Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*becomes a scarily rendered 3D version of self floating in a psychedelic floral background, gets bellowed at by some kind of mountain spirit*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
That one episode where Roger does a persona who's "essentially a cop" is ten times funnier in the current climate.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He’s been on the force less than a day!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The_Doctor posted:

He’s been on the force less than a day!

He meant Frank

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sorry, we're all out of red sauce

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

He meant Frank

Yeah, it was the episode where Klaus transfered his brain to Stan's truck, should've been clearer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

Sorry, we're all out of red sauce

Check again. :psyboom:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I like how the mom and kids are so much better off without him and they know it.

WHAT DOESNT KILL YA MAKES YA STRONGER

Oh relax, it was just a skullcap full of hamburger meat and calamari. :colbert:

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 22, 2020

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!
The "Downtown" episode was just on, and I might have to change my screenname to "Art Penishole," because I've never laughed so hard at a joke that dumb.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I wanted to ask about your colonoscopy... Is that spicy? :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The best ending gag the show has ever done is Francine wailing on the guy who called Stan a clown, change my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoMdDu6ryI

Second best is the Roger as Pennywise stuck in the sewer (also, the whole story Steve goes to clown school plot is amazing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGayFNyDE5o

Basically, American Dad has done some great clown based jokes over the years: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6FKigo9OW4

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Second best is the Roger as Pennywise stuck in the sewer (also, the whole story Steve goes to clown school plot is amazing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGayFNyDE5o

Roger's J.K. Simmons-esque clown instructor was inspired.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

Roger's J.K. Simmons-esque clown instructor was inspired.

Found a clip of the whole bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDx95nYc6oM

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

We just honk a little buffoonery, lay some japes, blow each other. You know, clown stuff.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

There's also that Clown Stan in Francine's dreams

and the whole concept of power clowning.

and Stan mouthing "Tunji!" as a mime. A mime is a subspecies of clown.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A mime is a subspecies of clown.

Believe it or not this is in fact a misconception, clowns are actually a subspecies of mimes! I know, it surprised me too. Modern clowns so greatly out number mimes that it's natural to assume that mimes are the divergent species. However, all the many varieties of brightly colored clowns we have today (circus, rodeo, evil, etc.) all come from the selective breeding of mimes, a practice that started in France before spreading to the rest of Europe and eventually the rest of the world.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Believe it or not this is in fact a misconception, clowns are actually a subspecies of mimes! I know, it surprised me too. Modern clowns so greatly out number mimes that it's natural to assume that mimes are the divergent species. However, all the many varieties of brightly colored clowns we have today (circus, rodeo, evil, etc.) all come from the selective breeding of mimes, a practice that started in France before spreading to the rest of Europe and eventually the rest of the world.

Clown Husbandry is probably the greatest thing that Tumblr ever came up with

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The real mistake was breeding the ones that imitate human speech.

"They only speak in semi-cogent, laughably ridiculous phrases," it was argued; "nobody would take them seriously enough to do any damage. Hell, they're obviously wearing a wig and face paint!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I actually knew that. we learned a lot about clownery in the seventh grade but I just said that to avoid controversy and confusion! We even got to hatch our own clown eggs that we grew from seed!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

the selective breeding of mimes

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Clown eugenics is non-problematic.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
It was a mistake to donesticate clowns in the first place

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I actually knew that. we learned a lot about clownery in the seventh grade but I just said that to avoid controversy and confusion! We even got to hatch our own clown eggs that we grew from seed!!

Oh that's really cool! I'm from Texas, so we never did the clown egg experiment. Out biology curriculum focused more on Rodeo clowns (a lot of kids in my high school were on an Agriculture Track and ended up raising Rodeo clowns professionally), and Rodeo clowns are the only type of clown that gives live birth, so no eggs for us. In sixth grade we did get to take a field trip to a farm where we got to see a whole herd of Rodeo clowns, so that was cool. They even let us feed them pie by hand (but we didn't throw any pies, obviously. You and everyone else in this thread probably already know this, but never throw a pie at a rodeo clown unless you're a trained professional. They're one of the strongest clown breeds and known to go berserk when startled.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

MizPiz posted:

It was a mistake to donesticate clowns in the first place

We knew it was an ethical mimefield

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like the upcoming episode is going to be a little...
...Corny :smug:

That joke is in the book.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I might be alone in thinking this, but as someone who loved the movie Labyrinth as a kid this was a top tier episode.

Poor Herbert :smith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!

I might be alone in thinking this, but as someone who loved the movie Labyrinth as a kid this was a top tier episode.

Needed more Bullock as Bowie, and the Groban should have actually been Josh Groban, but yeah, I otherwise enjoyed it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well I never watched the movie and I also thought it was good

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I wouldn’t put it past the CIA to actually construct a massive labryinth in it’s basement at Langley.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well I never watched the movie and I also thought it was good

Glad to hear it! I really do think that's a sign of a good parody: if someone can still enjoy it without being familiar with the original source material that means the jokes were built around the references rather than the references themselves being used as substitutes for jokes.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

As soon as I saw the Hensonesque creatures, I thought of you because I know you have a love of muppets

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

As soon as I saw the Hensonesque creatures, I thought of you because I know you have a love of muppets

I am unreasonably pleased to hear that, and it is very true. I love muppets, I'm still in mourning over the Happytime Murders (it could have been great! But it wasn't...) ending up so terrible and thus making more serious puppet based films unlikely, but at least The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance is good and quite well received.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I've never seen Labyrinth, I know nothing about it except for David Bowie's junk, and I thought this episode was fun.

Majorian posted:

the Groban should have actually been Josh Groban

I assumed it was until I didn't see him in the credits.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gonz posted:

I wouldn’t put it past the CIA to actually construct a massive labryinth in it’s basement at Langley.

And fill it with genetically engineered monsters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MizPiz posted:

And fill it with genetically engineered monsters

Kill kill kill kill

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 24, 2020

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Would not have expected "Toxic" to make a comeback on a random episode of America Dad! but here we are :dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole labyrinth and monsters felt very "Futurama-y" to me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Me! I've been tricking you! The guy who is still legally not allowed to use scissors!

I loved how accurate the Settles of Catan board was.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fourms might be closing soon, here's a discord I whipped up: https://discord.gg/52Y4977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I loved the last few episodes. They were fantastic.