Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007

DarkDobe posted:

Bee ladies are huge assholes. Best way to deal with them, listed in order of preference:
- Antidote shots (really, these are so good they should be mandatory, as they negate so much) - this won't stop them attacking you though so:
- Avoidance - Bee ladies have a pretty big aggro radius, especially when in their 'alert' state - you can tell when the cloud of bees starts buzzing around them/they scream. Noise will put them into alert state, which hugely increases their sight radius.
- Melee the Bee Lady - If they are in your way, sprint up and melee them. If you do this fast enough, they will barely touch you if at all.
- Flee - If you aren't exhausted, you can outrun the bees. You cannot effectively hide from them, though, unless there are other players the swarm can target.
- Melee the swarm - knife gets rid of it in about 3-4 light attacks.
- Shoot the bee lady - their head hangs behind the left shoulder, making it a little awkward to hit.

Single-boss maps where you kill/banish first tend to be absolute clusterfucks. Often times the best way to play that is to hide and let the other teams murder each other. If you are feeling saucy, you can even hide 'off site' - like in one of the adjacent buildings - rather than in the boss building.
However, this runs the risk of having your tokens stolen (which I absolutely thrive on doing to other teams).

You should try using a Fusee or a Flare gun on the bee ladies or the armoured zombies. They one hit kill them by lighting them on fire, can be used from range (useful to get rid off the concertina wire armoured zombie) and they're quieter than using a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
Do be aware that fusees and the flare gun can leave a lasting visible effect to other hunters. Sometimes the flare gun light can be bugged and clip through everything, so that it's visible from pretty far away. I haven't seen the latter happen lately, but I think most people don't roll with the flare gun.

For a ranged method, I personally just use throwing knives, especially since you can get them all back in one go from a tool box. Otherwise I'll just run up and stab with the knife since her poison hardly lasts that long now.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 14, 2020

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Varkas posted:

Do be aware that fusees and the flare gun can leave a lasting visible effect to other hunters. Sometimes the flare gun light can be bugged and clip through everything, so that it's visible from pretty far away. I haven't seen the latter happen lately, but I think most people don't roll with the flare gun.

For a ranged method, I personally just use throwing knives, especially since you can get them all back in one go from a tool box. Otherwise I'll just run up and stab with the knife since her poison hardly lasts that long now.

Flare guns are as loud as a deringer shot fwiw so they are terrible stealth options. They can technically be great all the way across the map, though can be distinctly heard for like three compounds away

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Yeah the mobs screaming when they die of fire can be heard at least one zone away if not further.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Just had a game where my partner got snap-headshotted in his hiding spot when someone whipped around a corner after throwing dynamite into a building I was near. They had approached from a side of the compound where there's no way they saw either of us on their approach. This was at Lawson Station. I ran around to the other side of the giant red building, and the entire time I was running up the walkway, they were trying to wallbang me through the entire building. From the other side of it, neither of us were inside. Seems like they knew exactly where I was running. No bounties had been claimed in this game up to this point.

I'm not joining the steam community screeching about hackers buuuuut this seemed real fishy to me.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vO269bit8

Always Be Exploding

https://i.gyazo.com/28318696909853b13f71d9b943b19af4.mp4

----

Frags confirmed: Still good.

https://i.gyazo.com/e624dec46015687d82ecbe924b9d1aad.mp4

and my teammate's view (with sound and my doofus voice)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DevotedSoggyIberianchiffchaff-mobile.mp4

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 15, 2020

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Just had a game where my partner got snap-headshotted in his hiding spot when someone whipped around a corner after throwing dynamite into a building I was near. They had approached from a side of the compound where there's no way they saw either of us on their approach. This was at Lawson Station. I ran around to the other side of the giant red building, and the entire time I was running up the walkway, they were trying to wallbang me through the entire building. From the other side of it, neither of us were inside. Seems like they knew exactly where I was running. No bounties had been claimed in this game up to this point.

I'm not joining the steam community screeching about hackers buuuuut this seemed real fishy to me.

Thats called wallhacks. You're not being a screeching paranoid, they exist. There is a huge spike in use directly after each patch and it smooths out over the next week or so.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fortunately hackers are pretty rare in my experience.
Maybe one in a 20 games if that? Usually it will be exactly that: uncanny wallbangs and headshots from ludicrous range through visual blockage. Or someone that goes full GunKata and spins around laying out 3 headshots on your team with a dolch.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think the reason hackers in this game are so exceptionally annoying is that if you can't just join another server and be playing in a minute or two, its like a much more lengthy process to be back fighting again.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle posted:

So for months my crew and I have been running into the [BB] clan. Some of them are pretty bad but several of them are pretty drat ridiculous with like 3 or 4 k/d.

