Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rick posted:

Hey, that tat got him like a one week push before they decided to instead do a tasteless firing angle.

Are you confusing Gallagher with Drake Maverick or did WWE have another firing angle on 205Live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Was he one of the people that got exposed?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Was he one of the people that got exposed?

Yep.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I guess we've found out how tall/pushed you need to be for wwe to care about sexual misconduct

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

For some good news, Bayley and Sasha are confirmed draws.

https://twitter.com/DannyDiaz60/status/1273904796689330176

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Dang that is pretty cool for those two.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
another person has come out in regards to Velvteen Dream grooming teens since his Tough Enough stint.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Seeing Jack Gallagher on there really bummed me out. He was on Giant Bomb podcasts and shows a couple of times and just seemed genuinely likeable. He was also one of the few wrestler my wife was a fan of. I figured his ceiling was 205 Live, but still rooted for him. This sucks but you just have to be hopeful this is a turning point for getting this poo poo out of wrestling.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Codependent Poster posted:

I Wonder if Backstage will get more than 30 viewers this week...

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1274072844167573504

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

karmicknight posted:

Being so mad about a segment that you pull it from the West Coast feed (as I believe happened with this segment) seems to indicate a breakdown in relations that is noteworthy. I don't get how you manage to agree with me (that WWE's relationship with Fox is collapsing) while trying to be a trolling idiot but cool look, I guess.

How do you think the conversation went in the Fox boardroom when they signed with VKM and WWE?

"Oh boy, we've got ourselves some real wholesome content now!!!"

LOL!

When you get in bed with Vince you expect an occasional poo poo sandwich, figuratively and literally. Fox knew that.

The urine segment was in poor taste. As the broadcasting network, Fox had the right to veto the content from the West Coast feed. They chose to exercise that option. Was it a HUGE deal? Sure, if your name is Phil Mushnick.

As I mentioned, WWE's longer-term ratings decline is a much, much bigger issue.

EDITED TO ADD: All these wrestlers getting outed for being sexual predators in real life might just be a little bigger issue than the pee-pee episode too.

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 20, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bayley and Sasha are way too cool for this company

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bayley huge for teen girls

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to hand it to WWE for finding a worse way to handle this scandal by releasing one guy but allowing another to win cleanly on a network show which sure as hell sends a very bad message to the roster

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Codependent Poster posted:

Those fans clearly tuned in hoping Charlotte would show up.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Endless Mike posted:

Bayley huge for teen girls
A lot of wrestlers are, apparently

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

another person has come out in regards to Velvteen Dream grooming teens since his Tough Enough stint.

What the gently caress is WWE's investigative process?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

who knew that teen girls aren't big on watching cucking storylines???

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Pylons posted:

Ignore Ignore Ignore Ignore Ignore Ignore

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Pylons posted:

very similar to their covid safety precautions

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Pylons posted:

Ignore it and hope it goes away

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

spongeh posted:

Seeing Jack Gallagher on there really bummed me out. He was on Giant Bomb podcasts and shows a couple of times and just seemed genuinely likeable. He was also one of the few wrestler my wife was a fan of. I figured his ceiling was 205 Live, but still rooted for him. This sucks but you just have to be hopeful this is a turning point for getting this poo poo out of wrestling.

I thought about this too. I wonder if Alex will address it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

hadji murad posted:

I thought about this too. I wonder if Alex will address it.
I've known Alex for a long time, he'll address it probably as soon as he's asked about it or made aware.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1273364286144987137

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I've known Alex for a long time, he'll address it probably as soon as he's asked about it or made aware.

Yeah he seems like a really decent guy and I’m sure he’ll say what needs to be said.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Ali's new gimmick is loving COOL

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE's case is "if they deny it then that's that, but if they own up to it, they'll be fired" its why Gallagher was fired

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh cool more tweets from that banned nutcase

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE has actively DMCA'd any and all attempts at keeping Dream's "what school do you go to" audio online

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE has actively DMCA'd any and all attempts at keeping Dream's "what school do you go to" audio online

No matter what, just when you think this company has already gone as low as they can go, they find new ways to dig even deeper.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Not hard to believe that he's talked about VD endlessly.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It was all a velveteen dream

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 20, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shocked given this company's history that the pedophile is the one they decided to go out of their way to protect.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He immediately used the Starr news to go after Bix and retweeted old tweets of himself to make sure everybody knew he knew about Starr ages ago. Usual rovert areas.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

karmicknight posted:

Being so mad about a segment that you pull it from the West Coast feed (as I believe happened with this segment) seems to indicate a breakdown in relations that is noteworthy. I don't get how you manage to agree with me (that WWE's relationship with Fox is collapsing) while trying to be a trolling idiot but cool look, I guess.

I have absolutely zero clue what this argument is about as, as karmicknight notes, you appear to be agreeing the same thing, so all I can suggest is chill the gently caress out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In awkward timing: the 205 main event was apparently Jake Atlas vs Jack Gallagher

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

In awkward timing: the 205 main event was apparently Jake Atlas vs Jack Gallagher

Incredible that the one time WWE probably should've given a poo poo about 205 Live, they still let it go by

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wwe tried to cover up an active pedophile on their roster and i can't be sure whether that's going to be the most awful thing they end up doing this year or even this month

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Hirez posted:

I Wonder if Backstage will get more than 30 viewers this week...

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1274072844167573504

I remember when FOX was first advertising Smackdown and Becky was 99% of the advertisement for it. Literally no other woman on the roster existed, not even Bayley who was the champ. Then Becky didn't go to Smackdown.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
WWE will release a shitload of talent during a plague when they know they can't make a living but will defend sexual predators to the death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Hopkins FBI posted:

A lot of wrestlers are, apparently

lmfao