Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh he absolutely cut his own hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Seems like a good time to put some money on Gall

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

CRISPYBABY posted:

So there I was, living under a bridge pretending I was Wes Sims so that I could observe and get closer to Mark Coleman.....

a car nearby backfires and before you know it your head is hitting concrete as a sweaty tomato red man double-legs you off of the mortal coil

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

CocoaNuts posted:

Sure. enjoy a laugh at the expense of the new guy. For the record, I didn't know whether LobsterMobster was some sort of Tito fan and just as dense as his idol. Now I know I got played. Won't happen a second time. Game on.

BaconPirate posted:

Sure. enjoy a laugh at the expense of the new guy. For the record, I didn't know whether LobsterMobster was some sort of Tito fan and just as dense as his idol. Now I know I got played. Won't happen a second time. Game on.

Yo this had me real confused for a minute, I thought it was the same person just literally posting the same thing he said the other day.

Anyway I'm now more than ever convinced that every single person with a recent regdate posting in here (SA Forums Poster and the two quoted above) is a rereg, but either way nobody gives a poo poo if you're old or new or whatever, :justpost: (but better).

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Speaking of Miami

Mike Perry is God's perfect moron

https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/1273658810134134785?s=19

The cut on his forehead will probably heal up but that index finger knuckle looks fuckin wrecked, he might legit get stopped from competing

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mark Coleman recently shared a fantastic story about a Japanese gameshow he did [Here's the actual interview with some other good stories as well]

The 'Mark Coleman in Ikea' post except it's Mark Coleman tearing the pants off Japanese men

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Brut posted:

Yo this had me real confused for a minute, I thought it was the same person just literally posting the same thing he said the other day.

Anyway I'm now more than ever convinced that every single person with a recent regdate posting in here (SA Forums Poster and the two quoted above) is a rereg, but either way nobody gives a poo poo if you're old or new or whatever, :justpost: (but better).

Yeah, I'm fatherdog, AMA

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

SA Forums Poster posted:

Yeah, I'm fatherdog, AMA

nope

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:laffo:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

CommonShore posted:

I get the sense that Lobstermobster is a Tito fan in the same way that someone is an Alan Partridge fan. Like she watches Tito, and she enjoys time spent observing him, but I don't think she likes him.

I feel like that's a fairly accurate description of everyone here

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

SA Forums Poster posted:

Yeah, I'm fatherdog, AMA

:perfect:

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

Sure. enjoy a laugh at the expense of the new guy. For the record, I didn't know whether fight island was some sort of actual island or just abu dhabi Now I know I got played. Won't happen a second time. Game on.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Someone remind me. Who was the Alaskan Fighting Championships dude on the season of TUF where they wanted to find Demetrious Johnson's next victim? If I remember correctly he was like 6'2" and cut down to fight at flyweight, and also, like most TUF participants since the Dawn of Time, he loving Sucked.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Memento posted:

Someone remind me. Who was the Alaskan Fighting Championships dude on the season of TUF where they wanted to find Demetrious Johnson's next victim? If I remember correctly he was like 6'2" and cut down to fight at flyweight, and also, like most TUF participants since the Dawn of Time, he loving Sucked.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/43175-terrence-mitchell

This dude?

I've never watched TUF, this is just what google pulled up, he's listed as 5'10" which is still really big for flyweight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yes! That's the guy. I remember Kai-Kara France loving decking him in their fight but I wasn;t having any luck finding a gif or a video due to lack of good search terms. Thank you!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Memento posted:

Yes! That's the guy. I remember Kai-Kara France loving decking him in their fight but I wasn;t having any luck finding a gif or a video due to lack of good search terms. Thank you!

I literally just started watching that season last night. Terrence is really weird, reminds me of the guy with the hat in Get Out.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I remember that season of TUF for

- tim elliott being a weirdo
- henry cejudo calling joe benavidez the f-slur on the very last scene
- https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/1155408020194648064

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Cortney Casey just weighed in at 123.5 with the hoop and really shaky (hands up so no shenanigans) which made me think it was a huge weight miss, but no it's a flyweight bout, so :shrug:.

Just tuned in so I don't know who else weight in so far, I'll probably update this post when it's done if nothing exceptional happens that would prompt me to update it sooner.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Brut posted:

Cortney Casey just weighed in at 123.5 with the hoop and really shaky (hands up so no shenanigans) which made me think it was a huge weight miss, but no it's a flyweight bout, so :shrug:.

Just tuned in so I don't know who else weight in so far, I'll probably update this post when it's done if nothing exceptional happens that would prompt me to update it sooner.

I woke up this morning, realized there were weigh ins again already, and made a Jim from the Office face because I don’t know if I can care.

