Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goon Zune Boom Soon, Doom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

July Chat Thread: Goons With Zunes

Hasn't 2020 suffered enough?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got an engraved back on the HD Zune, and the cute hidden "hello from seattle" on both devices was a nice touch. I actually bought several of the headphones when they discontinued them because they were my favorite headphones and sadly that stock has expired. <broadcasts taps.mp3 to 9 nearby zunes paying their respects>

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Please Don't gently caress A Pokemon

I'm suddenly reminded that the story of Pulseman, a platformer that Game Freak made before Pokemon, starts with a scientist inventing a sentient artificial intelligence, and then inventing a way to turn himself into program data, so that he can gently caress the sentient artificial intelligence

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Well yeah, they're up front about being freaky

The plot for smart ball is that your brother wants to bang your gf so he turns you into a slime

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i played more outer wilds and began to have a mild panic attack when i got to giant's deep. pretty cool

Same, very stressful moment, reminded me a ton of similar stress from Subnautica. Holy gently caress, the first time I'm exploring an island and then... what's this...? I'm floating in 0 g, oh poo poo the water's gone, there are stars OH gently caress I'm in space. oh phew im coming back down, oh dear I'm coming back down fast, really fast aaaah shSPLAT

Chev posted:

Khanstant, regarding your first question, yes, should you actually have found a way to actually end the game you'll keep your progress up to the beginning of the loop you ended the game on.

Yes to your second question too. Also, that alternative approach you mention is implausible but that's not the same as impossible.

haveblue posted:

Yes, it's possible, and will get you a trophy. If you can fly close enough to it, you can leave the ship and use the jetpack to fly in the open door. The other part of the station seems to somehow block the sun's gravity, try making sure the large disc is between your ship and the sun before jumping out.

Alright, I'm either going to get this my first try today or I'm going to spend all day dying horribly

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i should probably watch Saki (were people talking about Saki) because i think i'm the only person i know who plays mahjong who didn't get into it via anime

tenhou on phone crew

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Happy Father’s Day to any good dads out there. A long, pregnant silence for all the bad dads you may know too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

happy auteur game developer day

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My dad's been moved into a permanent care facility this week. :(

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

:( I'm sorry.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i played more outer wilds and began to have a mild panic attack when i got to giant's deep. pretty cool

Yeah I couldn't finish Outer Wilds myself, had to watch the ending on YouTube. Great game for people that aren't big babies

Hwurmp posted:

Please Don't gently caress A Pokemon

please be excited for Let's Go Munchlax and Top Me Lopunny I can't remember which thread I made that joke in hope it wasn't this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I am really sorry. :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked it when all Zunes literally stopped working for 24 hours because of a firmware issue and Microsoft’s response was “just wait a day sorry lol”

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I might try Outer Wilds again but I had not realized how agoraphobic I could be

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Happy Father’s Day to any good dads out there. A long, pregnant silence for all the bad dads you may know too.

I really don't think my father should be near anything pregnant, even silence.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only part of outer wilds that got to me was getting crushed against the ceiling of the caves by the slowly rising sand

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

you never have to explain a tattoo if it's around your butthole

you think this, but

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

that controller cord's already only like three feet long you fools!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

:smith:

Sorry man

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

you think this, but

no name calling

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/radiatoryang/status/1274765739325624323?s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wish I had the discipline and skill to spend three months developing a whole project elaborating out from a joke tweet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

My condolences. I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this.

Is there anything in particular we the chat thread can do for you?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

It sucks you have to go through this, I'm sorry man :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Felt like playing Mario Tennis Aces for some reason and unlocked a sick flame shirt for Bowser

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Bowser gonna take you to Flavor Town

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Grandma: I got you that game you wanted for Christmas.
Me: *gasps* You got me The Last of Us 2!? Thank you so much gran--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ip36udA1aM

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1274811799737708544
Paying for the marvel license to do a 3v3 game was getting to expensive so they're just doing street fighter vs street fighter

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

happy father’s day where appropriate, stop playing videogames and posting on a videogame forum you have a kid to take care of, sheesh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my videogames are my children

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my dad retired and hosed off to the virgin islands

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cowcaster posted:

happy father’s day where appropriate, stop playing videogames and posting on a videogame forum you have a kid to take care of, sheesh

Thankfully my cats do not give a gently caress what I do on father's day as long as they get their can food and greenies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SeXReX posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1274811799737708544
Paying for the marvel license to do a 3v3 game was getting to expensive so they're just doing street fighter vs street fighter

Yeah lol this is basically just them going "gently caress working with disney, it's over"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

loving off to the virgin islands is an oxymoron i have filed away for future use

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/sixesixesixe/status/1274795207347834881

I am absolutely awestruck that it’s getting released

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

my dad retired and hosed off to the virgin islands

That's a hell of a way to find out you're adopted

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
he doesn't like when i ask if he's seen ghislaine maxwell

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm not saying hard seltzer is bad, but it is funny that "soda water with a splash of everclear" is suddenly immensely popular, as if Purple Passion didn't exist 25 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

#1 video game dad