Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Barry White posted:

Went to London zoo for Father’s Day today and saw a giraffes arse.

Did you reenact your avatar there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I have to go to work tomorrow.

I've been mostly in my house interacting with as few people as possible for months and tomorrow I have to serve reams of the filthy unwashed for 9 hours

gently caress, man

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nova69 posted:

I was taken to the millennium dome when I was 4

The heartbeat inside the massive body terrified me

When I was 4 the Falklands War hadnt happened yet :corsair:

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

I also have to leave Tuna on her own and I'm sad because she's a real people cat tbh

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

just don't go to work. money isnt real.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Natalie Fartman posted:

I also have to leave Tuna on her own and I'm sad because she's a real people cat tbh

All cat owners feel like this, until you realise that they just sleep all the time, and don't really miss you until it's feeding time

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Renfield posted:

All cat owners feel like this, until you realise that they just sleep all the time, and don't really miss you until it's feeding time

Mines been actively avoiding us now we're home all the time. He was more affectionate when he actually spent 8 hours a day on his tod.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

just don't go to work. money isnt real.

by extension,

https://twitter.com/dril/status/181225396694560769

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I traveled down to London specifically to see Blackadder: Back and Forth at the Millennium Dome.

I live in Middlesbrough.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Alright gramps

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I like living in London.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

TTerrible posted:

I like living in London.

Same but unironically.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
No, I really do too! I moved around Yorkshire for a few years but I always miss it and come back. I can't escape now.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Right now it's the most expensive home office in the country but before that (and hopefully after this) it was pretty swell.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I think i like trees and birds and nice views too much to live in London, at least in central.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm going to move house to somewhere with a big garden so I can ride out the next society-destroying calamity in comfort.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

kecske posted:

I'm going to move house to somewhere with a big garden so I can ride out the next society-destroying calamity in comfort.

This is can recommend.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
4 lions screenshot:

I like the balance of a largeish Northern city , this is 4 miles from my house in one direction

this is 4 miles from my house in the other direction

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Does discarded oxy canisters count as scenery?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I like working in London but I also like living in a spacious house with a big leafy garden outside of London

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I made the choice to stay as close as possible to the city center and travel around but absolutely understand people doing the commuter/suburbs thing.

Brighton-London commute wasn't too atrocious but heard that rents are on par with London. Maybe Kent?

I like Richmond but thats also a grossly expensive place.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i think i figured out the imgur poo poo so im gonna cat snipe mid page to make up for these, these, people,, that don't cat snipe. This is Lucky and he's a very fuzzy good boy, about 15 lbs of pure muscle hes huge.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

goldenninjawarrior posted:

On the football I saw they were advertising that you could watch it with or without the fake sound of a normal crowd piped in. I usually only watch football when it's playing at work but I can't imagine anything weirder than watching the football in near total silence except for the commentary.

just pretend they're playing in italy

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Omfg apparently Farage was flown out to speak to the Overflow at Trump's absurd rally and got cancelled.

quote:

There was one good news story yesterday, it's a little bit complicated but, I assure you, you will enjoy it:
Donald Trump decided to hold a rally for his presidential campaign last night at a 19,000 seat stadium in Tulsa. Before the rally the Trump campaign had been bragging that a million people had reserved (but not paid for) tickets. They made people sign waivers absolving the Trump campaign of any responsibility if they got sick as a result of the rally, and they effectively banned people from wearing masks. They thought that the event would be so vast that they would need an outdoor overflow event, so booked a speaker to come and entertain the second crowd, the ones who would be unable to take their place inside the massive building.
So far, so bad.
But there was something going on behind the scenes which the Trump campaign had not accounted for: loving K-Pop fans again. Also TikTok teens.
The K-Pop fans and TikTok teens had reserved enormous, unholy amounts of tickets. In the end it looks like less than 9,000 Trump fans arrived to his rally, their hoarse cheers echoing around the empty stands as he burbled demented, racist nonsense.
And the cherry on top? The chef's kiss to compliment this train wreck? There was a prominent figure booked to speak to the crowd outdoors, a crowd that did not exist. His luck had been down lately, he had lost his job and had nothing to do, so had been flown thousands of miles to stand around an empty car park and despondently ponder his past glories.
That sad, pitiful figure's name?
Nigel Farage.
Good afternoon.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Urgh, I'm supposed to be sat at my laptop doing work stuff but I am soooooooooo loving unmotivated.

