Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nairo-quintana-a-teammate-cost-me-victory-at-2015-tour-de-france/

whoever could he mean? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Accusing "a teammate" of PEDs would frankly be less petty.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paris Roubaix in November??? Sign me the gently caress up

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
WWT got cancelled foe the rest of 2020 and the men's tour should probably do the same in the next few days.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

TobinHatesYou posted:

WWT got cancelled foe the rest of 2020 and the men's tour should probably do the same in the next few days.

RIP pro cycling as we know it. When it comes back it's gonna look very, very different.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TobinHatesYou posted:

That was just the British stage race that's been cancelled for next year. Theres still plans for womens racing as far as I can see.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

paperwind posted:

RIP pro cycling as we know it. When it comes back it's gonna look very, very different.

5-day public participation Tour of California on gravel as the UCI's first sanctioned Gravel Stage Race. UCI / AEG pockets piles and piles of money from age-group punters a-la Ironman / Marathons, California finally takes its place as The Fourth Grand Tour, the influence of annoying teams is broken for good (all privateers in Grav racing) Search your heart, you know it is going to happen.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

serious gaylord posted:

That was just the British stage race that's been cancelled for next year. Theres still plans for womens racing as far as I can see.

Oh. Stupid naming conventions. I still think everything should just be canceled.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Yeah, just cancel everything under the sun. There's no way that cycling can be reasonably safe in a pandemic. It's the responsible thing to do.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

I'm still hoping we see track running in it's normal winter schedule, maybe no spectators.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
How many people are going to Start the Giro, abandon for the start of the Vuelta, then abandon that for the Paris-Roubaix?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Largepotato posted:

How many people are going to Start the Giro, abandon for the start of the Vuelta, then abandon that for the Paris-Roubaix?

You can't do that. You're 'locked' out of races until the one you're in finishes. You have to get special dispensation and it's usually exceptional circumstances only.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
This whole calendar seems a little shortsighted. Giro and Vuelta overlap, but the TdF runs the biggest cancellation risk due to being the earliest race. Moreover to me it seems you can't have any mass events untill a vaccine exists so that would annul the whole calendar. Better have a small amount of controllable races without general public, like the Champ Elysees crit, Strade Bianche with finish before Sienna, some high profile time trials and maybe some city circuits WC/EC with locked down streets. Then we could be reasonably sure these events would actually happen.

e; gently caress it let's have a crit on every F1 circuit that is willing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

You can't do that. You're 'locked' out of races until the one you're in finishes. You have to get special dispensation and it's usually exceptional circumstances only.

I can't bring a solid argument that the whole season (however much actually happens) isn't under exceptional circumstances. Though I can't imagine race organizers being ok with riders breezing onto the next overlapped event.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Just do all the races in Doha, bing bong problem solved

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
At the same time.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Just make the Classics part of stage races. Make Paris Roubaix the second to last stage of the Tour. In fact, make everything a stage of one giant race.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

cebrail posted:

Just make the Classics part of stage races. Make Paris Roubaix the second to last stage of the Tour. In fact, make everything a stage of one giant race.

God that’s brilliant.

Tour de Europa.

Start in Italy, ride to Switzerland for the world championships, ride to France and Belgium, ride to Spain...do MSR, Il Lombardia, P-R, etc. along the way in geographical order. Make the start list 25 riders per team. Let chaos reign.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 6, 2020

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With no drugs testing.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Imagine the TTT

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Imagine the TTT

I’m imagining it, and imagining how long the ITT will take to run with 25 man teams, I love it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just make an entire stage of the tour an TTT

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Didn't know this was brewing, but not surprising:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froomes-possible-mid-season-transfer-exposes-leadership-battle-at-team-ineos/

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
So i'm guessing the 30 for 30 on Lance is going to be apologia as part of his rehabilitation?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

So i'm guessing the 30 for 30 on Lance is going to be apologia as part of his rehabilitation?

I get the sense he still thinks people are angry at him because he cheated.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The owner of Greenedge has torpedoed the takeover of Mitchelton-Scott because....well nobody knows why he did it actually, even the people on the team.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's because that charity was an incredibly obvious scam of some kind who would definitely have "mysteriously" not had the money they said they did.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vando posted:

It's because that charity was an incredibly obvious scam of some kind who would definitely have "mysteriously" not had the money they said they did.

The biking sites are being remarkably tight lipped about it thats for sure. Just mention of some sort of pre contract that had been signed.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

serious gaylord posted:

The biking sites are being remarkably tight lipped about it thats for sure. Just mention of some sort of pre contract that had been signed.

It's complicated. Mitchelton-Scott's WT license is owned by Gerry Ryan / GreenEdge. The rest of the team assets are controlled by Shayne Bannan / New Global Cycling Services. These totally legit Spanish dudes claim to have bought the latter while not actually possessing the WT license. It all seems destined for court or some sort of arbitration. Or Ryan just tears up his license and retires to his vineyard and drinks lots of shiraz.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
CAS might be busy in a few months time, better to book a hearing now.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
https://www.teamineos.com/article/chris-froome-to-leave-team-ineos-at-end-of-season

Froome's contract not being renewed

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 9, 2020

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

No surprising, getting on abit with a huge contract and Bernal is clearly the future of the team and already able to win grand tours pretty much solo. Wonder where he'll go?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

No surprising, getting on abit with a huge contract and Bernal is clearly the future of the team and already able to win grand tours pretty much solo. Wonder where he'll go?

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ch...bUct-gTzAdaS1Qs

Israel Startup, to the surprise of nobody

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wonder if they'll let him go straight away?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Does this mean we no longer get to see Dan Martin randomly sending it?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
THICC

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A weird rear end downtube for a weird rear end rider

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they sack him for being insufficiently stick insect?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

those oversized ceramic speed pulley systems are absolutely vile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

those oversized ceramic speed pulley systems are absolutely vile

But they save 0.1W!