Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Maybe you should PM me and let me know what your issue with me personally is. I reached out to J-Ru via PM because I felt I was being unfairly labeled a troll and was helped to see ways I could be better and have been attempting to apply them. If you have a personal issue with me why not reach out

JOHN CENA's post is particularly about the inconsistency in which I've applied moderation decisions, which is a fair enough thing to call out, as opposed to attacking you. In this particular case, I chose to give longer than normal probations than I usually would have for similar posts given I'd warned about ramping up probation lengths. But that's confusing and really not in line with what I actually said I would do, which would be to hand out increasingly longer probations for each actioned report, not longer probations than the standard for other users. That's something I'll try to be better about, and make a note in the rapsheet when I feel that ramping has run its course effectively and doesn't need to be continued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There's a careful balancing act with ramping imo, tho in my case I've been much too lenient on it I feel.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't have much to add to this conversation, other than agree that we need at least one more mod or IK to cover time zone gaps. As J-Ru alluded to, a lot of the biggest dramabombs happened while he's asleep, so the poor fucker wanders in like that Donald Glover Community GIF, and whatever probes he hands out after the fact are largely just symbolic, since the damage was already done and nothing was solved. Having someone around who can quickly put out fires before they get out of control would be very helpful, IMHO.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I think another mod is excessive, but an IK who puts out the small fires before they grow would help.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

comedy sixers should also be funny and relate to wrestling or mma or what have you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is vinceflex still banned or has the tyranny ended

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That'll be covered as a catch-all around the dangers of zero-effort posting. I don't actually give the slightest poo poo about the image itself, just when somebody shits it out in the middle of a discussion/conversation like they're some kind of comic genius.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Vinceflex is still banned until j Ru says it isn't

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vinceflex has the same problem as hornyposting, where if you give even the slightest hint of lenience it will flood the subforum because people can't help themselves

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

hot dogs are banned again

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Big Dave posted:

hot dogs are banned again

But what if they're sandwiches?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Vinceflex is funny because it riles up the absolute worst people.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Vinceflex is funny because it riles up the absolute worst people.

Who? no one cares about wwe anymore. every post in the wwe discussion threads is how everyone rightfully hates it and the people running it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vinceflex was funny and then goons beat the joke deep into the ground, as goons are wont to do

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

You will each be allowed to post vinceflex once when WWE goes out of business

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

It's a great gif but it also casts the probated poster as Ortiz, which is wrong and evil because Ortiz is a wonderful boy :mad:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't think the big abuser thread should be one that features discourse at this point. I think it should be a thread exclusively for posting the words of the actual victims and nothing more. It honestly wouldn't be appropriate for there to be discourse even if the conversations in there weren't ghoulish and speculative, but here we are

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NienNunb posted:

I don't think the big abuser thread should be one that features discourse at this point. I think it should be a thread exclusively for posting the words of the actual victims and nothing more. It honestly wouldn't be appropriate for there to be discourse even if the conversations in there weren't ghoulish and speculative, but here we are

Not a frequent regular, but agreed. Speculation of this nature has been ghastly and imo unnecessary.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Junpei Hyde posted:

I think another mod is excessive, but an IK who puts out the small fires before they grow would help.

Please, please, don't IK someone who's campaigning to be an IK.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Eat My Fuc just seems like a weird dude with bad taste to me, not a true scumbag like gonzo or mel

E: hmm should have refreshed before posting. I stand by it though.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Evil Badman posted:

I will never do this

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont actually care about an idiot king, but i liked the sound of idiot king of the ring. i also like the phrase octagon oligarch

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Evil Badman posted:

whoa

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

KungFu Grip posted:

i dont actually care about an idiot king, but i liked the sound of idiot king of the ring. i also like the phrase octagon oligarch

Well if the fixed fights folks choose an Idiot King of the Ring and the MMA folks choose an Octagonal Oligarch, shouldn't we then have the two of them fight it out in the TNA 6-sided ring? "Two Kings enter, one Idiot leaves" type of thing?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Kvantum posted:

Well if the fixed fights folks choose an Idiot King of the Ring and the MMA folks choose an Octagonal Oligarch, shouldn't we then have the two of them fight it out in the TNA 6-sided ring? "Two Kings enter, one Idiot leaves" type of thing?

We take them and force them to watch TNA until one of them gives up. Whoever survives that ordeal gets to give all the comedy sixers they want.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm permanently Work From Home now so I am gonna mash that report button and snitch on all of you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

That'll be covered as a catch-all around the dangers of zero-effort posting. I don't actually give the slightest poo poo about the image itself, just when somebody shits it out in the middle of a discussion/conversation like they're some kind of comic genius.

What about spamming k-pop youtube videos in every single WWE PPV thread like a certain poster does?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you wanna use this thread asking for rules clarification as a chance to dunk on another poster, don't. GDT threads have always had relaxed rules about posting (within reason) but if somebody posting a video link in a fast-moving PPV thread truly bothers you so badly, then I'd recommend putting them on ignore or reporting that post.

I'm gonna leave this thread open another day, then rewrite the thread taking onboard everything that has been said. Desire for an IK has been expressed so Junpei and I will talk about that, I do think the only reason to have one that isn't a gimmick would be to cover any perceived gap in time where one of the mods isn't around to put our fires.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 23, 2020

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jerusalem posted:

If you wanna use this thread asking for rules clarification as a chance to dunk on another poster, don't. GDT threads have always had relaxed rules about posting (within reason) but if somebody posting a video link in a fast-moving PPV thread truly bothers you so badly, then I'd recommend putting them on ignore or reporting that post.

I think the larger issue is that the poster in question is actively posting multiple times not even related to the event even with the lax standards of GDTs? I get WWE is very bad and dunking on their shows is an endorphin kick, but this is somewhat silly.

edit: I'll fall for the trap here, I have them blocked already and had no idea it was happening, so there's that I guess?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
if i do something stupid at 4 AM, you shouldn't wait until right before a show starts at 8 PM to probate me. if you weren't around because you were sleeping, or you "have a life" or whatever, and you only show up to do mod work before a show, then you should wait until the show is over to probate me. i shouldn't have to pay for your weird timezone crap. this has happened to me more than once, and i don't want to see it happen again.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Finally dealing with the important stuff.. lol

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Conversely, I think before a show is the best time to probate a person, otherwise the probation has no impact at all because who cares about 6 hours from like 7am to 3pm when you're not going to post anyways? Outside of like immediate "gotta put out a fire" kind of probe

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

We could all try to just not get probed? Rather than quibble on what time they're unleashed.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
when id o something lovely, please be considerate about when you punish me with regards to my schedule tia

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
exactly, thank you

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
All probations should happen on Wednesdays. "Its Wednesday, my dudes!" will be the rallying cry of the incarcerated

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In all seriousness, please leave this thread for actual legitimate discussion/clarification on rules. There's a reason these rules threads are usually locked.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't know what videos and what threads and what poster you are all talking about

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Ok so what time zone is not being covered by the mods? It’s been danced around a bit, but TBQH I don’t follow enough to know that JRU is on US West Cost time and JHy is on Aussie time so you’re looking for a EuroLocal IK or whatever.

EDIT: Also please include the contact e-mails for the Mods / IKs in the rules thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
neither of them live in the western hemisphere from what i can tell