Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

MJeff posted:

Apparently FOX wasn't happy because they thought they were getting NXT to put on FS1 and it'd let them really make themselves the WWE guys, but they put NXT on USA instead so it'd get better numbers against Dynamite.

I think NXT on FS1 would've been fairly entertaining, especially if they kept it taped. Or live, I guess it doesn't matter really unless they wanted to get people to tune in, but taped felt better near the end. Trying to pop a rating every week was just the nail in the coffin for me and NXT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Put NXT on FXX, run it out of Paddy's Pub, and give The Gang from It's Always Sunny the book. Not the actors who play The Gang, the actual The Gang.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Put NXT on FXX, run it out of Paddy's Pub, and give The Gang from It's Always Sunny the book. Not the actors who play The Gang, the actual The Gang.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Forgotten Sons looking good

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You know they'd only get two matches in before teabagging becomes mandatory, and then you're getting that X rating

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

I used to wish they'd just let them have the singles feud they clearly wanted, but at this stage I'd actually be happy if they just stayed best friends who laughed off any attempt to sow division between them and just kept kicking everybody's asses.

That's where I am because of how the announcers and backstage interviewers just slather it on obnoxiously thick.

Cole: You know Sasha, sooooome people say you might be jealous that Bayley got the pin in your last match.

Sasha: .............we're a tag team. Her getting the pin means we won.

Like jesus loving christ, just cause they're women doesn't mean "bitches be jealous". Noone is asking Lince Dorado is he's jealous of Gran Metallik 50 times a show.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Noone is asking Lince Dorado is he's jealous of Gran Metallik 50 times a show.

Lol like the WWE would have their people actively learn another language to translate for an Uhhmerrikkkan broadcast.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's funny because the Bayley/Sasha feud in NXT that everyone loved and fondly remembers was so loving simple. Bayley wanted a title shot but Sasha didn't take her seriously and refused, Bayley spent months running through a murderer's row of former champs/contenders (including one of Charlotte's few clean losses) to prove she belongs at the top, she finally gets her title shot and then Bayley and Sasha have the best US women's match of the 2010s. Almost nothing about this feud was complex or needed deep-dive explaining.

So of course they get to the main roster and suddenly are best friends and it's all "jealousy" angles and teasing a break-up that never happens for like 4 loving years now.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

It's funny because the Bayley/Sasha feud in NXT that everyone loved and fondly remembers was so loving simple. Bayley wanted a title shot but Sasha didn't take her seriously and refused, Bayley spent months running through a murderer's row of former champs/contenders (including one of Charlotte's few clean losses) to prove she belongs at the top, she finally gets her title shot and then Bayley and Sasha have the best US women's match of the 2010s. Almost nothing about this feud was complex or needed deep-dive explaining.

So of course they get to the main roster and suddenly are best friends and it's all "jealousy" angles and teasing a break-up that never happens for like 4 loving years now.

NXT: "I want to be the best in the world at the thing I've worked at my entire life that I love more than anything"

WWE: "That bitch is getting more attention than me. I better go pretend to be her friend"

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
And the fantastic story of Bayley growing as a character, from being starstruck and unwilling to hit anyone, to learning to channel aggressive and be willing to hit back doesn't make her a bad person.

Bayley in NXT owned

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If that story includes the stuff where she wouldn't use the weapon then it was one of the stupidest things i've ever seen and while i only own 2 mirrors i own several monitors that never get turned on

edit maybe that was something on the main roster?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 23, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Bayley in NXT owned

Yeah, her winning Champion of the Year for 2015 here wasn't a gimmick, she was genuinely fantastic.

Cavauro posted:

edit maybe that was something on the main roster?

That was on the main roster.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Bayley vs Eva Marie match wasn’t a particularly well wrestled match, like at all, but it was an amazing build where they really really made it look like Eva Marie was going to go over, and the match was laid out like Eva Marie was going to go over, and then Bayley won and all was right with the world.

