Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think if nascar sticks to their guns they will eventually drive most of these awful people away from the sport, it will take awhile but hopefully new fans that aren't lovely racists can keep the numbers from falling too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I know they had a good start with the Atlanta thing with stopping the cars on the pace laps and gave the little speech, but perhaps another of those is needed today and more strongly worded like 'we dont want you associated with our sport, your so called beliefs are from the dinosaur era you arent welcome at our properties '

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
35 minutes to press conference

https://twitter.com/jayski/status/1275109854131224579

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/dustinalbino/status/1275110393359134720?s=21

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh hey time for the race wait what the hell.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

when is the last time the 43 won a race? 2014?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Jussie Smollett trending all day on Twitter because people suck

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CactusWeasle posted:

There HAS to be camera everywhere, right? I mean racists are dumb as poo poo so surely there's crystal clear 4k footage of something that generations of inbreeding attempted to form into a face.

You would think so... but I would imagine teams wouldn't want cameras in the garages... some nonsense about not getting on camera trying to cheat or giving other teams access to what your team is doing to the car...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

chamois posted:

when is the last time the 43 won a race? 2014?

Andretti in 99 or 2000 probably

e: nm Almirola won that Daytona race in 14

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
put the channel on a couple hours ago, went back to working, turned around and looked at the TV and saw them running pace laps. looks like we're gonna get a green flag today, thank god!

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kyle busch looking good with the bobby labonte paint scheme

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

kyle busch looking good with the bobby labonte paint scheme

i refuse to recognize any interstate scheme that isn't this one

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I like the one that looks like it should be a fruit stripe gum car.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

kidcoelacanth posted:

i refuse to recognize any interstate scheme that isn't this one

Agreed :colbert:

I miss Jeff Burton's Exide kit too :( I feel old as poo poo

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Agreed :colbert:

I miss Jeff Burton's Exide kit too :( I feel old as poo poo

Life was literally better back then.

(Don't @ me)

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Sorry I assumed it was raining and didnt tune in. This poo poo made me legit tear up.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1275145478011748353?s=19

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

nascar should always be on during work from home days, more so even in the summer I'd watch it more.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CactusWeasle posted:

Life was literally better back then.

(Don't @ me)

the Cup Series sure was, that's for sure

anyway what's the deal with all the slowpokes? rough qualifying sessions at the track? couple guys were down a lap only a handful in. I think I heard something about failed inspections before the race? I would have thought Talladega would have no problem fielding lead-lap cars but I also don't know poo poo about NASCAR anymore

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NASCAR needs to learn how weather works

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

oh look, you started a race at 3pm in south in the summer and it rained. who would have thought.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

oh look, you started a race at 3pm in south in the summer and it rained. who would have thought.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1275162457497989120

blame fawks

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

how good are the ratings when they show 100,000 cameras for the 20th time?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think once you’ve experience a rainout at least once television’s opinion should just go to hell

Same airmass as yesterday = same convective potential = same timing for rain = oh hey it’s raining who could’ve guessed

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/1275162544999747585

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

noon eh?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

shyduck posted:

I think once you’ve experience a rainout at least once television’s opinion should just go to hell

Same airmass as yesterday = same convective potential = same timing for rain = oh hey it’s raining who could’ve guessed

I know the sport relies on the advertising but yeah I agree. If Fox doesn't want to air the poo poo at the reasonable and logical time for the event to occur, then gently caress 'em. Let people write angry letters and hatemail (and I bet a lot of NASCAR fans are part of demographic to still be writing letters to their local broadcaster)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing exemplifies being racing starved as much as me enjoying a plate race.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I have never been more confident of anything than I am of the fact tht alex bowman will not finish in the top 20 of this race

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

stealie72 posted:

Sorry I assumed it was raining and didnt tune in. This poo poo made me legit tear up.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1275145478011748353?s=19

Same. That was legit moving.

In regards to fans leaving the sport because they can't wave racist flags, isn't it nice when the trash takes itself out?

I'm looking forward to the shitshow if Wallace wins this thing. The media will laud him, appropriately. And all the racists will out themselves by claiming the other drivers conspired to help him win.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

I'm rooting hard for Bubba, winning or having a strong finish would be tremendous.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Somebody gonna run out of gas in the front and wreck half the field

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Turn off your cell phone, Larry Mc

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Dik Hz posted:

Turn off your cell phone, Larry Mc

Harvick just did it instead!

Fake edit: I'm a moron, meant to quote this:

big nipples big life posted:

Somebody gonna run out of gas in the front and wreck half the field

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Whoops

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Harvick, total vet move spinning someone but not causing a big one.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Captain Dickweed posted:

Harvick just did it instead!

Fake edit: I'm a moron, meant to quote this:
Stenhouse came up off the bottom and shoved the 4 into the 48.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That loving ruled.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
holy poo poo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Classic plate track finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

was it Almirola backwards 3rd, Jones off the wall 4th?