Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

this is going to be a rough afternoon for manly

:)

Oh I didn't say I was upset by the idea of them getting flogged :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is hinged on the idea that canberra know how to score tries and catch balls, may be a flaw in that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

this is hinged on the idea that canberra know how to score tries and catch balls, may be a flaw in that

Took them like 45 minutes to work out how to do that last week, no rush

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
All too easy that 2nd try

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah this defence is not great

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Turbo gone again

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Turbo gone again

He's so bloody good but those hamstrings....

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
canberra are frauds

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Tigers 9th

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Forever and ever, amen

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Lol this game rocks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

canberra are frauds

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

bowmore posted:

canberra are frauds

If only someone would, you know, sink it into the ocean or something.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That was hilarious

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Des can do magic with a team full of absolute scrubs and a few good players. Wish he would come coach the Warriors :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Matt Moylan just got murdered on live TV

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nrl/status/1274652257212985349?s=21

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Matt Moylan just got murdered on live TV
you love to see it

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Smorgasbord posted:

He's so bloody good but those hamstrings....

Yeah, so disappointed about that. :( Hopefully it's not too bad.

Was a good effort to win that one despite so many injuries.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently the Tigers are interested in Foran again so gently caress this stupid world

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Apparently the Tigers are interested in Foran again so gently caress this stupid world

If the price is right he's still a good pickup.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not if he never plays a game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

not if he never plays a game

This would be my predicted result

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Reynolds and Foran sitting in the stand collecting 850k each per year to not play footy.
sounds like good tigers recruiting

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hey Hey Hey

Reynolds is currently on a 2 game streak of playing games

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

If the price is right he's still a good pickup.

Totally agree. I don't think he's delusional enough to expect a megabucks deal at this point.

Meanwhile, Mannah went with the nuclear option against his former agent because he thought Mitchell Moses (the agent's cousin) was responsible for him being dropped from first grade.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-stars-at-war-inside-story-of-the-mannah-moses-feud-at-parramatta-20200621-p554q8.html

quote:

Mannah was devastated at being dumped after round 11 last year and told those closest to him that Isaac’s cousin, Mitchell Moses, may have been to blame for his sudden axing.

At the time, Mitchell didn’t know why Mannah was no longer speaking to him, but later learnt from people at the club the real reason behind the veteran prop’s sudden animosity towards him.

Mannah never played another NRL game after he was dropped following the 16-10 loss to Penrith at Bankwest Stadium on May 23, and wrongly believed Mitchell may have tried to seek revenge for Isaac by convincing coach Brad Arthur to axe him.

quote:

Mannah had already gone to the NRL integrity unit to tip the bucket on Isaac, claiming the agent had asked him to lie about a third-party deal in the code’s earlier investigation into the Eels’ salary cap.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hell I'd be fine with Foran back at the Warriors for 250-300k/year but I guess he wants to be in Sydney. His parents are rich as gently caress, I don't think it's about money for him and he's made plenty himself anyway.

Apparently Geoff Toovey said in an interview that if the Warriors asked him to coach he'd do it - holy loving poo poo get him on the phone right now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Geoff Toovey would do good there I think

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Geoff Toovey would do good there I think

I would fear for his wellbeing regarding refs considering how much he blew up about them while coaching a perennial finals Sydney team though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

I would fear for his wellbeing regarding refs considering how much he blew up about them while coaching a perennial finals Sydney team though.
oh yeah he’d probably die

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Hell I'd be fine with Foran back at the Warriors for 250-300k/year but I guess he wants to be in Sydney. His parents are rich as gently caress, I don't think it's about money for him and he's made plenty himself anyway.

I believe the main reason he left us was to be closer to his kids. Can't really blame him for that. I've always wished him well. I enjoyed having him around, even if he was injured a lot. Being on a below market contract helped.

quote:

Apparently Geoff Toovey said in an interview that if the Warriors asked him to coach he'd do it - holy loving poo poo get him on the phone right now.

He's one of the few names out there I would be happy to sign immediately.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Better reinforce the doors then.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Also hoping that Adam Blair packs a sad and doesn't pick up his option.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Also hoping that Adam Blair packs a sad and doesn't pick up his option.
why would he do that? seems like he’s on easy street there

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abalone Malone posted:

Reynolds and Foran sitting in the stand collecting 850k each per year to not play footy.
sounds like good tigers recruiting

Its 2 million plus on boyd bird and milf levels of painful.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

The NRL may be getting noticed in the USA?

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1275225678405947393

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

why would he do that? seems like he’s on easy street there

Loyalty to Kearney.... a guy can hope alright :negative:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Oh hey guys

If anyone wants to discord about this garbage sport come over to https://discord.gg/bqxDStt

I think I did that right

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Oh hey guys

If anyone wants to discord about this garbage sport come over to https://discord.gg/bqxDStt

I think I did that right

Thanks for setting that up. I hope it doesn’t come to that, but if it does and not everyone makes it to the other side, I’d like to say you’re all a great bunch of cunts I love talking league with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I am disgusted that the avatars I purchased for iajanus, Jono C and Smorgasbord for my own amusement have, even in a small way, enabled an abuser. I wish this poo poo had come to light earlier, and I am disgusted with myself for having contributed towards that shitcunt’s lifestyle in any way.