Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jamesie_2015/status/1274267055001350150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

History Comes Inside! posted:

A lot of the time it's this, tiny rear end venues with little to no space so they make do with what they have and unfortunately it's making abusers' lives easier.

It's this.

Which is why we ALWAYS try to find a way for those we want to change/plan in solo to do so (bathroom, find another tiny rear end room etc.)

That's why I'm usually happier at the larger venue shows, it's another issue we don't have to worry as much about(the space being much larger so we can separate if needed)

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I think I'm just going to stop watching wrestling

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Raffles posted:

I think I'm just going to stop watching wrestling

A lot of people have this gut reaction and like, I get it, but you should realize you are doing this AS it's getting better because of a bunch of shits being flushed out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Joey Ryan

https://twitter.com/yousuckmark/status/1274414650424061953

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Statement from Trent Seven

https://twitter.com/trentseven/status/1274380505534914560

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, if people just stop watching wrestling at all then doesn't that just deprive the victims here of their livelihoods? Seems somewhat backwards of a reaction.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I stopped for a long time after the Benoit CTE stuff became more widely known. Like I couldn't support an industry that was physically destroying people's brains.

Not sure why I started watching again. Wrestling doesn't HAVE to be a CTE machine, and it doesn't have to be a sex assault meat grinder either.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The biggest name accused was literally on the biggest weekly wrestling show yesterday, so let's not talk as though anything significant has actually happened yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shaming people for not feeling comfy watching wrestling after a stretch of days like the last three is certainly A Look

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wrestling is always going to be scummy and there's no real proof that all of these people will be pushed out of wrestling, if people choose to stop supporting this form of entertainment its their choice.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, if people just stop watching wrestling at all then doesn't that just deprive the victims here of their livelihoods? Seems somewhat backwards of a reaction.

You're right, dammit.

I will put my money into more indie artists and especially those who have spoken out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonfa posted:

A lot of people have this gut reaction and like, I get it, but you should realize you are doing this AS it's getting better because of a bunch of shits being flushed out*

*is the hope

A bunch of stuff is coming out. Will it have long-term effects? It should. It needs to

Jack Gallagher being fired from WWE without future endeavors wished well isn't enough (especially when his taped match airs as the final match of WWE programming later that night). Jimmy Havoc's employment in AEW pending a decision until he gets back from rehab isn't enough. NXTUK is still operating. JBL and Tyson are still in the Hall of Fame. Dave Crist, Moose, Michael Elgin and Tessa Blanchard are all still employed in TNA; the latter two are still scheduled for the next PPV's main event, and the latter one is still the recognized world champ

Cerebral Bore posted:

A lot of victims got driven out of the industry because of the abuse. Pollyanna didn't get a chance at keeping her livelihood because people sided with Flippy Ospreay over the person his friend asssaulted.

This is a complicated topic that there's no right, easy answer on. I don't blame people for staying and supporting the remnants of the companies that survive this, because there are good people who deserve support during these times; I don't blame people for moving on, because there are inevitably abusers (like Riddle and maybe even Dream still), and people who enabled the abuse (like Ospreay and Bea), who Will survive this and still be employed because they're too powerful for their companies to feel like cutting bait on

A lot of things need to improve from here. More than just time, that takes effort. Will this leave people exhausted and ready to just move on more than it leaves people angry and desiring to make necessary changes?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There will always be more and new abusers in the future some you dont even expect and support

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I stopped for a long time after the Benoit CTE stuff became more widely known. Like I couldn't support an industry that was physically destroying people's brains.

Yeah, even if you fix the assault, harassment, and hazing, at the end of the day these people are hurting themselves for our entertainment. I don't feel great about it.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Tonfa posted:

A lot of people have this gut reaction and like, I get it, but you should realize you are doing this AS it's getting better because of a bunch of shits being flushed out

The BritWres revival is what got me back into wrestling and honestly this is so loving appalling I can't really see it being good for my mental well being to watch wrestling at least for a good while.

