Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Really trying to wrap my head around this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1274908316083224576?s=21

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

AsInHowe posted:

How is someone going to be able to realistically dub over the entirety of Jerry Lawler?
I assume this is for otherwise unobjectionable matches ruined by some local shitbird trying out their Jerry Lawler material.

Though it would be an interesting sort of oppositional-reading project to try to redub a bunch of early 2000s Paddle on a Pole/Gravy Bowl Bra and Panties Spanking Match type dreck with new commentary that attempted to turn it into an equitable and empowering wrestling bout.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

A reply to the Sierra Loxton post about Joey. He's been doing this a long drat time

https://twitter.com/jetta_wrestle/status/1274830703268634630?s=19

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Who knows but that's exactly what happened with Brodus Clay. He was apparently a huge creep with Alison Bree and Betty Gilpin.

Broadus got a foxnews hosting job and his co-host there has accused him too. he and foxnews were both sued by Britt McHenry in 2019.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine being so creepy that even Fox News doesn't want you around

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

flashy_mcflash posted:

Like Dave/Bryan I really want to know what WWE had on Jack Gallagher that made him the only one (from WWE) to lose his job over this stuff. Or, I guess I should say, I don't really want to know.

He owned up to it more than likely. I've followed one of his victims on Twitter for years, and after another victim of his brought out a story the same time she did. I read he apparently tried to contact one of the two with a "I was blackout drunk I don't remember this night" apology so he probably just, I don't want to say "fessed up" because all the fuckbois are giving halfass "boohoo i drink and/or have mental issues" apologies but I guess came "clean" enough to corporate that he knew the boot was coming

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I wonder if Joey Ryan crossed any lines on GLOW? He seemed like he could've been an occasional recurring character after his S1 appearance.
Not necessarily; remember, he just happened to get a lot of wrestling-themed roles because he was LA-based. Like the "Wildman" Jack Armstrong of his generation.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Benne posted:

Imagine being so creepy that even Fox News doesn't want you around

he's still around, but they gave him another show without a co host

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Reality Protester posted:

he's still around, but they gave him another show without a co host
On Fox Nation, their streaming service. It's promoted incessantly with national spots on SmackDown every week.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Mob posted:

He owned up to it more than likely. I've followed one of his victims on Twitter for years, and after another victim of his brought out a story the same time she did. I read he apparently tried to contact one of the two with a "I was blackout drunk I don't remember this night" apology so he probably just, I don't want to say "fessed up" because all the fuckbois are giving halfass "boohoo i drink and/or have mental issues" apologies but I guess came "clean" enough to corporate that he knew the boot was coming

That was my guess too. That and a combination of him being somebody they felt comfortable firing because he's a nobody.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In case anyone else doesn't want to see it again either, the statement from Joey Ryan being mentioned in a tweet above is just the words from his tweet from before he deleted his account. Still alluding to at least some things being lies, saying he tries very hard to make wrestling a safe place, etc.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

davidbix posted:

Not necessarily; remember, he just happened to get a lot of wrestling-themed roles because he was LA-based. Like the "Wildman" Jack Armstrong of his generation.

He's even in the music video for The Mountain Goats song The Legend of Chavo Guerrero which is a bummer because I really like that song and the video is charming and funny.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cavauro posted:

In case anyone else doesn't want to see it again either, the statement from Joey Ryan being mentioned in a tweet above is just the words from his tweet from before he deleted his account. Still alluding to at least some things being lies, saying he tries very hard to make wrestling a safe place, etc.

If even a quarter of the stuff that came out was true, he'd be an awful human being that should be in jail right now. gently caress Joey Ryan forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah I was basically hoping he had said something else and dropped the act after a lot more has come out

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seams posted:

He's even in the music video for The Mountain Goats song The Legend of Chavo Guerrero which is a bummer because I really like that song and the video is charming and funny.
I have some bad news about the 'goats.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

The underage stuff, right?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I’m not really a fan of the band, I just like that song. What’d they do?

nevermind, found it. gross.

Seams fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 22, 2020

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ARMBAR A COP posted:

The underage stuff, right?
Yup.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/drillamoloney/status/1274942337324593155?s=21

Gave me a mini heart attack but good on Drew

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember the rumors that Drew got heat because he didn't assault his wife when she was physical with him?

Glad that there are confirmed good eggs like Drew, Sheamus, and Janela. Need to be more though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did anyone post Jared Evans speaking out about MJF? I understand this thread is focused on sexual assault type of behavior but abuse is abuse. Continually telling someone to kill themselves and using "gay" as a slur. Jared also outs himself as saying bigoted and awful things about Jewish people.

https://twitter.com/MrJaredEvans/status/1274768655138598913

It's a real lovely thing all around and you do wonder how much of it is excuses. I guess I can see why if this hasn't been posted before but it seems worth having eyes on it no matter where you land.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 22, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Unsurprisingly, the Joey Ryan Memorial Episode of BTE has been deleted.

