Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://youtu.be/TBN5AmVOVLo

Wizard 101 like a lot of those f2p browser/mobile games would really go all out producing these cg commercials to air on Disney channel all day long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SeXReX posted:

I like following this bot on twitter because you see interesting stuff like these
https://twitter.com/microtrailers/status/1274070840515211264
gently caress YOU SeXReX

that spoiler leads to a NWS twitter post, what the gently caress is wrong with you

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that spoiler leads to a NWS twitter post, what the gently caress is wrong with you

You're right I should have properly tagged it

At any rate happy hylics 2 day everyone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

well i wasn't gonna click on it before, but

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeXReX posted:

I like following this bot on twitter because you see interesting stuff like these
:nws:https://twitter.com/microtrailers/status/1274191012328468481

Is that any good?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Gripweed posted:

Is that any good?

Looks like the actual gameplay is generic tangram-like puzzles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yo8I1-kZ6U

It's out now

e: it is known by sexrex

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 22, 2020

al-azad
May 28, 2009

On the subject of Hylics this popped up on my Steam and I'm all for weird clay stop motion games thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_sszSg6oo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

al-azad posted:

On the subject of Hylics this popped up on my Steam and I'm all for weird clay stop motion games thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_sszSg6oo

That looks rad

I tried Dujanah after Hylics too and uh

that's not the same vibe

at all

:smith:

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Okay so I’m playing through Neverwinter Nights as part of my recent DnD kick and the game just shifted my alignment towards evil because I threatened a dude who was trying to get me to pay for a baby that I’m trying to get back to it’s mother.

I think I should get a free pass on intimidating the guy holding a baby hostage, game.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

"hylics is less of a game and more of an interactive prog rock album cover" might be the best way I've heard any video game described.

I want to pick it up but I am living the funemployment life so I guess I have to settle for the literal thousands of games I have access to already.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

"hylics is less of a game and more of an interactive prog rock album cover" might be the best way I've heard any video game described.

I want to pick it up but I am living the funemployment life so I guess I have to settle for the literal thousands of games I have access to already.

I wouldn't actually describe Hylics as a game, it's an interactive artwork. Hylics 2 is a game though.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Smash Bros. really lucked out on their character reveal trailer they've been working on for a few months now opening with a police robutt getting beat up in the arena.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Well I've decided what I'm playing this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTfo5TeX-E

edit: in retrospect I am sad they never made a Def Comedy Jam spin-off

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I really enjoy how much they're willing to experiment with characters in ultimate, really unique ways to obscure that everyone just has variations of the same 17 attacks.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I can recite the entire intro to Def Jam Vendetta. So loving good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtC3mU1II8

Why did wrestling devs stop giving work to AKI? They went from being THE wrestling game company to pooping out tons of DS shovelware. They couldn't possibly have been expensive.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Spent all morning trying to get A/S ranks in Streets of Rage 4 and now the combo counter is burned into my retinas when I blink.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

exquisite tea posted:

Spent all morning trying to get A/S ranks in Streets of Rage 4 and now the combo counter is burned into my retinas when I blink.

Yeah its like the Tetris effect where you think about how things you see irl could stack triggered but I just keep thinking about beating up cops

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MX4EqK_b_w

I hope this will be really stupid and they announce that ALF will be a vtuber like streamer from now on

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Repeatedly punching a man in the face, waiting for his two friends to come to his aid so that I can punch them all in the face simultaneously.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Yeah its like the Tetris effect where you think about how things you see irl could stack triggered but I just keep thinking about beating up cops

same but i haven't been playing streets of rage 4, how odd

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Smash Ultimate, how many of the spirits can you end up just outright buying with the in-game currencies, as opposed to trying to earn them through challenges? Some of these challenges are incredibly hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe the spirit board spirits are only spirit board.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Koala_Kong/status/1275070062995464204

Crash and Cortex look the best they've ever looked. Props to the art team, they look fantastic. Coco I still think I need to see in motion

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Masahiro Sakurai is such a nice man :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vault Boy has been announced for Smash Bros as a Mii Fighter costume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RIP Etika, he'd have loved the smash bros announcement

Convex posted:

fak you should play Wizkid, it's a fuckin weird game

What is it?

precision posted:

FAK playing weird games is like 90% of this thread's appeal

Eh, I don't do it as much anymore. I still play games but there are plenty of others who share lots of interesting and unique games too that I've never heard of, like Stux with that uh.. I don't remember the name of the game but it was the thing where he kept going around killing slavers or something.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Eh, I don't do it as much anymore. I still play games but there are plenty of others who share lots of interesting and unique games too that I've never heard of, like Stux with that uh.. I don't remember the name of the game but it was the thing where he kept going around killing slavers or something.

