it also a case of somebody asking Vince what health steps they were taking, and Vince blindsiding HHH by going,"Oh that's Hunter's specialty, take it away Hunter!" ?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

He can take his awful as gently caress chest tattoo and sail back to England on it. Guess that's one UUDD champ that is now stricken from the records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hey, that tat got him like a one week push before they decided to instead do a tasteless firing angle.