Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

i've got to tell my mate i'm not sure i can be his best man anymore

cheer me up

What whyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dunno, but you can get a chuckle brother for under twenty quid

lmao

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Solefald posted:

What whyyyyy

they decided rightly to delay wedding until next year

i'm planning to be back in nz then

Will obviously still attend, but don't think i can do best man duties justice from the antipode :(

Galewolf posted:

That sounds rough, ratbuddy. Here, have a Corgi trying to jump into a lake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glii-kazad8

her maj is looking ok for 95 or whatever

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

i've got to tell my mate i'm not sure i can be his best man anymore

cheer me up

Gentle funny video compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRpOqZnD04Q

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

Will obviously still attend, but don't think i can do best man duties justice from the antipode :(

I get what you mean, hopefully you can both come to an agreement on what your "duties" should be so you can still be best man but not have to do much idk

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

you don't have to give a speech now or pay for a stripper

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
She looks grumpy.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Galewolf posted:

She looks grumpy.

Hells,

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
An ice cream van right outside my flat is blasting 'Is This The Way To Amarillo' so loud that it's distorting over the speakers. Also the whippy machine is churning away at 50000 goddamn decibels. gently caress off.

(I'm grumpy because I'm denying myself sweets and could really go for an ice cream right now)

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Meat Wagon posted:

How much does pat sharp cost to book? Wanna go go-karting with him, maybe book the twins to cheer me on. It'll be great

The twins do party bookings though they're not great at replying on twitter (that or they thought I was taking the piss when I asked if they were able to sign my copy of their debut album or not)

ookiimarukochan fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 22, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

share best man duties. my brother had dad as his "best man", and clearly he didn't arrange the stag etc.

at another wedding, my mate also had two best men who ~shared the load~.

you can do the remote stuff, your friend's other friends can pick up the "actually here" stuff

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Dats a very cute cat.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I never realised best men or whatever actually had responsibilities??? I just assumed they organised the stag do and sometimes do a stupid speech???? Is there more to it?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was my brother's best man and all I did was give a (bad, drunk) speech. We're pretty chill though, some people are probably a bit more formal about it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ookiimarukochan posted:

The twins do party bookings though they're not great at replying on twitter (that or they thought I was taking the piss when I asked if they were able to sign my copy of their debut album or not)

Did you write their Wikipedia entry, by any chance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_and_Martina_Grant

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Jesusman is back and with a mic&speaker now, godbless.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo I forgot just how epic Pat Sharp's mullet was

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dunno, but you can get a chuckle brother for under twenty quid

I hold myself firmly responsible for killing Barry Chuckle because a couple of years ago I thought to myself 'I wonder if the chuckle brothers made it through 2016 unscathed' and checked and they were both alive and then I woke up the next day to news he'd snuffed it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You only need to roll-up, deliver the speech, and then get off with his mum as she fawns over you for travelling round the world for it.

Let a banter-lad organise the stag.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Cryptic message from work "can anyone drive? Let me know in the comments if you can drive"...

wonder if they're doing some sort of self-run delivery service...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They need a mule.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Journalist neighbour got a tip off that a local car dealer was making employees work while furloughed or risk being fired.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sounds about right for the motor trade

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Solefald posted:

I never realised best men or whatever actually had responsibilities??? I just assumed they organised the stag do and sometimes do a stupid speech???? Is there more to it?
you have to be there for the rehearsal, get measured for the suits, show peoole into the church and traditionally stop marauding vikings from stealing the bride

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what you think being the best man is : what being the best man actually is

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

Natalie Fartman posted:

I have to go to work tomorrow.

I've been mostly in my house interacting with as few people as possible for months and tomorrow I have to serve reams of the filthy unwashed for 9 hours

gently caress, man

So how bad was it?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'll be traveling back and forth for two days and going to see north of the river the first time since like March.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dell_Zincht posted:

Did you write their Wikipedia entry, by any chance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_and_Martina_Grant

Can't believe "Keep on Pumping" wasn't a bigger hit.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bardeh posted:

holy poo poo I forgot just how epic Pat Sharp's mullet was

thinkin' about dem twins

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you have to be there for the rehearsal, get measured for the suits, show peoole into the church and traditionally stop marauding vikings from stealing the bride

I'll still never understand the concept of wedding rehearsals lmao

All I want for my wedding is a ridiculous amount of food and alcohol and lots of dancing

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to convince my friend who is getting married to just have bowls of roast potatoes and gravy around the wedding for people to eat.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

smiling giraffe posted:

So how bad was it?

It was okay, I was in the goldfish bowl (the bureau, it's secure with a parcel hatch and locking doors either side and lots of glass) and it was actually not too busy unlike the last 3 months.

I can cope, and it was really nice seeing my coworkers again. Actual human interaction makes up for a lot.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

goldenninjawarrior posted:

I'm trying to convince my friend who is getting married to just have bowls of roast potatoes and gravy around the wedding for people to eat.

Interested in hearing any serious counter argument to this. Chuck the gravy in a chocolate fountain.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

Solefald posted:

I'll still never understand the concept of wedding rehearsals lmao

All I want for my wedding is a ridiculous amount of food and alcohol and lots of dancing

This is honestly the way to do it

If I ever get married again I'm loving eloping then having a wild party with the best people I know

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

you'll save costs on plates and cleaning if you just serve all of the food in one long metal tray

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Did Melanie and Mawteenuh ever get work after Funhouse?

Apparently they released an album in 1999. Keep On Pumping was released as a single. This is news to me

There's a song on it called Influence My Body :spooky:

crispix fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 23, 2020

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Didn't they do this on Emmerdale for a Single wedding? They had a gravy fountain with either roast potatoes or Yorkshire puddings on sticks to dip into it.

Genius idea imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
If you could get a vicar to bless a thing of gravy you could christen t'babby in a font of gravy too, maybe