Decent looking heavyweight fight on top of the card, at least.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I woke up this morning, realized there were weigh ins again already, and made a Jim from the Office face because I don’t know if I can care. ```````````````````````````````

I'm only looking forward to it because it's an excuse to hang out with everyone in the discord, that card looks rough

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I woke up this morning, realized there were weigh ins again already, and made a Jim from the Office face because I don’t know if I can care.

Decent looking heavyweight fight on top of the card, at least.

If you care about crowd favorites, Roxy and Belal are fighting.

If you care about the old guard, Jim Miller and Clay Guida are fighting.

If you care about the young prospects, Roosevelt Roberts, Shane Burgos and Brianna van Buren are fighting.

But you're telling me that you only care about the Heavyweight fight? The one where one of the fighters is telling you not to tune in?

https://twitter.com/RazorBlaydes265/status/1273809250867798018

This is a decent card and I'm looking forward to it.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

alright after seeing this, i'm in

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Brut posted:

If you care about the young prospects, Roosevelt Roberts, Shane Burgos and Brianna van Buren are fighting.

But you're telling me that you only care about the Heavyweight fight? The one where one of the fighters is telling you not to tune in?

You had me at Roxy.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Frank Camacho weighed in at 158, everyone else made weight. (Blaydes 261 Volkov 247)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Brut posted:

rag dolling someone is cool as hell

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/828072771083190272

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

rag dolling someone is cool as hell

I agree, and also lmao:

It's loving crazy that Blaydes has 10 minutes 45 seconds of Octagon time with Ngannou resulting in 2 separate losses, and everyone else he's beaten convincingly, for whoever was asking a couple pages ago about trilogy fights where the first 2 fights were won by the same person, Ngannou vs Blaydes is probably gonna be the next one.

That first fight was his UFC debut, and Ngannou's second UFC fight, talk about an unlucky draw.

Brut fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 19, 2020

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brut posted:

I agree, and also lmao:

It's loving crazy that Blaydes has 10 minutes 45 seconds of Octagon time with Ngannou resulting in 2 separate losses, and everyone else he's beaten convincingly, for whoever was asking a couple pages ago about trilogy fights where the first 2 fights were won by the same person, Ngannou vs Blaydes is probably gonna be the next one.

That first fight was his UFC debut, and Ngannou's second UFC fight, talk about an unlucky draw.

I can’t see Ngannou taking another fight against Blaydes, though. If I were Ngannou, I would be refusing to face anyone except Jones, DC, or Stipe at this point.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

blue footed boobie posted:

I can’t see Ngannou taking another fight against Blaydes, though. If I were Ngannou, I would be refusing to face anyone except Jones, DC, or Stipe at this point.

Yeah maybe not right now but if Blaydes keeps beating everyone else it's probably gonna happen eventually.

And now, this:

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1273994312569610241

Brut fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 19, 2020

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ngannou Blaydes 1 owned because it was an injury tko due to his eye closing up and he tried to Helen Keller his way past the doctor by feeling his fingers to determine how many he was holding up, and it worked on the ref

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Brut posted:

Clay guida still fights? Good lord.

wtf lol

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Can I ask what happened to Fatherdog? I know talking about posting is lame, but I saw his name for the first time in a while. I wasn't really on the internet for a few years, but I remember him being omnipresent in the MMA threads before.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

told the taxman to gently caress off iirc

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya there was some big drama about how the forums were being run & he posted some mod forum poo poo in QCS and peaced out/was banned. he's alive on twitter, or kensei probably knows what he had for breakfast today

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

yea ok posted:

ya there was some big drama about how the forums were being run & he posted some mod forum poo poo in QCS and peaced out/was banned. he's alive on twitter, or kensei probably knows what he had for breakfast today

lol wut

I see him on Twitter that's about it.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
A bunch of moderators left for some forum drama reason, fatherdog asked to be banned and Lowtax (the one person on the forum he couldn't "nope" his way through an argument with) did indeed ban him. The wrestling moderator at the time also left and that's when they installed a new wrestling moderator and decided to not have a dedicated MMA one anymore, and honestly the community is now dead enough that it's not needed. Although I think fatherdog's departure really hurt the MMA portion of this forum in general.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

And if it matters, from what I remember at the time what fatherdog was pissed off about is he felt that d&d was being too tolerant of nazi posters.

I miss his analysis, tbh.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i think a bunch of people were tired of lowtax disappearing for months on end then kramering back and upheaving everything. its his forum though, so what are ya gonna do

on topic: i'm excited to see blaydes turn someone into a havok engine physics presentation

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
And also my last sentence doesn't mean that I think Jerusalem does a bad job as mod but having a mod that was very knowledgeable about the sport and actively engaging in discussion about it was cool to have.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
I like to think fatherdog left to pursue his arch-nemesis to whatever corner of the internet he's taken up refuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Fatherdog basically just burned out and there go we but for the grace of god amen