Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Best thing that ever happened at Buddh was the day that this thing rolled out onto the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWP_GKU8YU

Sadly, the video showing the suspension collapsing in front of the pits during the first drive by at 30mph has been removed from their channel :(

e: Never mind, somebody on Reddit saved it
https://www.reddit.com/r/FSAE/comments/aow2g2/lets_not_forget_this_gem_of_the_past/

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
What in the goddamn hell is that thing? :psyduck:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm the highest point on the car, which is the top the driver's head.

I want to know everything about this car.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Incredible. It looks like a six year old’s rendition of what a cool race car looks like. I lost my poo poo at the slow-motion replay of their own car ending its maiden test run in the most hilarious fashion.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

dsriggs posted:

Best thing that ever happened at Buddh was the day that this thing rolled out onto the track

Sadly, the video showing the suspension collapsing in front of the pits during the first drive by at 30mph has been removed from their channel :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/FSAE/comments/aow2g2/lets_not_forget_this_gem_of_the_past/

What is that, a rear wing for ants?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

What is that, a rear wing for ants?

2009 F1 ruleset rear wing

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

devmd01 posted:

Incredible. It looks like a six year old’s rendition of what a cool race car looks like. I lost my poo poo at the slow-motion replay of their own car ending its maiden test run in the most hilarious fashion.

I don't think that was slow mo

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
this is what we are missing out on by not having 60s rules

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

dsriggs posted:

holy god this is fantastic

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 23, 2020

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

this is what we are missing out on by not having 60s rules

People running unsafe cars and bad races won by whoever has the most money?

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

People running unsafe cars and bad races won by whoever has the most money?

but enough about formula 1

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

In the off chance anyone here hasn't seen it already, IMS is limiting attendance to 50% for the 500. Relevant bits from the email they sent:

quote:

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Aug. 23 for the 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge. While our racetrack has remained quiet, our work to enhance the venue has continued at INDYCAR speed, and we are excited for you to see all of the improvements.

Understanding how important the 500 is to our fans and our community, we have worked tirelessly to overcome the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. After continued consultation with local and state health officials, along with feedback from fans like you, we are committed to running the Indy 500 as scheduled and with spectators in our stands. To do so, we will implement enhanced health and safety measures across nearly all facets of our August events. One key pillar of our plan is to realign seating to allow for more space between customers on Race Day.

Consistent with CDC guidelines, we encourage customers who are 65 and older or have underlying medical conditions to consider staying home. For those fans attending the race, we will provide masks and hand sanitizer and we recommend their use. We will provide more information on additional health and safety measures in the coming weeks.

As a current Indy 500 ticketholder, IMS expects to be able to accommodate at least 50% of your original ticket quantity in or near your current seating location. We welcome requests for more than 50% of your original order size, though ticket quantities of greater than 50% may be moved to another available location.

Please log in to your account at IMS.com by Monday, July 6 to let us know how many tickets you would like to request, up to the size of your original order. If you have questions or need assistance completing the online form, please call the IMS Ticket Office at 317-492-6700 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

If you choose not to retain some or all of your current order, you will receive an IMS account credit good for other IMS events, including 2020 practice, qualifying and Miller Lite Carb Day, the INDYCAR Harvest GP or your 2021 Indy 500 renewal.

New Indy 500 Race Day tickets will be issued to all customers for the rescheduled Indy 500. If you have already received your original Indy 500 Race Day tickets, you may keep them, but they will not be valid for entry. If you have already received your Indy 500 Race Day parking and camping passes, please retain these for use for the rescheduled Indy 500.

Importantly, your decision will not impact your seniority or right to renew your tickets for the 105th Running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 30, 2021.

You must log in to your account at IMS.com and make your selections by Monday, July 6. If you do not log in and make your selections, your ticket order may be reduced by as much as 50%, and your new seats will be assigned in or near your current location. An account credit will be issued for the number of tickets removed from your order, and new tickets will be mailed to your address on record in early August.

While we are pleased to be able to welcome you back to the newly improved and enhanced Speedway for this year’s 500, we regret the inconvenience associated with these changes and appreciate your patience and support as we all continue to navigate these unprecedented times. Please visit IMS.com/COVID19 for additional information, FAQs and to contact us with any questions or concerns.

