Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Von Linus posted:

Yeah. One of the weirder things is I have like 5 years of great memories of interactions with Starr, Devlin, (S) Davis, (D) Dunne, Riddle, Smile, Havoc, Robbo, and loads of others named at live events. Basically in five days they've been turned into things I would rather not have happened. It's absolutely not the focus of this but it's an odd thing to process. Every show I've been to pretty much has had some sort of bully, rapist or creep on it.

Something I've mentioned already either in this thread or the eurograps thread was that when Riptide dropped all their shows on IWTV a couple of weeks ago I enthusiastically started watching, and enjoyed a first show featuring Jack Sexsmith, Joey Ryan, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, Marty Scurll and Jimmy Havoc. Which feels... yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Von Linus posted:

Yeah. I suppose I'm mostly in the twitter bubble where reactions have to be instant and 5 days seems like an eternity.

Totally understand that and being anxious as well. Especially considering someone like Tyler Bate hasn't said a single thing, not even a "I'm working with a legal team" tweet and in his case, poo poo does not look very good. And like Chris Brookes' tweet you mentioned, he apologized for taking so long and it'd only been 1 day since it all began. Time is just very wonky lately for us all I think. I mean, I feel like David Starr getting outed was a lot longer than just 5 days ago.

For all we know, Zack might be using NJPW to just cope with the fact that he is close friends with very, very bad people and might say something after tonight since the New Japan Cup goes on break for the next few days. Everyone functions differently. We just won't know until we know. And I imagine for a chunk of us, it's already very mentally and emotionally draining to discover how horrific people we respected and loved have turned out to be as well as reading these gutwrenching stories from the victims, it's best not to stress yourself worrying about others. And of course that's stacked on with the stress of COVID and everything else as our world is just imploding.

When PROGRESS hit the scene, it became my absolute favorite thing in the world and now I can't imagine myself ever being able to watch one of their previous shows again. Same with Joey & Candice vs. The Bucks at PWG ELEVEN, which I was literally about to watch and then the first wave of Joey stories hit. It reminds me of when I first learned of what actually happened to Benoit, but there's no time to process it before another name or story drops.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Wait, wasn't the Bate stuff just that he tried getting a married woman back to his hotel room? Like unless he wasn't taking no for an answer I don't think striking out with a woman should put you on the list. But things are moving so quick it's hard to keep up.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

Wait, wasn't the Bate stuff just that he tried getting a married woman back to his hotel room? Like unless he wasn't taking no for an answer I don't think striking out with a woman should put you on the list. But things are moving so quick it's hard to keep up.

Not sure what the Bate accusations were as the tweets have been deleted or protected. I seem to remember them being more than that, but...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alvarez on the latest WOR opens by saying about him and Dave,"We know somebody who knows somebody, and they've let us know there are a lot more victims of Joey Ryan who have chosen not to come forward yet." loving hell.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Lamuella posted:

Not sure what the Bate accusations were as the tweets have been deleted or protected. I seem to remember them being more than that, but...

There could very well be others. When all this blew up that was one of the ones I saw.

I did see that one of the accounts collating all this stuff from women did go out of their way to say this is about abuse and assault, not just a time for people to air any grievences.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

nvm

collocation fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nvm

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 23, 2020

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Actually I think you're right. I swore I had seen something else like a grooming accusation yesterday, but it might've been deleted (or protected)? Or I'm just blurring it with someone else? I noticed some of the accusations in OP have been deleted or protected, so I can only imagine the hate people are getting outing the WWE ones.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
nvm

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 23, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

nvm

collocation fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Messy thread

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 23, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

collocation fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 13, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

mvm

collocation fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 23, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nvm

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 23, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

nvm

collocation fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 23, 2020

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Could we perhaps get a moratorium on speculation around people who haven't been mentioned in accusations or haven't made statements themselves? I know we're all nervous that our favourite wrestlers are gonna turn out to be baddies, but I think focusing on the stuff actually being said is probably more productive.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Messy thread

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 23, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Speculating on why certain people or promotions haven't spoken out who were close to abusers is going to just lead to nothing but more misery based exclusively on speculation. This is all hosed, think about how upset you are as a fan and then try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who knew these people. They might have known something, they might have been oblivious but don't lash out at the people saying nothing until you have a reason to.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mfcrocker posted:

Could we perhaps get a moratorium on speculation around people who haven't been mentioned in accusations or haven't made statements themselves? I know we're all nervous that our favourite wrestlers are gonna turn out to be baddies, but I think focusing on the stuff actually being said is probably more productive.

RealFoxy posted:

Speculating on why certain people or promotions haven't spoken out who were close to abusers is going to just lead to nothing but more misery based exclusively on speculation. This is all hosed, think about how upset you are as a fan and then try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who knew these people. They might have known something, they might have been oblivious but don't lash out at the people saying nothing until you have a reason to.

This seems necessary, there are plenty of very real accusations being made about people that can be discussed, endlessly speculating about what MIGHT be still to come or what somebody's non-reaction (so far) MIGHT mean seems like it is only going to end causing a lot of potentially unnecessary drama. By all means, the moment something actually comes out then please talk away, but stuff like the earlier musings on what Candice LeRae or ZSJ might have known/done/covered up/been unaware of is entirely unnecessary and unhelpful.

:siren: IN OTHER WORDS: THERE IS A MORATORIUM ON SPECULATION ON WHAT SOMEBODY MIGHT HAVE DONE/KNOWN. CONCENTRATE ON WHAT WE ACTUALLY DO KNOW/ACCUSATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE. :siren:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 23, 2020

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
ZSJ seem damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

But Christ, lots of people move to different countries and learn the language. That isn’t evidence of anything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope the wording on that moratorium is clear, let me know if it isn't and I'll change it up.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
https://twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656

If anyone is catching up on the thread this is basically all you need to know about Sammy Guevara's last 24 hours

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

n/m

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 23, 2020

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That was a hell of a page to read.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Saraya's response

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What a response

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Apparently her stepson was threatening people on Facebook live earlier today.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fatherofmustard posted:

Saraya's response

That is absolutely the sort of response I was expecting from her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fatherofmustard posted:

Saraya's response

:yikes:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Someone's gunning for Graham Linehan's spot as "biggest abusive crapbag in Norwich", I see.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did anything come out about Xavier Woods or was he part of the fake list?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Did anything come out about Xavier Woods or was he part of the fake list?

Fake, I think.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Lamuella posted:

Someone's gunning for Graham Linehan's spot as "biggest abusive crapbag in Norwich", I see.

did he do an abuse outside of having mental breakdowns on twitter and accusing anyone who respects the transes of being pedophile groomers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

did he do an abuse outside of having mental breakdowns on twitter and accusing anyone who respects the transes of being pedophile groomers?

At bare minimum he's been involved in doxxing a lot of people, some of whom were quite young.