Kenshi!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Infinitum posted:

Vault Boy has been announced for Smash Bros as a Mii Fighter costume

If you buy this outfit you need to carefully arrange the order you select characters in to prevent the game from crashing and deleting your save

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

They should've had the Vault Boy costume come with Country Roads

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/Koala_Kong/status/1275070062995464204

Crash and Cortex look the best they've ever looked. Props to the art team, they look fantastic. Coco I still think I need to see in motion

Cortex hasn't looked good since the PS1. His head is too small

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1275079876404342794?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ometeotl posted:

Cortex hasn't looked good since the PS1. His head is too small

All the character designs for Crash Bandicoot have always looked like poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe it's nostalgia but that live action Crash goof (with a face mask) was fun.

Plumber boy is in danger once again

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

My condolences. I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this.

Is there anything in particular we the chat thread can do for you?

Thank you but there is nothing to be done. He's going to get the best possible care and his savings + my family's combined income will more than cover it. It's just really sad.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm happy for ARMS fans but I'd really like them to go ahead and announce KOSMOS so we can see KOSMOS Kirby

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big fan of samus and isabelle eating ramen together

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurai has a dope setup as well

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizkid:_The_Story_of_Wizball_II

quote:

The story starts after the Wiz and his cat Nifta had restored colours to their world. They were both married (to different spouses, apparently) and had children: the Wiz had a son, Wizkid, and Nifta had eight kittens. All was peaceful and happy until the evil mouse wizard Zark came and kidnapped the Wiz, Nifta, and all the kittens, imprisoning them in different parts of the world. It is Wizkid's job to save them.

The game takes place over nine levels, each with a different style, background image, and music:

Sunset Wizoward, a normal rural landscape.
Ahoy Wiz Maties, a sunken sailing ship under water.
Mount Wizimanjaro, a volcano.
Elementree my dear Wizkid, a giant tree.
The Ghost of Wizkid Past, a graveyard.
Wizkid and the Wizball Mystery, a shoot 'em up game similar to the bonus sequence in Wizball.
Wizkid goes to the Circus, a circus.
Wizkid meets Dog Girl, a woman who barks like a dog.
Jailhouse Wiz, a giant turtle with a jail on its back.

In each level, the player plays the disembodied head of Wizkid, which can fly around the screen in all four directions. The object is to knock various objects on top of enemies, killing them. When all enemies are killed, play proceeds to the next screen, and after all screens have been completed, proceeds to the next level.

In the action parts of the game, two bonus objects are on offer - a nose which allows Wizkid to juggle blocks, and teeth allowing him to grip them (they can even be taken to different screens - taking a large block onto a screen with only small blocks can be advantageous). The teeth are temporary, but failing to complete a level sees you lose either item. A bonus "Crossword 2091" screen is sometimes activated by failing to complete a level, in which the player is presented with a grid and a sequence of words, which must be arranged so as to interlock into a crossword-style arrangement. Completion of this, which involves a fair amount of trial and error, adds $500 to the bank balance.

The adventure aspect of the game comes into play when Wizkid manages to collect a whole sequence of bonus musical notes. This allows him to re-embody his head and interact with the background landscape. Items can be bought with money, and must be used throughout the game to collect enough kittens to reach Zark's Castle before Zark can get back. These puzzles often include humorous interludes - for example, on the first level you must distract a vicious-looking dog by giving him a newspaper; moments later he can be seen reading it whilst sitting in an out-house toilet. There is one more mystery task to be completed in order to win the game.

Wizkid uses the "level warping" system from Super Mario Bros. in reverse. Playing only the arcade part only takes the player to levels 1, 4, 7 and 9. Hidden routes in the adventure part are required to access the other levels, and thus obtain enough kittens to complete the game. Level 3 must be completed in "head mode", and it features some of the harder screens.

I haven't played it in over 20 years but it was a very strange game that I enjoyed. Tbh I'm not even sure where it came from, one day it was just in the house so I played it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why... why Alf