I bet my boss and HR will be instinctively hostile to the position that it's all just numbers on a screen tho.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rondette posted:

Omfg apparently Farage was flown out to speak to the Overflow at Trump's absurd rally and got cancelled.

i posted this in the protest thread but just in case you don't spend 20 hours a day keep up to date with the bullshit going on in the US.

I had heard the Nigile was flown to the overflow and that they had about 6000 ppl show up for a 19,000 person Main venue and the overflow was completely empty. They started tearing down the overflow and it was gone before Trump finished his "speech"

I am an american and I don't pay as much attention to the UK politics as I should but, this is the Nigel Farage fuckhead that lead you all to brexit right? does he hold any office anymore or did trump just pay him a million dollars to have him talk to an empty stadium? because lol

Do you think he still got paid?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Urgh, I'm supposed to be sat at my laptop doing work stuff but I am soooooooooo loving unmotivated.

I bet my boss and HR will be instinctively hostile to the position that it's all just numbers on a screen tho.

-Nooo you can't say that this is a good use of time and energy.

-Haha Excel spreadsheet goes brrr

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wendigee posted:

i posted this in the protest thread but just in case you don't spend 20 hours a day keep up to date with the bullshit going on in the US.

I had heard the Nigile was flown to the overflow and that they had about 6000 ppl show up for a 19,000 person Main venue and the overflow was completely empty. They started tearing down the overflow and it was gone before Trump finished his "speech"

I am an american and I don't pay as much attention to the UK politics as I should but, this is the Nigel Farage fuckhead that lead you all to brexit right? does he hold any office anymore or did trump just pay him a million dollars to have him talk to an empty stadium? because lol

Do you think he still got paid?

Farage never held any office

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I AM GROOOOOOOOT

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

didn't hold an office but was a giant piece of poo poo and was leader of the party that pushed for brexit is what i got from some google and the US protest thread, thanks UK friends

[e] im just giggling at the idea that he got flown out to talk to the "over flow crowd" but trump's stadium of 19k, only had 6k show up and the overflow area was torn down during trumps speech because no one showed up so he had to pay to fly this rear end in a top hat out to not talk :)

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 22, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he mostly did the political equivalent of sitting in his spacious house with a big leafy garden outside of London posting all day

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

I AM GROOOOOOOOT

I AM THE BEAUTIFUL VEGAN MESSIAH.

It's a song. I didn't say I was and everyone loving knows it. I was just like my dad, okay? Ten luxury cars. My dad told me, I had the same name as him until I legally changed it. My mom did NOT bail me out of jail when she knew I was innocent. I'm liberating over 70 billion pigs in cages so small, they could not move for years. OK. I work. My mom's a sociopathic piece of poo poo. I have the highest score in "Hot or Not" history. I got 9.9 out of 10, after 327 women rated me. Let's see your talent. Let's see your loving talent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

he mostly did the political equivalent of sitting in his spacious house with a big leafy garden outside of London posting all day

Are you saying that Farage doesn't actually mean what he says most of the time and is just trying to get a rise out of ppl for his own amusement?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

It's some Reddit bullshit.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

looks like someone hasn't gone down the rabbit hole that is sexy vegan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Q4CMguMpQ

imagine being in that audience and seeing that poo poo unfold infront of you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
owned

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1274996356109799424?s=20

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

That technically counts as catposting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i've never dated a woman on a dating app who had a cat. They all had dogs and disliked cats.

True post. 6 years of this so far. Maybe the next lucky lady will like cats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Are you saying that Farage doesn't actually mean what he says most of the time and is just trying to get a rise out of ppl for his own amusement?

"amusement" probably should read "satisfaction" on the grounds that the fishman seeks to make actual tangible profit out of his politics, but i mean, for the most part yeah