Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He had to paint with his teeth! This is seriously great news, maybe the first 100% happy story I've read in weeks.

Hope he returns and Everest Suplexes somebody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

After watching the last two DDT ABEMA specials, Atsushi Onita in DDT is something I didn't know I needed until I got it. it's just perfect.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone have any recommendations for Golden Lovers matches, either DDT or NJPW? I've seen some small clips but I've never seen an actual full match.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, it seems to be the only Japanese-related thread, not finding anything for DDT or NJPW.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for Golden Lovers matches, either DDT or NJPW? I've seen some small clips but I've never seen an actual full match.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, it seems to be the only Japanese-related thread, not finding anything for DDT or NJPW.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909429&pagenumber=201&perpage=40

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Doh, I think I just searched NJPW rather than New Japan. I have not been getting enough caffeine. Or sleep. Or water.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's only half way through the year and the show is almost done, but right now the DDT Weekly TV is the best weekly wrestling show and would get my vote in the Observer awards.

You get comedy, you've an entire stable feuding with an inanimate doll, there's some hardcore stuff, some amazing singles matches. Just as an intro to DDT for a relatively new fan it's so approachable and a breeze to watch. Wish I wasn't so far behind on it. It'll be missed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jun Akiyama's contract has been transferred to DDT for a one year loan period with the possibility of a permanent transfer after

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
NXT Japan looking good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jun Akiyama's contract has been transferred to DDT for a one year loan period with the possibility of a permanent transfer after

That is so weird but seems a good snatch for their dojo

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Its one of these weird stories that sounds quite surprising when you first read it but then after thinking about it it makes sense. Jun has been wanting to cut back on his involvement in things (and certain as a top-end wrestler) for a long time now; All Japan was run by him and Aoki as a duo and after Aoki died clearly his heart wasn't in running it anymore so he backed off from any senior position. Perhaps his initial plan was to link up with WWE and become a coach-type person but after that broke down Takagi came calling and DDT would not only give him a lot more certainty (being owned by a large company and all) but also would basically guarantee that he wouldn't end up suckered into doing yet another big tournament years after saying that he wanted to not do them anymore.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

That is so weird but seems a good snatch for their dojo

Tajiri and Yuma Aoyagi are now head trainers at AJPW for anyone wondering. Yuma is super young but Tajiri is responsible for KUSHIDA, Syuri, Yusuke Kodama and Jiro Ikemen Kuroshio so they're in good hands.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

Its one of these weird stories that sounds quite surprising when you first read it but then after thinking about it it makes sense. Jun has been wanting to cut back on his involvement in things (and certain as a top-end wrestler) for a long time now; All Japan was run by him and Aoki as a duo and after Aoki died clearly his heart wasn't in running it anymore so he backed off from any senior position. Perhaps his initial plan was to link up with WWE and become a coach-type person but after that broke down Takagi came calling and DDT would not only give him a lot more certainty (being owned by a large company and all) but also would basically guarantee that he wouldn't end up suckered into doing yet another big tournament years after saying that he wanted to not do them anymore.

Right but he should do one last Champion Carnival just for the road.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

He's done one more Carnival for the road like five times now!

Wouldn't object if he's in the D-Ou GP at least once provided they put him in a block with weird people he's never wrestled before: Jun Akiyama vs Chihiro Hashimoto or something similar should happen

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I still can't work out if Black Menso-re is meant to be a snake or a teapot. Either seem plausible

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my understanding was teapot

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

my understanding was teapot

That was what I thought too and then I was looking at him post-match on the latest AJPW show and there's a big cobra logo that I'd never noticed before in the middle of the forehead of his mask & it almost looked like there there was a snake coming out of the spout of the teapot? It confused me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

July 23 at Korakuen, Saki Akai, Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi defend the KO-D trios titles against Antonio Honda, HARASHIMA and Riho

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1276835685253578752

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/zero1/1936974/ Zero1 may be dead. Investors pulled out and Kohei Sato, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Ikuto Hidaka left

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1277618357206872064

Believe that's 9:30PM Eastern

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
who wants some Kawada shorts?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCCmwQXJWp8/

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Not his actual shorts, 0/10

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is there a good English language news source for All Japan, an equivalent of Hisame for NOAH & Dramatic DDT & the Dragon Gate English Facebook page? I had been using the subreddit but they've not had much in the way of updates in over a month now.

I just ask because I've started watching yesterday's All Japan & the opening is 4 young fellas in the ring with a trophy but I dunno why. Turns out it's the return of the Asunaro Cup for the first time since before the NOAH split, with Dan Tamura, Hokotu Omori, Rising HAYATA & Atsuki Aoyagi, but I can't find if it's going to be a knockout like 2000 or a round robin like the previous years.

