Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segue
May 23, 2007

porfiria posted:

Nolan has been an obvious lib monster since TDKR at least. He fears and hates The People.

Yeah I was early in my movie interpreting days but I remember watching it and thinking, wait, this movie wants me to cheer FOR the riot police charging at a group of downtrodden people?

TDKR radicalized me I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Segue posted:

Yeah I was early in my movie interpreting days but I remember watching it and thinking, wait, this movie wants me to cheer FOR the riot police charging at a group of downtrodden people?

TDKR radicalized me I think.

Thats not what the movie was saying, as it ended with the rich giving everything to the people, it just said not to make Bernie a Messiah because people will use all sides and they may be a demagogue.

I think Nolans plan is to be the ONLY movie in theaters for the rest of the year.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kangra posted:

Also can't sell concessions because they need to require masks at minimum. It doesn't matter if people are sitting a few feet away from each other if they are breathing in the air in the same room for two hours or more.

ahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1273763757592735746

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I can't wait to find out how many deaths Christopher Nolan is personally responsible for worldwide. loving hell.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Sigh, well Nolan can go gently caress hisself and there's zero chance I'm going to the theater to see this despite how excited I am for it unless it comes to drive ins, but here's a new Entertainment Weekly article that has some inch resting information. I'd say beware of spoilers but like, it's info Nolan's giving out himself, he clearly wants people to know it, so

v:geno:v

https://ew.com/movies/christopher-nolan-tenet-cover/

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.

Stairmaster posted:

so whats this about 9/11?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Tenet

it's not going to happen but it's insane how much I want this to be about stopping 9/11

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Canadian Surf Club posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Tenet

it's not going to happen but it's insane how much I want this to be about stopping 9/11

If this movie is about trying to stop 9/11 than M Night Shyamalan is just going to quit.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Wasn’t Patterson in a 9/11 twist ending movie already? :crossarms:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Justin Godscock posted:

If this movie is about trying to stop 9/11 than M Night Shyamalan is just going to quit.

Making some of the worst films of the decade couldn't make that rear end in a top hat quit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Violator posted:

Wasn’t Patterson in a 9/11 twist ending movie already? :crossarms:

Haha yeah that movie basically had a Final Destination twist it was wild.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If the 9/11 theory was true I'd forgive Nolan for pushing for a theatrical release

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The last 2 minutes are Tribute.avi

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Tenet is postponed again until Aug 12. They should just bite the bullet and make it a holiday release.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/mattgoldberg/status/1276338176647475200?s=21

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jewmanji posted:

Tenet is postponed again until Aug 12. They should just bite the bullet and make it a holiday release.

The reason Nolan is so hellbent on a summer release is that his contract gives him 20 percent of first-dollar gross from Tenet.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Timby posted:

The reason Nolan is so hellbent on a summer release is that his contract gives him 20 percent of first-dollar gross from Tenet.

He’s also not an idiot (I would imagine) and probably realizes that attendance might be way higher by the holidays.

My only guess is that industry insiders have no faith that AMC and other big chains will be in business by then so this might be his only chance to get it out to a wide audience in theaters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If nolan is gonna just cavalierly risk actual human lives for this, I really hope someone does the right thing and leaks it first

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

precision posted:

If nolan is gonna just cavalierly risk actual human lives for this, I really hope someone does the right thing and leaks it first

That would be one hell of a shitstorm.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
from the trailers this movie doesnt look good

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Am I the last person in the room to realize John David Washington is Denzel’s son? Probably the biggest twist of the movie already spoiled for me right there.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Lid posted:

okay

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lid posted:

lying liar mclieface

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

McSpanky posted:

lying liar mclieface

it looks like too much of a rehash of the style of Inception but lacks anything to say and the dialogue that has been shown of the acting just looks weak and lifeless

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah and Inception was amazing, what’s the problem.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
this is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJAoUM-FD0

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Beautiful.

It's not a lie... if you believe it

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maybe the reason they’re trying to release Tenet ASAP is because it’s a secret Inception sequel and they want to release it on Inception’s 10th anniversary. :aaa:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe the reason they’re trying to release Tenet ASAP is because it’s a secret Inception sequel and they want to release it on Inception’s 10th anniversary. :aaa:

About that

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1285250691540426757?s=10

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
They just announced it’s been delayed again, with no word on its release, but it doesn’t sound like another 2 week delay. They also seem be signaling that they are going to release it in different places at different times (countries? Regions? States?).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If anyone has a feasible chance of having the first legit VOD blockbuster, it's probably Nolan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Or Adam Sandler.

Nothing in between

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Adam Sandler stars in Christopher Nolan’s 2024 mind-bending sci-fi crime thriller Involution

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

precision posted:

If anyone has a feasible chance of having the first legit VOD blockbuster, it's probably Nolan

Nolan will straight up burn the movie before releasing it digital first.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nolan will straight up burn the movie before releasing it digital first.

He'll only let you download it if you own a home theater system worth at least 25k

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It'll be the bullet for cinemas but I really wish all these movies would embrace pay-per-view. They could even treat the premiere showing like a boxing or wrestling event and do the usual "Join the conversation hashtag" bullshit.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

precision posted:

He'll only let you download it if you own a home theater system worth at least 25k
VOD only if you watch it via a VR headset with a multiplayer game of SimCinema. Other player's mics can't be muted.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It must premiere inside of Fortnite, as Nolan always envisioned.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
While I definitely agree Nolan would never release it outside of theatres just on principle, it is likely not entirely up to him. They should just charge $100 or something outrageous.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I just want to know who did 9/11 do not leave me hanging Nolan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

e: added more info

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1287826233372184576

Variety posted:

Wednesday, Aug. 26:
Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom

Thursday, Aug. 27:
Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates

Friday, Aug. 28:
East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Vietnam

Wednesday, Sept. 3:
United States, Kuwait and Qatar

Thursday, Sept. 10:
Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia

Thursday, Sept. 17:
Cyprus

Friday, Sept. 18:
Japan

Dates TBD:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 27, 2020