Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1272622443362951171

I'm so excited for this. Riptide always had really cool videos, but I've never seen a full show.

This, plus New Japan is back? WRESTLING IS PRETTY GOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1272622443362951171

I'm so excited for this. Riptide always had really cool videos, but I've never seen a full show.

This, plus New Japan is back? WRESTLING IS PRETTY GOOD

It's been my BritWres happy place post-PROGRESS. The stories are simple, the camerawork is amazing and it's given a platform to folks like Chuck Mambo, Spike Trivet and TK Cooper to be main event players. There's no commentary but they mic up the ring so that you can hear the crowd work like you're in the building.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I do not know who Cara Noir is does he do blackface?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I AM ALLOWED TO LOVE HARRY POTTER YOUR FEELINGS ARE NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY CHILDHOOD

NienNunb posted:

I do not know who Cara Noir is does he do blackface?

no, his gimmick is black swan related. mrt's things a joke. he does more white face than anything.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/BLabelPro/status/1272680094314741760

Now I'm just waiting on the hinted-about outdoors Freelance show...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Edit: David Starr issues are covered way better in the social media thread

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 18, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Did IWTV just take down all their Riptide shows?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Did IWTV just take down all their Riptide shows?

No, I can still find some via search though I have no way of telling if any that were on there are no longer.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I Before E posted:

No, I can still find some via search though I have no way of telling if any that were on there are no longer.

They'd originally had 23 shows going back to August 2017, looks like they now start mid-1018 and they don't have a promotions page.

Annoying as I was midway through watching a 2017 show, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
They’ve announced they’ve withdrawn their shows for editing out of abusers.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

superLINUS posted:

They’ve announced they’ve withdrawn their shows for editing out of abusers.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

It won't leave much of some of their early shows. Take Riptide Returns:

quote:

Singles Match
Jack Sexsmith vs. Spike Trivet
Singles Match
Dahlia Black vs. Candyfloss
Six Man Tag Team Match
Colt Cabana & The World's Cutest Tag Team (Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan) vs. British Strong Style (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)
Singles Match
Chuck Mambo vs. TK Cooper
Four Way Match
Eddie Dennis & Martina vs. Gideon Grey vs. Kurtis Chapman
Singles Match
Marty Scurll vs. Jimmy Havoc

The Candyfloss/Black match, the Mambo/Cooper match, and the Martina drinking match are all you could save.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It would be great if IWTV had a New Japan type system where each match was its own video because it would make this sort of pruning much easier

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I Before E posted:

It would be great if IWTV had a New Japan type system where each match was its own video because it would make this sort of pruning much easier

It would, and would have the advantage of letting people create, for example, a Chris Dickinson match playlist. Or all IWTV title matches. Or every Bear Country match from Beyond. It's the sort of thing that would be simple to do moving forward and tough to do retrospectively.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

It would, and would have the advantage of letting people create, for example, a Chris Dickinson match playlist. Or all IWTV title matches. Or every Bear Country match from Beyond. It's the sort of thing that would be simple to do moving forward and tough to do retrospectively.

Simple technically, my guess is it would be a nightmare to whatever royalty structure they've got going with the rights holders.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That's a good point I hadn't considered.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I am hype for GCW today.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Anyone else watching GCW now?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

duckdealer posted:

Turned it on a little bit ago, didn't realize they were starting so early. Setting looks pretty cool. Zayne vs. Lloyd was fun, some hiccups, but I assume that was partly due to ring rust perhaps.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Huntman posted:

Turned it on a little bit ago, didn't realize they were starting so early. Setting looks pretty cool. Zayne vs. Lloyd was fun, some hiccups, but I assume that was partly due to ring rust perhaps.

Agreed. Looking forward to a lot of these matches.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

duckdealer posted:

Absolutely. I'm not comfortable going to shows and won't be until there's a vaccine but if I can buy them I will.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dappen v Mercer... I'VE MISSED THIS SO MUCH

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Just gonna post this screencap without any context

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m at work right now so I can’t watch until I get home. But I have it ordered and ready to go.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm gonna watch a replay tomorrow but I hope Mercer has had access to a gym during lockdown or he's gonna try one of those loving sweet flips he does and accidentally kill someone.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
KTB looking svelte out there

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I wasn't familiar with these guys but match was fun!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm gonna watch a replay tomorrow but I hope Mercer has had access to a gym during lockdown or he's gonna try one of those loving sweet flips he does and accidentally kill someone.

He tweets a lot about throwing dudes so I’m gonna guess quarantine training was finding random dudes and tossing them.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah, Mercer looked the same as usual, which is to say, that man big.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Never seen Tre Lamar or Lee Moriarty until today, but they are easily having the best match of the card so far

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I didn't realize how much I've missed Mancer...

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Huntman posted:

Never seen Tre Lamar or Lee Moriarty until today, but they are easily having the best match of the card so far

Tre's probably the most impressive guy trained at the AIW school, I really hope he breaks out into more widespread recognition soon. Lee's been around AIW a bunch recently too and has wrestled Alex Shelley a bunch of times there, Shelley's really high on both of them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:/ didn't think this was starting so early, gonna have to catch a replay

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Holy poo poo CALVIN TANKMAN

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is GCW On Fite or IWTV tonight? Totally forgot it was happening.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fite

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

EFFY
ALLIE KAT
:allears:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheQueenofNE/status/1274477359270412291

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I hope that fan is ok and that everyone is safe at the show.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
https://twitter.com/early90spants/status/1274493845670002688?s=20

linking instead of in-line, a woman looked to be seizing during Gage's entrance and hit the back of her head on the cement risers

e: spoilers instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Main event seemed rushed and understandable, but man I feel for that woman that, for all I know, wanted no part of the Nick Gage moshpit and ended up with a hospital visit at best.

Fans at ringside should probably shelf mobbing Gage even after Corona, completely avoidable