I turned mine in. First time I won't be at the 500 since 2006, but I like breathing without mechanical assistance more than I like Back Home Again.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"limiting" is an insane way to put it when they shouldn't be having fans at all, much less 125 loving thousand

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

50% capacity and they’re still doing the tv blackout lol

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

In the off chance anyone here hasn't seen it already, IMS is limiting attendance to 50% for the 500. Relevant bits from the email they sent:

I turned mine in. First time I won't be at the 500 since 2006, but I like breathing without mechanical assistance more than I like Back Home Again.

Yeah, gently caress it. I got mine via my mom past the renewal window anyway.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I tried to reach out to Laguna Seca and didn't hear back, but it appears they are selling fan tickets for the weekend like nothing is wrong. Anyone have any insight there? I had a blast last year and would like to go back, especially since it seems pretty easy to space out there, but not sure what their status might be.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Nybble posted:

I tried to reach out to Laguna Seca and didn't hear back, but it appears they are selling fan tickets for the weekend like nothing is wrong. Anyone have any insight there? I had a blast last year and would like to go back, especially since it seems pretty easy to space out there, but not sure what their status might be.

people seriously believe this will be over in just 3 more months. We'll be very lucky if we have a good vaccine in 3 years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vasukhani posted:

people seriously believe this will be over in just 3 more months. We'll be very lucky if we have a good vaccine society in 3 years.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I don’t think we’ll see the 500 run in August with fans. No sports have run with any kind of crowd that size until now (NASCAR had 5,000 at Talladega), and I know they want a crowd in there but it would be really really irresponsible.

Not sure we’re gonna see crowds of any size until 2021.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

crowds of any size in 2021.

lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

harperdc posted:

I don’t think we’ll see the 500 run in August with fans. No sports have run with any kind of crowd that size until now (NASCAR had 5,000 at Talladega), and I know they want a crowd in there but it would be really really irresponsible.

look at this guy assuming any sort of responsibility from a corporation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
FYI - ASopher, the best Youtube guy for Indycar races from the past, has stupidly started posting F1 races, so you might want to figure out a way to save those Indycar/CART races when his account gets nuked.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

harperdc posted:

Nascar is going to run the all star at Bristol with 30k, sebring is allowing a limited number in 2 weeks also. We've basically just accepted everyone dying.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

iwentdoodie posted:

Nascar is going to run the all star at Bristol with 30k, sebring is allowing a limited number in 2 weeks also. We've basically just accepted everyone dying.

No way to prevent this, say only country where cases rising exponentially

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CactusWeasle posted:

No way to prevent this, say only country where cases rising exponentially

Us, Brazil and India :v:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

FYI - ASopher, the best Youtube guy for Indycar races from the past, has stupidly started posting F1 races, so you might want to figure out a way to save those Indycar/CART races when his account gets nuked.

poo poo.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iwentdoodie posted:

Us, Brazil and India :v:

Britain says "Hold our ale".

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jimmiejohnson/status/1277686867035664384?s=21

July 8th at the IMS road course

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 29, 2020

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is this a proper test or a glorified show run?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Session times tomorrow and saturday:

Practice - 11:30 - 1:00PM (NBC Gold)

Quals - 4:30 - 5:45PM (NBC SN)

Saturday

Warmup - 9:00 - 9:30AM (NBC Gold)

Race - 12:08 - 2:00PM (NBC)

Spotters guide:

https://www.indycar.com/-/media/Files/2020/Indycar/02-IGP/indycar-spotterguide.pdf?la=en

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dudley posted:

Is this a proper test or a glorified show run?
He’s retiring from NASCAR this year and has spoken in months past about wanting to give Indy road course racing a try in 2021 so I think it’s legit

edit: so about that test

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1279182888823447552?s=21

shyduck fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 3, 2020

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Nice to see a pretty clean race so far, they must have hammered it in during the drivers meeting that they’re the only thing on tv right now so please don’t gently caress it up lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Dale Jarrett had coronavirus like 3 weeks ago

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
ok that victory lane car lift is pretty dope

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Lmao roller skates everywhere

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lol Marco

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Scott Dixon isn’t fair

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Veekay has the speed, he just needs to not crash.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shyduck posted:

Scott Dixon isn’t fair

And he's nearly 40. Good gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

devmd01 posted:

ok that victory lane car lift is pretty dope