Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The author/artist of Girls Dictionary is also doing a webcomic, Kuro Oni which might go here and just updated today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
was honestly unsure of how the gimmick of exorcist reina constantly being misunderstood could be kept going but the latest chapter really got me in the end, with a combination of horror/hilarity :allears:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Night Owl Witch

:ohdear:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Interrogation Princess (i guess minor nws warning, for one page of hot springs)

Princess.png

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
hinamatsuri is ending next issue and I'm sad. it has definitely run its course though. Hopefully the author's new work will be just as good.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

was honestly unsure of how the gimmick of exorcist reina constantly being misunderstood could be kept going but the latest chapter really got me in the end, with a combination of horror/hilarity :allears:
I'm looking forward to what new members the Occult Club will accumulate. Poor teach doesn't get a choice in being the advisor, he's been chosen by fate literally.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
here's a new, super chill youkai slice of life.

https://mangadex.org/title/50266/tonari-no-youkai-san

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

nerdz posted:

here's a new, super chill youkai slice of life.

https://mangadex.org/title/50266/tonari-no-youkai-san

This is super chill and a cat MC to boot it seems. I enjoy these country-living series.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Way of the House Husband

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
hell yeah tatsu

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

A secret Third new one released as a bonus for a wakako-zake chapter, translated by that person, for some reason.

Edit: And now it's been released by the usual crew.

Gloomy Rube fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 20, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Girls Dictionary and Extras
Sadly, at this point we've caught up to the Japanese releases and the series is currently on haitus. Still, really do like this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gENLc-vTimA

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Huzzah! posted:

Sadly, at this point we've caught up to the Japanese releases and the series is currently on haitus.

:negative:
Nooooooooooo

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
drat, what a cliffhanger to hiatus on. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this will be you, upon discovering the shocking twist in this chapter of Exorcist Reina's previous cliffhanger

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

this will be you, upon discovering the shocking twist in this chapter of Exorcist Reina's previous cliffhanger

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai

A+ stick.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Interrogation Princess

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Huh. Princess got stabbed in the back by a human knight?

Also its adorable how good parents demons seem to be in general.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Way of the House Husband

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Huh. Princess got stabbed in the back by a human knight?

Also its adorable how good parents demons seem to be in general.

Yeah that was brought up when the Demon twin interrogators were introduced. I still maintain that the entire Demon/Human War is an elaborate and overly complex LARP by both races with a similar scenario playing out in the human side, but with a Demon Prince

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it's a sequel to Sleepy Princess

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new demon mom

I love that all the speculation about Zeke was completely, utterly wrong, the most prevailing theory that Zeke was staying away from Gospel for fear his anti-demon poison might harm Gospel being the literal opposite of why, in that he is staying away in case his poison DOESN'T affect gospel, because the government would absolutely go after gospel if he was immune to the one thing that keeps the demons in check

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lol Chii immediately figuring out the obvious thing to do.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
It's super sweet that Lorem finally gets to talk to Zeke after so long but a part of me is worried if they end up meeting again in person and Gospel calls him daddy in front of other people :ohdear:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Zeke is a very responsible father and is social distancing from his family while he works his essential job

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The demon mom manga's so good. It's cute, there's consequences that teach Lorem a lesson for the rest of the series and best of all, it's not horny in the ways that I hate, where people fight and their shirts keep exploding in the process.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

RareAcumen posted:

The demon mom manga's so good. It's cute, there's consequences that teach Lorem a lesson for the rest of the series and best of all, it's not horny in the ways that I hate, where people fight and their shirts keep exploding in the process.

It's still pretty horny, though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The artist believes in an unorthodox variant of expanding universe theory where most of that expansion happens in breasts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sindai posted:

The artist believes in an unorthodox variant of expanding universe theory where most of that expansion happens in breasts.
and mostly merii

and hell, I'm here for it

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
So will there be a Discord or compilation list of manga to follow from here for those that might be displaced?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

So will there be a Discord or compilation list of manga to follow from here for those that might be displaced?

God, I hadn't even thought of that! However, in the ADTRW discord server, there is a channel for Surreal daily life manga. PM me for the invite.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

It's still pretty horny, though.

Oh I'm not saying that it's not, just that I much prefer this than like other manga where it seems like a normal story and then we get an upskirt panel of one of them climbing over a fence or something.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

DrSunshine posted:

God, I hadn't even thought of that! However, in the ADTRW discord server, there is a channel for Surreal daily life manga. PM me for the invite.

I know. I'm the one who brought it up and rec'd it since I want to keep up with all the weird stuff like Mieruko-san the Delinquent Exorcist and Girls Dictionary and several others. The Discord is up, but what REALLY needs being made is a compilation list of stuff like the surreal, historical, food, quirkiness ones, etc. That tend to fly under the radar.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ok. I'll list off a few that come to mind, and post the same to the discord channel.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 24, 2020

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't know if this ship is going to sink just yet but if it does and we all scatter to the winds. It's been a pleasure and an honor posting with you. :zpatriot:

Captain Invictus posted:

new demon mom

I love that all the speculation about Zeke was completely, utterly wrong, the most prevailing theory that Zeke was staying away from Gospel for fear his anti-demon poison might harm Gospel being the literal opposite of why, in that he is staying away in case his poison DOESN'T affect gospel, because the government would absolutely go after gospel if he was immune to the one thing that keeps the demons in check
I actually got faked out because I figured out the reason why he'd have to stay away from them but then there were 2 chapters just making a point about him trying to help demon human relations as well as Merri. I'm just glad they have something of a link now because Zeke deserves to be with his family.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Wait, are people bailing on the thread/forums or are we expecting a forums shutdown?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Crasical posted:

Wait, are people bailing on the thread/forums or are we expecting a forums shutdown?

Stuntman posted:

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Crasical posted:

Some are doing the former it seems, I think most are bracing for the latter.