WWE rarely does face title runs as well as they did Bayley’s NXT reign

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I can't believe that dirty heel Asuka still wrestled poor Charlotte even though she was injured.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That reminds me, trying to make Asuka a heel in NXT was a bad idea but I loved that one segment they did where she arrives at the PC and some fans are waiting outside, and she's beaming and smiling and signing autographs and then the SECOND she turns away from them her face curls up in utter contempt at the plebs she just had to deal with.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
At least Charlotte turning face ends the debate since the rumble of whether she's a heel or not.

Oh and Nattie's a heel again btw in case anyone is having trouble keeping up

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Charlotte is getting surgery and is apparently out until Summerslam

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Dacap posted:

hasn't she had enough of that?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

How many clean losses does Flair have in the last 3 year years? It seems like she only ever loses in multi-person matches, via distraction, or other shennanigans

This one was "clean" but they covered it with Nia attacking her arm earlier.

Hirez posted:

the womens division is pretty trash except for Bayley/Sasha/Asuka... Nia vs Charlotte / Lana vs Liv / Nattie's Job Squad... Iiconics are obviously good but only due to their promos

e: what happened to Shayna? The last I remember of her was dunking on Seth's loser fetus just after MITB

Vince apparently lost interest.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shayna and Bianca are where EC3 was inbetween his callup and house show injury. Post-NXT Purgatory

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Bianca is at least on main event I think Shayna literally fell into the catering void.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WWE's ability to waste talent is second to none

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Aphrodite posted:

Vince apparently lost interest.

Pretty much every spotlight she's had after being called up was filled with bad choices.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I forgot Shayna won Elimination Chamber was rumored to win the Rumble and had a WM title shot and like... still existed. I just forgot about her entirely.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Blaise330 posted:

Oh and Nattie's a heel again btw in case anyone is having trouble keeping up

Didn’t Nattie say that she had an announcement to make after her match with Liv? Then....they just cut away to something else.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If I remember correctly, Shayna was a Heyman project and when they decided they were going to remove him from creative is when she disappeared.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it was nattie being the new locker room leader & being managed by Lana

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dango Bango posted:

If I remember correctly, Shayna was a Heyman project and when they decided they were going to remove him from creative is when she disappeared.

This is what I heard too, basically all of Heyman's guys are doomed now Pritchard's back in charge of keeping Vince happy.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I am SO happy this worked

https://i.imgur.com/UI7HwrA.gifv

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
almost like the war raiders are a really good tag team stuck with lovely main roster tv

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Agreed, mainly because if it hadn't that dude who did the flip would have a broken tailbone right now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dacap posted:

Didn't think of this until Bryan mentioned it, but I will die laughing if this is cosmetic/elective surgery that kills Rhea Ripley's chasing Charlotte story.

Almost a literal "lost my smile" :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dacap posted:

talkSport is saying it's until the Rumble

quote:

A new, conflicting report has emerged in the wake of Dave Meltzer's story stating that WWE hoped to have Charlotte Flair back for SummerSlam 2020 (23 August) after she recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

talkSPORT's Alex McCarthy is now reporting that Flair will be gone for significantly longer, quoting a source within the promotion who said: "there's a 0% chance Charlotte returns for SummerSlam." Per the writeup, Flair will instead "return around Royal Rumble season next year," though she may be brought back to television earlier if the right storyline crops up before then.

'The Queen' will reportedly use this extended break to heal from her surgery and take some personal time. It'll be the first significant hiatus she has taken since beginning her run as a televised WWE talent and it's hard to begrudge her of this, given how busy the promotion has kept her over the past few months.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

There is a god

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although that sounds like the surgery is a smaller part of it so if she decides that people aren't asking where Charlotte is enough when she's not on screen and that she should have access to a time machine, she'll be back earlier.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cerebral Bore posted:

Agreed, mainly because if it hadn't that dude who did the flip would have a broken tailbone right now.

He actually once did that same flip out of the ring onto the entrance ramp yelling "WRESTLEMANIAAAAAAAA" and crashed onto his tailbone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Blxckoutl/status/1244802112313266176

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

At least I don’t have to watch Charlotte feud with Nia but that sucks she’s out so long I hope it’s nothing serious or super painful to recover from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah but Summerslam is gonna be delayed to January for COVID so it’s essentially the same