Yet another Joey Ryan story

https://twitter.com/slaymysterio/status/1274944571798179840

And here are the clips from the Candice and Joey show that Vanessa Kraven mentions in her notes. Definitely lingers on her a bit and she just doesn't look comfortable at all near the end of the first clip.

https://twitter.com/Sajizzle/status/1274926767350910977

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For whatever it's worth, BTE has been quietly deleting videos featuring Ryan

Still waiting for the Bucks et al. to explain what they knew, when they knew it, and why they were pushing to get him in AEW, but it's a start

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Benne posted:

For whatever it's worth, BTE has been quietly deleting videos featuring Ryan

Still waiting for the Bucks et al. to explain what they knew, when they knew it, and why they were pushing to get him in AEW, but it's a start

I'm curious if Excalibur squashed that. I've always been curious as to why Joey just suddenly stopped appearing in PWG and then opened his own promotion.

Also from an indie in LA regarding the venue Bar Wrestling used

https://twitter.com/Nuclear_Heat/status/1274914267087532032

Down below in a reply to Bix, the venue replied that they would just hire more security.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Remember the rumors that Drew got heat because he didn't assault his wife when she was physical with him?

Glad that there are confirmed good eggs like Drew, Sheamus, and Janela. Need to be more though.

in the crucible of adversity and pain, occasionally you’ll encounter some pure gold :unsmith:

Rarity posted:

Fire Joey Ryan into the sun, ugh

I must respectfully disagree with this proposal; I feel that something as contemptible as Joey Ryan has demonstrated himself to be doesn’t deserve to be purified in the nuclear fire of the sun. maybe chuck him out into the Oort Cloud or something

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I woulda been more shocked if MJF wasn't an rear end in a top hat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i sort of feel wrong to have posted that in here in hindsight. sounds like a real lovely situation between people who all acted like pieces of garbage and in those circumstances it makes sense to not just have one side of the story. the guy says they all insulted eachother a lot from the get. but it seems like mjf didn't ever let up even when asked to. i dunno. been making a lot of mistakes lately. not cut out for posting about things that matter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I saw that earlier and thought about posting it. Feels like something MJF should just apologize to that dude privately for though. I do think it should be here though so people can judge for themselves.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 22, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

the MJF story feels more like lovely people playing Shithead Chicken with each other until one of them takes it too far. It sounds like a lot of feelings were hurt and probably those guys need to sit down and hash it all out, but it feels like a very different thing from the rest of what's in this thread.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Seams posted:

I’m not really a fan of the band, I just like that song. What’d they do?

nevermind, found it. gross.

Wait, what happened?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Venomous posted:

Wait, what happened?

I'm not familiar with the band but a quick google search indicates the lead singer has an uncomfortable habit of getting handsy/being inappropriately intimate with much, much younger fans. I didn't see if there was anything overtly sexual but to be honest I really didn't want to look too deeply into that to find out, and there might have been more beyond the stuff I found that I was unaware of.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not familiar with the band but a quick google search indicates the lead singer has an uncomfortable habit of getting handsy/being inappropriately intimate with much, much younger fans. I didn't see if there was anything overtly sexual but to be honest I really didn't want to look too deeply into that to find out, and there might have been more beyond the stuff I found that I was unaware of.

Also did a quick search and looks like the lead singer, 51, was emotionally relying a 21 year old fan? I think? And someone threatened to shoot the lead singer too I guess??? I think we looked at the same thing, I did a quick scan too and I can't make sense of it

I assume there's something different since underage was mentioned?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Add one more Joey Ryan story to the pile

https://twitter.com/alexgracia3/status/1274975856558047234

Also a very, very, very, very bad clip of Sammy Guevara

https://twitter.com/wweshortyg/status/1274964647607627776?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh Sammy no

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ooooof Sammy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Huntman posted:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Venomous posted:

Wait, what happened?

Mostly seems to come from this tumblr post, with a few other stories from other people on the same blog if you look in the tags. Basically befriending much younger fans specifically to send them weird emotional venting messages, and a couple people mentioned being hugged too often or in ways they didn't like. Seems like he was pretty lovely and emotionally mistreating some very vulnerable fans, but probably not as badly as you're expecting from "the underage stuff".

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Huntman posted:

Sammy man loving dammit. That’s pretty heinous. He has to apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Huntman posted:

Also spare yourself from going down this dude's Twitter because he seems like a complete piece of poo poo too, misgendering Nyla Rose and racist comments toward Riho among other things