I do truly hope it improves for those in the business though.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 20, 2020

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Raffles posted:

The BritWres revival is what got me back into wrestling and honestly this is so loving appalling I can't really see myself being good for my mental well being to watch wrestling at least for a good while.

I do truly hope it improves for those in the business though.

Ya I get it. Take care of yourself and I hope you find better entertainment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/TenilleDashwood/status/1274419571945078784

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wrestling is complete garbage and it needs to be better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PROGRESS will no longer be working with Ligero or Travis Banks, Jordan Devlin and Scotty Davis remain just suspended

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Someone asked a bunch of pages ago about the Dan Maff/Homicide thing and a few years back Homicide admitted he was calling him a pedophile because he thought it was philanderer, I think I'm remembering that correctly but regardless Maff is crap anyway!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
An entire fed decided to out itself as useless

https://mobile.twitter.com/Natasha53814540/status/1274419695802875905

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Not that I doubt the story, but this is the same Joey Ryan who tracked me and my friends down at a show to give us autographs because "Your friend's daughter kept calling me a pervert and it made me feel awkward." Then I see this and it reads like another person

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the lists with hero, sabin, and trevor lee are still going around and i've not seen the original accusations anywhere

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Taking your promotion's official account private is a good look

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

KungFu Grip posted:

the lists with hero, sabin, and trevor lee are still going around and i've not seen the original accusations anywhere

I think that original list with them was a hoax, but unfortunately once it's out there it's out there.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That screenshot can't be real, right?

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1274430119365443586

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

As someone who monitors multiple Facebook groups for a monetized community as one part of my shoot job I can safely assume it's real.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Always remember that wrestlers, until this week, always circled the wagons even more than cops. Similarly they also feel invincible due to largely being untouchable and unaccountable for their actions, because anyone outside "the business" is "just a mark".

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Not sure if this was posted and I overlooked it, but Darrell Allen

https://twitter.com/thealeahjames/status/1274407952854761474

and O.J.M.O. was the one who sent her the screenshots, letting her know what Darrell was saying.

https://twitter.com/TheOJMO/status/1274408372373262337

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PROGRESS Referee Mark 'Paz' Parry

https://twitter.com/deathbysuzy/status/1274434363606863872

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Huntman posted:

Not sure if this was posted and I overlooked it, but Darrell Allen

https://twitter.com/thealeahjames/status/1274407952854761474

and O.J.M.O. was the one who sent her the screenshots, letting her know what Darrell was saying.

https://twitter.com/TheOJMO/status/1274408372373262337

It was an anonymous accusation that Allen ‘apologized’ for and named James as the victim.

I’m glad that OJMO came forward with those screenshots and that the younger generation of British wrestlers are working to create a safer scene than the one they trained in.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

It was an anonymous accusation that Allen ‘apologized’ for and named James as the victim.

I’m glad that OJMO came forward with those screenshots and that the younger generation of British wrestlers are working to create a safer scene than the one they trained in.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. Allen deleted his Twitter, so I wasn't sure if there was another part of the story or not.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NeonCassius/status/1274437437775925249

Sanjay Bagga, unsurprisingly an unrepentant Tory

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

"younger generation" Tyler Bate is only 23 years old. This isn't just gonna be a thing thats going to go away with just some people wiped out of the business

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

"younger generation" Tyler Bate is only 23 years old. This isn't just gonna be a thing thats going to go away with just some people wiped out of the business

Yeah, the vast majority of the accusations coming out are against the younger generation.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

KungFu Grip posted:

But the specific names who are doing a lot of this work (Sierra Loxton, Alexxis Falcon, Millie McKenzie, Dan Moloney, etc.) are pretty much all in their early 20s. I hope there can be a generational shift.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Not looking good for PROGRESS with Jim Smallman's replacement stepping down today and now this

https://twitter.com/DLockPro/status/1274438741726240769?s=20

On top of haboring a lot of sex pests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Can't really see how either Progress or NXT UK carry on after this tbh