Omori has a beautifully vicious looking German.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 1, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Gate returns this weekend

Saturday:
Kzy, Ben-K and Strong Machine J vs Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid and Ryo Saito
Dragon Dia and Punch Tominaga vs BxB Hulk and Diamante
Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs Big R Shimizu
YAMATO and KAI vs Masaaki Mochizuki and Kazma Sakamoto
Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino and a mystery partner vs Eita, HYO and Takashi Yoshida

Sunday:
Ultimo, Don Fujii, Gamma and Kento Kobune vs Diamante, Yoshida, Kazma and Kaito Ishida
Susumu Yokosuka vs Kota Minoura
Genki Horiguchi vs Keisuke Okuda
Doi and Yoshino vs Kzy and Dia
Kid and a mystery partner vs Ben-K and Jason Lee
YAMATO, KAI and J vs Eita, Big R and BxB

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Glad you posted those because you inspired me, now Japan is getting back to normal, to go back to trying to keep the thread up to date with shows

4/7/20
12pm JST/4am BST/11pm EST/8pm PST
Tokyo Joshi Pro STAND PROUD
1. Princess Of Princess Title Challenger Match: Yuki Aino Vs Yuki Kamifuku
2. Princess Tag Team Titles: Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe (c) Vs Maki Itoh & Raku
Rest of the card to be announced on the day
Live on Wrestle Universe

5pm JST/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST
Ice Ribbon 1049
Card to be announced on the day
Live on Nico Nico Channel

6pm JST/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate
As CJ2 listed
Live on Dragon Gate Network

5/7/20
1pm JST/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST
2AW Grand Slam
2AW Title
Yuji Okabayashi vs Ayato Yoshida
A bunch of other people you probably haven't heard of but that title match will slap extremely hard
Not Live but shown on Samurai TV 12/7 so it'll be online eventually

3pm JST/7am BST/2am EST/11pm PST
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate
As CJ2 listed
Live on Dragon Gate Network

4pm JST/8am BST/3am EST/1am PST
OWE/Stronghearts
No idea of the card
Live on something called Twitcasting but holy poo poo it's £22 so you probably shouldn't stream this live unless you REALLY like CIMA & friends

7pm JST/11am BST/6am EST/3am PST
NOAH New Hope Day 3
Rene Dupree vs Tadasuke
Yoshiki Inamura vs Kinya Okada
FULL THROTTLE (Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara) vs Kongoh (Hao & Nio)
Daisuke Harada vs Seiki Yoshioka
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Daiki Inaba
Live AND free on Abema

There's also a Zero1 show on Sunday, first show of their junior tour, & OZ Academy but I'll go insane reading Google translate

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The card for OZ Academy is:

Syuri vs Itsuki Aoki
Aja Kong/Tsubasa Kuragaki vs Kaho Kobayashi/Kakeru Sekiguchi
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Rina Shingaki
Seikigun (Mayumi Ozaki/Yumi Ohka/Maya Yuhiki/Saori Anou) vs Sonoko Kato/AKINO/Kaori Yoneyama/Yuu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's 1am and I'm thinking about the former K-DOJO title match that I'm not going to get to see until after Dominion. Surreal times.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hearing fans clapping at a Dragon Gate show :golfclap:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ben-K has uhhhh enjoyed his break. He's gone from

to

I don't have a picture but right now he looks like heavily tanned & with hair Tomohiro Ishii. It's quite the transition. (He's also still got more obvious muscle definition than Ishii because it's DG but it's a dramatic change)

Okay, the only picture I've found yet

https://twitter.com/openvoicegate/status/1279344487047794688?s=20

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 4, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

X in the main event is Shuji Kondo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT has a Fite account now https://www.fite.tv/vl/p/ddt-pro-wrestling/

Both Korakuen Hall shows (DDT and Tokyo Joshi Pro) scheduled for appearance

Separate streams for Japanese and English audio commentary

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chris Brookes's English show has just started on DDT. He's going to get his rear end kicked by Miyu and I can't wait!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hell yeah moonsaults onto gacha capsules.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It was a good show but if I could made one change it would be that Miyu kick Brookes in the head even more because god is that impressive

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lol, Ben-K has really been acquiring mass during quarantine.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/IQWrestler/status/1279796822983106560

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i was like "why's this person's tweet showing weird embedded" then remembered this person blocked me because they tried making Hana Kimura's death about them and how joshi fans are gross and weird and i called them an rear end in a top hat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finally watching Peter Pan Day 1, watched about half the show and so far, fine background entertainment but not much memorable aside from Uncle Jun being entirely unintimidated by Iino's haka.

Oh and the Niigata Joshi Pro stuff with Pokotan was cute.

Looking forward to seeing Kongo being intolerably smug and then pausing it for bed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Predictable but I love Kenoh and friends being utter pricks. Kenoh smashing the box and kicking the pieces at Higuchi and Matsunaga is great. Hao eating the bike assisted lariat but Kenoh being saved by his goons before one of them removes the bike.

Not an all timer but it gave me Kenoh getting mad at DDT shenanigans and Kitamiya no selling a couple of plastic box shots. Takagi getting blasted by my angry boss hating kickboy (doesn't matter who the boss is, he hates them on principle and it's a good principle).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takayama is standing up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's amazing news