Meanwhile, last night

https://streamable.com/0f0qkm (my teammate's video)

:jerkbag:

This guy changed his name to Wallbanger-9000, was #3 on the leaderboards for a week, then was gone entirely, presumably because they banned him, and now 2 days later he's back at #3 with 1115 kills and 95 deaths :jerkbag:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Basticle posted:

This guy changed his name to Wallbanger-9000, was #3 on the leaderboards for a week, then was gone entirely, presumably because they banned him, and now 2 days later he's back at #3 with 1115 kills and 95 deaths :jerkbag:

And yet if you complain about hackers on the community page or reddit you get shouted down by a dozen "Yeah well I've played for 10,000 hours and have only seen one hacker evar. Git gud noob" posts.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
In fairness, you get the same screeching idiots in this thread from time to time.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/6glxb8

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone who headshots me is a hacker.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Everyone who headshots me is a hacker.

:rolleyes:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Especially you!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.gyazo.com/cab8762aa0dcb31ce77d13ec1301ac7c.mp4

But also:

https://i.gyazo.com/1b9924a17a4cb22aad0e6d9107b977d6.mp4

Grenade gets 2 of em (after almost loving it up)

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 19, 2020

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

How do we feel about dual wield pistols? Still not sure how I feel about it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dr. Clockwork posted:

If they give em hilariously bad accuracy? Should be funny.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sometimes, you round the corner and annihilate a trio by yourself, sometimes you get headshot immediately from 50m.

Game is still fun but I wish there was more. More maps, more boss types. Kinda wish Quick Play had a group option, I like picking up weapons and items in the world but understand they probably won't.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sometimes, you round the corner and annihilate a trio by yourself, sometimes you get headshot immediately from 50m.

Game is still fun but I wish there was more. More maps, more boss types. Kinda wish Quick Play had a group option, I like picking up weapons and items in the world but understand they probably won't.

QuickPlay is trash and this past offends me, should have never been added to the game imo

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Skyarb posted:

QuickPlay is trash and this post offends me, should have never been added to the game imo

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nah it's fine.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

QP is fine. A fun way to get a 'free' hunter and get some really cheesy kills on people. The lack of available healing really makes it shine, imo.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

What in the world, how did I bad post twice?!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just assumed you were that sure of your opinion.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.gyazo.com/8b6f4ebfa07124292c8d602919b6cd71.mp4

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

watching psychoghost play with dual wielding on the test server and it looks so much fun

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Teammate: Makes fun of me for running lovely loadouts because I have no money because we get killed constantly.

Also teammate: Insists we turn around and fight another team when we're 30m from the extract while we have a significant lead.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Teammate: Makes fun of me for running lovely loadouts because I have no money because we get killed constantly.

Also teammate: Insists we turn around and fight another team when we're 30m from the extract while we have a significant lead.

Abandon him.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
What's the trait point cost for dual wielding? Or is it like a loadout thing

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Tabletops posted:

What's the trait point cost for dual wielding? Or is it like a loadout thing

The latter. A small slot can be converted to a medium slot for 2 identical pistols (can be different skins though). Once in game, this weapon slot can now only fire in the dual wielding mode (you can't toggle back to a single pistol).

There's a new "Ambidextrous" trait that speeds up reloading for dual wielding, and costs 3 upgrade points.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I did exactly one test server game so far, solo. Ran into a boss lair right as the duo finished killing the boss. Found one guy hunkered in a corner and gunned him down with dual Nagant Officers. Then his partner jumped sideways off the staircase next to me and killed me with double Dolch. Like something out of a John Woo movie.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I think they're a bit too accurate for no iron sights and controlled crouched fire. Otherwise they're fine. Dual LeMats are the most fun because you get a double shotgun for free. Dual Dolch is utter trash which I'm glad but it's like Crytek is trolling people.

The side-effects are very OP though. If you dual wield uppercuts with an avtomat you get 18 spare rounds and 6-8 rounds per big ammo box. Dual wield uppercuts and a Lebel Marksman also gives you forever ammo. I doubt Crytek will fix any of this before launch so expect to see spammy avtomats again.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilejt3-kWpM

Sometimes you have to take it from right under 'em (slightly sped up to fit gyazo 1 minute)

https://i.gyazo.com/452b752cf1b0834bcc273ce84c278520.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw39tE8YNyY

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 24, 2020

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Doublepost but a neat video showing some details regarding the upcoming dual-wield shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFezPeRqbL8

And some more of my idiocy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBh--eLWuf4

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Dual wielding is out, a lot sooner than I expected tbh

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just played a game as trios where we killed a duo inside a boss building and their 3rd was somehow a ghost spectator, trashing us on voip and describing our player models, loadouts and every move to us for several minutes (including "yo, don't look at the ceiling, I'm not there") and we could hear his VOIP moving around the whole time. :magemage:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Basticle posted:

Just played a game as trios where we killed a duo inside a boss building and their 3rd was somehow a ghost spectator, trashing us on voip and describing our player models, loadouts and every move to us for several minutes (including "yo, don't look at the ceiling, I'm not there") and we could hear his VOIP moving around the whole time. :magemage:

I’ve been that ghost once before. Super weird but where your player model remains at spawn while you seemingly move around the map invisible. Shots you take come from spawn. It wasn’t fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Force ghosts are in.

Friend's game did this to him earlier. He couldn't find anyone to harass so we just re-queued.